[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best Half-Life monster and why is it the mawman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: Mawman-Half-Life-video-game.jpg (38KB, 500x530px) Image search: [Google]
Mawman-Half-Life-video-game.jpg
38KB, 500x530px
What's the best Half-Life monster and why is it the mawman?
>>
>>384508185
it's "best" because of the scary vibes it has, not because of it's mechanics

than again that's all the enemies in the half life series
>>
Is there even an enemy as fucking satisfying to shoot at like HL zombies ?

Loved right-clicking the shotgun up their faces.
>>
>>384508709
Blowing up zombies in Blood with tnt or railing multiple of those TRESPASSAH guys in quake 2
>>
You mean headcrab zombies.
>>
File: houndeye.jpg (81KB, 800x650px) Image search: [Google]
houndeye.jpg
81KB, 800x650px
>>384508185
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jO-P3kXlCI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8_R2OMgNUY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqxag2TDqtQ
>>
>>384509337
>"Office Complex" occurs fairly early in Half-Life, and therefore gameplay was slanted toward the player who is still mastering basic skills, while preparing him for more dangerous encounters ahead. We force the player to crawl, dodge, and fight in tight quarters against ambushing headcrabs. Slow monsters, such as mawmen, give a steady sense of horror and menace, and allow the player plenty of opportunities to learn to team up with allies. -Marc Laidlaw
>>
File: 41c.jpg (66KB, 600x612px) Image search: [Google]
41c.jpg
66KB, 600x612px
>>384509337

It's a bait thread, don't reply to mawman replies
>>
>>384509725
would have been pretty cool if the game wasnt a fucking corridor shooter.
>>
>>384509821
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/131767/secrets_of_the_sages_level_design.php?print=1
anti mawmen fags blown the FUCK out
>>
>>384509821
I know people shit talk Valve now but god damn did they understand level design
>>
File: Bullsquid_hl1.jpg (125KB, 652x432px)
Bullsquid_hl1.jpg
125KB, 652x432px
I really liked the enemies in Half Life.
>>
>>384510519
That's because they didn't rely on play testers back then.

Also that middle wall that blocks allies from following you was bullshit. I'm glad you could push them through. You could have 7 scientists and 3 barnies with you by the end of the level.
>>
>>384510686
Me too. Too bad they didn't bring 90% of them to HL2
>>
>>384508681
Both the venom headcrabs and the fat guys who blow up into more headcrabs are mechanically scary enemies
>>
>>384510509
for >>384510010
>>
>>384510480
thats what sven coop was for
too bad it diverged too much from HL with 4.0
>>
I like fighting all the enemies.

The fights against the HECU marines were really nice too. The setpieces gave the AI some nice opportunities to surprise you.
>>
File: fm.png (34KB, 450x299px)
fm.png
34KB, 450x299px
>>384510686
SAY HELLO TO YOGSATHOTH AND THE ELDER GODS FOR ME
>>
>>384513521
LOVECRAFT WAS RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING! HOW DID HE KNOW?!
>>
Theyre called clawlads you noob, have you even played the game?
>>
File: ninja.jpg (45KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
ninja.jpg
45KB, 300x400px
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.