[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BOTW thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: BOTW-Share_icon.jpg (237KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
BOTW-Share_icon.jpg
237KB, 1200x630px
This is my first Zelda and I am getting my ass kicked. Currently on the quest to go to one of the four towns and clear their boss

>Most enemies kill in one hit or send me down to half a heart
>Stamina so shit that even the most basic climbing and swimming is perilous
>Combat feels awkward because whether an enemy will get stunned by an attack is up to chance
>Combat against multiple enemies is even more awkward because defending against multiple angles is difficult
>Enemies that have knockdowns might as well be instakills because ragdolling on slopes ie anywhere means you take an assload of damage

On the other hand, however, I'm having fun running around Hyrule and while I'm not sure what it is, SOMETHING in the game has kept me playing even when it took me forever to clear a quest about killing a beach full of bokos I got in the first town, which is saying something. Horses are completely fucking useless and mine's just sitting in that old woman's village, so most of my gameplay has just been hoofing it around Hyrule castle looking for things to kill.
>>
>Horses are completely fucking useless
What the fuck? I literally played the entire game with a horse except for the climbing parts, also they make killing guardians piss easy, just spam your spear while you charge at them with your horse.
Also the game gets really easy the more you advance (which I didn't like) so I suggest you only update your stamina and not your hearts.
>>
>>384500275
>played the entire game with a horse except for the climbing parts
So you played with a horse for 2 minutes, then.
>>
>>384500382
After you get Ravioli's scale you don't even need to climb that much, actually climbing in it's entirety is optional. (Some guy finished the game without climbing at all)
>>
File: 1499841143674.png (279KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1499841143674.png
279KB, 500x400px
>>384500275
>Don't update hearts
>Enemies already kill in one hit
>>
>>384499302
If you are having so much trouble with combat, I recommend you upgrade your Stasis rune and use bombs more.
>>
File: DFGoRneUwAApGXP.jpg (102KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DFGoRneUwAApGXP.jpg
102KB, 1200x675px
>>384499302
>Horses are completely fucking useless
They are not. I can't imagine having to walk everywhere. They're useful as weapons if you spur them into enemies. You get two hits on an enemy (the horse's hit and Links). You can use them to hide behind if you're seen by a guardian and don't want to fight it, they're absolutely wonderful in guardian fights, they follow paths extremely well on their own letting the player look around, they move so much faster than Link can which is so helpful if you don't use fast-travel and when exploring, you can use them to mow down the game animals as a quick way to get meat, and you can strafe them into places they aren't supposed to be, too. No more tackling the Gerudo Highlands in slow motion without the snow-boots.

>>384500382
I climb mountains with my horse.
>>
File: 1408119308220.jpg (57KB, 646x714px) Image search: [Google]
1408119308220.jpg
57KB, 646x714px
>>384500275

>He doesn't shield reflect guardians
>>
>>384502373
But they look so funny flopping everywhere. Especially if you knock them down a hill.
>>
>>384499302
>>Combat against multiple enemies is even more awkward because defending against multiple angles is difficult
I always snipe a few out of the group to thin them out. Makes it easier.
>>
>>384499302
Get Stasis+ and upgrade armor.
>>
>>384499302
>This is my first Zelda

Why would you do that to yourself?
>>
>>384500275
they control like shit and takes ages to obey you

fast travelling is the way to go, this shitty game has too much climbing to make use of a horse, they should have put another mount that could climb mountains easily, like a bear, an ape or something
>>
>>384505390
>fast travelling is the way to go
People like this exist unironically. Think about that. Crikey.
>>
File: 123124135.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
123124135.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>>384505390
>fast travelling is the way to go
>>
>>384499302
It will stay like this until the rest of the game, but don't worry, you can always run past the battles, it is unnecessary.
>>
>>384505390
It takes the time to get to a stable and few apples for a horse to reach max bond. They control perfectly fine. Or are you trying to control the horse while it's running on a path? You only have to direct them at forks in the road. You're supposed to let them follow a path on their own.
>>
>>384505545
>the game forces you to walk through endless sections of nothing, it takes about 10 minutes to go from point A to B just to deliver a quest
>fast travel isn't an option because "muh immersion"
>>
>>384499302
I'm now convinced people only like this game because you can run around a huge world and that's literally it. Anyone looking for more than that stay away, because the game is not worth it.
>>
>>384506887
>Anyone looking for more
This. If y'all looking for some epic cinematic experience and not some gamey kiddie shit y'all should definitely check out The Uncharted 4 A Thief's End on The PlayStation 4 Pro desu.
>>
>>384506648
Maybe if you explored you wouldn't need to go from point A to point B. I've practically always finished a quest as soon as I got it as I already had the ingredients.
>>
>>384506116
Why even bother? You spend most of the game climbing, swimming and doing shrine puzzles. Most areas won't have a proper terrain to use your horse without it constantly getting stuck in edge of cliffs or narrow paths.

Not being able to magically call it anywhere with a song like you did in OoT and TP was a shit design decision. In other hand, you can instantly travel anywhere and make infinite bombs appear out of nowhere. Talk about Zelda logic.
>>
>>384507229
>maybe if you explored
after 50-60h you grow pretty damn tired of korok seeds and more of the same shitty breakable weapons, just saying.
>>
>>384507530
Why do you need rewards to feel good about exploring? I just enjoying taking new routes and seeing new local, the Korok seeds are just a nice little bonus. I was more focused on Shrines anyways.

>same shitty breakable weapons
Nice meme
>>
>>384507732
The weapons system in this game isn't terrible. I avoid fighting when I can because I lose more than I gain.
>>
>>384506648

>having ADD
>not wanting to enjoy the scenery during a long trip, as well as finding quests, treasure, etc along the way
>>
>>384508157
I'm assuming you meant the system is terrible, to which I disagree. The weapons will always be enough to kill one enemy for a replacement (except for Lynels which I agree are stupid health sinks). As you kill more enemies then the weapons will start getting better to match the higher difficulty. I consistently get Royal Broadswords from White Bokoblins and they always have some upgrade attached.

The system is bare-bones though, and I think would have benefited from being able to buy weapons or being able to add your own enchantments.
>>
>>384508347
>treasure
>oh boy another rusty halberd and 5 rupees
>>
File: images(6).jpg (15KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images(6).jpg
15KB, 300x168px
>>384500948
Don't get hit if you don't want to be 1 shot
>>
File: 3.jpg (38KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
38KB, 1200x675px
>>384507393
Using a horse is a quicker way to travel when you're exploring. Even if you don't want to bother going to stables to fetch your own horse, there are herds of wild horses everywhere. In my first playthrough, if my own horse wasn't around, I'd grab a wild one to get to places faster. It's just so much more enjoyable for me speeding around Hyrule than it is walking and running everywhere. It makes me actually want to explore more places.

>Most areas won't have a proper terrain to use your horse without it constantly getting stuck in edge of cliffs or narrow paths.
I haven't run into this problem. I can get my horse almost anywhere. You can strafe them over rocky areas, get them to cross rivers, and even drop them from high places if there's a deep body of water under them.
>>
>Currently on the quest to one fo the four twons and clear their boss

You mean the divine beast quest. You're going to be at that one for practically the whole game. I can only assume you're not very far in, because when you first start, you are going to die, a lot. Even on my second playthrough I can still get killed. You start off as a weakling and eventually become unstoppable
>>
>>384499302
Upgrade your armor, I still got one shotted late game because I forgot that was a thing.
>>
When did you realize BOTW was shit? For me it was when I cut grass for a bunch of crickets so I could make stamina potions in order to climb up a mountain with N64 graphics just to find a rock to life up and find a little tree man. It was at that point that I realized I would have to do this hundreds of more times in between the "combat" that consists of doing backflips then spamming attack until the thing dies.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.