[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Morrowind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 779.jpg (23KB, 250x361px) Image search: [Google]
779.jpg
23KB, 250x361px
Is this game actually good and enjoyable to play nowadays? Ive never played an elder scrolls game before , but recently I got an xbox and have been playing through some games I missed out on, Should I grab this and play it, or just skip to oblivion or Skyrim?
>>
That game is far better than oblivion or skyrim. It is both good and enjoyable.
>>
>>384490413
But I recommend getting the unofficial patch and some graphics mods. Those contain bug fixes and can make the game look really beautiful, respectively. The graphics mods you should look for are mods that enhance view distance and improve textures.
>>
Oblivion
>>
>>384490196
The best option would be to buy Skyrim: Special Edition and Elder Scrolls Online with the Morrowind Add-on for the console of your choice
>>
yeah its good its a relic moments before console faggotrey took over and ruined gaming.
Look at Morrowind U.I. Literally customizable windows. Made for PC. Amazing.

Now look at Skyrim unmodded. Fucking disgusting trash. Consoles are ruining gaming.
>>
>>384490196
It is probably the easiest elder scrolls game to get immersed in
The only downside is that the quests are garbage, but exploring and magic combat is where it shines
>>
Skyrims main problem imo is its way too easy even on max difficulty. Morrowind suffers this problem as well. Oblivion did difficulty very well. Oblivion is super hard on max difficulty.

Not sure why they pussied out in Skyrim. Followers scale up in difficulty setting and become tanks that can solo dragons. Literally gave me cancer.
>>
File: 1396302044612.jpg (37KB, 426x500px) Image search: [Google]
1396302044612.jpg
37KB, 426x500px
>>384490196
It depends if you like invisible d20 rolls for combat and the like, while making sure you allocate the right stats to your character or risk having a gimped shitpile to play with. Honestly its a much more hardcore roll play game than Oblivion or Skyrim. With the expansions, it has a much more diverse feature set in terms of ways to build a character, and more exotic locations.

The downside is that it is much harder (for me) to get immersed in the game than its sequel. I honestly had more fun playing Oblivion because you weren't so locked down on what your build was and what that meant for your capabilities. The downside is that it does not have the same mechanical depth that Morrowind did. So if the minutia of stats and pen and paper character building interests you, you wont get as much out of it.

Skyrim is basically streamlined Oblivion with some new mechanics thrown in, but I didn't really have fun with the game until I had 15+ mods running on it. I think its way overrated.

I played these games as they came out btw if that matters.
>>
also are there any performance differences between the normal and GOTY editions?
>>
Let me give you a detailed rundown here.

First, Oblivion. This is basically unplayable. The setting and mechanics are incredibly bland; the fast travel makes the world's size feel like nothing because you can get to literally any location of interest with a click as soon as it becomes a quest objective. I've played every mainline Elder Scrolls game, 1 through 5, and I am doing my absolute best to try and power through Oblivion because I've heard that it has nice quests, but I just get SO BORED playing it. It's a pure snoozefest. The one thing it has going for it is that it has some passable writing.

About Skyrim. Skyrim is about as bland as Oblivion, but the game mechanics are better handled, so it is actually playable. It is not exceptional in any way but I got a decent number of hours out of it. The world is a fucking snore. The writing is COMPLETE ASS. I have never seen such bad writing in a video game. Everyone is jacking you off for being the chosen one constantly, especially towards the end of the game, and the game tries so hard to make you feel like you accomplished something, but there is no sense of accomplishment. The plot is paper-thin and the characters are one-dimensional.

Now, Morrowind. Morrowind has a really well-crafted and unique world, with very varied and alien landscape and fauna. The writing is top-notch. You talk to different people about the same thing and they have completely different attitudes and knowledge levels depending on their backgrounds and their relationship to you. The factions are well fleshed out and complex, interacting in interesting ways. The gameplay is stimulating - you have an enormous amount of freedom in character building, and unpacking how the various mechanics work is fun and interesting (it is broken in that certain mechanics are clearly overpowered; you need to resist taking advantage of bullshit). The game has really fantastically-written books, which you can find and read through, and deep and complex lore.
>>
>>384493343
Also, not only is the world well-crafted in general, but it is well-crafted in specific. You can just wander around and explore and you will find a ton of interesting shit, unique items, little stories. There is much more love and variety put into random-ass dungeons, by orders of magnitude, than in Oblivion or Skyrim.
>>
>>384490196
Hijacking your thread. Any essential mods for a first time playthrough on PC?
>>
>>384494971
Of the following list: http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/top/?

>Morrowind Overhaul
Not sure about this one, but it is number one; see if it looks reasonable.

>Morrowind Code Patch
Must-have. Fixes a ton of shit.

>MGE XE
Graphical improvements; huge view distance increase. Must-have.

>Better Heads, Better Bodies
Kind of a taste thing. See what the character models look like in game and compare them to the changes made by these mods. Lots of people like the new ones. I think they're OK.

There are some gameplay balance mods and such but I don't fuck with those. I'd play the game (mechanics-wise) at it is the first time around.
>>
>>384492425
Sponge enemies != difficult.
Oh, this is bait. My bad.
>>
>>384495418

The only MUST HAVE gameplay balance thing is a mod that lets you collect from plants without opening a fucking inventory box.
>>
>>384496079
I could see that being nice, sure. I just got used to the inventory box. You can move the boxes around so it's a pretty minimal amount of work to deal with them.
>>
>>384495418
The point of Better Bodies is to get rid of the seams in the original models. If you don't like nudity, just pick the underwear version. The changes are minimal that way.
>>
>>384496369
That's cool. I'm not too well-versed in the mods, although I have played the game a shit ton.
>>
The format is one of the worst things in video games, but other than that it's really good.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.