[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sell me on this /v/. Is it really as good as everyone says it is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

Sell me on this /v/. Is it really as good as everyone says it is
>>
>>384486654
why don't you just play it yourself and come up with your own opinion
>>
>>384486735
Come to your own conclusion.
>>
>>384486654
It is as good as the best Mega Man game, maybe better.
>>
>>384486735
>OP tries to make video game discussion
>Lmao no bro go post more about traps and waifus
>>
>>384486654
It's good, but probably not worth it for more than $20.
>>
>>384486654
Do you like 8 and 16 bit classic platformers?
If yes, this is inironically as good as this genre gets
If no, theres nothing special that may change your mind
>>
>>384486907

SK is a fantastic game, but that post is a stretch if I ever saw one.
>>
It's a very solid game, not too many flaws. Shame you waited this long to play really, because the price recently jumped up because of the extra campaigns.
>>
>>384486654
It's a good game. Too bad about plague knight being reddit tier in his campaign though.
>>
I'm playing it right now actually. Pretty good so far. The levels are fairly long compared to other 2d platformers. Decent challenge. I'm not sure I like the whole "if you die, you have one chance to get your gold back", especially since it's actually impossible to get your gold back in some instances, depending on where you died.

Anyone have any tips for me? I've only beaten a couple levels so far.
>>
>>384486654

Do you like Mega Man / Metroid / Castlevania? Yes? Then this is your game.
>>
>>384488529
Get armor set that reduces gold drop on death.
Armorpost is about halfway into the game.
>>
>>384488529
Use fishing rod to retrieve cash
>>
>>384486654
Yes. It's amazing. Go buy it right now.
>>
>>384486654
>Fun
>Lots of bosses
>Nostalgic in a good way
>Free DLCs that are almost entirely new games in their own right

You tell me
>>
File: IMG_20170719_190449.jpg (2MB, 3120x3400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170719_190449.jpg
2MB, 3120x3400px
>>384486907
OP here, this sold me
>>
>>384490158
Oh great. Hope you dont regret it(you won't)
Keep us posted
>>
>>384487947
Name a better game with mega man in the title
>>
>>384490346
Should I play with Body Swap? Sounds a bit easy
>>
File: DDxr1iSW0AAOZks.jpg (45KB, 635x594px) Image search: [Google]
DDxr1iSW0AAOZks.jpg
45KB, 635x594px
king knight is my husbando
>>
Any tips for doing the tower climb in specter knight's story? I find I can only get about half way up before hitting screens that pretty consistently fuck me.
>>
>>384490614
Wait until your second run and just flip every gender, it's neat to see all the little differences and sometimes there's entirely new spritework for the flipped genders. It's cool.
>>
>>384490557
Mega Man X4
>>
>>384489470

The dlcs are no longer free
>>
>>384486654
I thought it was fun and for $20, id say its worth it.
That being said i played Ratchet & Clank after and it made me think that 8-bit games are more novelty than anything these days.
SK kept me busy and im glad i have it to come back to here and there but it is a rent only game if im gonna be honest.
>>
> Want to buy it during the Steam sale
> They actually increased the price when they released content that was paid for during the kickstarter
I think they have enough money. I'm glad I pirated it on 3DS
>>
>>384491003
Why is this lie perpetuated in every SK thread?
>>
>>384491296
It's not a lie tho
>>
>>384491435
if you own treasure trove the upcoming king knight campaign and battle mode are free, and that's what op is deciding on getting
>>
I have 94 hours for shovel knight. It's incredible
>>
File: IMG_9298.jpg (544KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9298.jpg
544KB, 3000x3000px
>>384490680
His crown isn't even made of gold though HEE HEE.
>>
>>384491980

Then in this case you are correct
>>
>>384486654
Will we get something about King Knight at Gamescom?
>>
>>384490704
Grey armor, forgot its name, allows you to slide in the ground to go faster, otherwise, git gud
>>
>>384490704
If you don't have them already, the hover and reaper dash curio give you some leeway for mistakes. The dash can also be used to skip certain sections. Rail Mail can be helpful as well even if you only use it sparingly, just make sure you don't run into a wall. It's not necessary though. Other than that, it's all down to a combination of skill and practice.
>>
KING KNIGHT WHEN
>>
I got it at walmart for $7 on clearance. Its okay buy nothing special
>>
Beat it once it was ok
Wouldnt call it anything special at all
>>
File: DAQasJ7UAAEsJpB.jpg (78KB, 1036x855px) Image search: [Google]
DAQasJ7UAAEsJpB.jpg
78KB, 1036x855px
>>384488115
He's cute nervous, not creeper nervous.

Just because you are only like that around your dad doesn't mean you should undermine a cute story.
>>
>>384490704
Use the Megaman X mode wall jumps to beat it.

You don't get feats for it since it's a cheat but it's still worth doing to get a feel for it, and easier to use than the normal wall run
>>
>>384491107
They increased the price because the campaigns being free was something for early adopters and for backers, who got the game as well. So they fulfilled their Kickstarter promise, and it allows them to sell their game at a price relative to the amount of content.

If you're gonna pick a hill to die on, make it Isaac being 40 dollars on Switch.
>>
>>384495132
>being a cheating gay
wats the point my dude
>>
>>384486654
I'm not sure how good "everyone else" says it is because I've seen it both praised and trashed by various people.
Personally I think it's a great game. Shovel Knight alone without any of the expansions was already pretty good, a 2D sidescroller with good spritework and elements from Castlevania, Zelda 2 and Ducktales.
Each of the two expansions so far have been so good that it made the last version of the game look bad by comparison, too. Plague Knight is basically the same game as Shovel Knight level-design-wise, with an entirely new and completely different character and moveset and a few added areas/changed bosses, and Spectre Knight is almost an entirely different game that just reuses some assets from the original, featuring completely redone level design, boss fights, music, etc. Spectre Knight is the Majora's Mask to Shovel Knight's OoT to draw a comparison.

I think the game is still worth buying after the greedy price hike, and was a fantastic value before said price hike.
Mona is best girl
>>
>>384491003
If you buy the physical version you should still be able to get everything free.
>>
>>384495601
Maverick Hunter Mode is the best way to do a second playthrough, but it's also a good way to get a feel for the tower challenge.

You can still only wall jump up the climbable walls so it's more an alternate moveset than anything.
>>
literally just tried it
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.