[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a comfy Zelda thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Zelda.jpg (122KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda.jpg
122KB, 1080x1080px
Few days ago i asked on this board to help me choose a first Zelda game to play because i never played any game from this series before as i was always a PCfag and Sonyfag.
I finished a Link to the Past and now i'm playing through Ocarina of Time. So far i'm really enjoying them. I real shame i never got to play them before.
So i wanted to talk about what did you like about those games (nostalgia does not matter) and what makes them so special to you.
>>
>tfw you buy and fully furnish the house in hateno village
it's a nice feel
what a comfy village
>>
>>384484501
>and what makes them so special to you.
I mean, there aren't really any other adventure games like Zelda out there. Playing OoT for the first time was like playing your dream game, absolute perfection. And when it was over you didn't experience anything like it until BotW. So, good and bad I suppose.
>>
>>384484969
That's a feeling i got too. The sense of exploration is really there and any Triple A game with map markers and handholding does not match it.
As i said i only finished LttP and playing through OoT now but still, i'm surprised how much content and enjoyment 1MB game can have.
>>
Wind Waker was the first Zelda game I played through on my own. Yeah, most of the world map is just empty ocean, but something about sailing around that vast expanse of water felt nice.
>>
>>384484501
I personally started with the very first Zelda on NES all those decades ago. However, OoT was the life changing game for me. Absolutely amazing game, which just about anyone that has played it love as well. I quite literally replay it annually.

MM is another one of my favourites. A worthy sequel to OoT. Damn dark and twisted experience to boot.

After N64 era, I started finding the series a bit stale. Sure I enjoyed WW and TP, but nowhere near as much as the previous two games. However, I only got to play SS for the first time earlier this year, and to my great surprise, I also greatly enjoyed it.

I now have over 200h put to BotW. Simply amazing game as well. Prolly the first one to truly scale ip to Oot's magnitude.
>>
Link's Awakening > all
>>
>>384486475
I never tried BotW yet, probably will in the future but don't know about it really. From what i heard it sounds fun but i heard that it has problem with some repetitive gameplay and lack of depth.
But damn it's pretty and looks like ton of fun.
>>
>>384484501
OoT and MM were the first vidya I played so I always think fondly of them. Other than that, Zelda has felt more like an annoyance than anything else in recent years, but that has more to do with the shitty fanbase than how much less charming they've gotten as the series has progressed.
>>
File: 1298364094049.jpg (597KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1298364094049.jpg
597KB, 1680x1050px
I started with the original LoZ. It's a tad cryptic at times but I love it all the same. Pre-BotW my favorite Zelda was Link's Awakening. I loved the change to the formula: after three games of fighting Ganon and friends, it was nice to not even have him mentioned. Twilight Princess dropped the ball in that regard.

You should give the Gameboy games a shot, OP. Link's Awakening and both Oracle games are all solid. I can't speak to the Minish Cap though.
>>
>>384487679
Yea Zelda fanbase can get really cancerous. Too bar really because those are very comfy games.
>>
>>384487924
What's with the hate for Twilight Princess, i thought that Skyward Sword and that one title no one talks about were the most hated?
>>
>>384484501
>and now i'm playing through Ocarina of Time.
I hope you play Majora's Mask afterwards instead of hopping ahead.
>>
>>384488136
I actually rather like TP. I just think having Zant be the ultimate big bad would have been nice, even if he still worked on behalf of Ganon. Specifically I loved the OST and the combat.

Were you around for the 8.8 happening? TP got shitposted a fuckton back then.
>>
>>384488321
Don't worry. I had planned to play MM and WW then TW ending with BotW maybe in the future, once Switch gets cheaper.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.