[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assassin's Creed: Origins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 33

File: Assassin's Creed Origins.png (264KB, 283x352px) Image search: [Google]
Assassin's Creed Origins.png
264KB, 283x352px
So, uh, anyone else here excited to play an open world game set in Ancient Egypt?
>>
Don't give a shit about this game at all but I do love the color palette of the cover.
>>
>>384482531

I like the cover, but the game will be fucking shitty
>>
>>384483171

>but the game will be fucking shitty

Why do you say that?
>>
>>384482531
Unironically yes.
Its the first AC I'm looking forward to since 4. Which was the first AC I was ever looking forward to.
>>
>>384483467

Because every Assassins Creed except for the very first one was absolute casual bullshit, and the first one is only better because of the story, atmosphere, altair and staying at least somewhat true to historical premises
>>
Can't wait, I love history. I am a little pissed you can't one hit kill higher level enemies with stealth attacks. But hopefully the game paces well where it won't be a giant problem
>>
>>384483641
>First one
>Not Brotherhood

It's like you haven't even played the games...
>>
>>384483641
Combat is completely diffrent. I got hope
>>
The changes they did sound like they could just as easily ruin the game as much as it could innovate so I'll just wait a few weeks after release.
>>
>>384482531

Pretty sure it's not set in ancient egypt, it's set in Ptolemaic egypt.
>>
>>384482531
The AssCreed formula had some serious problems but I don't think turning it into a even more dumbed down Witcher 3 is going to fix anything.
>>
>>384484270

>Pretty sure it's not set in ancient egypt, it's set in Ptolemaic egypt.

I think that since it's set during the Ptolemaic Dynasty of Egypt (which existed during classic antiquity), it could technically still be considered to be within ancient times. So, in a way, it's still set in ancient Egypt.
>>
File: download (33).jpg (20KB, 644x475px) Image search: [Google]
download (33).jpg
20KB, 644x475px
>>384482531
>Assassins creed game
>excited

Choose one
>>
I like the eagle, I like the bow, I like the big baddies.

But assasin creed lost the spice with Ezio. Connor was supposed to be great, the premise was awesome, but he just fell flat as a character. Without a good lead to make you feel like a badass, these games flounder (on top of not innovating gameplay nearly enough over, what, 9 iterations of this game?)
>>
>>384482531

I was surprised they made real ancient Egyptians and not KANGZ
>>
>>384482531
i would be if the last game had been Asscreed 1 or 2
>>
>>384484903

I'm always excited for the newest installment of the Assassin's Creed series because I'm interested in history and I love the level of detail that the developers put into all of the cities, the peoples, and the stories. I'm especially interested in the Ancient Near East. No other historical fiction game seems to go into the level of detail that the Assassin's Creed games do, except for maybe the Total War games.

As for the gameplay, that's a different story. It's varied quite a lot throughout the series. Maybe the combat in this new one will be challenging. I'm also wondering if they'll keep a certain level of naval combat, similar to what they had in Assassin's Creed IV. Of course, the ships during those two time periods were very different, but there was naval combat during the Ptolemaic Kingdom of Egypt nonetheless.
>>
>>384482531
nah, it looked entertaining in a completely controlled scripted demo environment but regular gameplay in the open-world looks uninteresting. no interest in playing it.
>>
File: Nubian people.png (998KB, 717x538px) Image search: [Google]
Nubian people.png
998KB, 717x538px
>>384485201

>I was surprised they made real ancient Egyptians and not KANGZ

Are you suggesting that there weren't any black people in Ancient Egypt?

Because there were.

They were called Nubians.

Pic related. It's what present day Nubians look like.
>>
>>384485656
this has to be a paid pajeet right? I refuse to believe a person can write this garbage out of their own volition
>>
>>384486545

there is more than 2000 years of evolutionary gap. Stop trying to cling on the nigger dick, anon. It's pathetic.
>>
File: ghghgh.png (778KB, 662x688px) Image search: [Google]
ghghgh.png
778KB, 662x688px
>>384482531
depends, will there be ayy lmaos?
>>
>>384482531
Can you explore tomb and ruins? No?
Then no I'm not excited to play Ass Creed.
>>
>>384482531

>excited for another game where you kill whitey ?

fo sho
>>
>>384482531
>Ubisoft
These threads deserve all the WE's it gets.
>>
Does this still have a modern day plot? I stopped playing after AC3's bullshit ending
>>
>>384486989

>there is more than 2000 years of evolutionary gap

There actually were black people in Ancient Egypt, though. The Nubians even invaded and successfully conquered Egypt around the 7th century BCE. They had their own pharaohs. They built their own pyramids. They ruled for about a hundred years.
>>
>>384482531
I know I am. AC is a guilty pleasure for me and I've always wanted it go to Ancient Egypt.

But man, I gotta admit, it DOES look rough as fuck. Something about the animations and traversal just doesn't look right.
>>
>>384483467
It's an assassin's creed game
>>
>>384482531
Specifically? Not really. "Open world" is pretty much a meaningless concept by now, and the sginificance of the good early AC games were the intricately designed city scape levels.

I'd be more interested if they promised well-designed cities like Alexandria, Memphis and Hermopolis, assuing the time line is close to the roman conquest.
>>
File: sunn.gif (1MB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
sunn.gif
1MB, 250x233px
>>384485656
>>
>>384482531
Yes
But only because it's set in Ancient Egypt
Too few games are.
>>
>>384487257
Apparently tomb exploration is coming back, along with naval warfare
>>
>>384482531
Depends. Will there be murder solving missions?
>>
The combat will be shit as always but I like climbing stuff
>>
>>384486860

>this has to be a paid pajeet right? I refuse to believe a person can write this garbage out of their own volition

In all seriousness, what other historical fiction video game goes into the same level of detail that the Assassin's Creed games do?

There's history-based games like Mount & Blade, but Mount & Blade is itself set in a fictional place with fictional peoples.

There's other history-based games like the Civilization series, but the Civilization games are turn-based 4X-type strategy games.

There's games like Crusader Kings, but the Crusader Kings games are also strategy games.

There's games like Age of Empires, but the Age of Empires games are just real-time strategy games.

There's games like Immortal Cities: Children of the Nile, but that game is just a city-building simulation game.

There's the Total War series, but those are real-time strategy games.

What other video game series will allow me to freerun around ancient Egyptian cities?
>>
AYY
>>
File: Ramses_II_charging_Nubians.jpg (1008KB, 1944x801px) Image search: [Google]
Ramses_II_charging_Nubians.jpg
1008KB, 1944x801px
>>384486545
No, we're saying the ancient Egyptian weren't Negros.
>>
>>384488638
WIFE'S SON
>>
File: 1500425129703.png (516KB, 853x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500425129703.png
516KB, 853x720px
Why do AC1 cucks pretend their game was good?

Literally all the missions were the same shit like on Just cause 2 tier.
>>
File: Kushite Empire.png (189KB, 892x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Kushite Empire.png
189KB, 892x1023px
>>384488884

>No, we're saying the ancient Egyptian weren't Negros.

Depends on which time period of Ancient Egypt we're discussing here. The Kushite Empire was founded by the Nubians, who had Napata (it was a city-state in what is today called Sudan, a country that is considered within "Sub-Saharan Africa") as their capital city. The Kushite Empire invaded and successfully conquered Egypt around the 7th century BCE and started the 25th Dynasty of Ancient Egypt. The dynasty ruled over Egypt for roughly around a hundred years. They had five pharaohs in Ancient Egypt. They even built their own pyramids. The Nubians are generally considered to be "black".
>>
>>384489249
The Mongols conquered China does that make China suddenly Mongolian? Same with the Mughals in India, does that make Hindus Muslim? Five Negroid Pharaohs is nothing for a Semitic civilization that lasted two millennia.
>>
>>384482531
Ancient Egypt seems like an awesome place for a modern game, too bad it's being made by Ubisoft.
>>
>>384487706
Not really, after AC3 there has been next to no progress in the """plot""" they have now.
>>
>>384489178
Nobody really liked AC1 it was at most a mediocre game AC2 on the other hand was great and compared to a lot of triple A action adventure games it was adored.
>>
>>384489249
Greeks/Romans held Egypt for 1000 years, doesn't make them White
>>
File: Mongol Empire.gif (162KB, 752x591px) Image search: [Google]
Mongol Empire.gif
162KB, 752x591px
>>384490008

>The Mongols conquered China does that make China suddenly Mongolian? Same with the Mughals in India, does that make Hindus Muslim? Five Negroid Pharaohs is nothing for a Semitic civilization that lasted two millennia.

Yeah, no shit.

If you're going to use the Mongol Empire as an analogy to compare with the Kushite Empire, then consider this:

The Mongol Empire invaded and successfully conquered China. The Mongols ended the Song Dynasty and then started their own dynasty called the "Yuan Dynasty". Not everybody living in China today is a Mongol, but there's a large population of Mongols still living in China today.

The Kushite Empire invaded and successfully conquered Egypt. The Nubians then started their own dynasty: it was the Nubian Dynasty (or the 25th Dynasty of Ancient Egypt). Not everybody living in Egypt today is a Nubian, but there's a large population of Nubians still living in Egypt today.

Point of the matter is, that Ancient Egypt wasn't as black-or-white as people would like to think it was. The Egyptians of antiquity were regularly in contact with neighboring peoples (mainly: Nubians to the south, Lybians to the west, Asiatics to the east) going back millennia. There's recorded evidence of ancient Egyptians having colonies in West Asia (specifically: in what is today called "Israel") as far back as 3000 BCE or even earlier.

The peoples of the Ancient Near East were regularly interacting with each other for thousands of years.

Ancient Egypt invaded, defeated, conquered, and/or enslaved various different peoples throughout the Ancient Near East for centuries.

Likewise: Egypt has been invaded, defeated, and conquered several times throughout its history by various different peoples from all over the world these past 5,000 years.
>>
>>384483535
This. I bought Black Flag only for the pirate shit and I will buy this one for the setting exclusively. They better put Caesar, Antonius and Octavian in there those fucks.
>>
>>384483060
It's the orange and blue combo that isn't as overt as portal
>>
>>384491135
One century. We talking one century of Kush rule. Five Pharaohs and we're talking about a game that takes place in during the reign of Cleopatra.
>>
>>384483676
>I love history
Yeah those heat seeking arrows were real nice. Wonder why we got rid of those...
>>
>>384482531
>excited to play an open world game set in Ancient Egypt
Yeah I just wish it wasn't ass creed though.
Will probably pick it up at xmas
>>
>>384488697
Play paradox games and RP like the rest of us faggot
>>
>>384492049
That's how ubisoft always ruins a good game. I have no idea why they still do that. Like Black FLag could have been a great pirate game but they just had to make the story about some weird cube that had like a hologram with the templar death star plans in it or something. Nobody cares about that shit. Just leave it out and you got a 9/10 historic game.
>>
>>384492305
>like the rest of us
Not all of us are fags anon.
>>
File: Cleopatra VII Philopator.png (2MB, 1149x1523px) Image search: [Google]
Cleopatra VII Philopator.png
2MB, 1149x1523px
>>384491882

>One century. We talking one century of Kush rule. Five Pharaohs and we're talking about a game that takes place in during the reign of Cleopatra.

No shit, right?

Point of the matter is that there were, in fact, quite a large number of Sub-Saharan Africans living in Ancient Egypt. A few Sub-Saharan Africans were even kings of Egypt for a time, although roughly seven centuries before this new Assassin's Creed game is set in.

It would seem that Assassin's Creed: Origins will be set around the year 40 BCE. During that time, Ancient Egypt had Cleopatra VII Philopator as its ruler. Her father was of Greek ancestry. Her mother's ancestry is unknown. Pic related. So far I didn't see how she will be depicted in the game.

And as for the game's protagonist, it would seem that he will be a Medjay, but not a Nubian. An Egyptian. According to this article anyway:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/06/11/-meet-assassin-s-creed-origin-s-new-hero-and-his-eagle.aspx

>When we meet Bayek, he’s already established in his world. He’s not an assassin in training or a young person looking for adventure. He’s in his 30s, and secure in his role as a Medjay. According to Origins’ developers, the Medjay were essentially the police of ancient Egypt. They were originally Nubian mercenaries, but over a long period of time they were absorbed into Egyptian life and served as pharaonic guards, security, and other peacekeeping roles

>He’s not Nubian per se, he’s Egyptian.

But I imagine that there will still be people bitching about the depiction of Sub-Saharan Africans living in Ancient Egypt like maybe some of these guys:

>>384482662
>>384485201
>>384486989
>>384487293
>>384488638
>>384488884
>>384490008
>>
>>384482531
I will never be excited to play an open world anything ever again.
>>
>>384482531
Open World game in ancient Egypt yes, but not an Assassins Creed game. Nor any other game developed by Ubisoft
>>
>>384491882
There were migrations even then I think that anon was trying to say the population of Egypt wasn't homogenous. Not that they were all black just that there were some black people and they were probably a significant part of the population even if you disregard the fact they were occupied by Nubians they were still the richest African civilization that atracted people from all over the continent and the mediterranean.
>>
I pre-ordered the shit out of it.
>>
>>384493079
But anon I called you a fag first you can't just call the same thing I called you. That's not how namecalling works. No wonder you can't RP you're imagination's shit. Read a book.
>>
>>384492305

>Play paradox games and RP like the rest of us faggot

Ugh. Fine. Whatever. I guess I'll just go back to modding Mount & Blade and Total War games to make mods set in Ancient Egypt.
>>
>>384493162
5% is not "quite" large, don't exaggerate. Also "wuz" is not bitching, I've spend enough time on Civ4 forums auguring that Hannibal was white to finally see the tide turn.
>>
>>384493446
5% of the modern population is not significant and you have nothing to prove it was then. In fact evidence is stacked against you, Egyptian explorers often commented on how "black" the lands south of Egypt were.
>>
Did all the shills ITT not see the footage from E3? Game looks like horrendous shit but of course everyone has to feel like a snowflake

>yo DESU i loved black flag haha and i love Egyptian culture yo, im sure no one else does but me, but that makes me special and intrigued in this game desu fuark xD
>>
>>384493743
>faggot
>>
This game is literally
>we want the Witcher 3/BOTW audience
>>
>>384494516
Your starting to piss me off KID.
>>
>>384487812
>The Nubians even invaded and successfully conquered Egypt around the 7th century BCE. They had their own pharaohs. They built their own pyramids.

WE
>>
>>384494394

>Game looks like horrendous shit

Elaborate.
>>
>>384495095

Watch a video, cringe-fag.
>>
>>384495139

>Watch a video, cringe-fag.

I did.

It looks fine for a third-person, action-and-adventure, open world, historical fiction video game set in Ancient Egypt being released for the eighth generation of video game consoles.

Why don't you try specifying what you saw that you didn't like?
>>
>>384495585
Not Ancient Egypt. The pyramids were built thousands of years before the game take place.
>>
>>384497051

>Not Ancient Egypt

Depending on the historian, "ancient" times seem to have ended with the fall of the Western Roman Empire around the 4th century CE. But for whatever reason historians generally seem to regard "Ancient Egypt" to have ended with the Wars of Alexander the Great. Since this game will be set around the year 40 BCE, it could technically still be considered to be set in "ancient" Egypt. Or, rather, Egypt during classical antiquity.
>>
>>384492049

>>I love history

>Yeah those heat seeking arrows were real nice. Wonder why we got rid of those...

With any piece of historical fiction (whether it be a: video game, film, television series, novel, etc.) there will inevitably be historical inaccuracies.

With the Assassin's Creed games it's to be expected, what with all of the First Civilization nonsense. But that doesn't meant that everything in the Assassin's Creed games is historically inaccurate.

If one is genuinely interested in history, there is always supplemental material (whether it be: interactive, visual, audible, readable, etc.)

One can always learn about historical inaccuracies in a historical period drama film from, say, the Internet Movie Database and the listed goofs. Then one does further research if they're curious.
>>
>>384483171

>but the game will be fucking shitty

>>384485673

>it looked entertaining in a completely controlled scripted demo environment but regular gameplay in the open-world looks uninteresting

>>384487821

>But man, I gotta admit, it DOES look rough as fuck. Something about the animations and traversal just doesn't look right.

>>384488594

>The combat will be shit as always

>>384494394

>Game looks like horrendous shit

Specify.
>>
Been itching for a game set in Egypt, so I'll keep an eye out, but whether or not I'll actually get the game remains to be seen, still saving up to upgrade my machine and saving up some more to buy some consoles an shiet
>>
>>384482531

Sure, looks fun to explore. I'll probably not buy it until it's on sale though. It's still an AC that still follows the same formula. While I kinda like that formula, it has been heavily overdone and does not motivate me to pay 60 bucks.
Not paying full price was how I was able to enjoy the series, mostly.
>>
>>384482531
WE WUZ PRETTY EXCITED N SHEIT
>>
>>384500818

Nice job at ignoring how AC2, for a long time, had missable things that required you to restart the entire fucking game if you missed them. And that was intended.
I love AC2 but holy shit this was terrible.
>>
>>384501332
Treasure chests. You can never reach 100% if you missed even one in a secret area within a secret area that you could not go back to.
That is far worse than side objectives you can repeat infintely.
>>
>>384482531
don't know, but I'll tell you this.

This site has nothing to offer anybody. There is no quality content here you cannot get more quickly and efficiently elsewhere. This is an addiction which reduces your productivity, attention span, and free time. You are becoming more bitter, narrow minded, haughty, and old. Leave now and block this site. There is nothing here but slow, lonely suicide.

People do not have arguments here. Posters do not engage one another on key points, they nitpick with greentext and mock each other. Nobody is interested in the truth; people are battling for fleeting moments of superiority. Active commenters are loud jackasses who tumble into one internet fight after another, anxiously keeping ten tabs open to ensure they keep the last word in all of them. An insightful post is one in ten thousand, and no matter how hard you filter this place you are still searching for diamonds in a garbage dump.

This place is not making you happy. You are not having fun. You are not gathering stories to tell, learning, or growing as a person. Instead you chuckle every thirty minutes and are occasionally spurred to masturbation by libidinal posts or pictures. You are addicted to readily available information and pressure free social interaction. This place is gradually poisoning you with misogyny, narcissism, a false dichotomy surrounding normalfags, and insecurity.

I'm not telling you to b urself. I'm not telling you to go outside. I'm not even telling you to make friends. Just leave 4chan. Do anything else.
>>
At least side objectives made the games kinda challenging sometimes. Otherwise there is just a single strategy to everything ever.
>>384501547
Yes, there was a completion rating for side stuff.
>>
>>384492049
if every piece of historical fiction were based in reality entirely, then it would just be a history book.
>>
Unity and Syndicate were shit. Ubisoft is now just a bunch of diversity hires and nu-males, they can't make shit anymore (except Steep which was actually fun).
>>
>>384501486
Edit: Thanks for the reddit gold :3
>>
>game set in egypt
>no actual egyptians in game

what did ubisoft mean by this?
>>
File: its-afraid-1401101.png (89KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
its-afraid-1401101.png
89KB, 500x303px
>>384501486
>>
>>384493162
Sheeit we wuz really kangz n sheeit
>>
File: yeeep.jpg (41KB, 638x328px) Image search: [Google]
yeeep.jpg
41KB, 638x328px
cautiously optimistic
im a huge AC fan , here's hoping its as massively ambitious as unity was
>>
>>384501486
weak
>>
>>384501743
Unity is underrated as fuck
>>
>>384493162
> A few Sub-Saharan Africans were even kings of Egypt for a time, although roughly seven centuries before this new Assassin's Creed game is set in.

Gonna need to see some proof on that claim, and my proof I mean peer reviewed sources. I am aware of the black pharaohs at the next of the empire but to my knowledge there was zero up until then.
>>
>>384502618
Graphics wise it was a work of art and that department deserves praise. Story wise it was a bit of a bore, and the filler really ruined it. It was really weak on the philosophy, hardly touched on the revolution.
>>
>>384503069

Since muh templars were behind the revolution
>>
File: victory stele of pharaoh Piye.png (244KB, 697x464px) Image search: [Google]
victory stele of pharaoh Piye.png
244KB, 697x464px
>>384502651

>Gonna need to see some proof on that claim, and my proof I mean peer reviewed sources. I am aware of the black pharaohs at the next of the empire but to my knowledge there was zero up until then.

Pic related. It's a drawing of the upper-right part of the victory stele of the Pharaoh Piye of the 25th Dynasty of Ancient Egypt. He was Kushite. A Nubian. He was black. Ruled around the 7th century BCE.

The Nubians conquered Egypt at a time known as the "Third Intermediate Period" which was, in a way, a sort of "Dark Ages" of the Bronze Age. It was during the "Bronze Age Collapse". The Greeks had their "Greek Dark Ages" during this time period, which is when the Trojan War was believed to have occurred.

The Nubians (along with several others peoples from the Ancient Near East, such as the Lybians) invaded and successfully conquered Egypt during one of Ancient Egypt's most difficult times. The Nubians had their own pharaohs in Egypt for quite a while.

Pharaoh Piye was the first of five Nubian pharaohs of this dynasty.

>Gonna need to see some proof on that claim, and my proof I mean peer reviewed sources.

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/museums-static/digitalegypt//chronology/piy.html
https://www.academia.edu/11021678/_Retour_sur_la_succession_Shabaqo-Shabataqo_Nehet_1_2014_p._115-127.
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/print/2008/02/black-pharaohs/robert-draper-text
https://www.worldcat.org/title/journal-of-egyptian-archaeology/oclc/929687960
>>
It looks cool but im not exactly sold on the RPG route its going just yet it might even make Syndicates combat look good
>>
>>384502651

>Gonna need to see some proof on that claim, and my proof I mean peer reviewed sources. I am aware of the black pharaohs at the next of the empire but to my knowledge there was zero up until then.

http://www.yare.org/essays/pianky.htm
http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/texts/piye.htm
https://web.archive.org/web/20110717185130/http://www.egyptologyblog.co.uk/2006/03/06.html#a1431
https://www.jstor.org/stable/3855921
http://www.jstor.org/stable/3855921?origin=crossref
http://www.egyptologyblog.co.uk/#a1431
>>
>black ancient Egyptians with British accents: electric bogaloo
no thanks
>>
Bayeks gonna be the new connor
>>
>>384504268

The Fyre Twins are the new connor
>>
>>384504395

I mean he looks like he will lack personality hate the British Twins all you want but at least they acted
>>
>>384503069
>>384503926
no actually for story it did really well especially in the beginning, childs were really well done, the romance was too, and the kiss was probably only kiss in vidya that didnt look like 2 plastic dolls pushed faces together
>>384504164
seriously fuck off with that shit, we dont need your pol spam, youre literally just false flagging yourself to spam some pol propaganda, i play vidya not social politics, you want to cry about politicsl, go back to pol not here, shitting up our board
>>
File: 1.jpg (41KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
41KB, 700x525px
>still no assassin's creed in japan where you fight samurais n shit with katanas and explore beautiful cities
literally the perfect setting and we get KANGZ instead
>>
File: 1498420090081.png (192KB, 444x296px) Image search: [Google]
1498420090081.png
192KB, 444x296px
>>384483060
>no WE fpbp
Disappointing.
>>
File: 5456145456455141.png (100KB, 516x782px) Image search: [Google]
5456145456455141.png
100KB, 516x782px
I am mildly hyped for it but I am not a fan of Egypt so ehh
>>
I actually dont think Bayek will be that bad he might be cool that quest they showed off with the priest had him show more emotion than connor
>>
>>384504772
The most overrated setting more like.
>>
>>384505378
I think he came off as a really strong character, he might carry more than just one game.

Seems like they mixed Altair and Connor together but did it the right way.
>>
>>384505413
i'd take that over 'hurr durr america war xd' any day
>>
File: 1445989294272.png (594KB, 785x820px) Image search: [Google]
1445989294272.png
594KB, 785x820px
>>384504762
>our board

lol
>>
>>384504772
Daily reminder that AC turns TEN (10) this year and still no Feudal Japan.
>>
>>384504772
>>384505920

>MUH JAPAN

Im actually glad ubishit hasnt caved in yet
>>
>>384505736
Oh, me too, I'm not going to defend that specifically. No one ever wanted the Assassins Creed to shift setting to tiny colonial cities.
>>
>>384505413
Why do you idiots think overrated means "I don't like it?" I see it used so much that way nowadays.
>>
>>384482531
yeah nah.
>>
>>384506109

No one ever wanted them in Victorian London

or the French Revolution

Even pirates
>>
>>384506117
I love Japan, I just happen to think there are several setting just as interesting and not as used.
>>
It looks pretty cool. I'll buy it a year from now when all the bugs are patched, the cut content is released, and it only costs $40

>buying games at launch
foolish
>>
Ancient Egypt has always been my #1 setting for Ass Creed ever since the first one. Fuck yeah.

Feudal Japan is second, but now that I'm getting this I don't really care if they make one or not.

What's your favourite settings for Ass Creed?
>>
>>384506278
That still doesn't make it overrated in any way.
>>
>>384506379

Victorian London actually Syndicate gets alot of hate but I liked it
>>
>>384506276
What are you talking about, around the time of AC2 people were really interested in Victorian London and the French Revolution.

It's just that they came way too late. And pirates were just a really big surprise.
>>
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Why-Assassin-Creed-Never-Went-Japan-68099.html

"People on the internet suggest the most boring settings," Hutchinson said at the time. "The three most wanted are WWII, feudal Japan and Egypt. They're kind of the three worst settings for an AC game."
LMAO ubishit running out of ideas on how to milk the franchise
>>
>>384506276
I have no idea about Victorian London or Revolutionairy France specifially, but plenty of people wanted AC is Paris and London or other French cities simply because they are large cities with a long history and messed up city planning, like the Mediterranean cities that Altaïr and Ezio traveled through. Perfect spots for free running.
>>
>>384506459
Yes it does. There's an entire gaming industry that makes nothing but games based in and inspired by Japan.
>>
>>384506585
Let me make some things clear. That was the opinion of just one guy. And that guy was the creative director of AC3 and FC3. He left Ubisoft.

Just because he doesn't like it doesn't mean that other people in the AC team hold the same opinion.
>>
>>384506746
I meant Far Cry 4
>>
>>384484903
>>>/r/the_donald/
>>
>>384483467
>>384483693
instead of getting paid shills to advertise your shit, try firing the sjwmeme low grades devs, hiring people for the skills instead of pink hair and start to actually finish your shit before releasing, so people actually believe again in your brand.
>>
Who is the guy behind Origins again?
>>
>>384506938
You mean the guy directing the game? It's the same guy that directed Black Flag, Ashraf Ismail.
>>
>>384507031
and the writer is better correct? I remember another AC thread it was revealed that the head writer of brotherhood was behind Syndicate
>>
>>384507138
The writer of Brotherhood and Syndicate was the same guy, yeah. He left Ubisoft.

The guy writing Origins is a newbie, nobody knows why the writer of Black Flag did not return to Origins with the rest of the Black Flag team. He's writing for a different Ubi game.
>>
>>384507283
To be fair, the writing of Black Flag wasn't good so why should anyone want him back?

The good parts of Black Flag was the gameplay, greta pirate game, terrible Assassins Creed game.
>>
>>384507406
>WHERE IS THE OBSERVATORY
>Yo Kenway pirate shit sucks now become an assassin its the new shit everyone is doing
>>
>>384489178
Because Altair was the only guy with a great character development in the series (Ezio and Edward were only good). Also, the combat was way better.
>>
File: efd.jpg (19KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
efd.jpg
19KB, 403x392px
>>384482531
>one of the assassin's statues in ac2 is a 10/10 egyptian brown grill with a snake
>get kangz for mc instead
>>
am i the only one who didn't like black flag? sea battles were boring and repetetive as fuck, i couldn't even be bothered to upgrade my ship. cities were fairly boring and swimming around was taking long as fuck.
>>
>>384506684
That makes it popular, not overrated. The place has interesting history through centuries, its architecture, styles and customs are borderline fantastical to western people, it has been cemented in popular culture. You can't bring up any logical reason as to why people should like other settings more, which doesn't make the setting overrated, it just makes you a whiny contrarian baby.
>>
>>384507740
Bayek isn't kangz, kill yourself.
Also we'll probably see her anyway. Playing as the founder of the Brotherhood is more interesting.
>>
File: 54616496415445541.jpg (123KB, 622x1286px) Image search: [Google]
54616496415445541.jpg
123KB, 622x1286px
>>384507740
>>
__
>>
File: anime girl puking (61).jpg (82KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
anime girl puking (61).jpg
82KB, 680x680px
>>384507958
>>
>>384507740
I mean, it wouldn't really be interesting if we were to play as a character we know ends up killing Cleopatra and in what way she does it.
>>
The game is set in the height of Roman Empire's expansion. So "Ancient Egypt" my ass. You people really need to fucking learn basic fucking history. It's like saying a game set in Wilhelm II's Prussia is set in "Regnum Teutonicum" for fuck sake.

>>384503927
This was hardly the first time that had happened. Nubia actually conquered Egypt (or at least people from Nubian descent has managed to gain considerable control over it, including the throne) back in 13th dynasty (around 1900-1750 BCE).
The whole relationship between the two countries has been very strange and close through out the history. It's very difficult to actually figure out where exactly was the border and if there was any at some times.

Plus - and this is something I suspect the new AssCreed actually wants to directly build-up, the famous Medjay was actually an original Egyptian name FOR Nubia, though eventually it became synonymous for particularly famous professional order of soldiers serving directly the Pharaoh, recruited presumably exclusively from ethnic Nubian regions.

The 7th century invasion... really that was barely even Egypt anymore. Everything was already fucked by then. But Egypt had several dynasties of black Pharaohs long before that.

That said, as the existing depiction clearly show, it was not standard. It just so happened that Egypt and Nubia tended to consistently interact very closely - usually either blending together into a single country, or alternating between one conquering the other and vice versa.
>>
>>384508278
The game developers THEMSELVES say Ancient Egypt, stop sperging out like that. For the majority of people when they see the game's setting they think it's Ancient Egypt, not everyone is a master historian like you.
>>
>>384508407
Then they are idiots too. That does not fucking excuse you. BASIC. FUCKING. HISTORY. Learn it. It's important for good fucking reasons.
>>
>>384508278

its assassins creed you nerd historical fags never cared for the series
>>
>>384507880
t. kangz
>>
>>384508673
This is ELEMENTARY FUCKING SCHOOL education. Stop making fucking excuses.
>>
>>384508609
>>384508774
For you it may be basic history, for the majority of people not. Ask any random person on the street and all they know about is Cleopatra, deserts and pyramids.
>>
>>384507880
>Bayek isn't kangz, kill yourself.
Isn't he a fucking Medjay?
Because I'm pretty sure they did say he is a member of the Medjay order.
>>
File: pharaoh's chicken.jpg (287KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
pharaoh's chicken.jpg
287KB, 1600x1066px
I like ancient egypt as an aesthetic, but what I really want is a game that goes full fantasy egypt/middle east and does the whole mummies, 1001 nights, and other stuff all mashed together. Also, more games should have egyptian vultures
>>
>>384508407
Also "ancient egyp" does really come down to lots of different arguments.

I'd let it slide, since Cleopatra was the last Egyptian monarch known to at least emulate Egyptian culture where her brother was more isolated within the Greek aristocracy.

At the very least it's the latest that you could possibly argue about anything relating to ancient Egypt.
>>
>>384508873
Yeah? How does that make him a nigger? He's egyptian.
Are tanned people niggers now?
>>
>>384501687
But these things don't even make for a fun gameplay mechanic.
>>
File: 54515451545165451451.jpg (361KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
54515451545165451451.jpg
361KB, 1920x1080px
>why are niggers in my AC guiz

Seriously fuck off
>>
>>384493162
>there were, in fact, quite a large number of Sub-Saharan Africans living in Ancient Egypt
Source? Especially since Sesostris III banned Nubians from entering the kingdom, and that law lasted centuries.
>>
>>384509247
you don't need to use that homing arrow, you know
>>
>>384508862
First of all, no. Even the dumbest people are probably going to know that Cleopatra was the bitch that fucked Ceasar and then another guy. And Ceasarn is something they can actually connect to fucking Rome. While simultaneously knowing that Rome was also the culture responsible for crucifying Jesus, which would put them around year 0, give or take a half a millenium. While simultaneously knowing that Pyramides are lot more than a than 1000 B.C.

Second of all: Fuck off with the fucking excuses.

>>384508967
>Yeah? How does that make him a nigger?
Medjay actually a literal term for Nubia. And later on it became synonymous with a specialized, Nubian-mercenaries-only unit kept by Pharaos for some reason.
Seriously: Medjay more or less means "a nigger". Now - ignoring the fact that medjay aren't really mentioned since 18th dynasty (e.g. all mentions of them end more than 500 hundred years before the game even takes place) - they were specifically and explicitly known for the fact that they were black.
>>
>this is what /v/ considers a nigger
>>
>>384509409
I know, and I won't. Doesn't change the fact it's there.
>>
>>384508896
There was that basilisk in the e3 trailer so fantasy stuff is already confirmed
>>
File: ACO_Medjay_badge.jpg (115KB, 816x498px) Image search: [Google]
ACO_Medjay_badge.jpg
115KB, 816x498px
>>384509750
He's african and has shit colored skin. That's enough for most people, they don't care about technicalities.

To be fair it works both ways, no one would call this guy a nigger if he looked more like Oded Fehr, an Israeli actor who played a Medjay in The Mummy. Or maybe you've seen that image of Rami Malek triggering SJWs by not being brown enough to play an Egyptian role, despite actually being Egyptian IRL.
>>
>>384482531

I'm optimistic about it, they've seemed to get their shit together, mainly because this could be the very last Assassin's Creed title.
>>
I hope ubisoft didnt listen to non fans of series to much for this game. Im still iffy with the RPG system and the combat but I have yet to play it so ill wait. All those idiot jewtubbers who make videos saying "DUDE ASSASSINS CREED SUCKS EVEN 1 WAS BAD FOR MY OWN REASONS" are the cancer ubisoft should not listen too.
>>
>>384482531
I sure am, Black Flag was the last AC I was really invested and I love Antiquity. October 27th is going to be great with both AC and Mario Odyssey
>>
>>384510869
You are kidding right. There are atleast 2 more games in the pipeline.
>>
>>384482531
I was excited but the e3 gameplay was so bland and boring that it made me forget why.
>>
>be casual as fuck
>Shadow of War and Ass Creed Origins come out in the same month
fuck yeah bros
>>
>>384510649
Was Oded Fehr the rebel sultan dude who shows up randomly to save the day? Pretty good looking face, wore a turban for a good portion? I feel bad for Malek since he's got fucking TERRIFYING facial features but good on him for trying to point out that Egyptians, much like people anywhere, don't necessarily look like Alberto Barbossa.
>>
>>384507740

Bayek isn't an assassin right away and the Assassin order is in formation. Though Amunet who wields the snake will kill Cleopatra if they're taking liberties with historical accuracy, Cleopatra supposedly committed suicide by an venomous snake.

Amunet will definitely show up and will most likely introduce Bayek to the brotherhood.
>>
>>384511548
Bayek IS the founder of the Brotherhood, it's most likely the other way around.
>>
>>384511657

So he gets a snake lady waifu
>>
>>384511767
Pretty much, sex must've been weird.
>>
What I find interesting was apparently Alexander The Great was a Templar apparently
>>
>>384511849
What's so apparently interesting about that?
>>
>>384511849
Not a Templar per se, he was a Templar puppet.
>>
AYO HOL UP
>>
>>384509538
Not the anon you were talking to, but
>the dumbest people are probably going to know that Cleopatra...
You really are giving people too much credit anon, the average american doesn't have any knowledge of pre-american history.
>>
>>384511961

People complain about how famous historical people are thrown into Assassins Creed but I just love this idea of a bunch of popular historical figures all being connected though these 2 shadowy organizations though time. Like how Caesar was a templar and all 60 of the senators were fucking assassins who plotted to kill him.
>>
File: teno aztec captial 2.jpg (1MB, 1692x1312px) Image search: [Google]
teno aztec captial 2.jpg
1MB, 1692x1312px
I am, but IMO the more interesting thing to me is that this opens up Mesoamerica as a potential location for a future game, since both Egypt and mesoamerican didn't have too many high rise buildings and have a similar architectural style in general.

fucking Aztec asscreed when

>>384488697
>>384485656
This.

The gameplay is serviceable at best, but the Asscreed games generally do a great job of faithfully recreating the locations and time periods they show aside from a few fictionalized elements for the main assassin vs templar plotline.

The series has a good niche as just a triple A generic template to apply cool settings too.

>>384504772
Plenty of other games have this setting, though.
>>
>>384509538
I'm pretty sure that most people tend to conflate the ptolemaic dynasty with bronze age egypt and I am sure that ubisoft will take full advantage of that fact to stylize the main character and any non-establishment friends as egyptians while also sprinkling little tidbits of historical fact through out their game.
>>
>>384512780
>>
>>384512217
>Caesar was a templar and all 60 of the senators were fucking assassins who plotted to kill him.

Now that's just silly.

Anyway, what's up with the greek-armor-wearin' enemies we briefly saw in the gameplay?
>>
>>384512174
>You really are giving people too much credit anon
Unlike you, I actually do walk and talk to people around me. And no, I'm really not. Maybe Americans are really as fucking absolutely retarded as the stereotypes say, but even that is not an excuse. And I live in a country that at least tab-wise does not have a particularly great education. Yet here, I fucking GUARANTEE to you that people know the difference between antiquity and ancient history, know who Cleopatra is and know damn fucking well that she is about as far from the culture that build Pyramids as Hitler is from Holy Roman Empire.

Fuck me, it's actually more understandable if people confuse Greece and Rome, or China and Japan, than to confuse GREEK FUCKING DYNASTY of Egypt with Ancient Dynasties of Egypt.
It's literally a different ERA.

>>384512812
No, and fucking no. Really, get off your ass and talk to people sometimes.
>>
>>384512217
Most people in the lore are puppets anon, Caeser was just a Templar puppet too like Hitler.

>>384512962
Watcha mean? Game takes place in 49 BCE,
>>
File: 1499998335403.jpg (147KB, 1080x669px) Image search: [Google]
1499998335403.jpg
147KB, 1080x669px
>>384512838
>>
>>384511657
>Bayek IS the founder of the Brotherhood

I think they fucked up with the era of the setting,18th Dynasty would have had more potential. So I'll pull a plot out my ass.

>Akhenaten being the last of the Isu changes Egyptian religion and 'worships the sun' to warn about the coming apocalypse while Egyptians go mental and some people try to kill him Bayek could still be a Medjay.

>Akhenaten could be paranoid about a shady nameless group that's been around of countless years before tries to kill him

>Akehanten tells Bayek about the piece of Eden, they're actually friends though Bayek doesn't like his vision of Egypt

>Nefertiti could be a part of this shady group while Tutankhamen would be clueless of it

>The Brotherhood is formed by Bayek and his friends, uncovering mysteries of the piece of Eden and this secret society

>Turns out during the Thutmosid Dynasty Thutmose brought back the piece of Eden when he was crushing the Kush thinking it was treasure

>Meanwhile they find out about Templars and what they want and a big fight happens and Bayek wins and the brotherhood is formed

>Tutankhamen tries shit because his mother brainwashed him and Bayek assassinates him and is regretful he had to do it

The End.
>>
>>384512962
>Anyway, what's up with the greek-armor-wearin' enemies we briefly saw in the gameplay?
The Ptolemaic dynasty that rules Egypt at the time the game takes place was a fucking greek family. Egypt was Greek colony at time. One of the last strong bastions of politically independent Greek culture after Rome conquered most of Greek cities century before this game takes place. Of course they have Greek armor.
>>
>>384513307
sounds better than most AC stories anway
>>
Any historyfags in here? So they apparently plan to make an ancient trilogy, starting with Egypt, then Greece and finally Rome.

So Origins takes place in 49 BCE, the time period of Cleopatra and Caesar basically. Would a game set in Greece during this particular time period work out? I heard someone say nothing interesting was going on in Greece during this time.
>>
>>384513012
>confusing Greece with Rome
>but not confusing the ptolemaic dynasty that adopted egyptian gods, tried to practice mummification, and generally went native the moment they conquered Egypt with Bronze Age Egyptians

Are you a greek or a turk?
>>
>>384513683

But we've had Italy twice now. I want an Australian assassin with a boomerang weapon and an Ostrich he can ride about on.
>>
File: 1499998397381.png (622KB, 1026x573px) Image search: [Google]
1499998397381.png
622KB, 1026x573px
>>384513275
>>384512838
>>384512780
>>
>>384513849
Ancient Rome would be vastly different to Renaissance Rome.
>>
>>384513849
>implying it has to be Italy

Over the Alps perhaps
>>
>>384513419
Huh, sounds like they were actually more concerned about making timelines line up for the formation of the Assassins and AC1 than just making an AC game in Egypt. I can roll with that.
>>
>>384513982

But it's still Rome. Greece would be great though.
>>
>>384513683
>Would a game set in Greece during this particular time period work out?
Greece really had fuck all going on at the time, major historical events-wise. They were conquered and subjugated by Roman rule, but they retained most of their cultural heritage and just kinda... existed. There were some uprisings now and then, but none major, and that whole period of Greek history is known as Pax Romana, literally the longest period of peace and fuck-all-happening in their history.

>>384513757
Neither. I just actually finished high school.
Do you confuse Japanese with Americans because they started wearing fucking western clothes around 1890?
Or Soviets with Byzantine Empire because they actually tried to emulate Byzantine aesthetics in their architecture in the 40's?
The FUCK is wrong with you people? No: this is not normal thing to confuse. Jesus. OK, you are terribly educated. But I promise to you: you are exception. Most people, at least most people not in US, know this fucking difference very, very fucking well.
>>
>>384514310
I guess it's easier to say from a marketing POV that it's set in Ancient Egypt instead of Classical Antiquity
>>
>>384514310
Go straight to college, any delay will fuck you over, also most people forget what they learned in high school.
>>
File: 1373053887862.jpg (17KB, 397x262px) Image search: [Google]
1373053887862.jpg
17KB, 397x262px
I still have fatigue after the 1 year hiatus.
>>
>>384515017
I kinda feel the same? It seems like that 1 year hiatus did fuck all.
>>
>>384514690
Look, I understand completely why they set it in late antiquity. It's a shitty and cowardly decision, but also entirely fucking understandable: it's easier to sell, it presents you with settings and cultural tropes that are completely familiar to audiences and allows them to draw on so many well recognisable icons, famous characters, and it also sets up potential sequels further set in popular, familiar settings.

It's cowardly as FUCK, because it allows them to end up with the same seen-it-thousand-times-already setup they can paint an incredibly thin veneer of exoticism. But from a business strategy standpoint, it makes perfect sense.

I'm just pissed that people completely fail to fucking recognize the difference between what is IRON FUCKING AGE and BRONZE FUCKING AGE settings.

It has been said a thousand times already, but there is a bigger time and culture gap between Ptolemaic dynasty and the folks who build the Pyramids, then there is between US AND THE PTOLEMAIC DYNASTY.

>>384514864
Dude, people may forget the exact date of when Napoleon was imprisoned at Alba, but they don't fucking forget that there is a difference between iron age and bronze age, or that Cleopatra was a greek woman toying with Ceasar, which was not the same rough time frame as the story of MOTHERFUCKING EXODUS.

Also, I've been out of highschool ten years now. But thanks for the useful warning.
>>
File: 1499998305410.jpg (716KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
1499998305410.jpg
716KB, 1280x768px
>>384513892
>>384513275
>>384512838
>>384512780
>>
yeah this looks pretty good

on another note; i got black flag off the ps4 summer sale for ten bucks, good deal?
>>
>>384486989
unironically kill yourself
>>
>>384515231
It's because Ubi said they would use the 1 year to get some new ideas

But Origins doesn't seem to have anything exciting or game changing

I don't know, I'm going to wait for more gameplay trailers etc but the reveal was a huge letdown to me
>>
File: n0JGKan.jpg (85KB, 1818x809px) Image search: [Google]
n0JGKan.jpg
85KB, 1818x809px
As the usual in recent assassin's creed games, the most interesting stuff will be the stuff unrelated to the main story like tombs and adventuring
>>
>>384516289
Yeah sure, have fun with it anon.
>>384516329
I was really fucking hyped for it pre-reveal but something about how they handled the actual reveal was just wrong.

This is supposed to be the revival of the series, since Unity effectively fucking killed it. Yet they casually announce it at Microsoft's press conference like it's nothing, show 4 mins of run-of-the-mill Ass Creed gameplay and fuck off.

Everything I heard about it actually sounds good on paper, like interviews and all. But what they've shown is just really lackluster and underwhelming. There are 30 min gameplay demos too but there's not much to see there either.

It just looks rough and unfinished in general. There's no polish, the animations aren't great either.
>>
>>384482531
If it wasn't an asscreed game I would be.
>>
File: 1247010923488.jpg (29KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1247010923488.jpg
29KB, 400x300px
>>384516289
>i got black flag off the ps4 summer sale for ten bucks, good deal?
That's the best one. Get it.
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.