[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've been doing a little looking into the first 2 Fallouts,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: file.png (619KB, 803x414px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
619KB, 803x414px
So I've been doing a little looking into the first 2 Fallouts, and without even having played them I can already see the difference between the major themes and styles of fps fallout versus classic ones. A lot of these visuals are some of the creepiest stuff I've ever seen, and the voice acting is so much better than FO3/NV.
My question is this though, and this is a big factor, how's the gameplay?
>>
You probably wouldn't enjoy it if one of the other Fallouts was your first.
>>
>>384476143
>how's the gameplay?
Well, it's a turn based isometric game so take that as you will.
All in all, completely different games in terms of gameplay.
>>
>>384476143
Combat is mostly garbage for the first few hours or so, if you're only now getting into old rpgs you're probably better off puting it on easy and max speed in options. The rest is good, although I'd argue shit like skills were better handled in FNV.
Just go play them, you'll have good time exploring and questing.
>>
>>384477003
This wasn't true for me as I went 3>NV>2>1 and I preferred the later ones over the 3d ones.
>>
Yeah I loved Fallout 1 and 2 but I hated 3. New Vegas was pretty good
>>
File: file.png (789KB, 868x601px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
789KB, 868x601px
I think it has the better dialogue
>>
Just keep in mind that even 1 and 2 are vastly different games when it comes to the setting and general atmosphere. 1 is a very oppressive game and is dark as hell even from the start you will feel completely lost and hopeless. And it carries throughout the whole game.Especially so when the REAL bad guys are revealed.
>>
File: angry.jpg (13KB, 487x410px) Image search: [Google]
angry.jpg
13KB, 487x410px
>try to play FO1
>shady sands fucking sucks literally everyone only talks about some dumbass go kill scorpions quest
>doctor says he wants a sample of scorpion venom to make a cure
>NPCs literally say the venom comes from it's tail
>go in the cave, kill a scorpion, almost die, put tail in inventory
>give tail to doctor in exchange for him healing me up
>doctor suddenly completely forgets that i gave him the scorpion tail, still tells me to fuck off and bring him venom
>nobody in the town acknowledges what i did
>well fuck that i'm gonna go get the water purifier at the vault
>can't kill a fucking molerat because somehow my character misses 3/4 of the knife swings, how's that even fucking possible this thing is literally as big as a pig
>die to a fucking molerat
fuck this, i don't remember the last time i had such a bad experience starting a new game. I'm guessing what you're supposed to do is spend hours upon hours grinding the rats at the vault entrance, leave and make them respawn, over and over, but it's definitely not worth it, fuck this game
>>
>>384480079
How high was your perception?
>>
>everyone shits on f3/nv writing

>f1 mutant master needs pure humans to create more intelligent super mutants
>in the bad ending he finds a vault of pure humans and has all of them killed

>f2 enclave needs pure humans to rebuild america
>in the intro they kill an entire vault of pure humans

None of the fallout games have very good writing. Fallout 4 still is one of the most poorly written video games ever created though. fuck bethesda
>>
File: stats.png (12KB, 151x226px) Image search: [Google]
stats.png
12KB, 151x226px
>>384480383
>>
Tell me about the Brotherhood of Steel, /v/.
>>
>>384480646
How high is your melee weapons skill?
>>
File: skills.png (7KB, 243x223px) Image search: [Google]
skills.png
7KB, 243x223px
>>384481447
pretty low, but since i have very limited ammo, don't know where to buy any and don't have any money, i thought it'd be better to be very conservative with it and use more melee
>>
>>384480079
you have to blow up the entrance to the scorpion cave, the bomb is in V15 IIRC
>>
>>384481823
hey thanks!
>>
File: 1481331113935.png (411KB, 600x528px) Image search: [Google]
1481331113935.png
411KB, 600x528px
>>384480079
>Being this bad at videogames
Boy, now i know why they are dumbing down every AAA title, so twats like you can get past the first level
>>
>>384481924
I hope you know how to use the bomb tho
>>
>>384476143
it's a classic turn based tabletop rpg game, if you played x-com it's the same
>>
>>384481764
>skill under 100%
common beginer mistake
anything under 80% is utter trash
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.