[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should we trust game reviews?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1499872424392.jpg (999KB, 1200x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1499872424392.jpg
999KB, 1200x1650px
Should we trust game reviews?
>>
>>384470375
They're both great games though

Not everyone has /v/'s shitty/contrarian taste
>>
>>384470375

Game reviews cannot be trusted for AAA releases. It takes a real turd of a AAA game to get eviscerated. Don't forget that they won't even finish games before reviewing them. I refuse to believe that these journalists who gave The Phantom Pain a 9/10 or 10/10 played beyond Chapter 1.

Watch some gameplay footage, do some research, and trust your own opinion.
>>
>>384470547
Fpbp
no you shouldn't trust game reviews but the fact you used 2 very good games as examples ruins your case
>>
File: photo.jpg (68KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
68KB, 900x900px
>>384470375

Only trust WAB
>>
>>384470375

Find one, maybe two reviewers you trust and who have a similar taste in games, and stick with them. Don't bother with review sites that assign random writers to a game.
>>
>>384470375
Nah, the last of us sucked ass. Just look what they said about Andromeda
>>
>>384470547
you're not allowed to be logical faggot fuck off
>>
File: IMG_2114.jpg (45KB, 558x845px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2114.jpg
45KB, 558x845px
WTF THIS ISNT HORIZONN????
>>
>>384471010
He's a grade A idiot.
ACG has the biggest consistency with my taste so far
>>
>>384470375
but TLOU is a 10/10 game. autismos on this board are just buttblasted because they cant go on Piratebay and download it for PC.

let me remind you that this is the same board that (for the most part) think Dark Souls and Half-Life 2 are good games, lmao.
>>
>>384470375
Not at all. At least not from "official" reviewers.
It's a business and the idiots doing the articles probably don't play videogames or are painfully casual.
Reviews are opinion pieces. You kinda have to decide who's opinion actually matters.
If reviewing is their job they probably don't know shit.
>>
>>384470375
Realistically, no game should be 10/10. It would have to release pristine, bug free, with all the content it promised and a gameplay/story balance that makes sense. No game in existence has ever accomplished that.
>>
>>384472449
10/10 doesn't mean perfect
>>
>>384472449
so what if i rate a game 9.9512234/10 ?
>>
>>384470375
Never.
The only thing they are good for is to tell you if a game is particularly buggy, in which case thats actual facts. Most of a score is opinion based, someone elses opinion should not matter in any way at all.

Even worse all it does is help create friction between console fans and is used for shit posting. /v/ would be a whole lot better without:

>this random guys opinion places this game 3 points higher than this other game "insert console fanbase here" BTFO.

Its actual cancer.
>>
No.
>>
>>384470375
don't trust anyone
especially not yourself
>>
File: reviewers2.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
reviewers2.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
If you want to care about the opinions of video games by people who play them this poorly, that's only to your detriment.
>>
with a grain of salt every time
at the end of the day there are still opinionated people behind these reviews, no matter how objective they try to be
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.