[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just started this game, any suggestions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: PlanescapeTorment_01_1280x1024.jpg (979KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
PlanescapeTorment_01_1280x1024.jpg
979KB, 1280x1024px
just started this game, any suggestions?
>>
play something else
>>
Update your journal.
>>
Talk to your companions oftenly. Especially Dak'kon and Morte. Get ready for feels.
>>
Hack your stats to max, don't fight anything that isn't mandatory, read everything.

Shit game, god tier story.
>>
Put all your points into WIS and INT, then CHA
Do the quest to become a mage asap (Old Mebbeth in Ragpicker's Square)
Keep the Bronze Sphere in your inventory

Now shut the fuck up and play nigger
>>
>>384452924
like what?
>>
>>384452861
DON'T TRUST THE SKULL
>>
>>384452861
Max wisdom
>>
I remember completely missing Nordom my first time through, and he's the best companion.
>>
File: 1497906833167.jpg (38KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1497906833167.jpg
38KB, 657x527px
>>384452861
Which is better, updating your journal or gathering your party before venturing forth?
>>
>>384452861
Call yourself Adahn every chance you get
>>
>>384452861
>game
>>
Continue playing
>>
>>384452861
Don't say things you don't want to say but exhaust all other dialogue options, even if it seems it's not interesting or if it's similar to something you already said.

>>384453514
Knowing the teachings of Zerthimon
>>
>>384453875
You mean *knowing*.
>>
>>384453875
> A divided mind is one that does not *know* itself. When it is divided, it cleaves the body in two. When one has a single purpose, the body is strengthened. In *knowing* the self, grow strong.
>>
>>384452861
Play Neverwinter night, baldurs gate, Witcher 1 or Jagged Alliance 2. This game is overhyped in my opinion
>>
>>384452861
Endure. In enduring grow strong.
>>
Get to Dead Nations. Drop the game because fuck that boring place.
>>
>>384452861
Just go with the flow, this game is like a fucking book man, absolutely amazing.

Play a mage, Wisdom>Int>Charisma, that way you get to squeeze the most out of dialogues and the story. GOAT story in this game.
>>
>>384452861
Put all your shit into wisdom, charisma and inteligence.
Level up to level 6 as a fighter since they get more hit points per level, but at level 7 specialization is chosen.
When you do the old Mebbeth qest, do everything except the last part (ink part) and wait till you are level 6, then change to mage.
Also talk to everyone who seems somehow special, you might get a permanent boost to certain stats and read everything, this game has some interesting writing.
Keep all the shit that might be important (for you or for someone in your inventory, but everything might be important, but you'll see why....)
And finally
Endure and in enduring grow strong.
>>
File: top_kek.jpg (64KB, 445x454px) Image search: [Google]
top_kek.jpg
64KB, 445x454px
>>384454018
>he didn't take king's skull

>>384452861
go for zip-zap it's better for melee and don't forget to rest after you cast spells
>>
>>384452861
don't play as a thief. It's painfully boring. Go Warrior or Mage.
>>
>>384452861
Play as a wizard, so get magic stats, also get shit tons of charisma. learn magic as soon as possible. Talk your way out of everything you can, if the game offers you an unusual choice, or you think of completing a quest in an unconvential way, take it because it's usually rewarding to think outside the box. Talk to your followers a lot and get to know them.

Don't expect the game to hold your hand or tell you where to go to continue the main story, you've got to work it out by talking to people and figuring out things for yourself. You'll feel like a fucking legend when you put everything together yourself without being told what to do, and in that probably lies the most fun part of the game.
>>
>>384453207
Planescape is a boring knockoff of Jack Vance just like every other RPG. Tales of the Dying Earth has better writing and gameplay.
>>
>>384453515
this
>>
Complete is or say that you've completed it so you can act like you're a intellectual. I like how most of /v/ hates on cinematic games but love this games that's basically just a badly written novel.
>>
>>384458785
>shits on widely praised game to seem like an intellectual
>>
>Planet Escape: Tournament Thread
>pretentious /lit/posters shit up the thread
evrytime
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.