[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Better Than Dishonored 1? Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGN3aB0F4dM
>>
Overall, yes.
>>
>>384452308
In every way save the story. And there was no sense of agency in 2 I felt.
>>
not sure if this vid is a demonstration of a good player's skills, or that the game is press X to awesome
>>
>>384452691
The former.

>>384452621
This. I love both games but 2 has better levels, graphics and gameplay. That makes up for the worse story.
>>
>>384452691
press x to awesome isnt a negative thing
youre a cuck who thinks shuffling dragon age origin characters around and waiting on dice rolls is amazing fun experience
>>
I'm still kinda bothered by fact that there was no sense of closure, in the ending, for the character you chose, especially since the little details made their story different while the levels were the same. The first game did a pretty good job in this sense, finishing your story, although I was glad to play Corvo again, mostly for Stephen Russell.
Still, there's a lot of decisions you can take to change things with the game accounting them, and that's cool enough.
>>
>>384452308
no, level mechanics were good, level design was not. Splitting the powers between Emily and Corvo restricted player options.

Story was weaker as it tried to make sense for both characters. They should have just ditched Corvo and focused on Emily as it's her story anyway.
>>
The levels were fucking awesome, the new powers were cool, casting was perfect, story and dialogue smelled bad

Also ran like shit
>>
File: 1492839342415.gif (994KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1492839342415.gif
994KB, 500x281px
>>384452308
I wish I could run my copy while it looking this good.

My PS4 copy will have to make do tho
>>
>>384453408
>neo /v/: the post
>>
>>384454128
>>384453408
Both of you are nu-/v/ though, don't delude yourself into thinking the opposite
>>
Dishonored best level
>The High Overseer

Dishonored 2 best level
>The Grand Palace
>>
File: PC.png (45KB, 664x529px) Image search: [Google]
PC.png
45KB, 664x529px
>>384452308
could run the first game at the best settings just fine but 2 sometimes lag. i dont have the greatest build on my pc but i can run witcher 3 just fine in ultra settings.
>>
>>384452308
I'd say so, but the story is absolutely lousy in comparison to the first one (which already had a weak story) and it's still way too easy

>>384453884
You can play with the entire set of powers in NG+ regardless of character
>>
>>384454341
>i7 2600k
>>
>>384454196
I fucked your are mom, faget
>>
it was okay. emily's powers made what little stealth there was even more trivial than blink. the story is so recycled its insulting. the best two levels are literally backdoor demos for another game. it felt like a game that was just going through the motions rather than a sequel that really tried.

>ANTON SOKOLOV BUILT THIS LOCK
>>
>>384452308
Best level design I have seen in quite a while with both The Clockwork Mansion and A Crack In The Slab.
It's everything you loved in the first game made better save for the story (not a big deal) and, in my case, the decision to give a voice to the characters.
But I'm still madly in love with the universe, the graphics and the freedom of choice the game allows - though I still feel that the game only makes sense if you try to play it as sneaky as possible.
>>
Was there even any downside to high chaos in the second game?
>>
>>384454489
i build this computer like 6 years ago i think. only knew part i have bought is a graphic card.
>>
Playing it now and 100% it's better
>>
>>384454745
>ANTON SOKOLOV BUILT THIS LOCK

I see you've also played the intro level way too many times
>>
>>384452308
>fully upgraded character
implying game looks anything like this
you will have 2 powers for 75% of it
>>
>>384452691
It's absolutely skills. If you are shit, you can't pull that shit off. You need to know mechanics, layout of the map, and usage of the powers well.
>>
>>384457352
>What is new game+
>>
>>384457651
>you have to play it twice for it t get good
wooow
so this is power of autism?
>>
>>384457778
I beat the game four times in two weeks
autism or not, it was the most fun I've had with a video game in years
>>
>>384457856
man, i cant get to beat it once in a month
i keep getting bored
also the awful writing pisses me off
>>
>>384457987
This is a game for people who are inventive and have some imagination. You are given the tools to make the game fun. Just look at vid in OP. If you play it like a fucking call of duty campaign of course you are going to be bored. Try things, it's fun.
>>
>>384452691
it's skill with autism
>>
>>384458092
oh fuck off retard
you will have to play through most of the game and explore all before you have enough points to put into more than one or two spells
also op just butchers everything, sneaking around is much less creative
>>
>>384458341
>you will have to play through most of the game and explore all before you have enough points to put into more than one or two spells
Complete bullshit. Every level is packed with runes and you can tell where they are by holding the heart.
>>
>>384458839
So you cant play exactly how you want can you?
Also again, there are few per level, and upgrades are expensive as shit and you cant afford everything.
>>
>>384452308
Rehashiest rehash

Far fewer characters and they're all boring
Emily and Corvo are both extremely dull as protagonists
Plot is recycled from the first game and stripped of everything that made it interesting
Environmental design is less varied and less interesting
There are a couple of really good levels and a lot that aren't all that memorable
Some of the new powers are cool but it's hard to justify using many when you can just blink around and stab/shoot everyone
>>
Man, I really can't wait until I have time so sit down and actually play this game from beginning to end.
>>
>>384459256
>Plot is recycled from the first game and stripped of everything that made it interesting
What pisses me off is that they do nothing with the Outsider, again.
You have a literal GOD as one of the characters and do nothing with it, its so fucking stupid.
Also whats even dumber is that overseers still exists when the empress of the almost whole known world knows Outsider is real, yet still has a huge part of her government and her resources spent on tracking down and killing Outsider believers?
I fucking hate when when what should be the core of the story become nothing more than a occasional exposition dump.
>>
>>384460287
Billy's going to put a cap in his ass in the DLC
>>
>>384460365
Dont get me started on that.
Next DLC will have us throw rocks at the sun?

I just cant even start to comprehend what kind of a shitty hack writer you have to be to reach for such a cheap and nonsensical idea for a dlc. You will have to carry the entire story on plot armor and ass pulls for a normal human to challenge a omnipresent omniscient being with no form. Like what stopping Outsider from taking away your powers? Or just blinking and having you explode in a cloud of blood?
Fuck me man, im sure as hell not playing that dlc.
>>
>>384460742
I'm really hoping its a bait and switch but given the sheer laziness of the main game I'm not getting my hopes up
>>
File: sergey-kolesov-corvo-outfit.jpg (433KB, 1920x1364px) Image search: [Google]
sergey-kolesov-corvo-outfit.jpg
433KB, 1920x1364px
Is Corvo /fa/?
>>
>>384460365
Oh, also one more thing thats really off about the dlc and how it ruins the previous games is how Daud would blame Outsider for his own crimes.

I though that during Dishonored 1 dlc Daud finally found his humanity and accepted his sins, not that he just shifts blame on other people.
Outsider isnt evil, he does not ask people to commit crimes in his name, he helps those who deems worthy in aspects only he knows, he never judges, hurts or punishes anybody.

But nope, fuck that, its his fault Daud killed the empress for few coins.
Way to ruin any character development he got.
>>
That video is *pfft nothing personal kid*:the video
>>
>>384452308
Is that grabbing power Emily specific? Seems much better than the blink from the first game
>>
Reminder that Billie is a traitorous bitch.
>>
>>384462791
First playthrough, yes. In NG+ you can unlock any power with both characters.
>>
>>384460365
>Local disabled bisexual black woman murders cool guy because Daud still refuses to take responsibility for his actions
>>
>>384462791
That reminds me, what is Corvo's unique outsider gifts anyway? I only played the first game but I distinctly recall that Daud's whole shtick was that he could share lesser versions of his abilities and time-stopped blink but I can't recall what Corvo had that was unique
>>
>>384463435
Delilah can do that too. As can Granny.
>>
>>384461754
To be fair, Daud only half accepted his sins, he rescued Emily from Delilah but then worked for the Loyalists after they kidnapped Emily and tried to sell Corvo to the loyalists. While capturing Corvo, he kept saying "I feel really bad, but I'm going to send you to be killed anyway. I'm so sick of killing, but what the hell, time to die, Corvo"

And when you fight off the assassin army he sent at you, he basically says "It's just a prank bro, I actually want to stop being an assassin"
>>
>>384452308
na, story was shit and the side characters were extremely forgettable.
levels in the first one were also better
>>
>>384463685
In Daud's defense he pretty much left Corvo in the easiest jail cell to escape from given he knew of his abilities, didn't bother destroying any of his tools and honestly seemed pretty resigned to facing Corvo after his escape plus the whole Corvo deciding whether he lives or dies after their duel
>>
A problem I got with the series is how everyone is kinda ugly compared to the in game art. Arkane's models are like that, and Corvo looking hoboish isn't a tragedy, but then you go in the bone charm menu and he's sharper than ever.

>>384463435
Eh, if compared to Daud his unique powers are possession and the swarm thing, which hardly define him as unique. He gets that trait back if compared to Emily, I guess.
Not being the only time stopping guy detracts from the character but the duel with Daud is worth the loss. Mirror matches are always neat.
>>
>>384463685

He was tired of it, but he wanted to save his brothers and sisters, the assassins, not just abandon them. He imprisoned Corvo to save face and only after he realized that he couldn't save his assassins and that Corvo was stronger than him did he give up completely.
>>
>>384461456
Holy fuck yes. I'm in love with character designs in this game
>>
File: Hunter_X_Hunter_-_35.mkv.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hunter_X_Hunter_-_35.mkv.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
The level design is really, really cool in this game. I just love the many paths you can take, and explore everything even if I've already found another way to proceed.
Clockwork mansion was just great. Felt really labyrinthine, and a nice change from usual corridors we see in games.
>>
>>384452308
I liked the general feel of the first part better. The whole sorta-but-not-really Victorian London. Designs, voice acting, story...everything fit together perfectly. Plus great Dlc's.
2nd had some fun powers, but it felt like they didn't know what they wanted to do.
Also, rats>bloodflies
>>
>>384461456
>mfw really wished Emily had her own mask
>>
>>384464042
>levels in the first one were also better
False
>>
>>384459019
I feel like you are just shit at the game. I've had plenty of points. It's not like you get all ability points in rpg, do you?
>>
>>384452308
Having gotten half way through 2, I'm just happy with the fact they let you take pretty much any approach you want.

Also Timestop is so fuggin good, all but cheating really
>>
Worse story, and characters, and better gameplay and level design. I hope that the next game has nothing to do with either Corvo, or Emily, and it's just same setting, different characters.

I hate that it has unskippable conversations like the one in the void with Delilah talking after mission 3, I think, and the ones with the Outsider in the time changing mission.
Adds like 3 minutes to gameplay, it wouldn't be a problem if the game took like 5 hours to complete, but about two is all that's needed after you know how to play. So it's just a waste of time.
>>
>>384469193
>I hope that the next game has nothing to do with either Corvo, or Emily
Enjoy your Billy game. :^)
>>
>>384460287
>>384460365
>>384460742
The outsider's like a Demi God at best, he seems like the master of Purgatory, which makes him jack shit compared to the big boys
>>
>>384452691

As someone who enjoys the occasional high chaos rampage, StealthGamerBr is genuinely skilled to extreme levles at this game.
>>
>>384456671

A ton of quotes in the games are memorable due to the fact you can replay levels alot , thus making them repetitive.

>"WILL YOU HAVE WINE? IT'S A TYVIAN RED"
>>
>>384469717
I like Billie but they never should have brought her back.
>>
>>384469825
>The outsider's like a Demi God at best, he seems like the master of Purgatory, which makes him jack shit compared to the big boys
What big boys?
Outsider is the manifestation of the void, like a hole at the bottom of the sea, he might be small, but the power behind him is endless to the point that even within the game itself it is said that void keeps the world together, and without it there is no world.
For all purposes he is God, the only God of the dishonored universe.
>>
Why a game with possibly the best level design of the decade (if not the history of gaming itself) failed so hard?
>>
Also, I see a mine collapsing on a dozen workers.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.