[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gaming youtube channels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Capture3.png (231KB, 316x404px) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.png
231KB, 316x404px
Are gaming channels still a big thing? If so, how do I start one and grow one?
>>
Just genuinely curious here, why did you think an Anonymous message board was the best resource for this question?
>>
Nobody wants another "let's play" faggot. Start a walkthrough channel or something like that. Make sure it's a game you know well and isn't covered often on YouTube.

Within due time, people will be interested and check out your channel.
>>
>>384451061
Spam your shit everywhere humanly possible and become an insufferable faggot. Have high productionvalues but just make dick jokes or high screeching noises while doing let's plays.

You could also put loads of time into well thought out analyses and reviews but this costs a lot of time and actual effort with very little views if even just a few. When you're just starting out i would make sure to keep your videos 12-15 mins max to not scare away people unwilling to take a chance to see something not all that good and eventually stopping.
When someone already expects good quality and aren't retarded an hour long video is ok, but i'm less likely to watch something of that length from someone i never heard of.

If a game is very obscure and nobody uploaded one before, doing an uncommentated playthrough where you don't suck is ok.
People use this to see if they like a game, as a walkthroughs or general reference a lot and are genuinly helpful for anyone.
>>
>>384451153

The answers given are basically the response I was hoping for.

>>384451207
>>384451447

What are some games that you would like to see a quality walkthrough on, if I may ask?
>>
File: THE MOVIE.jpg (191KB, 821x613px) Image search: [Google]
THE MOVIE.jpg
191KB, 821x613px
I have yet to find a gaming youtube channel that has entertained me more than this bastard. Ross is the level of youtube entertainment that I base all others against.
>>
Don't listen to /v/ in this regard. If you want to have a successful channel just act super retarded make your cuts last about 5 seconds, only play the most popular newest vidya, dye your hair a stupid colour. There ya go.
>>
>>384451632
I sometimes have trouble finding good footage of mods for older games. Since installing them can be a pain for a computer retard this often means i won't bother the hassle if i'm not sure it's gonna be totally ass.
Most relatively recent, mainstream and unanimously praised older games have been covered to some extent up until now.
Either do very recent games that just came out or more obscure titles. Obscure titles have the problem of either being trite, or nobody even knowing of their existence. But there will always be some niche interested in them.
>>
>>384451632
The best answer I could give is just a game that you know very well and walkthroughs/guides of it on YouTube aren't common.

Just make sure it's not a shitty game.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.