[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one did you liked the most, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5

Which one did you liked the most, /v/?
>>
>>384450757
Didn't really like any of them.
>>
>>384450757
3>2>1

I played 2 first, then 1, then 3. So my opinion might be biased, because I thought 2 was a great find at the time of release.
>>
>>384450757
1 because act 4 is so charming
>>
>>384450914
Exactly this, word for word.
>>
tfw no episode 1 prequel by Telltale
why even live
>>
3, as it is the only one I played. One of my all time favorite games and it got me into reading the books and looking forward to the Netflix series too. I'd love them to remaster or remake 1 and 2, but I guess they never will.
>>
>>384450757

>only completed the first and started the second yesterday

I'm a little behind.

Mother fucking Alvin.
>>
>>384450757
>Which one did you liked the most, /v/?

I did liked the first one the best.
>>
1 > 3 > POWERGAP > 2
While a decent game in it's own right, 2 is fucking dogshit when compared to the others.
>>
1 desu
>>
3dlc > 1 > 3main story > 2
>>
I enjoyed all three of them, each for rather drastically different reasons, and it seems pointless to me to try and establish a hierarchy between them.

TW1 had arguably the most beautiful and powerful moments in the series. Chapter 4 in particular. It also had easily the best quest design.
That said, it was insanely poorly paced, the combat was pure garbage beyond any salvation, writing and story were all over the place.

TW2 had by far the best main story and character in the series. But it was short, clumsy, and at time frustrating.

TW3 had the best world of all three of them, was most polished, and generally had most content without sacrificing too much of the actual quality.
That said the main story is kinda garbage and the quest design was a bit brain-dead.

Each has something unique to offer that sets it apart from the other games, each is well worth playing. Each has some very serious flaws too.

I'm not sure how can people ultimately claim that one is somehow significantly better or worse then the rest. Is great environmental storytelling and great side-plots inherently better or worse than great character-based storytelling and powerful set pieces? And is clunky but more varied gameplay inherently better than more fluid, natural and responsive one with less variety relatively to game's length?
>>
>>384450914
this
>>
>>384452762
>the combat was pure garbage beyond any salvation
Why do people say this? The first Witcher is a crpg, not an action game. I thought the combat was pretty good.
>>
>>384450757

3 including the DLC's is probably my favorite game of this decade.
>>
File: 1473745695269.png (381KB, 762x642px) Image search: [Google]
1473745695269.png
381KB, 762x642px
>>384450757
Witcher 3.
t. Person who has played all of them and even bought Witcher 1's physical release before the enhanced edition when it was full of potato-ese.

Witcher 1 best overall story, Witcher 3 best gameplay and acting and graphics and obscene amount of content, Witcher 2 is the black sheep but still has good aspects.
>>
>>384450757
1 - storyline
2 - gameplay
3 - graphics
>>
3>1>2
>>
>>384452858
You are wrong and a delusional idiot. TW1 is not a cRPG. It's an action RPG of the purest breed, just like the following two. There is absolutely no depth to it, no character-development complexity WHAT. SO. EVER.
It's a pure action RPG of the purest kind: except the combat also happens to be bad. There are no interesting or unique builds to establish, there is no strategy beyond alchemy, it is completely brain-dead, completely uninvolving, it could be played by a monkey.
I love TW1, god knows I do. But people who pretend that TW1 deserves some kind of pass like Planescape does, people who pretend it's anything else than a poorly executed and shallow action RPG mechanics-wise, are just delusional.

The combat is shit.
The game is still worth playing.
But the combat is shit.
>>
>>384450757
the first one is pretty good (2 is complete shit), but the girls are super cute in 3, and the dialogue system is perfect. all the quests are great too. too bad the combat's pretty bad.
>>
>>384450757
Witcher 2.
It has the best story and characters.
>>
I haven't played the Third but I definitely liked the first more than the second.
>>
>>384452718
this
>>
>>384453187
>2 is complete shit
>didn't even try the 1st

that skyrim generation ...
>>
>>384450914
1>2>3

They fucked up with 3. Expected legendary battle in nilfgard as you look for your waifu. Trying to unravel more conspiracy from 1st and second game.

Instead we got borring go here fo this with an exposition, looking for Ciri, who I really hate from the books. An apparently she never needed our help, and can stop the upcoming Ice Age.
>>
the newest game in the series i played > the other game in the series > the old game in the series i never played
>>
>>384450757
The plebian opinion is that 3 is the best
Contrarians will claim that 1 is a better game despite its faults
True patricians know that 2 is in fact the best in the series
>>
2>3>1

That's also the order of best combat to the worst. You can tell that gameplay is more important to me than story. Even though I think Witcher 2 has the best story as well.

>"""villain""" turns out to be your long lost bro (or is Geralt the long lost bro?)
>explains what he did so that you can understand
>ultimately you decide his fate

Anybody who says 3 is the best can KYS. At least 1fags care about the world of The Witcher and aren't Skyrim-loving mongoloids.
>>
>have to kill Kiera at the end of her questions
>Baron hangs himself

I dunno if I want to keep playing. I'm depressed as fuck.

>The lubberkin didn't save Baron

Useless fucking fetus
>>
>>384450757

Haven't played 3. 2 was dogshit.
>>
File: faces.jpg (300KB, 1500x1242px) Image search: [Google]
faces.jpg
300KB, 1500x1242px
>>384450914
I did the same.
Witcher 1 was kinda niche so I wasnt even aware of it but Withcer 2 had all the hype of being a great rpg aimed at adults and it was great.

2011 was a great year for games in general. After w2 there wasnt that many good games to play so only thing to look forward to was withcher 3.
>>
>>384450757
they're all absolute shit with subpar rpg elements and combat[/spoiler}
>>
witcher 3 because it has nice looking places and characters, witcher 2 takes you to a slum and is full of drunk hobos and dwarves. Witcher 2 was too dirty for me. Never played Witcher 1.
>>
>>384453794
was the dogshit combat what made tw1 so niche?
>>
witcher though has to be one of the better kitchen sink fantasy settings. It's leagues more balanced and interesting than forgotten realms. I hope they expand on the setting and let you make your own witcher in a future game.
>>
>>384453794
>those two pics of Demon Geralt

That's basically how Geralt should look all the time. The superhero dad look doesn't even fit his character. People should be afraid of him because he's a mutant.
>>
>>384453726
>Freeing a demonic flesh monster just because it asked you nicely
You only have yourself to blame.
>>
1 > 3 > 2
>>
>>384451007
kys
>>
>>384454017
It was more like the crones are pricks and them wanting me to kill it must mean it's alright. It does save the kids, which I guess is what ends up killing the Baron. I'd have gone back but I don't savor doing the crones bidding at all
>>
honestly 3. in anticipation for it i read the books (even fan translated ones,) then replayed 1 and 2. it was a really great way to end that experience.
>>
>>384453957
No, lack of production value and marketing budget made it niche.
>>
>>384454195
if you released the tree spirit and got keira killed you absolutely suck at this game
>>
>>384452718
holy shit this
>>
>>384453957
it's obtuse as fuck. The menus are unintelligible at first, and alchemy is unintuitive, you're practically designed to fail your first major alchemy brew because the game doesn't explain how its menu works.

It's not unacheivable, but it's more work than one might want to deal with when jumping into a game for a few hours at a time
>>
>>384454284
Kiera was going to take that info to rad the mad.

Trusting the crones is stupider.
>>
>>384454349
you can talk her out of it
>>
>>384454349
you only had to tell her to go to kaer moren and take her fucking notes

trusting the tree spirit is even more stupid it's their fucking mother
>>
>>384450757
I treat it as single game at this point. I love them as single product.
Same way with ME123, they work really good if played in the row, even the 3.
>>
>>384454324
>these menus are so tough and the game doesn't give you any guidance
>this is deep as fuck!
>>
>>384450757
1 is the best Witcher.
2 is too linear.
3 is too big and has too much shit.
>>
>>384454195
To be perfectly honest, it's a lose-lose situation.

As I saw it, the crones had possible information on Ciri and doing them a favor is the easiest way to achieve that goal. Though they are unpleasant, at that point they haven't killed anyone and they have the trust of the villagers. Better the shifty individuals you know than the flesh monster you don't.
>>
>>384454398
I told her not to do it and she told me to draw my sword. What the fuck
>>
>>384454573
>too linear
>too big and has too much shit.
Shame insane people are allowed to have access to the internet.
>>
File: 1476362140579.png (10KB, 215x200px) Image search: [Google]
1476362140579.png
10KB, 215x200px
>first game has a different font
Why does this bother me
>>
>>384454573
>too linear
Are you forgetting the entirety of chapter 2?
>>
>>384454645
you talked wrong then, sorceresses don't like being bossed around, you need to make her think it was her idea
>>
Just started 3. What level should I be before I head to Skellige? I really want to go but I'm only level 8.
>>
>>384454701
Chapter 2 was entirely forgettable.
>>
1 was janky as fuck but it's the best game all around and it was seeping with atmosphere

2 went full normie; console action controls, crafting, generic atmosphere, storyline with sieges and kings and dragons WOO SO EXCITING :D

3 is just dogshit, everything that's wrong with open world games, silly story, retarded quests, gwent is the only saving grace
>>
>>384455012
Its pretty sad the only way these people get replies is going full contrarian and avoiding saying anything anyone might agree with.
>>
>>384454569
get bent, I've no doubts about the game's quality, but those menus are poorly designed
>>
>>384450757
>>
I've kept my save file from W1 for W2 and thought the effects were neat, but I lost my W2 save file so I can't use it for W3 which I've yet to play.

Did I lose anything significant?
>>
File: witcher 2016-06-12 17-41-24-04.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
witcher 2016-06-12 17-41-24-04.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>384450757
1 - 3 - 2
>>
>>384450757
1>2>3
all three are good though
>>
>>384455247
you can simulate a W2 save when starting W3

the only thing you can lose by not transferring a save file is the tattoo from w2 in case you kept it. that's the only thing you can pass but can't simulate. W2 decisions barely matter at all but it's recommended that you'll choose the following:
spared letho.spared aryan la valette and spared sille, there are some other decision that don't actually matter at all, these are probably the only one that have some effect on the game. most important is the letho one
>>
>>384455180
What's sad is your blind fanboy defense mechanism of labeling anyone who doesn't share your average teenager's taste in video games a contrarian.
>>
2 has the best characters Broche &
Letho
and the I like the story the most
3 has the best production values and the best side quests
1 was so long ago I honestly don't remember much. All I know is the backtracking was a pain and the swamp in general can go fuck it self.
>>
>>384455407
Thank you, good to hear I don't have to worry about missing out and that I generally got the recommended decisions on my own playthrough.
>>
>>384455407
Can you choose Letho alive when simulating a save? I don't think I ever got that option.
>>
>>384450757
1 is the best role playing game by far
>>
>>384455675
yes you can choose that. i simulated my decisions because i was too much of a slob to find my savefile and import it
>>
3 is my favourite. That said, as much as I think 1 aged like dogshit, it sits right after 3, 2 being the last.

On 3, just about everything besides the way quests and witcher vision works and Triss being a teen girl all wet at all times instead of the cunty manipulative bitch from 1 is spot-on, in my opinion. And Ciri a cute and game had pretty good emotional moments because of her.

On 1, story was fucking perfect and the quests were incredibly well made, and I loved all around everything regarding interactions and how you mixed potions with each ingredient having different properties. Soundtrack is pretty good too. But combat is utter shite.

2? Just, eh.
>>
>>384455675
>>384455639
keep in mind the simulation thing doesn't happen the very moment you start a new game. you start the game in a place called white orchard that acts as the tutorial village for the game and only after you leave it you'll simulate a savegame through dialogue options
>>
>>384450757
1.- Never finish it because the shit and clunky controls
2.- Never play it It's been on my Steam library since release.
3.- Same as Witcher 2 but the biggest difference it's that I wan't to play someday. I can't do it because I'm busy playing GTA Online and doing some mods from FO4.
>>
Seeing a lot of "Witcher 1 had the best story".

What even was the story to Witcher 1? Wasn't it Salamandra wanting to create super soldiers with Witchers mutations?

The coolest thing they'll pulled off was Alvin and his fate.
>>
>>384450757
All of them are great.
>>
>>384456368
*for FO4
>>
>>384456368

Still nice to know you have them to play later down the line when you have more time though.

People hate on 2 but it's still a good game. it would be hard to get into 2 if you play it after 3 though.
>>
First one, but partly because back when it was released there were not many RPGs being released. I enjoyed it so much.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.