[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: ogimg.jpg (17KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
ogimg.jpg
17KB, 1200x630px
>>
it's a good product

but it's a sign of a bad product
>>
>>384446383

It has a bad rep because of shit indie groups buying a license and assets off the store then throwing the shit on Steam asap.
>>
>>384446465
Really unifies my thoughts.
>>
>>384446383

it feels very unifinished and limited when compared to unreal 4, unity feels like some basement project and unreal feels like something a professional company produced

it does have much better documentation though
>>
You still have to buy a visual scripting package off the asset store but it's pretty usable
>>
>>384446383
It's only as good as you make it.
>>
>>384446717
DO I really?
>>
File: homer space.jpg (389KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
homer space.jpg
389KB, 1284x980px
>unity
>>
File: 1486085780773.jpg (38KB, 405x343px) Image search: [Google]
1486085780773.jpg
38KB, 405x343px
>>384448642
>>
its the best toolset out there for general game / multimedia application development. Yes there are better things out there for your specific use case but right now I can hop into Unity and start making any kind of genre of game I want which is really unprecedented with the amount of options you have with it.

Perhaps someone down the line will come out with something better but until then it is a real joy working with Unity.
>>
>>384449156
is there any path you would reccomend someone to take to use it?

because I looked a small tutorial video, and the drag and drop seemed very friendly, but then het got into the code editor and I had no idea what was going on at all, and he was like yea just copy what I'm doing, which makes the stuff work anyways, but i sort of feel that's not the right way to master it.
>>
>>384446383
i saw some pretty good games with it also there are lots of shitty games on steam made with unity i would think it's a shitty engine if i didn't saw the good ones.
>>
>>384450662
Guide videos are all dumb shit like that, what you really want to do is read the documentation
All of it

The videos become useful after that, once you know how shit works and just want to steal an elegant solution from somewhere
>>
>>384446383
>every other vinny stream
>"my fuckin mouse isn't locked into the unity screen again, hang on, ill crash it manually and reload and hope it fixes it"
clearly not. its ok for android but android games are shit already.
>>
>>384446383
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>384446383
Rpg maker is better
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.