[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: KF4_USA_Cover_Front[1].jpg (100KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
KF4_USA_Cover_Front[1].jpg
100KB, 640x908px
Is this good?
>>
do you like strafing?
>>
>>384445549
I've heard the controls are shit
>>
>>384445549
S'alright. Worth playing. Honestly my least favourite of the King's Field games just because it's so slow comparatively, but whatever.

>agetec
Blast from the past. They brought over a shitload of the Armoured Core games.

Although shit like throwing their publisher logo on the cover while the dev logo is nowhere to be found is pretty fucking sinister.
>>
>>384445549
no king's field game is good there are vastly better things to spend your time with on ps2

>BUT SOULS HURRRRRRRRRRRRRR HURRRRRRRRRRRRR

yeah these aren't souls games and they aren't their "inspiration" either because souls sure as fuck wasn't inspired by ultra slow non-combat (armored core is where souls mechanics come from not kings field)
>>
>>384445549
Yes, but you will have to get use to the tank controls.
>>
>>384445549
pretty fun game
>>
If you like exploration and atmosphere you would be doing yourself a disservice by not playing this game. That said the combat is lacking because of the slow tanklike controls.
>>
I liked it. I played it back in 2012 for the first time and thought it help up. Can definitely see some of the themes they have kept when switching to Souls.
>>
>>384446408
>>384446208

What the left analog stick does then?
>>
>>384446525
Been a minute since I played but doesnt it control strafing and forward back while right stick is look? Either way the controls are just slow but since the focus is on exploration and nothing you fight needs super fast controls it all works out
>>
>>384445549
I beat it years ago, it was good. Crappy controls strafe every battle. Played much worse.
>>
>>384445549
My experience with Kings Field The Ancient City
>grind exp and money for a while
>finally get enough equipment to not die in two seconds
>explore some sewer area or some shit
>get fucking lost for an hour
>enemies that used to be a death sentence are now relatively easy
>stumble into a room with a gigantic monster inside
>die instantly
>>
>>384447490
Equivalent of complaining about getting lost and dying in the Undead Burg, anon.
>>
>>384447573
The difference though is that save points were few and far between, and unlike Dark Souls where dying means being returned to the last bonfire you rested at with your money/exp being dropped where you died dying in Kings Field means reloading your last save file.
>>
>>384446525
from software hated the analog sticks back then
>>
It's a pretty nice dungeon crawler.
Good atmosphere, gameplay is boring but not easy. Control remapping works wonders. Be prepared to get lost and mangled by basically everything.
>>
KF 4 and shadow tower abyss are good, the earlier ones are a little more tedious though
>>
>>384448572
Might change if they port it. I bought Eternal Ring on PSN recently (after they fixed the Limestone Cave glitch) and to my surprise both sticks work pretty well.
>>
File: Best mainline girl.jpg (210KB, 643x730px) Image search: [Google]
Best mainline girl.jpg
210KB, 643x730px
>>384445549
No.
Play Shadow Tower, which is what Demon's Souls was a successor to.
>>
File: whatrex.jpg (35KB, 475x341px) Image search: [Google]
whatrex.jpg
35KB, 475x341px
>playing old armored core games

>R2 to look up, L2 to look down
>>
>>384445792
>armored core is where souls mechanics come from not kings field
Actually souls mostly came from Evergrace
>>
>>384449306
Demon's Souls is just Ico and Zelda, director dude said so himself.
>>
>>384447837
better not die then
>>
>>384449840
>get good meem defense
>>
>>384450168
Well I mean come on, it's hardly Contra or just trying to 1CC any shmup. Just watch for telegraphs and keep your head about you.
>>
>>384449369
That's exactly how I discovered the twist in Echo Night. Your character controls just like a robot.
>>
>>384450826
Kind hard to do when you get lost in a sewer/catacomb area for an hour since it's maze-like with rooms leading to rooms leading to rooms running out of healing items and then run across a gigantic monster unlike anything else so far in the game and get 1shot from what seemed like a basic attack. If there were a few more save points or less labyrinth level design it wouldn't be a problem. There's also the part where the game has very awkward platforming parts and some legitimately bullshit trap placement.
>>
>>384445549
all weeaboo games are shit
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.