[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dark Souls is hard but fai-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 34

File: Untitled.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
>Dark Souls is hard but fai-
>>
>>384439956
yeah that room wa sseriously too small

not to mention 2 dogs that can lock you in the corner
>>
File: hKHMpL8.jpg (109KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hKHMpL8.jpg
109KB, 640x480px
"DAMMIT UNDEAD, ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS KILL THE DAMN DOGS"
>>
>make it through an onslaught of cunts bursting out of doors and doggos leaping right at you
>too retarded to put up your shield and block the dogs

I will never understand how people die to capra
>>
>>384439956
>>384440152
>I am incapable of dodging to the left
Literally just roll in between CD and the dog, then kill the dogs on the stairs. If you can't do something that simple then grab the scrub key and skip him
>>
>>384440447
Shields are for faggots
>>
>>384439956
run up the stairs

drop attack

repeat
>>
>>384439956
You always know what to do, but sometimes a dog just decides to block your way to the stairs.
>>
File: 1499390498421.png (103KB, 270x320px) Image search: [Google]
1499390498421.png
103KB, 270x320px
>run up stairs and kill dogs
>either use firebombs or bait it into jumping at you and drop down on it
>hop down and run back up if it doesn't jump
>>
>>384439956
Dark Souls ain't hard
>>
>>384439956
I beat him on my first try. Why was he hard again?
>>
File: 1452054781424.png (296KB, 649x649px) Image search: [Google]
1452054781424.png
296KB, 649x649px
>>384439956
I'd say this is bait, but sadly people are actually retarded enough think Capra is difficult and/or unfair.
>>
File: undead-attack-dog.jpg (46KB, 300x471px) Image search: [Google]
undead-attack-dog.jpg
46KB, 300x471px
What was the Capra Demon doing before you arrived?
>>
>>384441036
playing with his doggos
>>
Even knowing what's coming I die sometimes. Those dogs are rng.
>>
File: 1471594221684.jpg (66KB, 500x413px) Image search: [Google]
1471594221684.jpg
66KB, 500x413px
>It's not unfair
>You just have to look up guides to the fight before hand so you know what to do so that you don't get killed the moment you enter the area
>Trust me i've killed him a dozen times after i killed him the first time
What did retards mean by this?
>>
>>384441338
Something tells me your projecting your experience playing the game onto others, anon...
>>
>>384439956
>swing zweihander once
>doggos go flying and capra demon staggers like a bitch
Wow so hard op
>>
File: BqhnVdCz.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
BqhnVdCz.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>384439956
>climb stairs
>kill dogs at the top
>drop attack Capra
>???

>>384440152
The room is literally the best part of the fight, so bored of empty square rooms. Dark Souls 3 had too much of those.
>>
File: 14453526565790.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
14453526565790.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
It's hard boss.. if you don't know shields are a mechanic that exists in the game
>>
>>384440893
>but sadly people are actually retarded enough think Capra is difficult and/or unfair.
that's because it is. It's a terribly designed boss fight, and most players aren't going to know anything about poise at that point in the game.
>>
>>384441338
All you have to do is dodge the first attack
It doesnt take a guide to know that, you have AT LEAST one second to react which is more than enough unless you arent paying attention or are a litteral retarded person
>>
>>384439956
i'm terrible at video games, and the only boss i found easier than capra was the gaping dragon
>>
>>384441546
>having enough stamina that early in the game to tank a hit from Capra's fuckhuge dual UGS
>>
>>384441575
That's most Dark Souls discussions. Anons coming in acting tough because they either played a different souls game first, or looked up wikis on how to do shit instead of just walking into the room and getting wrecked the first time. I can see the room being a breeze, if you're overleveled, but that's got nothing to do with skill. Course it's easy if you don't go down there when nearly every other first time player does: the exact moment they're able to get down there.
>>
>>384441575

>most people are retarded and completely forget shields exist in the game despite having a shield before you even get here
>>
>>384440447
Because Capra Demon will either hit you first and break your guard or at least leave you with no stamina to attack/dodge/guard the dogs, or dogs get you and pin you for Capra Demon to whack you for a massive hit.

You need to dodge the dogs, run away, kill the dogs, then fight the boss.
>>
>>384441843

thats not true though. I beat him on a sl1 run
>>
>>384441773
The point isn't really to keep tanking him face on, but to be able to survive at least one of his hits helps a ton because he's basically a joke after his insane damage
>>
>>384441776
I played this game as my first souls game this year. It was a blind playthrough and I died once to capra because I dodged poorly. Assessed the room and got it right the 2nd time. It's not hard if you have a functioning brain
>>
>6 years later still mad about cheese demon

let me guess you still consider butcher in diablo as artifical difficulty too
>>
Is it just me to did less people desperately try so hard to be badasses before the PC release? It really seems that people used to be a lot more "yeah, that's part tricky, but here is what you do..." and less "ARE YOU A FUCKING RETARD, I DODGED HIM FIRST TRY AT SL1!". Is there something about PC gamers having a complex that makes them act tough even when anonymous? Or has the whole community been tainted by tryhard children?
>>
File: 2000px-Flag_of_Texas.svg.png (164KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Flag_of_Texas.svg.png
164KB, 500x446px
>>384439956
Out of all the actually bullshit bosses, why use this guy as the example? Just run up the stairs, kill the dogs when they run up, and then cheese him with pyromancy.
>>
>>384442216

its not an "Im better than you" situation, its a "you're retarded and forgot you had a shield" situation
>>
All you need is a shield, why do faggots never want to block anything?

I had several friends try Dark Souls and all they did was run into groups of enemies and spam attack and then wonder why they die when they have no stamina left. A couple of them told me its a bad game because of this.
>>
>>384442043
>I played this game as my first souls game this year.
Then you've had every fucking advantage in the world. /v/ could have told you how to play the entire game post by post after this long. Why did you wait so long, mommy wouldn't get it for you until you were 13?

These fucking newfags pretending they earned SHIT is embarrassing.
>>
>>384442043
People will call you retarded for defending it when in reality its that easy, easier even since you could have made the roll and won the first time
They are just salty and the curse of shitposters is one we must all bear
>>
File: PlayStation_button_C.svg.png (110KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
PlayStation_button_C.svg.png
110KB, 2000x2000px
>>384442307
>why do faggots never want to block anything?
Because there's literally no reason to?
>>
>>384441891
The point isn't that he's impossible to beat you fuckwit, the point is that new players know nothing about whats coming up and gets shit on instantly which ius unfair and poor design. It's like the ogres behind the doors in ds2, they're not hard to beat just cheap ganks on new players.
>>
>>384440152
Room was the best part

Initially it seemed so impossible at first entry because you have no space and the CD is fkn swinging wild
But then you see you can roll past to the stairs where he can't fit and kill the dogs alone
And you already know how to drop attack from the first boss fight, so you add what you learned earlier

Classic git gud moment
>>
>>384439956
Feels good to find so many capra demon corpses in DS3. Fuck them.
>>
>>384442216
The thing is there was a smaller ratio of casuals screaming IMPOSSIBLE UNFAIR FAKE DIFFICULTY
>>
>>384441776
You're the ones trying to call the boss shit and badly designed, of course people are going to call you out. But oh yeah if someone doesn't have a problem with it like you do then they must be overlevelled or using guides or some other cheese. Give me a break man.
>>
>>384442464

you dont get shit on instantly though. you open the fog door and you can easily see the dogs and capra demon in front of you

unless it takes you 5 seconds just to put up your shield for some reason(hint: it takes one), you have no excuse for being overwhelmed unelss you were trying to survey the whole room instead of just focusing on the immediate threat
>>
File: pveEYbH.jpg (821KB, 1325x2048px) Image search: [Google]
pveEYbH.jpg
821KB, 1325x2048px
>Kill him the first time no problem
>subsequent playthroughs require 2-3 tries
>can finally breezethrough him again
I think the first areas train you to deal with dogs while a serious enemy, the bandits, are nearby well enough. Now this mother fucker is an unfair boss
>>
>>384442396
These are new players to a game they've never experienced before. Why the fuck would you expect fresh meat to be able to dodge like a pro?
>>
>>384439956
-th builds make it really fun.

I agree OP
>>
>>384442396
>rolling into multiple enemies in order to get gangbanged BDC
no wonder you faggots have trouble with capra
>>
>>384442338
I had other games to play and other shit to do. Had the game sitting in my library for a while before I finally got around to it.

What makes you think I went into souls threads before playing it? I'm not a retarded newfag like you.
>>
>>384442512
Also once you see them again and they're just copy/pasted into the zone, they're complete shit out in the open. It was neat that they made a challenging boss room with so little, just by limiting the space you have to work with. They just gave the guy two dogs as back up, but it's enough to make that initial moment of entry a bit unpredictable.
>>
>introduce friend to DaS
>ask him a few days later how he's going, says he's stuck on capra
>oh okay let me look at your gear
>he's using the FUCKING DRAKE SWORD
swear to god nigga
>>
>>384439956
This fight is what people complain about sotfs.
>>
>>384442216
>THIS BOSS IS FUCKING SHIT ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY SHIT GAME DESIGN UNFAIR FUCKING BULLSHIT

>i didn't find it that hard anon

>OMG UR SO BADASS FUCKING TOUGH GUY FUCKING PC FAGGOT TRYHARD CHILDREN
>>
>>384442539
>You're the ones trying to call the boss shit and badly designed
Point out where, retard. I'm not OP, so you're just making shit up. I actually like that they made the room so hard just by limiting your space and giving the boss such minor back up. I mean, the dogs are NOTHING, but they are what make the fight difficult, since one bad moment tied up with them could give the demon the only hit he needs.
>>
>>384442592
Nameless King is meant to be that way, he's like vanilla DS3's equivalent of an EX Boss or bonus boss. That also means he's completely optional.
>>
>>384440893
>Play Demon's Souls multiple times before Dark Souls is released
>Think those bosses are hard
>Dark Souls bosses push my shit in
>Play Demon's Souls now and find most of the bosses easy as shit

Did they get harder, /v/?
>>
>>384442726
>I had other games to play and other shit to do.
I didn't actually give a fuck, bitch. Just stop talking, no one cares.
>>
>bait out first leap attack from capra
>roll past evil doggers
>run up stairs
>jump to arch thing
>capra cant reach you anymore
>evil doggers can still reach you but they have to fight you 1v1 because the arch-ledge thing is too narrow
>kill evil doggers
>fight capra 1v1
git gud
>>
>>384442819
Wow, you're awfully defensive. I guess I struck a nerve, tryhard teenager. How is summer going?
>>
>>384442947
this guy is mad
>>
>>384442913
I haven't played Demon's souls since it was released. I assume going back with the experience that I have now would make the game a fair bit easier than my first time.
>>
>>384443016
You're the one yelling
>>
>>384443016
>>384443057
tiny dicked cuckbois
>>
Killed him my 2nd try and I'm bad at the game. You can do it Anons.
>>
File: 1472499916458.gif (1MB, 358x216px) Image search: [Google]
1472499916458.gif
1MB, 358x216px
>>384442216
Demon's Souls had the advantage of the Souls games being completely new, and catching people somewhat off guard. Word of mouth often mentioned that it was fairly difficult due to sternly punishing careless mistakes and shortsighted thinking.

Then fucking Bamco took that idea of "difficult, but mostly due to being so punishing of errors" and played it up with "Prepare to Die!" marketing hype. While the first Dark Souls still mostly played by DeS' playbook of difficulty, it attracted every tryhard faggot far and wide. Add that DaS expanded the install base from just PS3 to PS3 and 360, meaning more tryhards coming to show how big their dicks were on the internet.

The PC port not only got the PC crowd frothed into a furious cock sucking circlejerk about successfully getting a port that they begged for endlessly, but really blew open the floodgates, greatly increasing the playerbase, and the number of tryhardfags with it.
>>
>>384442958
I don't even see why people post this shit. Of course EVERYONE fucking knows how to get past him now. Fuck, PC gamers had months to hear about exactly what to do before game even came out for them.
>>
File: king_by_sanekyle-d9zhkkd.jpg (159KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
king_by_sanekyle-d9zhkkd.jpg
159KB, 1024x724px
>>384442886
but the DaS 1 bonus bosses like Priscilla and Gwyndolin were still fair. Nameless king is total bullshit
>>
>>384442913
I think in the case of all the games it's just a matter of getting used to the bosses. While a base level of skill will carry between each game and likely reduce your chances of getting killed by regular enemies, you still need to learn each boss as you go and they can all wreck your shit over so much as one little mistake or even if you're just plain unlucky.
>>
>>384439956
STOP SUCKING AT VIDEOGAMES
>>
>>384443149
ok OP git gud
>>
>>384442913
Demons Souls bosses attacks don't hone onto you, they aim at the last position you were at and therefore it's miles easier than later game bosses. I recently beat Demons Souls in about 8 hours, it really isn't hard if you're a veteran
>>
>>384442958
The thing about the fight is that when you first do you have no idea that there are dogs, that there is stairs or a ledge. The first few deaths are just dying trying to figure out what the hell you are supposed to do.

If you don't figure it out very fast you just think the guy's numbered are tweaked way too high are you in a zone too high level for you.

Everyone I talked to had the same experience. It's a badly designed encountered.
>>
-r
>>
>>384443129
I agree, a lot of it is due to the retarded marketing. I think expanding to 360 (and I assume many on the PS3 never played Demon's) went pretty smoothly, Demon's players helping out any new folk. The "PREPARE TO DIE" advertising was at it's highest when it hit PC, so I guess nothing could stop things going the way they did.
>>
>>384443179
His only bullshit move is his lightning strike, the rest of his moveset is well telegraphed.
>>
>>384443047
some yes, some no.

Flamelurker is as fun as always, same with the False King and Penetrator. The maneaters are a LOT more scary than any of the gargoyles in the dark souls games.

Some of the bosses are a bit easier, but the big change was the red knights and the npc red phantoms, which are much easier. If they had the ai from the Crowns DLC they'd be amazing.
>>
>>384443149
>Of course EVERYONE fucking knows how to get past him now
>what is this thread
>>
>>384443179
You're right, but I wouldn't really call Priscilla or Gwyndolin EX bosses per se. Now, if we got to fight Gwyn or Artorias in their prime rather than the way they appear in the game normally we might have had a fight like Nameless King.
>>
File: 1499398234751.jpg (442KB, 1088x1535px) Image search: [Google]
1499398234751.jpg
442KB, 1088x1535px
>>384443430
The problem isn't his moveset, it's the the arena. The smoke fucks with your perception so unless you're fucking hugging him or his dragons beak you can't tell if you'll land a hit or not. It's similar to the Four Kings fight except they were so huge it helped market your location
>>
>>384443372
I'd argue that it's not that badly designed, but it is a little bullshit that if the first dog blocks your path, you're fucked instantly with little chance to get a feel for the room.

I think what made it memorable for most is that is was a decent run down there, at least along the most probable route.
>>
>>384443461
The Flamelurker I've always found particularly easy as all his attacks can be blocked. If you're a magic character and have the crescent falchion it's even easier. Every other character needs some sticky white stuff, which can be bought from some of the vendors at that point.

False King, Penetrator, and Man Eaters are by and far the hardest in that game.

Hell, what is up with the False King? He's harder than pretty much every final boss in these games.
>>
>>384443461
Flamefucker and the Maneaters were the only 2 bosses I really struggled against...and that fucking red phantom mindflayer on the stairs to the Maneaters.....fuck that guy.
>>
>>384443813
>tfw beat Maneaters on my first try
>get fucked so hard by Flamelurker that I had to restart my character at least twice because >>>>>grass
>>
>>384443778
I have yet to beat Nameless King, and even struggled against most bosses in DS3 (both Gundyrs, Soul of Cinder, Consumed King, Dragonslayer Armor, Homo Princes and Abyss Watchers being the worst offenders for me), but False King was piss easy, and Penetrator was even easier.

It feels like I've gotten worse at these games as the series has progressed.
>>
File: 1314575625349.jpg (46KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
1314575625349.jpg
46KB, 500x469px
>>384439956
>tfw beat Capra and his dogs on the first try
>>
>>384443651
Considering how long it is back to the room, a death without getting to learn anything by having the first dog block your path is really annoying.

I think that's about where I lost interest in ds1 because I didn't feel like trial and erroring out the boss. At a certain point my friend told me what to do to beat him and I felt like if I actually went back to playing it I would be cheating and so the win wouldn't count.

That's one of my little philosophers. If you used a guide or outiside help you didn't actually beat the game.
>>
>>384439956
but why does it matter even if it wasn't fair
the game hardly punishes you for dying, all that happens is that you lose your souls and humanities, big deal
>>
>>384442737
> mfw i used it in my first playthrough on the gargoyles and wanted to kill myself when i got good and realized what i did
At least i stopped with the guides there and went on t beat 2, 3, demons and BB without guides but still
>>
>>384444120
DaS 3 and BB are the ultimate test of your twitch reflexes and strategy in souls, espicially DaS 3 since they abuse the shit out of players rolling by delaying animations by a second. The older games leaned more on learning the boss or had immediate action after their tells, so it's easy to see how you have a certain type of style ingrained on you in your first soul game that doesn't work as well in the rest. Each soul game is slightly different enough to re-learning shit, instead of relying on you learned in your first souls game
>>
>>384439956
>first try
>panic after being rushed by the two dogs and get SLAMMED
>oh guess I better look out for them next time
>second try
>Get guardbroken and killed
>oh guess I better be quick on the dodge
>third try
>block first dog and roll through second
>nearly die anyway when accidentally take counter hit damage from dog
>kill them and proceed to push Cappy's shit in
He's pretty fair. His offense is shit. It's basic add management. I was honestly surprised when I found out he was a fight people were very vocal about.

Also:
>playthrough who the fuck knows
>dicking around with magic for shits and giggles
>It turns out Aural Decoy, the spell I wrote off as completely useless and only good for Fat Official PvP cosplay, breaks the shit out of the fight
I wonder how many people who had trouble with that fight ended up doing that.
>>
File: 1498794212376.gif (427KB, 978x478px) Image search: [Google]
1498794212376.gif
427KB, 978x478px
>>384439956
Dark Souls is easy but unfair.
>>
>>384439956
This boss was weird for me, on my first playthrough I walked in, panicked, somehow killed it on my first go and then completely forgot about it. On NG+ I think it killed me like 2-3 times though
>>
So demons souls contains some of the best levels in the series while having lots of poor bossfights while bloodborne had the best bossfights and had lots of poor levels
We can all agree on this right?
>>
>>384439956
the only thing that goes wrong in that fight is the first jumps of the dogs

if your only strategy is get up the stairs it can completely fuck you but really it's an easy as shit fight
>>
>>384445040
Bloodborne just suffers from all the levels having the same color pallete bar a few. If each level was as distinct coloring and lighting wise as a souls game it would be fine
>>
>>384440447
>lock on to doggo #1
>doggo #1 leaps to side and you auto turn to face it leaving you open to doggo#2 and Capra
the fight is decided in the first few secs after that it's nothing
>>
>>384440341
>not "Dammit CD"
Anon...
>>
>>384439956
He was easy
>>
>>384445189
My problem wasnt the colour bur the basic mob veriety
Cathedral ward was 2 short levels combined, Forest was the same 1st level mobs + Snakes and the boring snake mobs, byrg was good but too short, then your back to normal 1st level mobs
The bossfights are better than anything ive ever experienced though, even living failures was a fucking neat experience with its visuals and OST despite being too easy
>>
>>384439956
It's still fair, the game has no pretentions of letting you go unkilled through the whole thing. The subtitle is Prepare to Die, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>384440474
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, innit.
>>
>>384440474
As much as I love Dark Souls, I still think that boss could have been improved. A small room that forces a tight in your face fight can be interesting but the room itself is just too cluttered with shit that's easy to get caught up on or for the camera to get hung up on. The difficulty should stem from learning from the boss's attack patterns, observing your surroundings to find leverage, and utilizing the proper equipment for the job. It shouldn't stem from the player getting caught in a piece of the terrain or being unable to see what the fuck is going on because the camera took a sudden fascination with the leaves on a tree or give the boss a colonoscopy
>>
>>384439956
I'm fucking awful at DaS, but that boss fight wasn't even that hard.
>>
>>384446028
You dont need hind sight to dodge the dogs
How can you beat the gargoyles and the surprise enemies of lower burg and not be ready for dodging
>>
>>384446352
>You dont need hind sight to dodge the dogs
No, dipshit, you need hindsight to realize you needed to dodge the dogs to begin with. The very first thing that happens is capra demon doing a jumping attack on you, and you wouldn't know what to expect the first time you played.
>>
>>384443129
This honestly, it was mostly just marketing. You see a lot of "OMG SO HARDCORE" faggots with DaS2 and 3, but from what I can tell the Bloodborne community is pretty tame and seem to like the game because of the game itself, instead of flexing their e-peen.
>>
>>384446448
>you need hindsight to know that you should avoid getting hit
>>
File: 8iwbhs60KE.png (18KB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
8iwbhs60KE.png
18KB, 260x195px
>>384441036
>>384441168
>>
>>384446448
Dumb nigger you have an entire second to see and dodge those fucks, the average human reaction time is 0.25 seconds
>>
>>384447046
>>384446448

You both sound like a couple of 12 year olds screaming at eachother.
>>
>>384441036
>What was the Capra Demon doing before you arrived?
He was searching for humans to kill.
>>
Capra demon a shit, sure first time you enter you're either fucked or extremely lucky but after that it really isn't hard at all
>>
>>384442483
pretty much this, the room IS the fight, dark souls teaches you bit by bit, this fight is about dealing with multiple targets and close quarters.

if this was just a huge open arena with a single capra it would be easy as shit.
>>
>>384443372
>The first few deaths are just dying trying to figure out what the hell you are supposed to do.

welcome to fucking dark souls.
>>
The problem with ascribing difficulty to the souls games is that your DPS is so contingent on you understanding the arbitrary rules of that particular game. Yes, there are people who get so good as bosses they parry everything and run around basically naked, but to the average player, their success hinges way more on understanding what allows you to shit out damage. It's a part of the game that gets largely ignored in these dickwaving contests wherein no boss was ever hard git gud.

>>384443889
Jesus you got lucky. Maneaters can put you into an unwinnable situation if you can't burst the first one out (or use the door glitch). Flakelurker can be invalidated by equipment that isn't too hard to obtain. Maneaters are you hope to fuck the middle saves you.
>>
>>384445242
>locking on
>>
>>384439956
>throw poop over the fog wall
>he dies
??? why did people say this was hard
>>
File: 1499969779278.jpg (174KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499969779278.jpg
174KB, 1280x720px
This fight is LITERAL Child's play so long as you have enough poise to not be staggered by the dogs. Just equip your heaviest armor and sprint up the stairs as soon as you walk in. Congratulations, you've basically already won.
>>
OP is a drooling reta-
>>
File: 1389109361058.jpg (23KB, 210x313px) Image search: [Google]
1389109361058.jpg
23KB, 210x313px
>see stairs
>dodge attacks and seek high ground out of instinct
>dogs come up
>kill one
>think i'm safe from the capra
>nope he's coming up too
>jump down
>think he's gonna circle around the stairs
>falls on me
>run up the stairs again
>kill the second dog
>shoot arrows at capra while he's circling around
>jump down
>dodge him
>slash him while he's stuck in landing animation
>retreat back up and repeat until he's dead
>come to /v/ and see everyone devastated after getting served by capra and his hounds
>>
>>384443889

>Flamelurker first try
>He gets stuck on something on the ground
>Can safely poke him to death with a spear
lol
>>
>>384439956
>caring about a fair fight
>in a game that's about overcoming challenges
if the mechanics of the game aren't literally up to chance (not Dark Souls) its fine
>>
Dark souls is one giant excercise in masochism. Capra demon was the tip of the giant throbbing dick that is this game, every obstacle I beat there is something more hideous and more frustrating waiting around the next corner ready to fuck me into the pavement and for some reason I keep coming back.
>>
y'all the faggots who dropped dmc3 at cerberus
>>
>>384439956
literally beat this on my first try. just dodge and run up the stairs if you have half a brain you can see how that's how you're suppose to do this.
>>
>>384445242
no you're just shit
>OMG A FIGHT, TIME TO LOCK ON!!
acquire brain cells
>>
>>384439956
Reminder that DSP beat him FIRST try
if you didn't, you are worse than him
>>
>>384440152
>>384440447
>>384440474
>>384440578
>IT'S EASY IF YOU ALREADY KNOW HOW TO BEAT IT!!!

fucking retards
>>
>>384455567
you're just bad at videogames, can you admit that?
>>
>>384439956
i had more trouble with the tarsus demon than this guy (bc first play through)
>>
>>384455638
LE LE GIT GUD MEME MEME FACE XD
>>
>>384455526
This is bullshit, no he didn't
>>
File: medium.jpg (21KB, 371x500px) Image search: [Google]
medium.jpg
21KB, 371x500px
>nobody has posted this yet
>>
>>384439956
Nigga, I suck at Dark Souls and I did this on my third try. Why is everybody just ignoring the stairs. Why can't you faggots adapt.
I can't even count how many times I got wasted by those treefags when you head down darkroot garden Capra is babby tier ez in comparison.
>>
>>384455768
so you can only resort to shitposting. I am not memeing. if you cannot react to the opening attack and analyze this fight than you're videogame knowledge is below average to say the least. Just be honest that you aren't very skilled and then I can accept your frustration with this fight.
>>
>>384442592
It's the fucking depth of perception that fucks with me. Always a step too far.
>>
>>384442913
That's been my experience throughout the souls games. 1 is hard. 2 is hard. Back to 1 and it's easier. 3 is hard, back to 1 and 2 and it's easier.
>>
>>384441338
Dark Souls is designed around little REAL consequence for dying so you can try different strategies repeatedly. In which case if you never tried running up the stairs then you should probably think a little harder next time.
Of course this is just a bait thread anyway so I don't know why I'm being logical.
>>
>>384442216
There was also less people complaining about asinine shit like this so don't try to cover your ass.
>>
>>384439956
Dark Souls was easy with several difficulty spikes due to janky design.
>>
>>384450904
Player's first play throughs also very heavily.
If you got completely no experience or knowledge about the game and its predecessor it's already a lot harder
I didn't know what scaling was, what poise did, what iFrames are and how to use them. I leveled resistance and didn't know upgrading armor and shields is almost useless.
Now add that I chose Wanderer as the starting class with no poise whatsoever and bought a rapier at the merchant because I thought it looked cool.
I had one of the worst possible builds a beginner could have for that fight.

Now compare that to some guide reader and tutorial watcher who already played DeS or to someone who just happened to have the right gear/stats to make up for the lack if of skill that most noobs have.

This and also your personal dodge rythm and favourite direction is why so many people experienced boss difficulty so radically different
>>
>>384440893
It's one boss fight where having poise makes it absolutely trivial. But if you are without it, you are going to get owned repeatedly because the dog lunge will stagger you just enough for capra's overhead double smash to connect. Especially if you are a beginner which you will be because it's very early in game.
I used to chuck firebombs over the wall to kill the dogs before entering the fog gate
>>
I gotta say, just started playing dark souls 1 and this has to be the worst pc port I've ever played. All of the controls are in xbox controller when I'm using mouse and keyboard. The curser is annoying and stays on screen. Fighting more than 1 enemy is fucking trash, flicking the mouse slightly causes you to change targets. navigating the menu is giving me autism
>>
>>384455567
>YOU MUST KNOW HOW TO BEAT THE GAME TO FIGURE OUT HOW STAIRS WORK

I wonder who's the retard
>>
how dat ps3 emalader comin along?
can i play dat demon's souls fo free at reasonable framerates yet?
>>
File: 1500149221859.jpg (89KB, 388x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500149221859.jpg
89KB, 388x500px
>>384457942
Kys and never play a video game ever again in that order.

I dont care what these autist fucks think they are proving with their "git gud" attitudes but to me that boss was a bitch. This is the only part in speed runs i have a problem with because its random and in a small space. Sometimes the dogs cut me off before i can get up the stairs Not even SIF was this annoying. so yes there is some merit to the critique.
>>
>All these "Just block" niggas
>All these "Run up the stairs" niggas

Am I the only one who just tanked the dogs outright while swinging on them, then solo'd Capra?

I've even heard of some people being so lame as to throw dung pies over the wall to poison him.
>>
>>384458343
>Relying on the stairs

That's your problem, famalam
>>
File: 1500415544801.jpg (1MB, 1038x1211px) Image search: [Google]
1500415544801.jpg
1MB, 1038x1211px
>>384442685
>PRESS BUTTON WHEN BIG ENEMY ATTACK
>SO HARD
And they say dark souls players aren't retarded. Jesus christ.
>>
>>384458538
Have you not been reading the thread? Thats what most people do. Btw i mentioned this would be a speed run so no i dont have the poise nor the stamina to tank capra while simontaneously take om the dog. Enlightened me cunt. Point of this thread, well at least to me, isnt to say its near impossible but it is flawed. There are way easier bosses after this demon.
>>
>>384458749
Black Firebombs in Firelink let you wipe the dogs really easy.

Why are you fighting Capra Demon on a speedrun anyway?
>>
>>384458749
>>384458843
Notably, I always kinda just used the Black Firebombs to hose the first Necromancer in the Catacombs because I like to rush Gravelord Great Sword and beat Pinwheel as my first boss.
>>
>>384458343
my dad works at steam and im going to get dark souls taken down for being such a shitty game, i literally have to get a mod that reduces my dmg taken by 50% just to play this broken shit
>>
>>384439956
You can kill this boss just with skill. As a matter of fact, you can beat the whole game without ever leveling up by just being good. Isn't that the definition of fairness?
>>
>>384442913
>play game a lot
>suddenly good at game
Wow, what the fuck happened?
>>
>Capra unfair
Just fucking git gud.

>Dodge roll the charge and keep running because why the fuck would you stay near him and the dogs? Anyone can see the damn stairs.
>Shield block it and run
>Have high poise armor and just run

Every one of these options works and is pretty fucking obvious.
Only players who never think and just ram their head into a wall until it "works" cry about Dark Souls being unfair.
>>
>>384460626
Enjoy dying to four kings a thousand times.
>>
File: 1494257185026.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1494257185026.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
>>384439956
the graphics didn't age well
>>
>>384461165
I've completed 2 SL1 runs before, you would know that 4kings is one of the easiest bosses of the run if you had too. The only challenging part is O&S, everything else is just the usual stuff for someone who's played the game for so many hours.
>>
>>384439956
Literally the easiest boss in the game.
>>
>>384439956
>Not posting the bridge dragon
That was the only real unfair part for me.
>>
>>384439956
>just roll bro
>get trapped against a wall with one dog behind and in front of me while the Capra demon is to my left
>>
>>384462071
Just roll properly, bro
>>
>>384461418
I did a low SL run but I quit on 4 kings, that fight is BS. I made it through O&S though.
>>
>>384439956
>Dark Souls is hard ...
this is where you are wrong. It's punishing, yes, but there are definitely harder games out there.
After you've got the timing down, almost no enemy can harm you, unless you do some very stoopid shit.
>>
>>384463359
he didn't say it's the hardest game
maybe there are harder games but it's hard too
>>
> All these people posting their autistic roll/block strategies
> Not knowing all you need for this fight is decent poise
>>
>Capra fight
>All I got is a shitty Wood Shield and +5 Estoc
I didn't want to get this done in 10 tries anyway
>>
>>384439956
literally the easiest boss
learn to use shield fag
>>
>>384439956
Dumb fucking scrubcuck, can't even beat the meme boss of a meme game, kys noob loser
>>
File: 1386402377067.jpg (35KB, 271x284px)
1386402377067.jpg
35KB, 271x284px
>People will still unironically defend the dragon bridge
>>
>>384440152
I hate this meme. People who say the boss sucks because of the room and say every single fight needs to be a 1 on 1 in a wide open space are literally no fun allowed.
>>
ITT: People who can't beat Capra without abusing the staircase glitch
>>
>>384439956
>Bait threads don't exi-
>>
>>384439956
>Use Ultra Greatsword: The boss
>>
>>384455925
I somehow made it here before realizing the Drake Sword was a mistake. Kicked my ass until I came back with a Black Knight Sword and, although still a challenge, I got those shits.
>>
File: MEMES.jpg (113KB, 675x519px) Image search: [Google]
MEMES.jpg
113KB, 675x519px
>>384439956
>>384464236
Haha, look, I'm gonna do it. Ready? Here I g-
>>
File: memes.jpg (137KB, 675x519px) Image search: [Google]
memes.jpg
137KB, 675x519px
>>384464890
>Haha, look, I'm gonna do it. Ready? Here I g-
Haha, look, i'm gonna do it. Ready? Here I g-
>>
>>384463261
>stone set
>lighting reinforced mace
>whack em till they die
>chug estus when needed
This is the go-to strat against 4kings, regardless of SL.
>>
>>384439956
Capra is just a casual filter.
>>
>>384455925
Sorry, anon, I was running a STR build.
>>
>>384446828
>Invade Capra's home
>kill his dogs
Was Cursed Undead the true monster?
>>
>mfw first Dark Souls game was DS3
>Didn't want to overlevel, turns out I was painfully underlevelled with almost no Health
>Kept getting one/two-shotted by bosses
>Ask for advice on /v/
>Everyone call me a filthy casual that cannot git gud
>Ask them what was their build
>Everyone beat the bosses I was stuck at at SL 60-80 with minmaxed gear
>Bosses weren't even that late into the game

Are Dark Souls fans all this casual? I beat most of Dark Souls 3 at SL 30 and I consider myself bad at Action games. Do people really need 100 levels to steamroll the game with sheer stats?
>>
>>384442913

Most Demon's Souls bosses were more of a puzzle than a test of skill.
Even some that seem like a straight up fight had gimmicks to them you could figure out and cheese through.
So it is one of the easiest to play through again but it was made to be that way.
>>
>>384465698
Sounds more like ATF, did Capra shoulder a pistol with a stock?
>>
>>384466135
Nah, he's just black.
>>
>>384439956
honestly beat that faggot on my first try and have NEVER had any problems with him. i dont think he's ever killed me any playthrough, no matter what NG+
>>
>>384466004
90% of the levels in most dark souls games are fucking pointless. There is Vitality, Enduances, and Damage Scaling stats.

Vitality, Strength/Dex, and Endurance are the only stats that matter at all in a basic playthrough.
>Endurance barely matters because you start with enough stamina.
>Strength/Dex kind of matters, but it can be skipped since most damage comes from upgrading the weapon itself. That is why SL1 runns are possible. Just make sure you have enough to wield you weapon.
>Vitality is the most important stat in the game. 40 Vit makes it so no boss can instant kill you. And that basically makes it impossible to die since estus and rolling are OP.

So basically, you can steamroll the game at level 40 if you just put it all into Vit since the game is fucking stupidly balanced. Most people just leveled up more since they are not autistic and used the xp the game gave them.
>>
File: 1492740265310.jpg (13KB, 245x246px) Image search: [Google]
1492740265310.jpg
13KB, 245x246px
>>384455567
It's also easy if you happen to be using a claymore or some such and the dogs die at the start.

But yeah, dark souls fans will defend anything, even hellkite bridge.
>>
>>384468065
it's things like hellkite that make the game great
>>
Is Dark Souls 2 a game that is Fun and Good?
>>
File: 1494676848982.png (578KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494676848982.png
578KB, 800x400px
>>384469149
its pretty fun, not that great
still worth playingat least once
>>
>>384470626
My honest opinion is it's not even worth playing once. Dark Souls 2 is a shit game, not just a shit souls game.
>>
>>384469149
It's fun to laugh at.
>>
>>384469149
Its better than the pile of shit that is Dark Souls 1, but its still a Dark Souls game, and its used as the scapegoat to pretend this series doesnt suck dick overall, specially the first game.
But yeah fuck off i know you are a soulsfag and already know what people will answer to your question.
>>
>>384473261
Kill yourself goddamn retard
>>
>>384455567

The solution to multiple enemy encounters is literally always positioning and it's a small room with stairs. It's not that complicated.
>>
>>384439956
difficulty is always subjective, dark souls just capitilised on it as a concept.
>>
File: 1500117285310.png (50KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
1500117285310.png
50KB, 408x439px
>people are too dumb to look up the guide, get the Drake Sword and beat that nigga up ez mode
It's like you people want to be miserable.
>>
>>384439956
>Dark Souls is hard
Wrong
>>
>>384443149
I played it blindly and after the first time I ran to the stairs and realize that the capra doesn't go up

they are there for a reason, the problem with the fight is being immediately attacked by two mobs and the boss when the previous bosses always had downtime after entering
>>
I had way more trouble with double gargoyles
>>
>>384441338
>You just have to look up guides
I guess if you're a shitter or a pansy who can't stand the thought of their character dying every once in a while.
>>
>claim it's not fair
>post a screenshot of patched casualized verison

You don't know the true horrors, child.
>>
File: 1485009079647.jpg (347KB, 1120x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1485009079647.jpg
347KB, 1120x1920px
>>384457942
https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/862-dark-souls-mouse-fix/
This is a mouse fix that has raw input (!!!), key rebinding and makes so the cursor is only visible in menus. Changed the whole game for me. Apparently there's also a newer iteration with more shit that I haven't tried. https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/890-dark-souls-input-customizer/
And obviously you need to have DSfix, idk what the fuck you're doing if you're playing without DSfix. These two things combined make the PC version objectively the best and most definitive version of the game.
>>
>>384468065
what exactly is wrong with hellkite bridge?
>>
>>384479119
trash babies who never touched demon's soul and just stood there when they took the first breath while ignoring all the chared corpses on the ground complaining how "it's impossible to see it coming"
>>
File: VM4E3.jpg (176KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
VM4E3.jpg
176KB, 1280x800px
>run up the stairs
>plunging attack
>repeat

It's like you are fucking retarded or something
>>
what is so difficult about using plunge attacks against capra demon? the only difficult part is killing the two dogs before you die then the rest is easy.
>>
File: 1500238809805.png (40KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
1500238809805.png
40KB, 152x254px
>>384439956
>mfw someone cries about Capra Demon but they don't even know about Bed of Chaos
>>
>>384479119
How should you know that the dragon will come a few seconds after you trigger it. You can't run past fast enough to get to safety before the dragon comes. You have to know the dragon will come after you get on the bridge then back up and wait for him. You also have to assume the dragon will just ignore you for some reason once he's perched. The fire also extends past the charred parts so you don't know how far back the fire extends. At least in 1-2 of DeS the fire mostly stayed as far back as the charring was.

This isn't even like that one dragon bridge in 1-1 of DeS since at least on that bridge you can run all the way across the bridge before the dragon comes.
>>
Demon's is the closest they ever got perfection and even that game has serious flaws. Every Souls game is fantastic.
>>
>>384442913
Very few Demon's Souls bosses were just purely combat oriented though.

I mean the Old Hero dude you were supposed to take advantage of his blindness, then the next boss in that area was really just a rush for the skysword (maybe different if you were ranged but I'm not a faggot so I dunno). Dragon King wasn't even combat, Phalanx and Tower Knight were pure gimmicks, ect.

The two main proper "fuck your shit up" bosses were Flamelurker and Old King Allant (False King Allant? I forget his exact name). Maybe those gargoyle precursors too, and the boss before them in the church I don't remember so good.
>>
>>384439956
>>Dark Souls is hard but fai-
Unless it's a pay to win junk, there's no such thing as an "unfair" single player game.
>>
>>384480003
nice bait
>>
>>384447562
Actually you sound like a complete liberal slimebag. People come on here to argue about shit, and when you join in and get fucking wrecked you just snivel "h-heh, w-who cares anyways guys t-this is stupid" to save face. Absolutely pathetic tbqh fampaitichi.
>>
>>384471098
Still better than ds3 and bloodborne.
>>
>>384439956
I don't understand why people have so much trouble with this ""boss""
I beat him on my second try without looking it up
>>
File: 4588718-f5cdcafceff877ea.jpg (30KB, 440x524px) Image search: [Google]
4588718-f5cdcafceff877ea.jpg
30KB, 440x524px
Why are all the games that are always made popular for how difficult they are not actually that difficult at all?
>>
The boss can be annoying but the real bullshit is the path that leads up to it, you have to go through 5-10 minutes of bullshit before you can even get another shot at the boss
>>
>>384481518

Even the original IWBTG isnt all that difficult. The spawns of Satan himself outrank him, by a HUGE margin.

It's been at a point where everyone in the community hates the original, and other newer fangames have production value beyond it. It's just aged very very poorly and a "difficult" meme "hard because its hard" game.
>>
>>384480151
Not baiting. A game can be ridiculously hard, even impossible. It's the designer choice and there's nothing "unfair" about it.

The only conditions that turn a game unfair are when the game put you in an impossible situations to squeeze more money out of you or when another player cheated / gets unfair advantage over you. and that can only happen in p2w or multiplayer.
>>
>>384441575
>>384457231
Are people actually this retarded? All you do is have a normal reaction time to roll out of the way of capras first swing and then the dogs die in 2 hits. If you needed to pose stack or some shit your casual trash
>>
>>384442592
>>384442886
>>384443179
>>384443601
I did him in about 5 tries. Gael was much bigger issue for me
Thread posts: 224
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.