[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disregard everything else about the game. What did you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

Disregard everything else about the game. What did you think of the world of Horizon Zero Dawn? Game gets a lot of praise for it but I think its overrated
>>
I think everything about this game is just dry and uninspired.
>>
That dinosaur looks like a skeleton in the thumbnail.
>>
I think it's pretty cool
techno-caveman
>>
>>384438426
poor, western design is uninspired most of times
>>
>>384443369
>implying Jap design is more inspired
they're just as unoriginal in their own way
>>
women aren't warriors or leaders
>>
>>384438426
Great landscape. Loved most of the art. Stealth was shit, guns were stupid, and weak as hell. I got about about half way so I cant speak for the plot, but from what I did learn of it.....LOL really? come on.
>>
File: 1464494946571.png (225KB, 344x407px) Image search: [Google]
1464494946571.png
225KB, 344x407px
If there was ever an example of a "empty" open world, this would be it. I love alot of things about the game, especially the graphics and fighting robo-dinosaurs, but fucking Christ there is nothing to fucking do while walking to point A to B except look at the gorgeous eye-candy environment. Why are the side-quests so spread out abd that you almost never met them on the road? Why are they all bunched up here in Meridian? Why doesn't the ""dangerous"" bandits ever venture out from their hide-outs, either? Having them attack camps of people or try to rob you on the road would have been atleast something.

Also, why do all the quests act like Aloy is some god-tier tracker? There was a side-mission here where some thieve stole a sword from a rich man and no one knew where he went, yet there was a fucking BLOOD-trail right next to the people who gave me the mission. Seriously, no one could have looked at that shit? There's another main quest where you find a supposed battlefield but figure out that the people there were killed somewhere else, and see yet again, a goddamn huge bloodtrail with cart marks right next to the scene. C'mon
>>
>>384443369
weeb design is derivative all the time
>>
>>384438426
I had fun playing it (although it was more fun when no one was running their stupid mouth), but it was ultimately forgettable.

The fact that it had an incredible amount of really stiff competition right before, during, and after its release didn't help, either. That was one hell of a release period, earlier this year.
>>
>>384443523
This is a correct statement
>>
>>384438426
The game was graphically impressive, but technically barren and predictable cinematically.
>your average AAA title
I liked Nier better
>>
>>384444230
>empty
I don't know wtf you are talking about, yeah there aren't radiant quests but there are little random encounters all over the place. Machines are not always at their machine sites, and often you will run in to random herds and convoys of machines or bandits / friendly humans travelling the roads or along the riverbanks; enemy types who are not supposed to be there at all according to the map. You bump into scenes of machines fighting bandits who are hostile to you anyway or allies who will reward you if you save them. You come across randomly placed dead big machines to entice you into looting them only to find out that the corpse is the property of machine scavenger vultures / hyenas who assault you and alert all the machines in the vicinity to where you are. These same scavengers have a chance of randomly appearing whenever you kill a powerful machine to try and steal all the loot from the corpse before you get to it. There are travelling herds of herbivore-like machines who will skitter away and relocate if you intimidate them enough or will all attack you at once if they think they can kill you.

it's really not empty at all, and if you don't have stealth armor you will constantly be running for your life as you travel (assuming you play on the harder difficulties.)

Try setting the difficulty to ultra hard and stop using fast-travel all the time.
>>
>>384438426
>What did you think of the world of Horizon Zero Dawn?
it was just tree generating middleware choked heightmaps like every other "open world" game
>>
Had fun playing it, did platinum it and never touched it again.
Then got mad at the fact they added 2 new trophies for the shit difficulty and NG+ patch. I don't feel like bumrushing through NG+
>>
>>384444444
>>
>>384446214
>shit difficulty
all the other difficulties are shit
>>
>>384438426
It's the type of world where you always follow the quest marker straight to the goal
>>
>>384446214
why do you care about trophies?
>>
File: 1483825215689~01.jpg (111KB, 684x912px) Image search: [Google]
1483825215689~01.jpg
111KB, 684x912px
>>384444230
The bandits do venture out, As well as other hunters. Sometimes they hide in bushes waiting to abush you, other hunters or a shell-walker cargo trail. You would encounter if you don't fast travel. The tracking mechanic and some of the side quests were made by CDPR hence its quite similar to Witcher's 3 quest order, A lot of people who played Wither 3 doesn't seem to have problems with this game. Also not all quest are bunched up in Meridian. Oseram, Sunfall and the Embrace areas has their own quests

Clearly you didn't actually played the game and just watched some guy play it
>>
I thought it was pretty good.
>>
File: 130775871946.jpg (42KB, 437x598px) Image search: [Google]
130775871946.jpg
42KB, 437x598px
>>384447880
Gotta have my 'cheeves!
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.