[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we hate this game again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

File: main_thumbnail-d3f9af022248723a.jpg (296KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
main_thumbnail-d3f9af022248723a.jpg
296KB, 1024x576px
Why do we hate this game again?
>>
>we
sageru
>>
File: 1500254696167.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1500254696167.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>>384436269
Who hates this game?
>>
Autists hate it because it shits on their quasi white supremacist fantasy canon. It's actually pretty fun albeit derivative of other games (Bamham, AssCreed) but the nemesis system is fucking rad and I can't wait to see how they expand in the sequel.
>>
Shit tier combat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AV9W2ZdmjU
>>
It's not amazing, but dammit if it's not a lot of fun.
>>
>>384436269
It's alright, fun in small doses. You will almost never see the nemesis system in action unless you die on purpose or just suck
>>
The gameplay is completely braindead. The only time you will ever die is if an Orc captain has the 1 hit kill and no comeback chance traits.
>>
File: nowayfag.png (1MB, 800x1125px) Image search: [Google]
nowayfag.png
1MB, 800x1125px
>>384436269

>Bamham combat that grows stale after 3 fights
>INCREDIBLY dull world
>basically 5 side missions and they're all the same
>Only 1 human NPC model and it's a generic bald dude
>pointless collectables
>extremely easy
>Nemesis system is just a meme
>takes hours and hours and hours to be remotely challenging
>It rapes established canon
>QTE bosses.

>>384436503

See a retard thinking the nemesis system is good, when he's actually just repeating something he heard.
>>
the one tiny feature the game has is so utterly flawed. you have to sit up in a tower an advance time 800 times to make the uruks a challenge, otherwise the game is beyond piss easy.

>my wife was murdered
>i want revenge!
>6 hours later
>here's a new love interest!
>>
>>384436269
Normal modes is too easy, not like baby mode easy like after a few levels you are actually invincible.
Which makes it impossible to lose and ruins nemesis mode.
>>
>>384439081
I don't give a shit about lore or canon but pretty much all of this
>>
>>384436269
Awful story
Lore raping
Awful gameplay
Awful writing
The Nemesis system is nice in theory
>>
>>384439081
>See a retard thinking the nemesis system is good, when he's actually just repeating something he heard.
I don't understand why people shill on the nemesis thing so much, I felt it barely impacted the gameplay.
I agree with the last part because people really are just sheep. Reminds me when Gone Homo released and it started getting all these rad reviews and a bunch of dudes in a normiebook group started saying how Gone Homo was like Game of the decade and shit and they were really just circlejerking around the "game",
>>
>>384437109
You don't have to die to advance shit.

You can pass time at a tower and events will resolve themselves and captains will gain power or get fucked up. You can also manually do the events in ways that power up the captain of the mission instead of ganking them or making them fail.

The best parts are defeating captains in certain ways such as hornets or fall damage or fire. As long as you don't decap them they usually will come back with more wounds and shit all over them.

Though you do have to die to get certain dialogue bits in future encounters.
>>
File: ..jpg (12KB, 280x196px) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
12KB, 280x196px
>>384439081
>>384439118
>>384439219
>>384439229
>>384439371
>>384436546
Then why did I have fun playing it?
>>
>>384436269
70 gigabytes
>>
its not my favorite but i dont have the time or energy to hate any video games, anyone who genuinely does should reconsider their life choices.
>>
>>384439520
You are a casul scrub
>>
>>384439371
>awful things
>isn't really awful, just average to nice
>doesn't really rape the lore that much considering it takes place in a timeframe not covered by any material

??????????????

a better question is why is /v/ hyperbolic?
>>
>>384436269
It was nice for a bit, but it's repetitive as fuck. If they improved the nemesis system it'd be much better. Game starts off with a bit of challenge, gets easy as fuck with some upgrades.

Played through it once and had my fun, so i guess that's enough.
>>
>>384439520
Because you have shit taste. Some people like to literally eat shit during sex, does that mean eating shit during sex is good?
>>
heist japanese
>>
>the game felt unfinished and short
>the maps, even 2 different areas, are so plain looking
>literal 1:1 copy of bam ham combat that might turn off for some
>the plot is mediocre at best, awful at most
>the endboss is just awful
>fell into the usual Ubisoft open world trap where there's a lot to do but they're repetitive as shit
It's still pretty fun since the nemesis system carried the whole thing. It's not deep but it can make everything more interesting. I hope the sequel improves on that.
>>
>>384439479
Just like everyone in here circlejerking on how Gone Homo is the worst thing ever
>>
When did it all go downhill for you, /v/?

>That one tower mission where a literal thousand of them surround you inside
>>
>>384439520
You're easy to please
>>
>>384439719
Stop defending shitty games and get the fuck out of my board
>>
I really liked it and 100%'d it
The QTE bosses annoyed the shit out of me though
You don't even get to fight sauron yourself, you just press a few buttons and the character does it for you
>>
>>384439081
Idk bro, I had a blast with it. /v/ overthinks their games too much. Found myself getting overwhelmed by large groups way more often than ever in a BamHam game. Nemesis system is cool, fuck your opinion. Learning orc fears and strategies to fuck with them, having them hold grudges etc... It's a fun time wasting game.
>>
>>384440456
You get to fight him in that dlc.

Then you use the fucking ring and spam execute for 20 seconds, which isn't much better.
>>
>>384436546
Being able to counter mid-attack is a design choice that makes the game a lot easier. In the Batman Arkham games, the combat system is basically the same except once you commit to an attack, you can't interrupt it with a counter which makes the game considerably harder, and also makes it a lot easier to die to random bullshit. You can be 99% through an attack animation but get knocked out of it and then killed in Batman but in Mordor you just parry the attack.

You're also dealing with often dozens of enemies on screen in Mordor which makes the need to attack cancel a lot more needed. The guy that made that youtube video is entitled to his opinion, but to say the combat is objectively bad is wrong. It is fun and satisfying to many people.
>>
>>384436503
I haven't finished the game yet, what the hell is this about white supremacist canon?
>>
>>384439870
Aren't you proving the point that "good" is entirely subjective?
>>
>>384441171
But you can cancel out attacks in Arkham too
>>
Game is no masterpiece, but I'm still hyped as fuck for the upcoming game and have preordered the Gold edition (or rather, I did and then decided to use that money for P5 but will be re-preordering),

The biggest problems with the game are the boring world, the lack of difficulty, and the horrible "boss fights" that it had. From what I've seen, they're fixing all of these problems and I can't imagine the game being anything but better than the original, and if it were done perfectly, it could even be a contender for GotY, though I'd personally give NieR that.
>>
>>384439485
They only seem to come back if they killed you 2 or more times before you kill them

Which will never happen if you aren't a complete shitter
>>
>>384436503
>shits on white supremacist canon
What the fuck are you talking about you antifa autist
>>
>>384436546
>he posts destiny
lmfao fag
>>
>>384443910
tolkien is raciss n shit cuz orcs r niggers n white people run errything

sawran wuz a fuggin slave owner n shit nigga dem balragz got whips n shit dawg
>>
File: 1489712714828.png (295KB, 318x462px) Image search: [Google]
1489712714828.png
295KB, 318x462px
>>384436269
I heard it is good, i could never get the controls down though. Then again i never played ass creed.
>>
Playing all the LotR games made me appreciate all of them, and how some they all do something differently. I must admit that some parts of the game were a slog, and after WitN, I was hoping to use other weapons too.
>>
>>384446440
Like, how in WitN you can loot this shit, grab the shield and use it, that's kinda how I wanted Shadow of Mordor to be. I mean in AssCreed you still have different weapons. You could still have the wraith "reforge" them even if they're not your original stuff right?
I really like the Nemesis system. Even its bugs made it enjoyable. Oh, this guy's supposed to be permakilled? No not really, now he looks like Scarecrow.
>>
File: 1354758141540.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1354758141540.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>384436546
i never understood this argument with any of these kinds of games. "wow look, i can easily exploit the system and just make the game SUPER easy!"

by this logic, any game with a dev console on PC is not challenging because i can type in godmode or some variation of it and not die. this type of argument is stupid and has no actual value, it's not an argument. who the hell would play through the game doing that anyway? why would you not want to challenge yourself and make it interesting? just because the option is there does not mean you have to use it, just like how in games with dev consoles you don't have to type in godmode to play the game.

in nier automata the easy mode literally plays the game for you, but nobody uses this because it makes the game not fun. but the option is there, so does that mean it's an awful game too?
>>
>>384436269
I didn't like it because every time I pressed attack it felt like it was triggering a generic cutscene.
>>
>>384436423
Usually two types of people.

1. Folks that don't like the combat who either have played the game, or haven't played it at all.

2. Lorefags getting upset because a fun game doesn't follow Tolkein 100%.

3. This morning someone made a shit thread about seeing a black guy in the main trailer. I personally hope it doesn't make SoW impossible to talk about on this board.
>>
>find Uruk with no combat related weaknesses
>fight him all across Nurnen
>he defeats me several times
>truly becomes my nemesis
>finally strike him down
>he doesn't cheat death

If there was ever a time for the fucking system to work, it was that time.
>>
>>384439118
>>my wife was murdered
>>i want revenge!
>>6 hours later
>>here's a new love interest!

Who Talion has to leave alone because his Ghost buddy says they need to focus on taking down Sauron and we never see or hear from her again once she and her people escape Nurm and Mordor.
>>
>>384439719
>a better question is why is /v/ hyperbolic?
I have no idea, some shitheads on /v/ think they have to keep up what it represents to the outside that /v/ is a toxic community that hates games?

Otherwise I think it's just shitheads in general that want to shit on people who like things.
>>
File: 20170712220742_1.jpg (184KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170712220742_1.jpg
184KB, 1440x900px
>>384442148
Personally my biggest thing I'm liking about SoW is how they're making it into an action-RPG, adding gear, and expanding the Nemesis system, and even the follower system to involve being friends and having legit loyal orcs, rather than brainwashed orcs.

Long as the combat works and the story is enjoyable, I'm perfectly fine with what we're getting in Shadow of War. Even got my follower Orc here ready via Nemesis Forge.
>>
>>384444483
Basically for Shadow of Mordor, think Assassin's Creed but fun.
>>
>>384436269

awful combat system
>>
File: 20170716030944_1.jpg (161KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170716030944_1.jpg
161KB, 1440x900px
>>384447369
And since this is a thread I can talk about the game in finally, Here's my nemesis.

You'd be surprised how hard it was to find an orc that you could call your Nemesis for the next game. Took me weeks until he finally popped up. Soley because he has bloody dripping daggers and the cool hood.
>>
>>384436269
It's alright, but too easy.
>>
>>384441805
Not true. Once you press the attack button, Batman is locked into it until it finishes. I suppose that might not be true on easy difficulty, but it doesn't work that way on Normal or Hard.
>>
>>384436269
Because the combat is as simple as the core mechanics behind cookie clickers.
>>
>>384439719
>doesn't rape the lore
>let's build a new ring of power
>let's have orcs and trolls be able to travel in daylight before oloh-hai and uruk-hai were made
>let's give Sauron a belrog
>Celebrimbor is a wealth who can posses people now because why not
>rangers being at the black gate during the return of Sauron
>Nazgul are around even though the one ring has yet to make a returning presence in middle earth
>>
>>384441493
Tolkien and LoTR have tons of subtle white supremacy vibes that /pol/minded people cling to. The type of people that are mad there's gonna be a black character introduced in the sequel.
>>
>>384436269
It's a really nice game to play while relaxing.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.