[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people say the ps3 won 7th gen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 3605.jpg (2MB, 6240x1478px) Image search: [Google]
3605.jpg
2MB, 6240x1478px
why do people say the ps3 won 7th gen?
>>
Neither did, it was the gen of multiplats. I'm with you though, ps3 had fuck all and was 600 MOTHERFUCKING DOLLARS.
>>
Pretty much all of those games came out before 2009, which was when the PS3 actually started getting games.

The 360 was solid until around 2010-2011 when they started turning XBL into an advertising platform and dressup simulator.
>>
>>384428424
it didn't

the wii won hands down, both in games and popularity.
>>
>>384428424

Release dates lol

>2006
>2006
>2008
>2007
>2008
>2005
>>
>>384428591
people are going to deny/whine, but it's the truth.
>>
>>384428591
>Wii
>games
>>
>>384428424
lel who says that?

The Wii won that generation, in sales and quality.
>>
360 could've won the 7th gen, but it just gave up making games
and then the dashboard update was it's death knell

round the same time Sony suddenly switched into first gear and did laps around the Xbox, whereas it was trailing in it's first few years
>>
>>384428712
we're talking about the regular wii, not the U
>>
Wii was a console for autists and kids
>>
>>384428982
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
The Wii won but the PS3 got better towards the end and even outsold the 360.
I think the 360 was overall the better console though, even with paid online.
>>
>>384428982
But Nintendo fans would have bought it anyway.
>>
>>384428982
OK. But it won.
>>
Playing any 360 games? I got Naruto The Broken Bond, and the shit is cash. I'm not even a Narutofag, but the presentation of the game is great, and the combat is surprisingly alright.
>>384428424
>Lost Odyssey
What exactly is so great about this game? I genuinely don't get it. Kameo, I feel, got panned, but I've seen praise of Lost Odyssey that I don't understand. Also, good shit, OP.
>>
>>384428982
all consoles are
>>
>>384428982
Almost every person I know owned a single 360 or ps3 along with a wii you missed out a little.
>>
>>384428424
In won in the long run. Admittedly it took years for it to finally even get good.

Demon's Souls alone beats everything on that list. Including Halo 3 and Ninja Gaiden II which I like a whole lot.
>>
>>384428903
>did laps around the Xbox
I don't know, man. If you were a fan of Naughty Dog games, I guess. Seems to me like the 360 still beat it out overall. The PS3 just got a couple major titles late in the game. Looking at my own set of PS3 games, they're mostly multiplats and the Tomb Raider Trilogy.
>>
Retards who only play JRPGs. The PS3 has no worthwhile games that aren't JRPGs and frankly the only wortwhile JRPGs are SMT and the odd one off game.
>>
Tell me we are going to play custom games in Halo 3 when it becomes backwards compatible and I'll have a reason to not kill myself.
>>
>>384428424
Only people that didn't own a 360 during the early 7th gen actually believe this.
If you didn't own a 360, you missed out on too much.
>>384429737
Of course custom games will be there. And matchmaking, too. Halo 3 servers on 360 are still up
>>
>>384429221
>>384429408
All the games that looked kinda fun i played at a friends house, im not a nintendo fan ( i like 2 games every 5 years), i still dont get why so many people bow down to nintendo and everything they make.
>>
>>384429737
I feel like porting it to PC would really revive the game especially with forge mode and custom games
>>
>>384429049
Never saw the appeal personaly. All games looked bland with some exceptions. They threw out a lot of things out the window to fit that gameplay gimick.
>>
>>384429197
Probably, they have a lot of fans that see them like cult leaders.
>>
>>384429904
I know that but I want to relive the glory days with the population bump it's going to get with /v/.
>>
>>384429590
>>384429462
Although, on that note, fuck playing JRPGs on the 360. With the exception of Tales of Vesperia, it's better to just play on PS3. Fuck swapping disks. Although, for comparison's sake.
>4 out of 29 games on my PS3 are exclusive to it
Ratchet and Clank Future: ToD and CiT
No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise(technicality)
God of War III
Had Uncharted, but that shit got boring. Heavy Rain, too(kind of regret getting rid of that one)

>8 out of 11 360 games I own are exclusive(at least at time of release)
Forza Motorsport II
Kameo
Condemned
Tales of Vesperia
Dead Rising
Naruto: The Broken Bond
Rumble Roses XX
Crackdown
Ninja Gaiden II soon.

And I don't even have the Halos and whatnot.
>>
>>384429236
I don't play Final Fantasy but I heard people say it was the game that FFXII or 13 should have been.

Also the story was actually pretty engaging and the designs were pretty good since they were coming from that manga artist.
>>
>>384430831
>I heard people say it was the game that FFXII or 13 should have been.
That's disgusting. It's a fairly standard JRPG, from what I've seen. I guess the story might be a selling point. I don't really know about it.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.