[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FF7 Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1499507057941m.jpg (82KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499507057941m.jpg
82KB, 724x1024px
Playing though FF7 right now and I vaguely remember people on /v/ saying that you should be careful with your Materia assignment, since using magic materia will lower strength and such.

But honestly taking a small hit to my physical damage to level up Ice to Ice2 or 3, plus adding it to all, seems way better than just autoattacking everything, it's the only AoE I've got besides Cloud's limit. So I've got every one of my party members stacked with Materia of all kinds in every slot.

But it just occurred to me that what you guys might have been talking about is magic type materia fucking with Str growths, so I'll end up with Cloud or Tifa not hitting hard late game. Is that right? Am I screwing myself over playing like this? Or is Materia just a stat change while equipped?
>>
File: 1499744421302.png (326KB, 394x647px) Image search: [Google]
1499744421302.png
326KB, 394x647px
>>384427167

Also, is there any downsides to using sources as soon as I find them?
>>
File: 1487501026809.jpg (432KB, 2556x1140px) Image search: [Google]
1487501026809.jpg
432KB, 2556x1140px
I'll give you a pity bump OP.
>>
>>384427167
Just do whatever. It doesn't matter. I always equip as much materia as possible so it all gets leveled up. You'll still be able to finish the game no problem. The only thing you really need to look out for is missing a few enemy skills if you want 3 E. Skill materias with all the spells. Trine can only be learned from 2 bosses. The Materia Keeper and Goto. There are only 2 E. Skill materias available before the Materia Keeper, so Goto is your only optio for the third. He's at the top of the Wutai pagoda, so you'll have to put that quest off until you find your third E. Skill Materia. The other missable is Pandora's Box. It is only cast by the first Dragon Zombie you kill. After that, you're SOL. Dragon Zombies are located in the North Crater.
>>
File: 1499755730194.png (650KB, 770x380px) Image search: [Google]
1499755730194.png
650KB, 770x380px
>>384428187

I don't usually bother with Blue Magic since it's just such a damn hassle. Is it actually worth bothering with?
>>
>>384428502
If you want to experience everything in the game it's nice to see the full collection.

If you just want to beat the game and all the optional bosses then no; you don't need that stuff.
>>
>>384427167
Materia really doesn't matter when it comes to influencing your stats, only your HP/MP. Only if you put on a ton of green materia at once will all those small 2% or 5% or whatever decreases to your HP noticeably stack.
Neither Materia nor using Sources affect the random rate at which your characters get stronger on levelup.

>>384428502
Blue Magic/Monster Skills are powerful as fuck. They blow normal magic out of the water.
>>
related FF& question because i kinda sped through the game and wasnt big on researching materia

last speh fight, frog transform he does. Can I use transform on myself or team to turn them back? Im also getting real tried of 2 minute super nova cutscnes that make the fight 30+ mins everything try
>>
FF is the easiest JRPG series after DQ and Persona, no need to ask questions on here
>>
>>384428502
Shit's OP as fuck. Big Guard casts shell, protect, and haste on everybody. White Wind heals everybody equal to the caster's current HP. Beta is Fire 2.5 and you can get it as soon as you leave Midgar. Magic Hammer steals 100 MP from an enemy and gives it to you. Laser is Demi 2 earlier and cheaper. Aqualung in the only way to inflict Water damage other than Leviathan.
>>
>>384428804
Casting Frog on a frog turns them back to normal. I don't remember if mini works the same or not.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.