[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is easily the worst classic Metroid. Prove me wrong It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

This is easily the worst classic Metroid. Prove me wrong

It's pretty much a 1:1 remake of a game that aged terribly, with terrible level design, terrible visuals and an epilogue with a forced stealth section.

it can also be beaten in 2 hours. Was this a full price game when it launched?
>>
fusion (other M in 2D) is worse
>>
>>384423892
>>384423892
>>384423892
>>
>>384423704
*babies crying*
>>
>>384423892
Fusion is way better tho
>>
File: 837.png (197KB, 2500x1645px) Image search: [Google]
837.png
197KB, 2500x1645px
>>384423704
>>
>>384424314
bad opinion, imagine if the chozo statues gave some worthless exposition every time they were used and zebes was a lot more linear, that's fusion
>>
>>384424314
How? Linear Metroid is the worst idea ever.
>>
File: Space Shows.png (604KB, 855x581px) Image search: [Google]
Space Shows.png
604KB, 855x581px
>>
>>384423892
>>384424379
>>384424385

Fusion has a much better item progression, which is what made ZM so bad.

The briefing wasn't also bad or long, except on some parts, you'd have to be a manchild to hate something like that.
>Linearity
Most sectors require you to come back later because of closed doors and shit, so I don't what the fuck are you talking about linearity.

Also unlike ZM fusion isn't over in 2 hours (inb4 a speedrunner or a guy who knows the game by heart)

Fusion also had some of the best and most intense boss fights in the series
>>
>>384424629
Better than the open world meme that is Super Metroid.
>>
>>384424901
>item progression
this is such a minor thing in metroid I don't even know how to compare them, I never paid attention to it

>he briefing wasn't also bad or long, except on some parts, you'd have to be a manchild to hate something like that.

the problem isn't that they were long, the problem was they were so goddamn frequent and UNSKIPPABLE that they were cancerous. I'm pretty sure adam's bullshit took up more time than the cutscenes in prime 3

>Most sectors require you to come back later because of closed doors and shit, so I don't what the fuck are you talking about linearity.

are you retarded? Backtracking =/= nonlinear, those forced locked doors you're talking about arbitrarily make the game even more linear. Fusion is the second most linear metroid aside form other M (not counting meme shit like hunters or fed force)

>Also unlike ZM fusion isn't over in 2 hours (inb4 a speedrunner or a guy who knows the game by heart)

because length of a game correlates to quality right? Fusion would be a lot better if it was shorter with adam cut

>Fusion also had some of the best and most intense boss fights in the series
I won't deny this but boss fights make up a small portion of the game

>>384425079
what did he mean by this?
>>
Nobody beats the game in 2 hours their first play through its more like a 5-8. This is a bait thread anyway to stir hate between ZM and Fusion anyway
>>
>>384425079
(You)
>>
Am i gay if i only kissed aa dick
>>
>>384424901
It's not that fusion is bad by any means. It's that ZM is better and literally every other 2d metroid can be beaten in a couple hours without complex glitches.
>>
>>384425185

>item progression being minor

It's one of the main things in these games, the order in which you get the powers, Fusion gave you fun powers without spoiling shit too fast. In ZM you get everything way too fast and the sense of progression disappears.

>Cutscenes happened too often
OK I won't deny that, but they were very short. Also Adam was literally only mentioned twice in the game, what are you talking about?

>Backtracking was bad
Ok so maybe it's linear but it's way better than some open shit that seems to have 0 effort in level design, also the environments looked really nice and different from each other.

>length
Well for a SP only game you can be damn right length is important, and ffs, Adam is only mentioned twice, Once at the start of the game and at the end.

>Boss fights are not important

Lol what? It's the main attractive part of the combat

>>384425313

No I beat it in 2:30 hours when I was like 10 years old, then replayed it years later with 0 memory about it and it took me 2 hours, it's short as fuck, please don't deny this, it's a remade NES game
>>
>>384425435
desu even if that's true I do agree with Zero mission feeling incredibly short. You're in the pirate ship before you even know it
>>
I like ZM and Fusion. Fight me.
>>
>>384426023
Me too anon.
>>
>>384425748
>it's one of the main things in these games, the order in which you get the powers, Fusion gave you fun powers without spoiling shit too fast. In ZM you get everything way too fast and the sense of progression disappears.

which means nothing due to the short length of the game

>Also Adam was literally only mentioned twice in the game, what are you talking about?

You know when I say Adam I'm referring to the AI right?

>Backtracking was bad
I never said this, backtracking just doesn't mean it's linear
>but it's way better than some open shit that seems to have 0 effort in level design
what do you mean by this? Open world? no metroid game is open world
>also the environments looked really nice and different from each other.
they were artificially different based off the biome shit on the ship, ZM has way better cohesion among the world of Zebes than the ship

>length
>Well for a SP only game you can be damn right length is important,
what the fuck are you talking about, length matters far less in a handheld game than a console game

>Boss fights are not important
I never said this, I just said they make up a small part of the game
>Adam is only mentioned twice, Once at the start of the game and at the end.
again it's not the mention of Adam, it's the AI (Adam) blabbering on nonstop
>>
>>384425313
Same it took me about five and a half hours, never haven played the original. You're an anomaly, OP.
>>
>>384425748
>Also Adam was literally only mentioned twice in the game, what are you talking about?

You are aware the AI is Adam right?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.