[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a vidya character that can defeat Yahweh?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

File: God.jpg (103KB, 640x898px) Image search: [Google]
God.jpg
103KB, 640x898px
Is there a vidya character that can defeat Yahweh?
>>
Any JRPG protagonist
>>
File: Alpha.jpg (134KB, 667x533px) Image search: [Google]
Alpha.jpg
134KB, 667x533px
>>384420552
no. alpha might come close tho
>>
File: m8rMVwE.jpg (329KB, 1415x2000px) Image search: [Google]
m8rMVwE.jpg
329KB, 1415x2000px
>>384420552
SOON
>>
>>384420552
Aleph, Flynn, and Nanashi from SMT.
>>
File: tumblr_oj64cgqYgm1u9j9ygo1_500.png (109KB, 500x293px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oj64cgqYgm1u9j9ygo1_500.png
109KB, 500x293px
This little faggot
>>
Fei Fong Wong from Xenogears.
>>
Really, his "recorded" feats aren't terribly impressive other than the Great Flood, which he promised not to do again, and Creation. Creation is the kicker.

It is pretty clear from the source material that he isn't really omnipotent, omniscient, or omnibenevolent , and any claims otherwise are being made by fanboys, so it should be possible to defeat him if one could break into heaven and get close to him. This of course would mean fighting the archangels, who are damn strong, but let's ignore them for the question. If they engaged YHWH directly they would probably run into a never ending army of creatures created on the fly with power levels similar to Behemoth and Leviathan, who are also damn strong.

If YHWH could create the entire Earth and everything on it in six days before getting tired and needed to rest, he could probably monster spam for years on end before there would be an opening to attack him. You would have to kill them fast enough to the point he got worn out quickly, like making him sprint rather than do a marathon.

I would think anyone attempting to defeat him would need a party of at least three other people of comparable power to pull that off, which would be hard to find and would be more than one character obviously.
>>
>>384422241
good post
>>
>>384420552
no
/thread
>>
>>384422241
It got cut from the Bible we have, but YHWH originally created the world through combat with the chaos dragon Leviathan, something that Christians who read their bible closely would probably know since the author of Revelation still knew about it and moved it to the end as part of the remaking of the world. Apparently not understanding that it got left out because it was embarrassingly similar to every other religion fron the region's creation myth.
>>
>>384421094
can you protect this smile?
>>
>>384420552
Numidium
>>
File: latest.png (742KB, 974x558px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
742KB, 974x558px
>>
>>384423053
Yes, I've read more than one creation myth where a God/Hero defeats the personification of chaos, usually a serpent or dragon to create the world. I wasn't aware any of the texts involving YHWH had a similar vein.

It's certainly interesting and I'll have to read up on that, but for the question asked we might as well stick with what we have in main stream bibles, although not the individual interpretations that make people think YHWH is infallible.

That said, I still can't think of a single character who could take him down.
>>
>>384422241
Your scope is too small.
> In the beginning, when God created the heavens and the earth— 2 [b]and the earth was without form or shape, with darkness over the abyss and a mighty wind sweeping over the waters—

3 Then God said: Let there be light, and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good. God then separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” Evening came, and morning followed—the first day.

Indicates He created the stars, implying not merely the Earth, but the known universe, as well as foundational concepts like electromagnetic energy. Behemoths and Leviathans would be less than red shirts to Him, a serious fight would involve black hole clusters and VY Canis Majoris spawns.
>>
>>384423771
Things like that are considered "non-canon" or "apocrypha" because it reduces the religion down to what it actually is. Just myths to explain things.

Also, people already posted characters that killed *record scratch*.
>>
Kratos or the Ashen one since both have bested literal gods.
>>
>>384423396
It would he a crime not to!
>>
File: 1486599222734.jpg (416KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486599222734.jpg
416KB, 1920x1080px
Assuming his daughter is crying? This guy.
>>
>>384424032
Yeah, but those those guys aren't really the same thing. I always thought Yahweh as being like Dr. Manhattan, the kid from that one episode of Twilight Zone, or Xeno from DB Super, where they can just wish you into non-existence if they really don't like you, so there's really no way to fight them in the traditional sense.
>>
File: extend arm.gif (2MB, 613x290px) Image search: [Google]
extend arm.gif
2MB, 613x290px
>>384424364
>>
>>384420723
/thread
>>
>>384424526
You better be nice to me anon
>>
>>384424526
He's been kinda inflated over the centuries though. Sure, He might actually be practically omnipotent now, but back in the Old Testament He was just another national deity. Any character that could beat gods could beat OT Yahweh.
>>
>>384422241
I agree, and though I'm ignorant in my theology enough to confirm, Yahweh knows the entire infastructure of the known universe, and though he created it (which rules out the guarantee of instant spawn, as hinted by the 7 day build process, but not impossible) he would be able to not only find the weakness in his enemies quicker than most but would also know that no matter where he is, he has home field advantage.

Id say that his weakness is that unless he is truly an entity beyond our universe's reality, he is bound (more or less) by the same rules that any entity in our universe has. It would just be like one of those 48 hour WOW boss battles; the biggest and baddest hit him where it hurts, where they specialize, but in all honesty why go to war with the dude? Have a beer with him, hes guaranteed to habe some crazy stories and if he can't spawn a few beers, he's a fucking fraud
>>
File: Aleph-SMTII.jpg (68KB, 485x944px) Image search: [Google]
Aleph-SMTII.jpg
68KB, 485x944px
>>384420552
This dance machine
>>
File: 1474907147038.jpg (68KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
1474907147038.jpg
68KB, 500x321px
>>384423396
Yes
Just kill your friends boyo
>>
File: MT2_Armoured_Protagonist.png (570KB, 485x868px) Image search: [Google]
MT2_Armoured_Protagonist.png
570KB, 485x868px
>>384420552
The protagonist from the best Megaten
>>
>>384427706
my nibba
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.