[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BotW - the four dungeons are amazing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

Verticality, Interaction, optional solutions, no loading times, cross-room puzzles/out of box thinking, no padding (braindead enemies like in other Zelda dungeons or slow puzzles).

The hate the four beasts in BotW is literally a proof for me most "hardcore gamers" actually have no clue about game design.

Those dungeons were absolutely amazing. And the main reason they are so short compared to old Zelda dungeons is because they don't insult your intellect. There are actually optional ways to beat them, you can rush and skip things, barely any mini cutscenes or loading times, no gaes every meter, no pushing cubes, no carrying things around for minutes.

They are everything people wanted and people hate them.
>>
File: 1448898868865.jpg (37KB, 353x439px) Image search: [Google]
1448898868865.jpg
37KB, 353x439px
baby puzzles consisting of mostly shitty 3d platforming trivialized by the games advanced movements.
>>
>Redditpacing with buzzwords
You need to go back
>>
>>384420083
They all take 20 minutes at most to beat if you aren't a brainlet and all have the most boring visual design ever. It feels like they had an idea for one cool dungeon and decided "HEY LET'S MAKE THAT ALL THE DUNGEONS."
>>
I have enjoyed the fuck out of botw, the "dungeons" were okay and actually took some brain power to sokve but nothing can beat the older ones. Theres nothing wrong with enemy padding if done fine.

In all i think they should have a proper dungeon in the game aswell as the robot puzzles even just one good size one would shut up everyone and could be a great addition, honestly hoping for the final dlc thats what they will add in
>>
Every .webm I see of BotW makes it look like World of Warcraft
>>
File: Vo35fNR[1].jpg (48KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Vo35fNR[1].jpg
48KB, 640x360px
Was Rhoam a good father?
>>
>>384420083
No enemies either in a game where combat is already pointless.

I regret doing the elephant first because it turned out to be so much better than the others
>>
>>384420083
I love BOTW but no. Only good dungeon is Hyrule Castle. I REALLY hope they have more shit like Hyrule Castle in DLC2.
>>
>>384420083

With the elephant one, I thought they really missed their chance. They should have had you use the zora fins to swim up the water coming out of the trunk. I actually tried this a couple times and it didn't work. Was disappointed.
>>
>>384423185
No.

>Diary
>I regret pretty much everything I forced my daughter into and I never treated her like a real person and made her life miserable forcing her into something after the death of her mother
>I'll tell her how sorry I am tomorrow
>tomorrow never comes
>>
>>384420514

Trivializing the way someone fucking types is 20x more autistic and reddtarded than OP's actual discussion of video games on /v/.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>384420083
I enjoyed them, and I agree with the non-linear/optional approach, but they're all two short and it's a bummer they all share the same aesthetic.
>>
>>384423185
Lol no. dude fucked up big time.
>>384423550
>Zelda Diary
>Looks like i'm old enough to visit the spring of wisdom.
>still hate daddy's guts but I'll converse with him when I get back.
>...Can't shake the feeling that I realllly should take to him now otherwise I may not get another chance.
>>
>>384420083
I would have preferred if they were to have only one dungeon with their gimmick of manipulating its environment through the map and the others with new gimmicks but yeah I did enjoy them.
Don't pay too much mind to /v/ shitposting. You know they didn't actually play the game.
>>
They all have the same boring magitech aesthetic.
>>
>>384423362
What about the castle? I used Revali's Gale and went straight for Ganon
>>
>>384420083
>they don't insult your intellect

pfffhahahaha

Yeah being told how the map system works and how many of them were left every single fucking time totally wasn't insulting or obnoxious at all. Give me a break.
>>
>>384424694
not really possible given the turrets and how revali's gale works deso
but yeah the only real reason to go in the underbelly is for quest and to get the shield
>>
>>384423550
>>384424190

His diary showed that he was only hard on her out of concern for the kingdom. He never actually held her failures against her
>>
File: 1496949071458.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1496949071458.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>384420083
Autists aren't able to appreciate true ludo like the Divine Beasts.
>>
>>384425019
but he intentionally pretended to because of his shitty reasoning
how is he a good father?

now don't get me wrong he shouldn't have instead just let zelda do whatever she wanted, because she did that she didn't unlock her sealing powers before ganon's attack
BUT since he couldn't get Zelda to focus more on what she needed to he's a shitty father, all he did was be an ass to her and she retaliated, he should have tried a different approach
>>
>>384425514
>BUT since he couldn't get Zelda to focus more on what she needed to he's a shitty father, all he did was be an ass to her and she retaliated, he should have tried a different approach

He was literally going to but got killed before he could.
>>
>>384420083
>>384425117
>not coloring your zora armor red after mipha
>>
>>384425603
so what you're saying is he didn't and just wasted his time being an ass
>>
>>384425717
He had to look out for Zelda and the fate of the world. Zelda spent ten years training to no avail. It's not like he wasn't patient with her. He believed it was due to a lack of proper focus from being distracted with researching guardian shit.
>>
>>384425640
>Dyeing something that was hand made for you by your true love

Kys you fucking faggot
>>
>>384425889
he was probably right about the fact that she was distracted but he should have found a different way to convey that instead of just being angry
his method was not successful and was continuously not successful for 10 years
all he did was fuck up
>>
>>384426293
We saw him get angry at her once. He gave her a lot of freedom.

You're ripping on him for not knowing the secrets of unlocking Hylia's magic and instead pushing Zelda to work harder. He was going to ease up on her the next time he saw her before he died. He had no reason to believe Ganon was going to attack on Zelda's birthday.
>>
File: 1309130656597.jpg (137KB, 499x750px) Image search: [Google]
1309130656597.jpg
137KB, 499x750px
>>384426203
if she knew she would die and that it would be symbolic to link for it to be red she may have encouraged him to dye it
>>
File: 2ba.jpg (32KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
2ba.jpg
32KB, 680x383px
>>384426502
>encouraged him to dye it
Dye it after herself, yeah she totally would do that because that's a super modest thing for anyone to do.
>>
>>384420417
Is that supposed to be bad? Because that sounds unironically good.
>>
File: Happy_gif.gif (2MB, 400x304px) Image search: [Google]
Happy_gif.gif
2MB, 400x304px
>>384420083
Dear Diary, today OP had a good opinion and wasnt a fag
>>
>/v/ told me the divine beasts were bad
>turns out they have some of the most impressive use of a 3D environment in any videogame in recent years.

/v/ is full of shit
>>
>>384420083
I think they have some of the best layouts and designs in the series, at least for 3D dungeons.

But they're too short and all of the enemies are terrible. That's the missing thing. If the rooms had way more enemies, it'd pad them out to normal dungeon length.
>>
File: spl008405.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
spl008405.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
>>384428002
I gotta tell you, I dont want it to be, but youre right.

Those dungeons were some of the greatest gaming creations of this recent era.
But /v/ hates it, because a mixture of nintendo hating, and console wars.

It's like we cant appreciate shit. Ive yet to find a gaming forum were discussion is truly impartial. No reddit shilling, or /v/ endless shit stream. Gotta enjoy this medium on my own.
Talked to all my co workers, not only am I the only one who has nintendo nowadays, but they all tell me opinions on how shit BOTW looked or oddysey looked, and disregard my opinion of gaming completely. I have to talk Sony or overwatch

Its tough being a gamer for fun
>>
>>384428468
man i relate to this
>>
>>384428002
The biggest issue with the beasts was that they all share the same kind of Sheikah-Tech visuals and they feel really short without enemies or mini-bosses. Outside of that they're really excellently designed, if they do a BotW sequel or follow-up like MM to OoT I'd love to see a handful of dungeons like the Divine Beasts and a few more like Hyrule Castle.

>>384428468
>Talked to all my co workers, not only am I the only one who has nintendo nowadays, but they all tell me opinions on how shit BOTW looked or oddysey looked, and disregard my opinion of gaming completely

Man I'm not sure who the hell you work with, but my co-workers have damn good tastes in vidya. The guys around my age all have some regular tastes, but they're some of the only 'gamers' I've met who don't exude Reddit's essence. The older ones have played all old shit like Wolfenstein/Doom/Hexen/Zelda 1&2/Dwarf Fortress, the list goes on. It's nice to know people who occupy both the mainstream and niche genres depending on what I'm playing or talking about at the time.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.