[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tales Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 44

File: 29034728935904287932.png (504KB, 1149x645px) Image search: [Google]
29034728935904287932.png
504KB, 1149x645px
It really wasn't his fault
>>
>>384419917
He doesn't have to be a huge whiny bitch about it.
And nobody was blaming him for it happening.
They were getting tired of his constant whining.
>>
>>384419917
>blow up an entire town
>doesn't take any responsibility for it

They were just fucking tired of Luke's bullshit at that point. He was a real piece of shit. After you rescue Ion there was a cutscene where he essentially says that resucing Ion was a waste of time because I'VE GOT THE HYPERRESONANCE! He absolutely had it coming for being such a fucking twat for the whole game up to that point.
>>
>>384419917
Luke pre-haircut
>Original character
>Slowly warms to his teamembers
>His team members slowly warm to him
>Just wants a regular happy life

Luke post-haircut
>Generic JRPG hero
>Keeps apologizing for something that isn't his fault
>Self concious about being a REPLICA
>Is even less liked by his party members than before

Truly a change for the worse. Couldn't even bring myself to finish the game.
>>
>>384420175
not really, he might have been a little bitch, but the rest of the crew DID kind of blame him for the massacre, even tough almost ALL of them knew what he was, specially that fucking hypocrite jade
>>
Wow this game's graphics are aging worse than Symphonia's
>>
Tear is so goddamn hot
>>
>>384421829
I disagree. The chibi style did really not go well.
What's really fucked is the fact that there's no multiplayer on the 3DS version when the game has one of the most multiplayer fixated combat gimmics.
>>
>>384420734
>shut out literally everybody
>trust just your sword teacher
>suddenly learn you're a replica
>and that your sword teacher is actually a global terrorist that tricked you into destroying an entire mining facility and killing thousands of people
Give the kid a break, he was clearly having a mental breakdown. Having your entire party hammer down on you that it's literally your fault while fully knowing that Van was the true mastermind made everyone in your party look like a complete fucking monster.

Also asshole childish Luke is a far better character than generic shonen hero Luke.
>>
>>384422491
>generic shonen hero Luke
So you didn't play the game?
>>
>>384422997
The only thing different about him and a generic shonen hero is that he apologizes a lot.
>>
>>384423110
Do generic shonen heroes also go full suicidal and have the self-esteem of a doormat?
>>
>>384423259
Yes. Now I'm starting to doubt how much shonen anime/manga you've seen or read.
>>
>>384420175
He's literally a five year old or so to boot
He does have a vastly increased capacity for learning and the strength of his body's apparent age, but mentally he's still fucking five just about
Telling a five year old GOOD JOB YOU FAILED WAY TO FAIL, FAILURE ALSO YOU'RE A MURDERER AND AN AWFUL PERSON when it actually, truly, legitimately isn't their fault in the slightest is some seriously awful shit no matter how well it turned out in the end
Jade especially is a colossal dickfucker
>>
File: simon.png (898KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
simon.png
898KB, 1280x720px
>>384422997
It's as someone already posted. At least when he had long hair he had his own personality and character faults that distinguished him as his own characters.

But as soon as he goes through a stressful period of his life and has all his friends basically marking him as this horrible person, he turns into yet another generic main character that wants to save the world because that's what he should do and whatever.

>>384423259
>Do generic shonen heroes also go full suicidal and have the self-esteem of a doormat?
Yes.
>>
>>384420175
>And nobody was blaming him for it happening.
Nigger what?
>>
>>384419917
i cant seem to enjoy the combat in Beseria, i dont like all four of my buttons taken away and turned into an attack button, how do you guys put your arte layouts? maybe im doing it wrongly
>>
File: happy reaper of many fun.jpg (82KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
happy reaper of many fun.jpg
82KB, 640x640px
>berseria was better than p5

this makes the reaper happy
>>
where did the magic fart gas killing everyone come from
>>
File: pancake time.png (138KB, 415x414px) Image search: [Google]
pancake time.png
138KB, 415x414px
Currently playing Berseria. I just killed Melchior. How close to the end am I?
>>
>>384423645
I map my artes to the weaknesses of the enemies in the current area I'm in
So for enemy #1 I have all my artes its weak to on the one button, another button filled with weaknesses designed for enemy #2 and so on
The best way to spice up combat is to play different characters rather than op velvet
>>
>>384423401
They didn't know he was technically five at that point. Even so, he's still accountable for his actions regardless of his technical age. Besides the whole replication business is too vague, near the end when they replicate a bunch of people some of the better quality clones come out being able to speak and all that shit, so it's not like Luke's brain was at zero when he was made and spent his first year crawling and babbling like a baby.
>>
>>384423884
Fun fact: In real life there are also pockets of poisonous gasses undeground.
>>
File: 1494109032387.jpg (267KB, 722x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1494109032387.jpg
267KB, 722x1280px
>>
>>384423885
You're pretty much there already.
>>
>>384419917
Tear is a pedophile
>>
>>384423420
Simon wasn't a self-hating fag like Luke was, what are you talking about? There's a difference between risking your life to save the world and committing suicide because you consider yourself a piece of shit that deserves to die to atone for his sins.
>>
>>384423938
>Even so, he's still accountable for his actions
What actions are you referring to? He did a lot of good in the first part of the game.
>>
I just want everyone to know

I love Dezel.
>>
>>384424080
Luke is clearly not prepubecent.
>>
>>384424159
>What actions are you referring to?
Killing a fucking town? Are you retarded or just pretending?
>>
File: Tear.jpg (144KB, 1275x717px) Image search: [Google]
Tear.jpg
144KB, 1275x717px
I'm going to marry Tear!
>>
>>384423995
weren't they suppose to be way above it, did the dude pump it up into the mine
>>
File: 1494109032385.jpg (49KB, 388x549px) Image search: [Google]
1494109032385.jpg
49KB, 388x549px
>>
>>384424278
That wasn't him though. He was just a tool used by Van.
>Blame the tool, not the perpetrator
>>
>>384424237
He's five years old.
>>
>>384423645
Berseria has some of the worst combat in the whole series, in my opinion. Firstly, there's almost no challenge. I usually play Tales games on Normal, but I'm on the highest difficulty setting and Berseria is piss easy. All I have to do is check an enemies' weaknesses, set up my combos to exploit those weaknesses, and occasionally use a mystic arte. I can finish most battles without even taking damage.
The biggest problem, however, is Souls. Souls have got to be the dumbest gameplay decision ever. If you run out of Souls, you're pretty much screwed. The best way to regenerate them is to slowly attack and hope that the RNG gods bless you with a stun, so you get a new one. If that doesn't work, you can also try guarding an attack at the last second, however if you're up against only 1 enemy, it will probably be attacking your AI teammates, leaving you with no way to regenerate your Souls. And even if you can successfully block an attack, the Soul will spawn away from you, meaning you have to stop combat, run and grab it, then continue fighting. This is made even worse by the fact that your AI teammates can grab it before you.
The combat can sometimes be fun if you're attacking many enemies at once, but otherwise, it's really bad. I just hope they go back to using TP in future games, instead of Souls. Otherwise, Berseria might be my last Tales game.
>>
>>384424415
It's anime miasma, it doesn't have to make sense. Little in the Tales series do.
>>
>>384424475
I stand by my statement.
>>
>>384419917
>Jade knew literally everything about this and directly caused it to happen
>he could have prevented it
>Natalia overheard master Van talking to Luke about his suspicious plan
>hides this information; uses it to blackmail her way into the party
>Guy was going to kill Luke from the start, also knew that Van was plotting something huge
>mellowed over time, gave up on his plan but didn't actively try to stop Van
>Tear intended to kill Van from the start
>gave up and got sidetracked with work stuff
>Anise is Ion's bodyguard and responsible for him at all times
>Ion was used to open the door, without him the plan would have stalled

Literally everybody else sees how they had a part in this. They are all just as taken aback. Unlike Luke, they have a convenient place to direct their blame. Nobody really liked Luke to begin with, except maybe Guy.
The only ones who don't try to implicate Luke are Ion and Mieu. Those are the blameless characters.
>>
>>384424424
Except he's not an inanimate object, he's a living being capable of independent thought and therefore accountable for his actions even if those actions are the result of mistrusting others. Try as they might, no person can choose to "not choose" and free themselves from accountability.
>>
>>384419917
Steam version when?

I have money and I'm ready to use it.
>>
>>384424167
Zaveid is better
>>
>>384424415
>weren't they suppose to be way above it
No, everything under the layer of rock they're standing on is miasma all the way down to the liquid core of the planet. If the rock cracks, miasma comes out.
>>
>>384424853
He is, and that's okay, because I love Dezel and not Zaveid.
>>
>>384424696
Even if you don't accept Luke as a child, he is an idiot who was raised in an isolated environment by absentee parents. He does nothing but train with Van and think about Van. Van has groomed Luke from birth to do this, complete with trigger word. Luke literally didn't choose to do anything, he walked down a hallway and was subconsciously manipulated into breaking the tree.
>>
>>384424696
He might not be an inanimate object but when subjected to Van's mind control/hypnosis he might as well be. His "independeant thought" also couldn't possibly have taken his potential into account since he didn't know about it.
>>
>>384420745

He got WORSE as the game goes on. Like [I wanna kill myself worse.
>>
File: Alvin200_1913.jpg (48KB, 200x240px) Image search: [Google]
Alvin200_1913.jpg
48KB, 200x240px
now now kiddo there's no way luke can have a shittier backstory than me
>>
>>384423767
>they set up the Tales of the Abyss Akzeriuth scene in Berseria with Bienfu, complete with being on a ship when it happens
>they immediately forgive him and pardon his actions because he was under a geas and not responsible for what he did
that had to have been fucking intentional
>>
File: 1c9.jpg (30KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1c9.jpg
30KB, 500x332px
Why do people not like Tales of Destiny I and II very much?

I always remember enjoying them quite a bit as a kid. dat sunken ruins and becoming OP as fuck near the end of the game

dat snowy comfy opening on 2

I don't see why they arent praised more.
>>
>>384425230
>Riding a pleasure cruise with family
>fall through a crack in time and land in bullshit magic land
>uncle takes this opportunity to kill your father, rape your mother until she loses her mind, and employs you as an assassin

It's no wonder Alvin is a ball of complexes
>>
>>384424696
>Luke is presented with a big red button
>Pushing the big red button will destroy Akzeriuth, but Luke doesn't know that and has no way to know that
>Van is there and tells Luke that the button will make everyone happy and he should push it
>Jade is also there and knows what the button will do but doesn't say anything because he can't be bothered
>Luke pushes the button
>WHAT THE FUCK LUKE WHY DID YOU DO THAT YOU KILLED EVERYONE YOU MONSTER YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT WOULD HAPPEN HOW COULD YOU HAVE BEEN SO STUPID

This is pretty much what happened.
>>
>>384425073
>>384425146
Being an idiot doesn't free you from accountability. Being naive doesn't free you from accountability. Following another person's directions doesn't free you from accountability. People always have excuses for their mistakes, it's rare that you find someone who does bad things for the sake of doing bad things, it's always this or that, doesn't mean they didn't make a mistake and aren't accountable for it.

Also all Van's trigger word does is trigger Luke's hyperresonance, everything else was Luke's own choice.
>>
>>384424642
>The only ones who don't try to implicate Luke are Ion and Mieu. Those are the blameless characters
Ion is a cool guy, and I like him very much. I tend to like innocent childlike characters a lot (read: NOT Anise). Mieu is alright in this respect, but I can't stand mascots.

>>384425162
The only worse thing is that the pussy doesn't do it. No one really seems to have any conviction at all when it comes to killing people in that game. At least not killing people who are named characters.
>>
>>384425290
Because only the shitty Tales of Destiny came out in English, complete with puzzle translated so badly it is unsolvable without brute force

ToD:R is praised by Japs and importers, so is D2, Rebirth, etc.
Eternia is praised as well, but tales didn't hit mainstream popularity until Symphonia so it is understandable that western fans didn't go back to the untranslated sprite games
>>
>>384425479
>Being an idiot doesn't free you from accountability
>Being naive doesn't free you from accountability
>Following another person's directions doesn't free you from accountability
From a legal perspective, these things might very well free you from accountability, depending on the circumstances.
>>
>>384425479
the only thing that mattered in the slightest was the hyperresonance - what else did Luke do?! He shirked his responsibility of resuscitating townsfolk because everyone else told him to fuck off and he followed Van down a hallway!
>>
>>384425429
Jade said he was never mad at Luke for causing the tragedy at Alakazam
He was only angry because Luke went into a pity party and refused to accept responsibility or learn any lessons from it.
>>
>>384425741
>refused to accept responsibility or learn any lessons from it.
People tend to forget that Jade is a confirmed sociopath down to the animal torture and misunderstanding of the value of human life. He also sees Luke as a son.
It is totally in character for Jade to chide Luke for not learning a lesson from this without understanding that it isn't exactly the best time to bring it up
>>
File: 1443580631458.jpg (38KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
1443580631458.jpg
38KB, 500x336px
>>384419917
>tfw vesperia/abyss or destiny ps2 never ever on steam
>>
>>384425935
Maybe if we actually petitioned bamco and showed them there was interest
>>
>>384425429
>Luke is presented with a big red button
>Pushing the big red button will destroy Akzeriuth, but Luke doesn't know that and has no way to know that
>Van is there and tells Luke that the button will make everyone happy and he should push it
>Luke proceeds to tell fucking nobody of this and instead trusts Van blindly
>Turns out Van was not to be trusted
>Luke is not guilty of trusting Van because apparently you should only own up to your mistakes if they're done with malicious intent
>The people who just saw the entire town they were sent to protect helplessly collapse killing hundreds, and came within an inch of death themselves should be sympathetic of the person whose mistake brought it all upon them
>A person they already hated with every fiber of their being due to being an insufferable bitch with delusions of grandeur
>>
>>384425741
Luke had no responsibility. None whatsoever. He had no way to know what was going to happen and no reason to believe that what did happen was going to happen. Luke's course was set by the actions of those around him. Anyone in the party could have stopped to talk to Luke and explain what was going on, but they didn't. No one treated him like an actual human being, they all shafted him and they all patronised him which fed his dislike of their group and led to him happily following Van when Van showed up.

The rest of the party could have prevented what happened, but they didn't, their actions directly led to Luke being manipulated by Van. The rest of the party was responsible for what happened, especially Jade. Luke wasn't responsible for anything. And yet throughout the game Jade repeatedly scolds Luke and reminds him that everything was totally his fault and not Jade's.
>>
File: 1487422388551.jpg (171KB, 1520x1604px) Image search: [Google]
1487422388551.jpg
171KB, 1520x1604px
>>384425998
>>
>>384426082
>>Luke is not guilty of trusting Van because apparently you should only own up to your mistakes if they're done with malicious intent
Good intentions isn't the defence. The defence is that he had no way to know any better because no one told him anything.
>>
>>384425741
You just massacred a whole town

>What? I thought I helped my mentor save everyone

Nope you killed literally everyone in that town. Now what did you learn from this experience.

>What the fuck? It wasn't my fault. I had no idea...

Holy shit! Grow up you big baby.

How was this a reasonable response?

>>384425907
Oh, it wasn't
>>
>>384425679
Only if you are actually clinically mentally challenged. Being an idiot, a moron, gullible, etc. might get you a lessened punishment, eg involuntary manslaughter instead of a stronger penalty, but you don't kill a shitload of people and get to walk away scott free.
>>
>>384426418
Groomed children aren't responsible for seducing adults
>>
>>384422491
not to mention the whole "I'm slowly dying thing and the people I thought were my parents don't give a shit about me anyway" thing
>>
>>384426082
>Luke proceeds to tell fucking nobody of this and instead trusts Van blindly
Of course he does. He's known Van for years and buildt a relationship with the man, even if it turns out to be one-sided. The alternative is to trust a bunch of strangers who either tries to kill him or doesn't like him. The exception being Guy, but Guy doesn't say anything.
>>
>>384426418
>but you don't kill a shitload of people and get to walk away scott free
What are soldiers acting on orders from their superiors?
>>
>>384426418
>seven year old trusts his father-figure
>father-figure tells him to do something good
>person who sees kid like a son does nothing despite knowing what was going to happen
>seven year old does what his father-figure told him
>gets all the blame pushed onto him by everyone he cares about
>they never get called out for doing this to a seven year old

Are you saying if you were told by someone you trust implicitly, and pretty much everyone likes and considers a good guy, tells you to do something you want to do that you're told will help a lot of people, and it turns out they tricked you into launching nukes, you're to blame for it?
>>
>>384426849
Are you being facetious?
>>
>>384426917
>they never get called out for doing this to a seven year old
I wouldn't say that. Natalia and Anise get their shit rocked in short order vis "everything I ever believed is a lie and everyone was lying to me" and "I am directly responsible for the death of the most important person to be" respectively.
Guy realized he was being a dick once he had time to cool off and came back for you, Tear is too boring to have emotions, and Jade is a broken person so they didn't have to deal with anything.
>>
File: Jade_Status_(TotA).jpg (257KB, 800x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Jade_Status_(TotA).jpg
257KB, 800x1024px
WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA
>>
>>384423420
>>384423373
I also wish Luke became more confident and happy after a while.

I wish he had a monologue before the final showdown with Van (and all of the God-Generals) telling them why they were pieces of shit for wanting to genocide everyone and use innocent people to do it because muh free will.

>It wasn't Score that killed those people and plunged the world into chaos. It was you.
>>
>>384426917
>pretty much everyone likes and considers a good guy
Yeah it's not like his sister tried to kill him or he was just in jail the second before talking to Luke.

Luke didn't deserve the full brunt of the blame and it's not like anyone tried to put him in jail for what he did but if your mistake kills a fuckload of people and nearly costs the people standing in front of you their lives, maybe saying "it's not my fault!" is not the correct course of action. Maybe, just maybe admitting you just made a mistake would be better.
>>
File: 1407176546931.png (150KB, 540x480px) Image search: [Google]
1407176546931.png
150KB, 540x480px
>>384419917
Luke is the worst Tales protagonist and Abyss has the worst main cast.

These are facts.
>>
He was a whiny bitch but in many ways it wasn't really his fault. The others blamed him so hard because the needed a scapegoat to avoid taking responsibility themselves.

That said the male portion of the cast is ok. The females are terrible though.
>>
>People complaing about post haircut Luke

How the fuck do you expect him to act? Setting aside the Azeriuth stuff, he's going through possibly the worst kind of identity crisis ever AND he's dying the whole damn time. His whole life was a lie, his "parents" barely gave a shit, and the only person he ever looked up to was just using him. Any one of those would be enough to fuck the average person up, let alone a child.
>>
File: ToA Guy.jpg (75KB, 968x668px) Image search: [Google]
ToA Guy.jpg
75KB, 968x668px
Who here switched to Guy as soon as you had the chance? I find the way he fights more comfortable than Luke's.
>>
>>384427659
>worst Tales protagonist
Luca
>>
>>384427830
As soon as I had the chance I switched to Natalia
>>
>>384427741
Ion's pretty cool girl
>>
>How could you trust the one man who didn't treat you like a burden and was the sole joy in your ridiculously sheltered life?

Fuck I REALLY hated the rest of the party for just abandoning him like that. Van was literally Lukes surrogate father. He would never NOT trust him.
>>
>>384427830
I swapped between Guy, Luke, and Anise fairly often
>>
>>384427830
Of course. He plays like an actual Tales protag instead of a clunky, un-fluid mess, and you don't have to do ridiculously convoluted events to get his arts.

>>384427937
This is also good taste. She was the only other tolerable character in the party aside from Guy.
>>
File: Yggdrasill.jpg (377KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Yggdrasill.jpg
377KB, 1024x1024px
Reminder that Yggdrasill was right, Lloyd and friends accomplished nothing in the end.
>>
>>384428186
Ultimately it didn't matter who won or was "right", it was a battle of conviction, that Lloyd won.

It's why he said he wouldn't change a single thing he had done when he dies, and Lloyd just keeps chugging along.

I think a lot Tales games are like that, there are simply two completely incompatible views of how the world should be, and neither is particularly any "better" than the other, but it boiled down to who felt the strongest and would never stop until they accomplished it.
>>
File: Colette.Brunel.full.1536290.jpg (322KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Colette.Brunel.full.1536290.jpg
322KB, 800x800px
>>384428186
>reunited the worlds
>created a new world tree
>ceased the mana cycle
>destroyed the Desians
>ended the sacrifice of Chosen
>spawned entirely new Summon Spirits
>destroyed all Exspheres and ended their production
>liberated all human ranches
>punched a smug shota in the face
>unlike most Tales characters their legacy is provable by the existence of Phantasia
>protected Best Girl's smile

I'd say Lloyd and company were pretty successful.
>>
>>384424096

Simon struggled with self doubt right until the final fucking episode.

Did you actually watch TTGL or do you just read the epic meme posts on Reddit?
>>
>>384428740
???
Simon is confident as fuck after he GIGA DRILL BREAKAAAS aside from the one episode where everyone gets mindfucked.
>>
>>384428047
>>384428162
I liked Anise too as a front liner. Never got too comfortable playing casters in a Tales game.
>>
>>384427752
It would be more original and quite possibly better if he stood by his innocence and did a "No, I won't apologize because I did nothing wrong."
>>
Never played a Tales game before. Should I play Vesperia, Graces F or Xillia?
>>
File: ludger.jpg (106KB, 460x640px) Image search: [Google]
ludger.jpg
106KB, 460x640px
Is Ludger the most tragic Tales protag?
>>
>>384429418
Vesperia naturally leads into Xillia as the engine develops, so those two either first or last
Graces uses an entirely different fighting system that continues in Zesty/Berseria.
>>
>>384429078
Anise was perma-benched for me on the basis of being the worst Tales character ever to exist.
>>
>>384429438
>Alvin
>>
>>384429078
>Not having a set-up of Anise/Tear/Natalia spamming Arts in the backline while you demolish enemies as Guy getting multiple FOF Changes
>>
File: image.gif (497KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
497KB, 500x325px
>>384429078
>>384427830
>>384427937
>implying you didn't swap to different party members to take advantage of arts and specials and getting tear and jade the fuck out of the way every 5 seconds during a fight
>>
>>384429643
better than fucking guy
>>
>>384429971
Guy is a fucking bro, what the fuck are you on about? Played as him till the end.
>>
File: LegendiaWall.jpg (391KB, 2131x3200px) Image search: [Google]
LegendiaWall.jpg
391KB, 2131x3200px
Legendia is still best... right?
>>
>>384430306
I've never loved anything with this level of intensity. I wonder what that must feel like.
>>
File: senelchloestoolbirthday2017.jpg (585KB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
senelchloestoolbirthday2017.jpg
585KB, 2322x4128px
>>384430421
Feels pretty good.
>>
>>384430306
There is exactly ONE Legendia-anon, please do not bully this Anon
>>
>>384429661
Alvin gets off scot free and is mostly healed from his shit, Ludger doesn't even get that chance. He gets to choose from 3 different endings, in which he kills everyone to save his brother from dying(not really), he lets Elle die and creates another one which might let this shit happen all over again, or let himself die for Elle so that she lives instead of him. 2 of those endings require Ludger to kill his own brother and father(although he probably wouldn't care that Bisley is his father, but its still something to point out). All of this because Origin wanted to "test" humans.
>>
>>384429643
Anise is such a fucking bitch and her goddamn reason for betraying everyone, her job and beloved is so goddamn weak that she deserved to be flayed mentally and verbally for that shit 10x over what Luke was.
Instead she gets a relatively light tap on the wrist despite being the reason Ion was killed, and for such a pathetic reason.
>>
>>384419917
Seriously, fuck each and every last one of those assholes, Jade and Anise especially. This scene is why I will never touch this game with a ten-foot pole.
>>
File: 100complete.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
100complete.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>384430820
its me though! i can bully myself right?
>>
>>384425242
If anything it's more like when Guy got slapped with a controlling seal by Sync and attacked everyone.
>>
>>384430934
Knock yourself out not literally
>>
>>384430846
>creates another one
>sees the woman who he knows was his wife in another timeline and breaks down into tears
That isn't a time loop, not at all. Ludes isn't getting any after that first impression.
>>
>>384427830
Main party is always and forever Guy (controlled), Luke, Jade, and Tear, but I always swap to all of them to use a combo into their mystic artes. Set the tactics so only I can activate overlimits. It's satisfying. I even got the 3DS version so I can play it for a half hour every night before bed.
>>
>>384425998
"Not that one."
>>
File: pure love.jpg (50KB, 288x798px) Image search: [Google]
pure love.jpg
50KB, 288x798px
>>384430545
I wish I was you.
>>
File: tos2.jpg (701KB, 1314x1198px) Image search: [Google]
tos2.jpg
701KB, 1314x1198px
>>384427659
How wrong can you be?
>>
>>384430846
Origin's test was retarded and only solidifies Bisley's beliefs that spirits weren't worth dealing with. Not to mention Chronos basically fucking humans over which in turn would bring more harm to Origin to begin with.
>>
>>384430846
>he lets Elle die and creates another one which might let this shit happen all over again,

No it wouldn't, there is nothing that would cause it to happen again.
>>
>>384431331
>>
File: newpostcardsguys.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
newpostcardsguys.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>384431249
Is it that difficult to love something, anon? You can do it!
>>
File: 1446763341659.gif (113KB, 498x594px) Image search: [Google]
1446763341659.gif
113KB, 498x594px
There will never be a Tales fighting game by Arc System Works in the vein of Persona 4 Arena
>>
>>384428503
>Paved the way for a magitek war that blew everything back to the bronze age
>Directly responsible for the total annihilation of a town.
>Fucked up the planet's ecosystem
>>
>>384431049
>>384431437
Oh alright my bad, still he might get with Lara to create another Elle anyway.
>>384431372
Yeah I just didn't understand why everyone was acting that Bisley was wrong when he was basically right about the Spirit business. I mean, even if Origin needed to test humans he shouldn't have been okay with Chronos fucking with the Kresnik family just cause. No seriously why did he do that, I don't even remember if he had a reason or not.
>>
>>384430870
Not to mention that she was directly responsible for the death of the infinitely more sympathetic Arietta.
>>
>>384431567
The post purchase customer survey for Berseria had a whole section on what type of future spin-off tales games, if any, you wanted
Fighting was on the list, so never say never
>>
>>384430306
defend the combat system
>>
File: 1367815979666.jpg (13KB, 250x225px) Image search: [Google]
1367815979666.jpg
13KB, 250x225px
I'd fuck Ion
>>
File: galdplaytime.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
galdplaytime.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>384431776
plays like a beat 'em up/brawler. basic sure, but it played fluidly.
>>
>>384431939
I bet you liked Zestiria
>>
>>384432040
Who is your favorite character?
>>
Alvin was a good character. It's not his fault the party forgave him after the shit he did.
>>
>>384431667
>No seriously why did he do that, I don't even remember if he had a reason or not.
I'm almost certain it was either a mistranslation or a plot hole, but he wanted to fuck humans over by so that they would fail the trial and thus free Origin from having to purify all that shit from humans. Problem is that by fucking them over, they create more fractured dimensions which only increases the strain on Origin.

Could be missing a few details there though.
>>
File: SUCH LAMENTATION.png (36KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
SUCH LAMENTATION.png
36KB, 256x256px
>MUH SCORE
>REPLACE ALL HUMANS WITH CLONES
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: velvet.jpg (227KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
velvet.jpg
227KB, 1920x1080px
>that name-drop of Derris Kharlan

Is Berseria/Zestiria what came about of Derris Kharlan after it floated away in the end of Symphonia?
>>
>>384432372
He did nothing wrong.
In fact, he won. He just didn't get to live in his world without the score.
>>
File: normapainting2016.jpg (787KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
normapainting2016.jpg
787KB, 2448x3264px
>>384432258
To play as? Senel
In general? Norma.
>>
>>384432513
Good taste.
>>
I hope the visuals change next game, Zestiria and Berseria look the ugliest in the series to me.
>>
>>384420828
Idiot, Jade wasn't mad because of it.
You obviously didn't finish the game.
>>
>>384432345
That's really fucking stupid, but the story of Xillia 2 was confusing as hell anyway so I don't really give a fuck. Might be a translation error but I doubt it, the story in Xillia and modern Tales in general gets more and more confusing as the story goes on, alongside with plot holes everywhere.
>>
File: Eizen_Artwork.jpg (188KB, 1080x1573px) Image search: [Google]
Eizen_Artwork.jpg
188KB, 1080x1573px
muh secret tunnels
>>
Do you think the Tales on Switch is going to be a mothership title or what
>>
>>384421829
Nope. Symphonia had better textures but the faces on the models are fucked
>>
>>384432986
hey Eizen wanna see my secret tunnels :^)
>>
>>384432562
Thanks man,

>>384433010
I think so, but you never know.
>>
>>384433010
I think it's going to be a port. I hope it's not going to be a mothership because that's just going to fuck over the already shitty graphics.
>>
>>384433481
Symphonia 2 didn't have shit graphics. I honestly think they could make a beautiful looking Switch game.
>>
>>384426082
>trusts Van blindly
Luke had known Van for SEVEN FUCKING YEARS. SEVEN YEARS. Luke had spent that time bonding with Van, even if Van was doing it as part of his hidden plan.

Everyone else other than Guy, Mieu and Fon Master Ion was being a fucking dick to him at the time, treating him like an ignorant child. Now, he WAS ignorant, but not through his own fault. They KNEW THIS, but still didn't tell him things because "Man that's a pain in the ass."

So when Van comes up and is like:
>Hey, Luke, y'wanna save Akzeriuth and be a hero?
You're DAMN FUCKING RIGHT HE'S GONNA GO:
>Yeah, Master Van! I do!
Everyone else is being a cunt so Luke just goes:
>Haha, I won't tell them that way when it happens they'll be ashamed for doubting me, and see I'm not a stupid asshole!

But then it's a trick and it turns out Van's a cunt.
NONE OF THIS IS LUKE'S FAULT!
>>
>>384433481
It's not like Tales can get any worse then it is as far as Graphics go.
>>
>>384423938
they knew he only had 5 years worth of memories even if they didn't know his body was literally 5 years old.
>>
Not even baiting, Zestiria > Berseria.
>>
>>384434417
I don't believe anyone can have taste that bad, though.
>>
>>384434417
Can you explain why you believe that? Are you a fujo?
>>
>>384431750
there already was a tales fighting game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qweXUddcuA8
>>
>>384434417
Just because Mikleo is cute doesn't excuse the rest of the cast
>>
>>384434417
I kind of agree as well. I'm not sure why, but I wanted to rush through Berseria faster than I did Zestiria.
>>
>>384434417
Dezel is cute! Cute!!
>>
>>384434485
Mostly the combat system, see >>384424489
I actually enjoyed the combat in Zestiria. I didn't like it at first, but once I figured out how to successfully sidestep, it got a lot more fun, because there wasn't really any downtime in combat, as opposed to Berseria, when you run out of souls.
>>
>>384434859
The fusion mechanic was interesting but poorly implemented.
All seraphs played exactly alike. They had different animations and elements, but essentially all their spells and moves served the exact same purpose.
The fact Sorey and Rose were obligatory for every party was stupid.
There's a very tiny amount of artes for each person, so every fight went the exact same way.
The skill system is an absolute travesty, the story was far too simple and shuffled around in a desperate attempt to find filler and when there was nothing left to fill up the length, the game still felt too short.
>>
>>384435084
>because there wasn't really any downtime in combat, as opposed to Berseria, when you run out of souls.
Did you forget that the stamina system in Zestiria is exactly the same as in Berseria? Go back and play Zestiria again, SC is a thing. It was just renamed to Souls in Berseria and break souls were added to make it useful.
>>
>>384435041
He's dead! Dead! And got replaced by Zaveid!
>>
>>384435210
Yes, but it was actually possible to regenerate them in Zestiria. Like I said, once you run out of souls in Berseria, the combat consists of nothing but slowly attacking.
>>
>>384435476
Zaveid was cooler anyway, and even MORE cool in Berseria. I wish he was a party member in Berseria.
>>
File: 1456021305129.jpg (80KB, 471x517px) Image search: [Google]
1456021305129.jpg
80KB, 471x517px
So, can we all agree with 100% certainty that Tales of Sypmhonia: Dawn of the New World is the sequel that nobody wanted to a game that everyone wanted a sequel to?

>main character is a fucking deviant art fan fic writer's OC
>plot sucks: "lol dude, there's like, a spirit that like nobody knew about, lel" and "Lloyd couldn't tell his friends the truth about what happened because REASONS"
>old characters from the first game get thrown to the wayside
>gay ass pet system
>doesn't explore the real questions that we all had regarding the merging of the two worlds in any really meaningful way

Why, Namco? Fucking why?
>>
>>384435663
At least Marta was cute. But yeah the game sucked, the battle system was stupid as fuck.
>>
>>384435663
I think I would have liked it better if best version of MC appeared sooner, instead of having to deal with either a massive pussy or massive edgelord for 90% of the game.
>>
File: 006.png (149KB, 375x514px) Image search: [Google]
006.png
149KB, 375x514px
How do you think this guy fucks?

Do you think he can even get it up considering Malakhim reproduce asexually for the most part?
>>
>>384435663
nah, was no better or worse then any other tales game
pokemon shit was a nice change of pace
dungeon curbstomps you at the end if you aren't lvl'd up
>>
File: asshole.jpg (191KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
asshole.jpg
191KB, 500x700px
>>
File: 1409644699787.jpg (195KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1409644699787.jpg
195KB, 500x700px
>>
File: only_healer.jpg (223KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
only_healer.jpg
223KB, 500x700px
>>
File: Iwaited.jpg (78KB, 393x300px) Image search: [Google]
Iwaited.jpg
78KB, 393x300px
>>384427830

Is there a better friend in games than Guy?
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 236x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 236x750px
>>384436648
Do you have any more of these?
>>
>>384437212
I thought i had more but they must be on my other phone
>>
>>384436836
Jade
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>384437365
That's a shame, they're really cute
Thanks anyways, anon
>>
File: 1446625258742.gif (66KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1446625258742.gif
66KB, 500x700px
>>384437212
>>
http://talesofreplica.tumblr.c0m/
>>
File: 1496266468554.jpg (156KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1496266468554.jpg
156KB, 500x700px
>>384438268
>>
File: 1500019234377.png (456KB, 568x568px) Image search: [Google]
1500019234377.png
456KB, 568x568px
PS2 or 3DS?
Emulation isn't an option.
>>
>>384438652
You mean for Abyss?
I played the 3DS version, I haven't played the PS2 version. I played with the 3D off for the most part, because it just didn't add anything. It didn't look nearly as good as other 3DS games, everything just looked so flat.
>>
>>384438652
PS2 version is the best
>>
>>384436080

meebo gets it up for sorey so obviously eizen must be capable
it would be very chuuni and probably disappointing because the reaper's curse would cause some kind of undesirable events, though, like premature ejaculation followed by fleeing the scene via SECRET TUNNEL NETWORK
>>
>>384438268
>>384438352
>>384438284
You guys are the best
Thread posts: 187
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.