[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Game is "open world" When will this fad end?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1480893981630.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480893981630.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
>Game is "open world"
When will this fad end?
>>
"this fad" is older than you
>>
>>384417421
When the 2020s comes around.
>>
>>384417421
best case scenario : fairly soon, maybe a year or two

worst : it doesn't, and younger audiences start thinking that a game without an open world isn't a real game. literally every game that isn't an indie game or developed by nintendo/the japs goes open world due to fear of losing the young audiences who won't buy a non open world game despite not knowing what open world means as a term.
>>
>>384417421
Open world is just a transition anon. Gotta deal with it or just axe yourself
>>
>>384417421
until the 'open world' gets wider , next big thing could be "real time world" or "conscious world"
>>
>>384417421
go down to the arcade if you want levels and high scores, gramps
open world is comfy and immersive
>>
>>384418586
OPEN UNIVERSE TIME N SPACE
>>
File: ye laughing.jpg (133KB, 600x423px) Image search: [Google]
ye laughing.jpg
133KB, 600x423px
>mfw when the next soulsborne game is complete open world too and you faggots are forced to finally accept it
>>
>>384417421
>Game is like "Dark Souls"
>>
They always fail when they make Open Worlds, I thought you were supposed to put content/stuff to do everywhere in an Open World and not just generic shit everywhere.
>>
>>384419001
Honestly, if From actually wants to compete with the other bigs in the industry it's what they're going to have to do.
>>
The fad before that was third person shooters with buff mchuge characters. It'll pass eventually. It can't be that cheap to make huge empty worlds.
>>
>>384419080
>game is the "Dark Souls" of a genre
>>
open world is better than a corridor
>>
>>384417421
It won't. People see it as an objective next step in progress from linear or level based design.
>>
God, I hope open world ends soon. I liked having big corridor levels like Doom. Rage kind of helped my taste in that. "Open world" with corridor levels are my shit.
>>
is that girl that talentless trash Taylor Swift?
>>
what games did open world right?
>>
>>384420407
all the successful ones
>>
>>384420407
Older GTAs and most of the open world RPGs.
>>
File: 1434702640682.jpg (604KB, 1280x1889px) Image search: [Google]
1434702640682.jpg
604KB, 1280x1889px
>devs have to keep making open world games to get gud it them
>>
>>384417421
>world is "connected"
>cant even walk 100 degrees around it
>>
>>384420407
I feel like Watch Dogs 2 did pretty good with it. A huge leap from the shitty original that still gets free updates and so far 2 DLCs I heard that are actually worth getting
>>
File: GIF Animation (8714185).gif (1000KB, 245x325px) Image search: [Google]
GIF Animation (8714185).gif
1000KB, 245x325px
>>384420654
>Game lets you lick armpits
>>
>>384420115
I wish they'd go back to "open level" type games like how Deus Ex is. Little areas that are open and have a lot of ways to tackle an issue. That way you can avoid the open world sterility while still having all the pros of an open area. Open worlds like Ubishit and Bethesda games are fucking garbage
>>
when some meme studio comes along advertising their game as "closed world" as a selling point, by redefining what is meant by "open"
>>
>>384421084
I feel the same, but as I said above to some other anon, I feel like the team that developed Watch Dogs 2 actually did a good job at what they're doing to the game. But sadly, the race portions are shit during the off road races when done online because a 30 second to 1 minute load time is just dumb because of how much time you could have lost. Deus Ex felt really great to me. Even Tony Hawk American Wasteland was good because all the levels were broken up by loading tunnels in the game where you could carry a combo into the next level.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.