[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't mind me posting the BEST Souls game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: Cover_wallpaper.jpg (36KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
Cover_wallpaper.jpg
36KB, 670x377px
Don't mind me posting the BEST Souls game.
>>
File: 628e678.jpg (63KB, 722x581px) Image search: [Google]
628e678.jpg
63KB, 722x581px
>>384402453
(You)

Are you happy now?
>>
>no shields
>parrying is dumbed down
>life gems

Yeah, not even close.
>>
ehhhhh. I like the idea of trick weapons, but there are so few weapons and outfits compared to souls. And some of them still suck (stake driver, beast claws)
>>
File: cube____rhyth_by_lapres.jpg (224KB, 1340x867px) Image search: [Google]
cube____rhyth_by_lapres.jpg
224KB, 1340x867px
>>384403367
You mean the game became more fast paced and requires more skill instead of having to be a block babby or have autism.

I FEEL THE NEEEEEEEEEEED FOR SPEEEEEEEEEEEEED MY DUDE
>HE DOESN'T EVEN CUHRAZY COMBAT
C u c k
>>
>>384403509
I don't use shields. Argument refuted.
>>
What's a good no shield build for DaS1?
>>
I think 3 is all things considered the best Souls game, but I can't really appreciate it because I'm too burned out on the main concepts of the series.
>>
>>384403624
Do you have aspergers? Because if the answer is no there isn't one.
>>
>>384403367
>no shields
>bad
>>
File: 1498781441815.gif (315KB, 234x159px) Image search: [Google]
1498781441815.gif
315KB, 234x159px
>>384403509
this game is not more difficult than souls. no equip load and dashing everywhere makes it simple as fuck. in souls you have to actually think about what you're doing instead of just spamming R1 and circle to react
>>
>>384403756
>doesn't know how to defeat shields in pve and pvp

Kek, proof that BloodBorne babies are scrubs.
>>
>>384403624
G I A N T D A D

>>384403732
there are lots of viable 2h weapons no shield needed
>>
>play the game two months after DaSIII launched
>multiplayer is pretty much dead
>get invaded in mensis
>lost, but still had fun
greatest PvP experience I've ever had in a souls game
>>
>>384403478
You'd rather have 15 straight swords that all function the same but look slightly different? Trick weapons are one of the best and most novel mechanics in the last ten years.
>>
>>384403732
>being this retarded
Youre the only autist here
>>384403624
Stacking end so you have more stamina for rolling and can wear heavier armour and medium and eventually fast roll
>>
>>384402453
>posting non-games
>>
>>384403882
Are you retarded? Where did i even remotely imply that? Shields make the game easy not hard
>>
>>384403770
I played Dark Souls pretty much entirely by just pressing R1 and circle to react. In fact it was even easier because you also got to press L1 aswell with a shield aswell.

The only time Dark Souls is hard is when you purposely have to make it hard by hindering yourself in some autistic roleplay run or something.

Bloodborne caters to speed, reaction time, and skill. Dark Souls does too but to a much lesser degree. Unless you count parry autists who make up 1/100th of the community.
>>
>>384404480
>enemies use shields
>have to use different tactics since they're so well defended
>makes game easy

Not sure what you mean
>>
>>384404657
Are you seriously implying that needing to shield break them or wait for an opening adds more difficulty than holding a button to never die takes away
I cant imagine what its like to be this retarded
>>
Why do I always get the feeling like it's the same 10 or so people who are STILL shilling for BB?
>>
File: 1499616712300.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1499616712300.png
2MB, 1600x900px
In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again
>>
>>384405018
How do you break shields by holding a button?
>>
File: dakroasdfcjsfjsbshutasdu.jpg (56KB, 640x648px) Image search: [Google]
dakroasdfcjsfjsbshutasdu.jpg
56KB, 640x648px
>>384405079
I'm a Dark Souls 2 fanboy too but trying to imply that
>Chugging estus immobilizes you
is a pro just because because it makes the game harder is some really shitty logic. Just because something makes the game harder doesn't mean its a good thing. Being able to move while chugging estus is a better system because it makes more sense. Hell if it were up to me i'd you chug estus while you ran aswell but make it so it heals you a lot slower because some might have spilled out.
>>
>>384405301
Woooooooowwwwww
>>
>>384405417

When I played DS3 I'd chug while bosses were comboing me and survived the combo then proceeded to win the boss fight. How the fuck is having to time your chugging so you can't just chug tank through everything not better? Got hit, oh fuck I'll just instantly chug to full and if I get hit again I'll just keep chugging!
>>
>>384405301
What point are you even trying to make here?
>>
>>384405875
Someone is arguing that enemies having shields makes the game easier. I'm trying to understand their reasoning.
>>
>>384405747
Because it makes more sense and feels less clunky? It creates a fake difficulty from something that doesn't make any sense.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be any balance changes in allowing you to drink estus while walking/running/etc such as you gain less health because some estus spills out or maybe just make the bosses harder or make getting estus upgrades more of a chore but having autistic mechanics for difficulty is dumb.

The game should be hard because of the world and enemies because of a shoddy game mechanic.
>>
You know why BB combat was better than DaS? I'll tell you: because there are so many enemies and bosses in DaS that force you to wait or try to bait certain attacks so that you have enough opening to punish. This is particularly noticeable in DaS3. In BB attacks and dodges are so fast that you can, with sufficient skill, punish almost anything. Say you're using a UGS and fighting NK, there are about three specific attacks that you can punish without getting hit. Waiting around for them feels like horseshit.
>>
>>384405747
>>384406212
Not because of a shoddy game mechanic**
>>
>>384406212
>Having to time your heal instead of being able to heal while a boss is comboing you is fake difficulty.

So this is the power of casual souls players.
>>
>>384406003
No one is arguing that
The player having shields makes the game easier
>>
File: 157.png (120KB, 215x454px) Image search: [Google]
157.png
120KB, 215x454px
>>384406360
>Completely ignores the rest of the post
I bet you think tank controls in resident evil is a good mechanic aswell cuck.

Or xd "super mario 64 should be played on a shitty N64 controller because its a bad controller and makes the game harder"

Yeah because bad design making something "hard" instead of it actually being hard is a good thing.
>>
>>384402453
Dark souls 3 has
>Better boss fights
>Better ost
>Better individual level design
>Better npc with actual stories instead of faggots who just sitin the church
>Vendor nps instead of some blood fountain
>>
>>384406212
>fake difficulty
What does this even mean? Why is having to make an educated decision as to when you heal "Fake difficulty "
>>
>>384406586
I never use shields. What does this have to do with anything?
>>
>>384406595
tank controls are fine you underage faggot
>>
>>384406901
Not even gonna continue replying to this retarded bait
>>
>>384402453
>sub 30 fps
>best souls game

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>384406964
Nostalgia faggot purposely blinding himself with /v/ipster tier nostalgia goggles instead wanting/enjoying proper gameplay mechanics that aren't designed like shit and cause an artificial difficulty.
>>
>>384407123
That's fine, your arguments weren't even coherent in the first place.
>>
>>384406602
>Better boss fights
There are four good boss fights and each of them is either a clone of a BB fight or feels like it was ripped from BB. DaS3 also doesn't provide you with the tools for those types of fights (quickstep).
>Better ost
Objectively false.
>Better individual level design
Lmao

The rest of your points do not matter because they're irrelevant.
>>
>>384407982
insane bloodborne(or more likely das2) shitter
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.