[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how did this piece of shit get GOtY???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
>>no exploration
>>no ammo types
>>no weapon balance
>>your companion turns into a slut suddenly, without any reason
>>no survival and resource management of scare ammo and health

2013 must have been a horrible year for gaming to have this piece of shit game get GOTY i see no other possiblity how it became so succesful
>>
>>384396410
The story/twists, artstyle and the 10/10 waifu tier side-kick.
>>
>>384396410

there are plenty of games that do that without having shit gameplay.

hell, even call of duty does that
>>
>>384396540
>welp we found the weapons
>wow we're dumb as fuck, we cant move them
>lol alternate timeline rug sweep

The twist was people actually paid $60 for this garbage.
>>
>>384396410
everybody saw r34 potential
>>
>>384398236
i paid 15$ and im still feeling ripped-off
>>
>>384398236

>Hey, we can't move the weapons
>Let's move through a rip in REALITY

How about you go back and kill the Vox Populi and get the ship back? Let's do that instead of fucking with time and space. Or just find a different fucking airship.
>>
>>384396410
The game throws a lot of shit at you during the ending and people think its deep till they spend 5 minutes thinking about it and realize that it was an ass pull.
>>
>>384396410
2013 wasn't so bad
>>
File: 1494177175373.gif (944KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1494177175373.gif
944KB, 360x240px
>>384396410
>how did this piece of shit get GOTY?

It was Call of Duty for people who were too ashamed of being seen playing Call of Duty, they did some masterful work hiding it by adding Elizabeth and a phony attempt at doing justice to the original by adding themes such as raycism, shitting on christianity and some mongoloid iteration of quantum physics, alternative realities and time travel. They even had an "call airstrike" ability at the end of the game, instead of a boss fight that had been teased throughout the whole thing, Call of Duty.
>>
Marketing. Paid reviews.
>>
>>384396540

The art and music are both amazing. A lot of the detail in the city is great.

The story SUCKS, and is a perfect example of how game players and critics can be tricked into thinking a game's story is good if it tries to sound deep enough. The characterization is weak for everyone but Elizabeth and Comstock, we don't learn anything that new about the characters or their relationships in the ending, we just get a long 20-minute gameplay-free exposition dump where the game basically shouts "HOW CRAZY IS THIS?!" in your face and expects you to buy it without question.

Then it somehow tries to pretend that your drowning at the baptism prevents the possibility of comstock emerging in any alternate realities, a complete contradiction to the "infinite universe" schtick it leans so heavily on.
>>
>>384399048
but why do all this retarded shit if previous bioshock games were so succeful?
>>
>>384399310

They ran into major development issues. A good majority of the game feels rushed or underdeveloped. Remember the boys of silence and how they became fucking security cameras? It's corporate bullshit through and through.
>>
>>384396410
A myriad of reasons, mostly related with the state of modern journalism:
B:I is an empty game, but with an astonishing presentation, specially in the beginning. Journalist don't care about gameplay anymore (remember the Doom review by Polygon?) so they get a nice cinematic, something that the love. The more the player gets through the game, the more glaring the gameplay issues become, but as I said, journalists only play the first few hours of the games on easy, as they despise gameplay.
The theme of B:I, at the beginning of the game, is how racist and awful the society is in Colombia, so the game gets extra SJW points of virtue signaling.
Then, there's Elizabeth, a powerful woman who also happens to be a waifu. This is also something that journalists love.

There are other reasons, but these 3 are more than enough.
>>
run up on that fuckin nigga
gat in hand pull the fuckin trigga
everyday we stackin jigga
gotta get those figures go figure
intoxicated holding some liquor
just put on a sticker bout to stickya
make you rain blood then lick ya.
>>
who /neversomuchaswatchedabioshockvideoletaloneplayedit/ here
>>
>>384396540
Bitch kept blocking my path and every damned minute "There is a coin here".
>>
>>384396410
the hype train had no breaks. Half wits though the convoluted shit story was A+ theater.
>>
File: funny hitler.jpg (11KB, 247x255px) Image search: [Google]
funny hitler.jpg
11KB, 247x255px
>>384398330
>>
To be fair the original vision for the game actually wasn't a piece of shit. And that's what they were still marketing even though they had stripped out all of the good.
>>
File: 1496197011084.jpg (75KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496197011084.jpg
75KB, 900x720px
>>384399310
I doubt anyone that worked on Infinite worked on Bioshock 1. I don't know who worked on 2, but it wasn't Irrational, and even then it managed to be miles ahead over Infinite, and an improvement over certain areas of 1.

What you can gather from what's publicly available is that they went through various iterations of the story and gameplay, and eventually gave up and decided to wrap up something quick and simple that would fool enough people into thinking that it was a masterpiece just because it portrayed Christianity in a bad light and had white people acting racist towards every other race and creed in the history of Earth.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.