[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was it so scary, anon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

File: KrhdC3a.jpg (289KB, 1919x1079px) Image search: [Google]
KrhdC3a.jpg
289KB, 1919x1079px
Why was it so scary, anon?
>>
>>384389867

Claustrophobia and jump scares done right. I dont know if an entire game of that shit would even be completable.
>>
>>384389867
The game was scary on atmosphere alone. Even if you remove the few jump scares, you're left with a horrifying environment and chilling sound design.
>>
Inb4 contrarians who say it was complete shit and non scary
>>
File: sad guts.png (994KB, 1000x1016px) Image search: [Google]
sad guts.png
994KB, 1000x1016px
>tfw I'll never be able to play this
>>
File: oRpaiWa.jpg (104KB, 639x450px) Image search: [Google]
oRpaiWa.jpg
104KB, 639x450px
>>384390671
>tfw you downloaded it when you heard it was going to be taken off the store and you're still too chickenshit to go past the first ten seconds
>>
It was barely a game.
>>
File: scarygame.webm (1MB, 884x1066px) Image search: [Google]
scarygame.webm
1MB, 884x1066px
its scary
>>
File: fuck.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
>>384390102
it was way too good, anon.
a part of me is glad it never came out because i would have bought it and never played more than 20minutes of it.
IT'S LITERALLY TOO FUCKING SCARY
>>
File: jelly.gif (416KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
jelly.gif
416KB, 500x276px
>Garbled "behind you" from the radio
>>
Because it looked like the PS4 would get a second game
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwvEBq7PlDk
>>
Yeah that game is too Much. Fucked up how it made the bathtub fetus have a picture of your irl dad in its hand. I was confused when it asked me to log into Facebook when I booted the game bit it was worth it
>>
Watch out, the gap in the door. It's.. a separate reality. The only me is me. Are you sure the only you is you?
>>
Post more webms. I will never be able to play this game.
>>
>>384390671
Why live
>>
>>384389867
Because it reflects the lifestyle of the average /v/irgin: walking around the same small flat every day.
>>
>>384389867
Thinkg now I'm pretty sure Kojima didn't have any idea how to make a full game out of it.
Explains why years after we still didn't get any leaked information on this closed project from anyone involved.
>>
the repeating environment lulls you in a false sense of security making the scares much more potent

the graphics were also crazy realistic
>>
it was complete shit and non scary
>>
>>384391257
The full game was gonna be on PC and Xbox
>>
File: allison_road.jpg (128KB, 1920x1191px) Image search: [Google]
allison_road.jpg
128KB, 1920x1191px
PT is great, I just wish it didn't have to have such heavy influence on almost every horror game that has come out since then.
Now we have countless games that are selling themselves on being "inspired by" or "spiritual successors" to PT.
Instead of getting something amazing like Silent Hills, we're getting a bunch of cheap knockoffs that are trying to emulate it.
>>
>>384391162
Op here. The sole reason i made this thread was because I started getting back into this thing and it still scares me just as bad as 2 years ago. Granted I never played the whole thing, aside from about 5 minutes of it at the play area of a tech store back on a PS4 I had to wait an hour or so to download a couple of years ago. Should I go back there and ask if they still have that PS4?
>>
File: 1500222381278[1].jpg (89KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1500222381278[1].jpg
89KB, 960x960px
>>384390671
>didnt have a ps4 when it was out but added it to my account
>cant download it anymore despite that
PT did me a favor and showed me the light of how a digital only future is anti-consumer as fuck. Been buying only physical copies of console games and drm free copies of pc games since.
>>
crazy atmosphere
>>
>>384391761
nah. it was just a short demo after all.
just watch some YT videos if you want to clench your butthole that badly
>>
>>384391162
Imagine if the first 20 minutes of Silent Hills would have been PT
>>
Realism
>>
>>384391395
Ummm... Anon, that wasn't part of the game I'm pretty sure. Are you okay?
>>
PT turned out to be a more complete experience than MGSV. Neat!
>>
>>384391162

It really was. I had completed the demo and was trying to help a friend out by walking through the demo with them.
I had no idea the ghost could still fuck you up.
I spun around and was face to face with it and screamed like a bitch.
My friend still gives me shit to this day because of it.
>>
The voice actor for the radio announcer was spot on.
"I SAID, LOOK BEHIND YOU."
>>
>>384389867
It wasn't scary at all, it was a dumb meme game that died like it should have.
>>
>>384397390
(You)
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.