[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's list ways epic can save fortnite from being an instant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: 51YyFTR-Q1L._AC_SL230_.jpg (18KB, 184x230px) Image search: [Google]
51YyFTR-Q1L._AC_SL230_.jpg
18KB, 184x230px
Let's list ways epic can save fortnite from being an instant flop.

I'll start:
Weapons no longer break or can be auto repaired for a lower price
It releases on steam instead of exclusively on the shitty epic launcher
Gearbox logo is replaced with the People Can Fly logo.
>>
All dlc and add on are free modding available 1$ monthly fee required.
>>
Release it as Early Access on Steam
>>
Change the art style
>>
>>384388060
Character customization from cards you've obtained so you can mix and match

Endless mode

More THICC
>>
File: jambajuice.jpg (25KB, 497x524px) Image search: [Google]
jambajuice.jpg
25KB, 497x524px
>>384388060
by releasing it 3 years ago like they were supposed to instead of postponing it for 3 years to make it f2p model since they wanted more money

which is to late now since that model is dying and they lost a great portion of their money now.

also release info on your f2p model so people can decide if they are willing to buy it next week.
is anything behind a paywall or can i grind to get it eventually?
>>
This shit it's going to be a fucking microtranscation fest.

'Buy the new bikini for the cubby girl. Only 1.99usd"

Fuck this.
>>
Cancel it.
>>
>>384388985
The micro transaction are piñatas and you can earn them in-game fairly easily. You only pay if you can't put the time in
>>
>>384388060

Add character customization so you're not forced to play specific races or genders.
>>
>>384389235
You can flip genders and a lot of the cards flip your race around to different ones.
>>
File: IMG_0500.png (1MB, 2000x1204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0500.png
1MB, 2000x1204px
Buy her game!
>>
>>384388060
>weapon breaking
Except it's really fucking cheap to craft new weapons and the Schematics to craft them never break.
>Launcher
Agreed.
>Gearbox
Considering that's just for their physical release, I don't give a shit.
>>384388764
Also this.
>>
>>384388060
use white male characters for marketing and on the cover instead of this sjw shit
>>
>>384389235
You're actually not forced to play specific races or genders. In the last Alpha build, they had at least 1 of each Spic, White, Black, Asian Male/Female for each Class except Soldier, which had no Spic Male IIRC.
>>
>>384389606
hideous cretin
>>
>>384388060
Make it F2P with pay for hats and customs skins.
>>
>>384390279
It is F2P. In a year and a half or so.
>>
>>384389774
It's eerie how 4chan sounds more like tumblr everyday.

Tumblr: muh diversity!

4chan: muh white male!
>>
>>384390279
But it's already a f2p with buyable beta access :^)
>>
>>384390384
except /v/ has a point in calling out the lack of white guys in games considering that the fast majority of gamers are white men. games should reflect that.
tumblr on the other hand get´s triggered by the lack of female and black characters in areas where they simply are a tiny minority.
but sjw like you will never understand that because you don´t act according to logic. your only goal is to see less white men regardless if it makes sense or not
>>
>>384389606
Looks like shit
>>
>>384388060
how about having some white male heroes?
it would me at least consider the idea of buying it
>>
File: 1476085753746.png (421KB, 983x376px) Image search: [Google]
1476085753746.png
421KB, 983x376px
>>384390384
Damn, that does make a lot of sense...
You ever heard about Horseshoe Theory?
>>
>>384390624
I rather devs put out what they want, whether it be white males or tranny black females (male). Bitching about something so trivial as race and gender is silly. Don't like it don't buy it.
>>
>>384389897
How is the game anyhow? It looks really fun. Is the AI even half decent, or does it just break everything to go in a straight line?
>>
>>384390869
but your are implying that they hasn´t been a dedicated campaign to shame and terrorize developers to put sjw character in their game regardless of they want to or not for almost a decade now.
people like the guy your are replying are trying to counter this by daring to stick up for white guys

if sjw never had been a thing most games nowadays including this won would have featured an almost 100% white cast and almost only white male heroes because games used to do just that in the 90s and early 2000s as well before sjw where a thing
>>
>>384389664
The gear box thing is purely because it's bad optics
>>
>>384390881
It's alright, not amazing. I personally have fun with it.
>AI
The enemy AI is actually not bad. Even the basic enemies will automatically try and figure out the most efficient path to their goal.
>If you have a bunch of walls made of Stone, but with 1 Wood wall, they'll usually go for the Wood wall since it has less Hp and thus gets them to your core/defending object faster
>If you put a bunch of barricades on one of the two paths up the mountain (because all the spawns are on that side), but few on the other side, they'll go around the mountain and up because it'd take much less time to chew through a few barricades and a long travel time than chew through all the up-front ones
>They don't factor in traps, however, which you can use this to your advantage
>In the event the AI cannot path to their objective, they instantly die
>>
>>384388060
Charge anywhere from $40 to $150 for the right to play a f2p game early
>>
>>384391312
There's a higher tier that's like $300 or some shit, but you gotta email them about it. Includes more llamas and shiet, and all 8 exclusive heroes.
>>384391291
Oh and the Defender AI (minions you can take into battle with you, but you gotta give them a gun and ammo/melee weapon) are absolutely fucking awful and waste so much ammo.
>>
>>384391291
Oh that sounds both like a pain in the ass but awesome. Sounds like I need to pay a lot more attention to materials than not.

I'm guessing Wood then is completely worthless for building walls if this is the case though? Or will they follow a path laid out if all of the walls are made of wood instead of busting down a path themselves?
>>
>>384391198
Where did I imply that? Both sides have gone and tried to change games over the race of characters.
>>
>>384391502
Are they good with Melee weapons or just better not taking them at all?
>>
>>384391938
They calculate total time cost. If it's faster to slalom through your course than to break it down manually, they'll do it. They calculate it as how long it would take to break any given wall multiplied by the number of walls, etc. etc.
And Wood is not a bad material, because walls and shit you build build up at a flat rate. A Wooden Wall reaches max HP (and then can be Upgraded to have more) much faster than a Metal Wall. Metal and Stone walls are better for prep before the attack and between waves while Wood is better for on the fly when they bust your defenses. In addition, special monsters have different rules. I.E. a Propane Tank Zombie will try to destroy as much of your base as possible by chucking it at such a zone and then act like a normal fatty. Smashers will almost always just try to smash up your base and you. Snatchers will fly over most of your shit solely to harass you.
>>
>>384390869
shut the fucking fuck up faggy gay retars sjw filth
>>
>>384392045
Early on, you might as well not use them. As you get into end-game, you put up with their constant need for ammo because the Melee ones die quickly. But overall, the Melee ones have better AI. Especially since Melee Weapons only lose durability when they hit an enemy/item whereas guns lose durability every time they fire.
>>
>>384390624
There aren't a lack of white males in a majority of games. Also being triggered by the lack of a white dude on the cover is pretty stupid
>>
>>384392367
>>384392483
Both of these are good info. Thanks so much for taking time out to say this stuff.
>>
>>384388060
Why would Epic and gearbox want to pay 30% gaben tax when they can use that to build their own platform/storefront and have their own Jew policies. Everyone is doing it right now, one of the main reason is that they are trying to build their own loyal followings and avoid the vitriolic, entitled, counter intuitive review forums of Steam that most indie devs and PR hate.
>>
>>384395170
No problem. I'm happy to tell you whatever if I know it.
>>384395191
Cause there are plenty of people who wouldn't even touch the game unless it's on Steam? Or even know it exists because they haven't advertised this shit at all?
>>
I love Epic games and orcs must die but this is going yo flop hard
>>
>>384395626
Last question I have really is.. Is the game worth buying into in its current state? It really looks like something I'd love, since I enjoy building and absolutely adore TD/FPS hybrids like OMD and Sanctum 2.
>>
File: delicious-tears.jpg (59KB, 432x600px) Image search: [Google]
delicious-tears.jpg
59KB, 432x600px
>>384395191
>one of the main reason is that they are trying to build their own loyal followings and avoid the vitriolic, entitled, counter intuitive review forums of Steam that most indie devs and PR hate.

shill detected
>>
>>384396361
In my opinion, barely. The game itself isn't anything special in terms of combat, but the base-building aspects of it are ace. The only downside to base-building is that, outside of Storm Shield defenses, all your bases disappear at the end of the mission, on top of a suggested build limit for better chances at more loot, which promotes doing the bare minimum "8+ walls around the thing, barricades where needed, a roof, etc." Except Storm Shield which lets you build as much as you want, but the location has limited resources (since it's permanent) so you gotta keep dragging in more from Missions.

If I had to suggest purchase or not, I'd say wait until Streamer-fags start showing off a bunch of the game and watch one that you can stomach for a while. Early game is quite similar, albeit weaker than mid and late game. EA Headstart starts on the 21st.
>Sanctum
Good taste.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.