[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The great debate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: wii_vs_wiiu.jpg (45KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
wii_vs_wiiu.jpg
45KB, 1000x500px
The great debate
>>
>>384387312
wii has more than 10 good games
>>
>>384387312
if we are just comparing their respective libraries than i would go with the wii
>>
The Wii U plays Wii games though. Even GC with some easy modifications.
>>
nintendoland was better than all the wiimote waggalan games. wii U is better at being a wii

wii had better real games
>>
>for the entire Wii lifecycle, all people asked for was a Wii HD
>come out with something completely different that nobody asked for and it falls on it's face
>come out with the Switch, whose Joycons are basically just next gen Wii-motes that don't have to compromise on buttons
>it's a huge hit
Wow!
>>
>>384387312

Wii had 2 3D Marios while Wii U had none.
>>
>>384389316
>Wii had 2 3D Marios
someone post the image...
>>
>>384389356
Course clear 3D is still 3D. 3D world is less 3D than Other M, which Nintendo officially classifies as 2.5D
>>
I modded my Wii so I have an endless library of Wii, NES, SNES and Sega games. I have no idea what the mod scene for Wii U is because I haven't looked into that shit in so long, but for me the Wii is superior. I still think the Wii U was OK, it had enough decent games to justify the cost, but it never lived up to its potential, and that's sad. They could have done some cool interactions with the controller screen, but that shit was barely utilized.
>>
>>384388750
>Nintendoland
>Good
Holy shit are you taking the piss? I was excited to try it out with some mates when we got a Wii U but what a piece of trash. Only like half the games had multiplayer and their attempts to gimmick up the controller were an absolute flop. Wii Sports was THE game to have when it was new, Nintendoland was THE game to avoid because it was absolute bollocks.

>>384387312
Well the Wii actually had some good games, was competitively priced, had a controller with more than 2.5 hours of battery life that wasn't $100 for a replacement AND 3rd party support so it wins pretty fucking easily.
>>
>>384389316
3D World is 3D though. And it is at least the third best 3D mario
>>
>>384389182
This
>>
>>384389672

I think you can pull off anything the Wii could do with Wii Mode on the Wii U, but Wii U alone isn't nearly as exploitable. You can do mods and piracy but I haven't seen emulation on the Wii U yet (though its not really necessary since Wii mode can cover that).
>>
>>384389672
Wii U has all of the Wii's homebrew since it literally just opens the Wii's OS to play Wii games, and you can also pirate all of Wii U's games through what is basically the freeshop on your computer
>>
>>384389182
But the Switch is literally what the Wii U/Gamepad should have been.
>>
>>384389672
The Wii U is a huge pain. You need separate hdds for Wii U games and vwii games.
>>
is it true you can play every nintendo game (except for switch ofc) with a modded wii u?
>>
>>384390117
More like the Switch = Wii U - games + marketing.
>>
>>384390212

3DS emulation (and maybe DS emulation but there's a DS Virtual Console, so I don't know) isn't a thing on Wii U/ vWii. You can play a shitload of Nintendo games for sure though.
>>
File: WIN_20170525_16_14_01_Pro.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170525_16_14_01_Pro.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
>>384390212
everything but Switch and 3DS, and I think DSi-enhanced games like Black and White don't work
>>
>>384387312
WiiU is the better console
Wii is the more successful console
>>
>>384390420
>WiiU is the better console
by what metric?
>>
wii = genesis
wii u = saturn
switch = dreamcast
>>
>Wii is easier to homebrew and is $20
>Wii U is harder to homebrew, is still $250 and only has a handful of Wii U games worth playing
Why do Wii Ufags always go with the "but it can do everything the Wii can and more!" argument?
>>
>>384390479
Most relevant metrics other than sales
>>
>>384390117
Not really. One of the purposes of the WiiU gamepad screen is to provide a second screen to work in concert with the main TV screen, with off-tv play being another feature. On the switch, it is impossible to use both screens at the same time, so it essentially has half the Gamepad's functionality.
>>
File: WIN_20170531_15_44_07_Pro.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170531_15_44_07_Pro.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>384390359
You can just inject games that aren't on the eshop.
>>
>>384390420

Wii is better by virtue of the core gimmick actually working when the developer really focuses on it (Skyward Sword, Red Steel 2, etc), while supporting games that don't use it just fine (Brawl, Xenoblade, etc).

The Wii U's gimmick is so obtuse that the less attention a developer pays to it, the better.
>>
>>384390836
>>Wii U is harder to homebrew
AHAHAHA
>>
>>384390836

Because it literally CAN do everything the Wii can do and more. There's a Wii built into it and its no less exploitable.
>>
>>384387312
Man they look so old.
>>
>>384390836
>harder to homebrew
.t non WiiU owner
>>
>>384390978
WiiU's gimmick works fine and only a few titles don't support alternate control methods.
>>
>>384389182
>huge hit
>Getting outsold hard by PS4 after only a couple of weeks

It was ok, a will probably be a lot more successful than the Wii U, but it is far from a huge hit.
>>
>>384391429
The supply shortages aren't really helping it's sales at all.
>>
Did the Wii U have a new update recently?

Is it still possible to Homebrew it? If so, which guides do y'all recommend? There's a couple out there and I'm not sure which one's the best
>>
>>384387312
Wii is emulatable
>>
>>384392006
You need a patcher to access the eshop to buy a DS game first. Then you're good for lifeā„¢
>>
>>384392006
There hasn't been an update for Wii U since january 2016, you can hack it on the latest firmware. Use the /hbg/ guide
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.