[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEED NEW CONTROLLER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

Which controller is better for PC play. Im more so talking about build quality than personal feel preference.

My last couple of 360 controllers have had deadzones in the sticks (which make dmc4 a chore to play) and broken bumpers (even though I take an autistic amount of care for them)

looking at the xbox one controller it looks largely the same as a 360 controller (on the inside too) so im pretty worried ill have the same problems if I buy one...

Could/would any of you recommend ps4 controllers over xbone controllers? do they seem tougher and more durable? any broken buttons?
>>
>>384385992
Xbox one controller if you have big hands. PS4 controller if you like the extra features it has like the touch pad
>>
>>384387229
>PS4 controller if you like the extra features it has like the touch pad
the touchpad works for PC games? I thought it was a gimmicky thing for playstation games only
>>
>>384385992
Xbone analog sticks feel much more precise than 360 ones. No dead zone issues.
>>
PS4 controller due to d-pad working well if you want to play 2D/fighting games.
>>
>>384385992
Touch pad for ps4 controller works as a mouse
>>
>>384388016
is that really true? from what ive heard you need 3rd party sofware that emulates a 360 controller to even get ps4 controllers to work on pc.
>>
Steam controller or bust seriously. The others are a joke comparatively
>>
PS4.
>>
>>384388602
For a while that was true, you can download input mapper to make it think that it's a 360 controller.
Steam eventually added DualShock 4 support and you can go into the settings and turn gyro on/off and the touch pad as a mouse etc
>>
I have literally never seen the xbone controller IRL but the PS4 controller is better than the 360 which I loved.
>>
>>384385992
Xbox one controller. Native support for everything.
>>
>>384388602
games under 2-3 years old just plug and play with a ds4
games older than that either require the use of something like ds4windows or have the ds4 show up as a generic usb controller (which might still work fine but the button names are wrong).

i like to use ds4windows anyway even if a game natively supports the ds4 because I can remap buttons and turn off the light
>>
The dualshock 4 is one of the worst controller ever made. The Xbox elite is the best controller ever made.

t. someone who owns both
>>
>>384389367
is it 150 good?
>>
>>384389305
>or have the ds4 show up as a generic usb controller (which might still work fine but the button names are wrong).
Im perfectly fine with the button names being wrong on screen. what do you mean by "show up as a generic usb controller"?
>>
>>384389367
could you explain why that is?

whats so good about the elite controller? I imagine itd still have the same shitty xbox bumpers and occasional offcentre sticks
>>
File: WP_20170718_20_42_12_Pro.jpg (741KB, 1154x676px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170718_20_42_12_Pro.jpg
741KB, 1154x676px
>>384389419
Yes
>>
>>384390091
I meant if you're playing a game from before the launch of PS4 it will either
A. not work
B. work, but have xbox 360 names
C. work, but have XBUTTON1 type names

either way http://ds4windows.com/ works with every game with controller support because its 360
>>
>>384385992
xbox one controller is shit

ps4 is even worse

just get a 360 controller.
>>
>>384390091
as far as newer games, almost all indie games launched after ps4 came out work natively with ds4. all multiplats also on ps4 obviously work. AAA games past 3 years are pretty good about it.

you dont need to use the touch screen, it's pc default controls (not ps4) but if the game has swipes they usually work and you can always bind the touch pad as buttons.
>>
This is a dumb question, but I have a PS4 controller and I want to play some old Silent Hill games on PC with ds4windows but I don't have bluetooth in my computer. Would any cheap bluetooth usb-stick work with PS4 controller or is there some specific thing I need to buy?
>>
>>384392176
have you tried a regular usb cable?
>>
>>384392437
I would like to play with a wireless controller and cheapest bluetooth usb-sticks only cost 10 bucks
>>
>>384387609
works on pc too
>>
>>384385992
even a sony fag will tell you that an xbox controller is the obvious choice just for how much comfier it is on the hands. but it can also come down to personal preference if you like really tactile buttons and use the dpad a lot
>>
>>384387609
if its a multiplat game then yes. but the pc release has a controller setup for 360 style controller without a touch pad you can use. then press the touch pad as select button.
>>
>>384385992
While I've always prefered the feel and layout of the Dualshock 4, the newer versions have quality issues, most commonly a pretty bad deadzone on one or both of the sticks.

Until Sony can resolve the issue, I wouldn't recommend getting one.
>>
>>384393227
fuck off with your idiotic shit
>>
>>384393352
elaborate?
>>
>>384392764
I think it depends on the bluetooth dongle. Unless it's Bluetooth 4.0 with EDR don't buy it.
>>
>>384393290
with my 360 controller experience lately, I had expected the ps4 controller to be the much higher quality build product.

Damn... I dont know which to get

I wish controllers werent almost a requirement for some games. Ive never had a problem with mouse and keyboard... and what feels like dozens of problems with 360 controllers
>>
Ds4 is inferior. Battery life sucks. Might as well use it wired all the time.

I love my xbox one controller. The vibrating triggers on forza is amazing. You can feel the grip of the tires
>>
>>384385992

I've had a trigger break on a DS4 and an x button stop working on a new one. The build quality fir Xbox controllers has been much better imo. If you are strong then avoid the DS4.
>>
>>384393732
Is this true? Can someone else verify this?
>>
>>384393921
The older ps4 controllers worked fine, if you can find one. Just that the material isn't quite as nice as in the updated ones, and the battery life might be a bit shorter (I can't remember, so that last bit might be me talking out of my ass).
>>
>>384394203
>>384394269
battery life isnt a concern, ill only ever be using it wired to the PC

basically the only factor that matters to me if which is less likely to break. So Xbone is the answer accoding to you guys. I am leaning towards Xbone a bit too
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.