[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: thesurge_screenshot21.jpg (303KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thesurge_screenshot21.jpg
303KB, 1920x1080px
How is it?
>>
File: 237286073724567552.png (24KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
237286073724567552.png
24KB, 112x112px
the dark souls of computer games?
>>
What the fuck do you honestly think?
Watch a video, anybody with a brain and a working set of eyes can tell its a shit game from a few minutes of gameplay footage.
Did you ask this question about Lords Of The Fallen too?
>>
>>384387183
lords of the fallen was a nice game though
>>
>>384388726
No, it wasn't.
>>
>>384389213
it was
>>
LOTF, but with a somehow even less interesting aesthetic.
>>
>>384385402
Gets boring after a few hours due to poor enemy variety.
>>
So it's like, guise
guise, it's like... so it's like
you guise
it's like the futur, rite
it's like the future but like, seriously
like, we use melee combat ROTFLMAO
>>
I can't speak for the gameplay but god, has a game ever had such a dull art style?
>>
>>384389389
It was pure garbage anon, don't be stupid. Played this when it was 'free' on Xbone and it sucks SO hard.

Graphics looks very appealing and the setting it's okay, but the gameplay sucks hard, very hard.

I feel bad for people who paid full price for this crap.
>>
>>384390031
im not saying it was great, lots of flaws - sure, short? yeah, but over all it was an ok game, no more no less
>>
>>384390329
It was less than an 'ok game' anon, mediocre fits better. The Surge have the same problems as Lords, they tried too hard to be a 'souls clone' or a 'borne clone'. Just buy this when it's cheap or wait for a steam sale.
>>
>>384385402
Got most of the way through, far enough to get the full crystal armor set but never beat it. It's a fucking drag.
It starts off ok as you're getting new armor and weapons and everything is a but more accommodating, but around the halfway mark you'll realize you've seen everything there is to see. All the weapon types and enemy types are present early on, it's just reskinned in different armor. So that sucks.
Then the enemies start hitting harder. And harder. REALLY hard. You've got the best armor and you're still getting OHKO'd by random punks. So you say bye to your build and stack HP upgrades, because the game is next to impossible without playing a strictly tank build. (Note: The devs nerfed the only other viable build in the latest patch)
>But it looks like souls, why do you need HP if you just dodge/block/parry everything?
Dodging works well, I'll give it that. But you can still get ambushed, and if you're fighting more than one enemy at a time you're pretty screwed, and there are enemies with long range autonomous attacks. This means if you engage them, they can shoot you at any time. Whether they're on their ass or in the middle of attacking or being attacked, a little robot shithead will just kinda pop off their back and shoot you, dealing stupid damage and stunning you. So dodging can't help you there.
Blocking and parrying on the other hand are 100% useless. You don't block like in souls, no, in the Surge when you block you stop moving for a couple of seconds. Blocking isn't a state, it's an action. Blocking at the wrong time will literally give your enemies enough time to circle around you and attack before you can move again. Parrying is even worse. You have to block, then tap up to jump or down to duck. This means that you have to a) gamble on a block and b) guess which direction to move in and c) hope that it's not a vertical attack because you can't parry those and d) time it correctly; all for a shit damage.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.