[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Internet Communities are fucking cancer. They frequently act

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11

Internet Communities are fucking cancer. They frequently act like a murder of crows, cawing about fucking inane shit at all hours of the day and if you try to enter their circle, they peck your guts out until you fucking die.
>>
>I joined a discord made up of people that aren't my friends and don't share any interests as me. Why don't I like anybody here?
>>
File: stepaway.png (38KB, 901x367px) Image search: [Google]
stepaway.png
38KB, 901x367px
>>384381698
then leave
>>
>>384381865
/thread
>>
>>384381698
Can we make a /v/ adult virgin video game club no bullying?
>>
Problems with Discord:

>Fucking landing pages that require you to type some PASSCODE to access the server or god forbid, having to PM an admin.
>Discords with WAY too many fucking channels.
How many fucking channels should a Discord dedicated to anime ass have? The answer is two. How many channels does this discord have? FOURTEEN. They of course have to have a channel for the Rules, General, a Shitposting channel, a music channel, an anime channel, a games channel, a channel dedicated to using bot commands, ANOTHER CHANNEL FOR BOT COMMANDS, AND ANOTHER FUCKING CHANNEL FOR BOT COMMANDS, then, down at the bottom... there are two tiny little channels for anime butts... THE ENTIRE PURPOSE OF THE DISCORD.
>Fucking bots. In General.
I don't even know what these fucking things do half the time. They're unresponsive, buggy, and fucking drag down any server they're in. They're so obnoxious they frequently need their own god damn channels to operate in and for what? What purpose do they provide? Nothing.
>You don't host your own servers
It's all hosted on some fucking silicone valley ass mother fucker over in Iraq or some shit. Who knows what the fuck they can do with your information, you don't forward any ports and host the server yourself.
>No "Lolicon".
This relates to my last point. Because Discord is a chat service which isn't fucking owned by it's users, the developers of Discord can find, censor and remove anything they don't like. They're the god damn thought police.

Don't use this shit service.
>>
>and if you try to enter their circle, they peck your guts out until you fucking die.
Only if you're so grating and unlikable. Some communities are more harsh than others but you really should take a moment to get to know the community a little better before just diving in and ask the questions that have been asked a million times before.
>>
i mean you sound like someone i wouldn't want to talk to or chill with desu
>>
>>384381698
This thing is nothing more than a hive of insecure weeaboos and faggots that do nothing but ERP, advertise their discord, and shitpost all day.
>>
>join irc chat
>discussing a member who was killed
>chime in with a joke about it
>get banned
huh
>>
File: 1499370136134.jpg (27KB, 313x298px) Image search: [Google]
1499370136134.jpg
27KB, 313x298px
>>384382230
The only problem I have with Discord is when you're part of a ton of servers and you get a notification, but it doesn't immediately tell you which server or channel it came from. So you have to tab back in and search through all the channels to see what the message is.

Also I hate it when you think you've just been mentioned but it's just some faggot going @everyone.
>>
File: 1473116513931.jpg (1MB, 4928x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1473116513931.jpg
1MB, 4928x3264px
>>384382230
>Anime discord
>Expecting it not to be cancerous as fuck
>Expecting a big ass pile of sweaty neckbeards pretending to be little girls on the internet to be a straightforward gimmick-free place

The problem doesn't lie in Discord. None of that has anything to do with discord actually. Just the retards that run that particular discord, and also with you for being such a fucking retard.
>>
>>384382631
You can turn the @everyone and @here thing off. Literally glance at the settings. You can even turn specific channels on and off without it affecting the whole discord. Say you want to hear @everyone in one channel but not others. Just right click that channel and change the settings.
>>
>he's not in my comfy as fuck discord
STAY MAD
>>
File: JUST GET IN THE PLANE.png (307KB, 621x471px) Image search: [Google]
JUST GET IN THE PLANE.png
307KB, 621x471px
>Girl joins the Discord channel
>Next day she's a mod
>>
>>384382762
Is that exclusive to the app or was it a recent update? I use the browser version and the options were pretty limited last time I checked.
>>
I just with you could have folders for servers, I'm in 30 different servers and the only option is to scroll through the servers
>>
>>384382230
You forgot
>Is a chinese botnet
>>
File: b4f.jpg (24KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
b4f.jpg
24KB, 600x451px
>>384381698
>join a Discord
>take some time to get to know the people there
>learn who's nice and interesting, and who's boring or annoying
>associate accordingly
>have a good time

or

>join a Discord
>start acting obnoxious to people I don't know
>spout memes and act confrontational when admins tell me to chill
>get buttmad and leave
>make this stupid thread

The choice was yours, OP. You chose poorly.
>>
>>384382912
Oh, yeah, that's the desktop and android platform. I'm rather unfamiliar with the browser version.
>>
>>384381698
ok
>>
>>384381698
And yet you still post on /v/
>>
>join 1 channel of hundreds of thousands
>it's shit
>F-Fucking discord! It sucks

At least fucking realize there are shit channels not the platform itself.

>>384382898
also this is annoying
>>
File: tumblr_o6crjzE5hk1v0pigno1_500.jpg (45KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6crjzE5hk1v0pigno1_500.jpg
45KB, 409x409px
>he doesnt have his own discord with a reasonable amount of people who all play games together, hate the same things and shitpost without mercy
>no drama, no mods/admin bullshit, no officer channels or any of that shit, just a group of smug shitposters
>>
>They frequently act like a murder of crows, cawing about fucking inane shit at all hours of the day and if you try to enter their circle, they peck your guts out until you fucking die.
This is a good thing. You don't get to be part of every fucking community on the planet, this isn't Skyrim.
>>
>>384382898
>Girl joins the Discord channel
>She shitposts all day every day and joins the "irrelevant posters who mock every discussion we have" circle
>>
>>384383018
I try that and I just never click with the people in the Discords, they're always so hyper and annoying, or I just don't associate with their interests. Why I don't use Discord for the most part, I met my ex-bf on there but that wasn't a very fruitful relationship.
>>
File: comfy house.gif (327KB, 834x870px) Image search: [Google]
comfy house.gif
327KB, 834x870px
>that guy who is always trying to talk about his life
That's what the off topic channel is for and it's usually dead for a reason, we're here to play video games not bitch about how our wifes cucked us.
>>
>joining random discord servers because you can't socialize without a computer screen
>not using discord solely as an app for you and some close personal friends to communicate online

I've never experienced any issues with discord but that's because I don't mingle with random people in random servers. Stop thinking things like discord are where you can find lifelong friends.
>>
>>384382898
>girl joins channel of community that has been solid for a while
>starts posting random shit
>other people do what they have been doing for a long time
>"WTF CAN X STOP POSTING!!!!!"
>>
>>384383717
>not using discord solely as an app for you and some close personal friends to communicate online
Nigga, you don't use Discord for that. You use fucking Teamspeak for that. Do you seriously want some silicone valley retards watching your conversations and thought policing you?

Everyone in this thread is a retard. If you use Discord for your IRL friends or for "a close personal group of people who 'chill' together" you're idiots.
>>
>joining public discord servers
You guys don't actually do this do you?
>>
>>384383379
judging by your image and filename you're exactly the type of person i try to avoid on discord servers
>>
>>384382809
>it's not actually comfy
>>
>>384381865
I'm already on a discord with my friends but I'd like to find one where I can talk to people who know more about video games than I do and aren't socially retarded on a base level.
>>
>>384381698
>why do I suck at making friends wherever I go
It's not them, it's you
>>
File: i.reddit.23213451245.jpg (365KB, 750x725px) Image search: [Google]
i.reddit.23213451245.jpg
365KB, 750x725px
>>384384158
no need to get fussy, don't want to tire yourself out with what little time you have left in the day before Shekelstein calls you in again so that he can afford his 5th yacht
>>
>>384383943
T. Autism
>>
>>384383379
>enjoying being a hivemind and circlejerking opinions
you should go back toreddit
>>
File: 1286062791812.png (124KB, 571x722px) Image search: [Google]
1286062791812.png
124KB, 571x722px
>>384384497
>Join discord
>having a chat seems we are getting along
>say I think Final Fantasy XII is trash
>kicked from the server
>>
That's what we call
"The circlejerk"
You know those dumb anime avatar threads on /b/?
Good luck talking to them because they are the same person and won't answer.
Its just a business nothing more
Nothing to lose your head over
>>
File: 1494122090836.png (517KB, 924x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1494122090836.png
517KB, 924x1400px
>>384385236
>Join a Discord
>Everyone seems alright and pretty laid back
>We start hanging out in VC and having a cool time
>Start talking about anime
>I mention how I enjoy HxH
>Immediately get shat on
>>
>>384385142
>there is no such thing as objectivity
>building a community is bad
brainlet

>>384385236
at least you dodged that autism
>>
>>384381698
I agree. It's all cliquey bullshit. I stopped falling for Discord threads awhile ago because it always ends the same.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.