[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stellaris

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: header.jpg (23KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
23KB, 460x215px
Is it good? Would you recommend it to someone who's new to the grand strategy genre?
>>
>>384380885
Typical Paradox title that gives base game and offers overpriced DLC that's cool but generally not worth the cost. It's enjoyable and worth the price for the base game, at least. Not as in depth as CKII, but still has enough for replay value. Wait for DLC to go on sale before buying it if you do decide to get it.
>>
>>384380885
If you enjoy macro management, sure.
>>
>>384382213
Can I learn this game quickly if I've played the other paradox games ? Or Is it different?
>>
>>384380885

As usual with Paradox games -
buy the base game because they're the only people making these sorts of games, but pirate all the DLC.
>>
It's shit
>>
>>384380885
>new to the grand strategy genre
that's me before playing stellaris
it's pretty easy to jump into cause it starts as 4x game. tho more you play the more problems you meet, like it's almost impossible to fight end game crisis on small map unless you know direct counter.
on large map you need a better PC so game won't slow down
AI is meh
A lot of downtime in the middle game unless you are really aggressive
zero personality of races, but pretty good for roleplaying race you can come up with
visual designs are meh
a lot of nice little stories via random events here and there, but after awhile they get stale
love the scale of the game
has some decent mod scene

worth to pick on a sale, you'll definitely have fun first 100 hours or so
>>
>>384382396
I guess so, if you've picked up their other games quickly. For me it was always trial and error, but I enjoyed that learning process.
>>
>>384382507
Don't you think a game that you put a 100 hours into is worth the cost, even if it's not on sale (at least what it costs)?
>>
>>384382907
It's 4x/grand strategy. getting bored after 100 hours is quite quick for this genre
basically worth just 3-4 games
>>
>>384382963
>games
meant sessions
>>
>>384382396
It's different, but the basic gameplay is easy to pick up.
>>
>>384380885
Stellaris and HoI 4 are probably the best entry level Paradox games since they're the simplest ones.

It's pretty okay, just has the usual Paradox problem of too much shitty overpriced DLC, especially things that should have been in the base game.
>>
>>384380885
I'd wait for the inevitable diplomacy DLC to get released. It's not a bad game, but a lot of features you'd expect from something like this are either missing or very shallow. The balance is also pretty shit.
>>
what the best way of fighting off scourge? I fucked up and wasted my 700 not basic corvettes fleet to them after finishing ~5 their 30k fleets, various battleships/destroyer combinations didn't work out either.
I heard cruisers with plasma will do the trick?
>>
>>384380885
It's 4X, not GSG.
>>
>>384383382
it's both. technically
>>
>>384380885
DLC isn't needed since it has a healthy modding community, even has steam workshop.

It's a slow burner for sure though. there is no unit micro, only managment micro. The most strategy you will get is baiting an awakened empire's super OP fleets around with your micro fleet for 10-20 years until they offer peace because they are too stupid to split their >2M doomstack, while you pinched off half their mining stations with a fleet 0.01% of their size.

Fun if you enjoy that kind of stuff.
>>
>>384383472
How is it GSG? Because Paradox made it?
>>
>>384383680
because while it has everything 4X technically has - winning as regular 4X game is very hard and almost no one does that.
I mean really, any big galaxy - you have shitload of empires - conquering that or what - 40% of habitable worlds? - will take literal days. Getting them all into federation? good fucking luck.
You basically set your own goal as in GSC at some point, reach that goal and start new game abandoning current one.
>>
File: 1499666628601.png (300KB, 440x495px) Image search: [Google]
1499666628601.png
300KB, 440x495px
>>384380885
>Not owning Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion so you can play Sins of the Prophets for the ultimate RTS experience.
>>
>be reptilians
>find primitive humans
>indoctrinate them
>covertly infiltrate there government and run the show
>genetically modifiy thme to be tasty
>eat them
JUST LIKE REAL LIFE
>>
File: stellaris.jpg (219KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
stellaris.jpg
219KB, 600x450px
>>
>>384380885
Steallaris isnt grand strategy, so "no" either way.
>>
>>384383973
>You basically set your own goal as in GSC at some point
Nothing you wrote supports your argument that it is GS, because all you said is equally valid for 4x.
How about you take a look at what it LACKS to be a GSG?
>>
File: Putting Albanians to good use.png (120KB, 1017x652px) Image search: [Google]
Putting Albanians to good use.png
120KB, 1017x652px
>>384380885
>shitlaris
>Grand Strat
Play a better game
>>
it's not bad for half a game
>>
>>384380885
As a strategy fan nah, it's not really that great. If you're a newbie to grand strategy/4X, play Europa Universalis 4 or Crusader Kings 2. Or if you want to play a 4X, Civ4 or 6.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.