[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain the reasoning behind Early Access.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 000009_xgaplus.jpg (253KB, 1152x772px) Image search: [Google]
000009_xgaplus.jpg
253KB, 1152x772px
Explain the reasoning behind Early Access.
>>
It's beta testing. Figure out what works and doesn't with the game, both balance and technical wise. Also funds the development of the game.

What the fuck do you think?
>>
File: 1350627788687.jpg (45KB, 536x645px) Image search: [Google]
1350627788687.jpg
45KB, 536x645px
>>384376771
Gamers and impatient and bandwagony, and just want to play as soon as possible regardless of if it's finished or not.

Devs can make money on the game while it's still in development to cover expenses and deliver a higher quality product without having to go to a publisher.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about this. Obviously the system is abused to fuck, but the reasoning behind it is as simple as it gets.
>>
>>384376771
Devs sell the game before it's finished.
Players who buy into it get input on the finished product.
Unlike beta testers, who have no obligation to buy the game, early accessers have already payed for it and are more likely to stick with it, making their input more valuable in the long term.
>>
>>384376771
it's supposed to allow player to improve your game through development

now it's just a cash grab
>>
Not only do you get beta testing for free, you actually have idiot beta testers play for the privilege of beta testing the game for you. It's win/win as long as you're not the idiot.
>>
all the risk of investing without any of the upsides or legal position
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.