[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate me game idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: uybgyMm.jpg (122KB, 671x481px) Image search: [Google]
uybgyMm.jpg
122KB, 671x481px
It's a building sim/ territorial coverage game, much like Age of Empires, but the focus is much more on building, growing and discovering than it is on combat.

It takes place in Antarctica . You pick a country, and you start building research centers, garages, food storages, roads, etc to claim as much land as Antarctica as possible. You can claim land by being the first to build a certain structure on top of it, but therefor you need to discover areas, return alive, and than go back there with the proper building materials and manpower, all while the environment and other players are preventing you from doing so.

Each country you can play as, has it's own exploration team captain, which is a stigma of a typical inhabitant of that country . These people give you tips, but also communicate with the other team captians in a Star Fox esque radio signal manner.

There's also a story mode, which let's you play as Roald Amundsen discovering the south pole in 1911 and you continue to play as Norway up untill far in the future in which the entire continent is inhabitet.

Opinions?
Other game ideas?
>>
You're free to post your own game ideas too BTW
>>
Please just say something about it, or the thread will die
>>
>>384374628

I'm guessing English isn't your first language, but aside from that the idea sounds solid enough, but you need to firm up the details of your pitch.

I mean I can imply from the mention of Age of Empires that it's an RTS? But you never explicitly state what it is and from your description it sounds as if it'd actually work better as a first/third person game, perhaps similar to Battlezone 1/2. The exploration/discovery (and presumably survival aspects given the setting) would be far more interesting and engaging if it was more than just revealing fog of war from a birds eye view.

Check out Astroneer, it sounds as if it'd share a lot of the same design ethos you have in mind, just with a different setting.
>>
>>384375602

I just checked the Astroneer trailer, that looks pretty cool

DESU I did mean for it to be a bird eye view RTS, but your point is pretty strong. Although I don't think a third person view of a playable character, like in Astroneer, would do the job. Maybe a camera angle that is a restrained birds eye view, with which the zoom out increases the more land you disover. Or perhaps a third person view on a main "vehicle" that can guide other "vehicles".
>>
>>384376431

If you're pretty set on going with a birds eye view, i'd almost be inclined to go with something a little less conventional and implement a heavy sensor/probe based system with extremely limited fields of view, give the player a bunch of interesting systems to work/play with beyond just visually revealing things.

Duskers is a pretty sweet example, but also think of it in an almost Submarine Sim sort of way, you're going to forever be battling against just how fucking dull of a setting Antarctica is so you're gameplay systems surrounding it are going to have to be pretty tight.
>>
>>384377212

Perhaps a radar system could work along with limited camera movement.

Also, I think I can make Antarctica look interesting with the mountains, lakes, deserts, oceans, etc is has, but also keep in mind that this game continues into the far future, where you might find abandon research stations or other futuristic buildings.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.