[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls II enthusiasts I want you opnion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 793641254312.jpg (493KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
793641254312.jpg
493KB, 1920x1200px
is it worth playing the dark souls II vanilla on 1.0 version? I want to see the changes before playing sotfs and suddenly came to me if the 1.0 it is worth giving a a try
>>
>>384372975
Just play SOTFS
>>
>>384374021
/thread
>>
>>384374021
but I want to play both
>>
>>384372975
>playing Dark Souls 2 in 2017
>when the PVP is dead

Enjoy missing out on the best part of the game.
>>
>>384375030
Then play both retard
>>
>>384375103
>PvP is dead
Still very active on PC at plenty of sm ranges
>>
>>384375030
Then play both. Why even make this thread if that's what you were already going to do?
>>
There's literally no reason to play vanilla DS2. SOTFS has all the same content, just arranged differently (and better) and has actual players.
>>
>>384372975
The rolling and attacking is the same.
>>
>>384372975
>is it worth playing the dark souls II vanilla on 1.0 version?
yes
/thread
>>
>>384372975
I don't like any version of Dark Souls II but Scholar (fully patched) is the "definitive" version the developers want people to play.
>>
>>384372975
If you want the actual vanilla 1.0, you need to play it on PS3/360.
They nerfed Shrine of Amana and few bosses pretty badly before the PC release.

It's a fun experience and shouldn't cost you too much though.
>>
Make sure you level your adp.
Keep a ranged weapon with you always (even pure str builds can throw throwing knives)
Don't freak out about soul memory. By the end of the game you'll be in a bracket in which you can connect with people millions of souls higher and lower than you, SM only really separates the very early game and late game characters from each other.
You get plenty of opportunities to respec (like 5 per ng) so if something's not working, RESPEC.
Don't be afraid of changing weapons all the time. If your rapier isn't working (narrow thrusts) then try a halberd (wide sweeps).
>>
>>384372975
>is it worth playing the dark souls II vanilla on 1.0 version?
Fuck no. Play SotFS.

>>384375030
Then go ahead, but do make sure play 1.0 so you can have a properly hellish time in Shrine of Amana before it got nerfed.
>>
>>384377115
pure str builds also have plenty of xbows to use
respecs are also technically infinite with ascetic farming because apparently the "B-team" are the only ones capable of making decent mechanics and design choices
>>
>>384376790
>>384377115
>>384377354
thanks
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.