[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is D2 so fucking comfy? Remember when blizzard games was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1280x720px
Why is D2 so fucking comfy?
Remember when blizzard games was the main reason of playing PC video games?
Is sin any good or I'm going to get raped on hell?
I finally managed to add the fucking plugy+HD+1.13 so I'm replaying it after 15 years, first time I played with a necro so I already played the fun class
>>
>>384365535
Let me guess, you used the premade package I posted on /vr/?
>>
>>384365535
Assassin is fucking boring as hell, I could never understand her playstyle.
Druid is basically very similar to Barbarian and Sorceress in that you either go RIP N TEAR (just with forms instead of axes) or AoE spellspam.
Necro is without a doubt the most fun.
Tbh I recommend you try Paladin, pretty well balanced class in terms of playstyles.
>>
>>384365535
Diablo 3 is better at everything and looks like a real game, why would you play that shit
>>
>>384366227
No, link me to it
What does it have?
I want to keep the gane as vanilla as possible
>>
d1 is comfiest
>>
>>384366227
So, you're the non-retro faggot posting in my retro board.

REE GET OUT 2K+ NORMIE
>>
File: 1500336382692.jpg (538KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
1500336382692.jpg
538KB, 1360x768px
>>384366358
>Diablo 3
>better at anything

Shit WoW artstyle complete with WoW pauldrons
Saturday morning cartoon story (D1/2 were at least appropriately grimdark and not tongue in cheek)
D3 Necro is a complete joke that can have max of 7 permanent skeletons on him at any time and rest being all temporary cooldown based summons, you don't even make skeletons from corpses, they just magically pop up out of ground even solid fucking rock in buildings.
Always online on PC, full of hacks on consoles that never get banned
First and last (You) will get from me.

>>384366479
Basically same as what you did but uses the D2SE mod manager for better compatibility, has optional script for WSAD movement and comes with Vanilla Frosting mod:
>>>/vr/4125905

>>384366569
>born at the very start of the 90s
>2K+
Wewlad.
>>
>>384365535
>member
I'm so glad I was not even alive to play the shit people like you "remember"
I tried to play one of those old as fuck games you shit about out (morrowind) and I wanted to kill myself
>>
>>384366673
>uses the D2SE mod manager for better compatibility
Using it was my ONLY way to finally make that shit work so I guess its literally the same
Im fine with mouse movement since you need to click stuff to attack it anyways so I guess I will keep my thing
>>
>>384368231
>Im fine with mouse movement since you need to click stuff to attack it anyways so I guess I will keep my thing
Get yourself Vanilla Frosting at least, SP/Offline/Lan balance was raped by Blizzard in 1.10+
>>
>>384368323
So plugy don't fix that?
Also that thread say something about SP being at 25fps?
I will download fraps and look at the fps to see
>>
>>384368554
Nope, Plugy is just for world events and bigger stash and injecting extra DLLs like Multires.
And yes D2 is permanently locked to 25 FPS in Single Player, only Multiplayer (including "Other Multiplayer which is basically single player if you don't share your IP) supports framerates above 25 FPS.
That's why you should be playing using the Other Multiplayer->TCP/IP->Host option for SP.
The only downside to this is that the map always get regenerated when you relog like on Battle.net
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>384368781
Fucking weird, 25fps single player 50-60 on multiplayer
so I can play the game just like a normal game even here, right?
I should just be sure to complete the zones before leaving because the shit will respawn, right?
>>
>>384369863
>I should just be sure to complete the zones before leaving because the shit will respawn, right?
Yeah, basically. Any waypoints you unlocked will stay unlocked just as if you were playing on Bnet.
So basically just clear everything up to the next waypoint before you save and quit, that's about it.
Also, you using DDraw or D3D?
>>
>>384366673
That SS spooked the shit out of me
fuck, I'm going to get the game again
FUCK
>>
File: 1432015646210.jpg (229KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1432015646210.jpg
229KB, 800x800px
>>384370207
>>
>>384369962
DDraw, game crash on glide and I don't even tried D3D, should I use it?

Also I'm going to play sin because I don't want to play with a nigga pala and I already abused baba/ama online back in the day, according to that thread trapsins are decent
>>
>>384370527
>DDraw, game crash on glide and I don't even tried D3D, should I use it?
Multires doesn't support Glide period, but D3D is functionally identical to Glide. Problem is that it doesn't work for everyone. It works for me but it didn't work for a friend of mine.
D3D has hardware acceleration, supports the Perspective view mode which tilts the map in 3D space giving it a faux-3D look as well as colored-lighting. Those features are also what Glide supports.
You lose Perspective and Colored Lighting in DDraw, everything else is the same.
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/216082

>don't want to play with a nigga pala
I hate niggers just as many as any civilzied person but even I'm not so fucking retarded as to miss on good gameplay just because of imaginary character's skin color. Who gives a shit if it's a nigger when it plays fun?
>>
>>384370853
Well using D3D I'm getting 5fps
I guess I will try it when I'm on my actual computer
I installed the vanilla frosting thing too its about time to play
and its not about the pala itself, that aoe hammer spam was boring and I had sorcs to bot pindleskin, the only thing I never actually used was the exp characters so its new to me and I don't want to play the druid
>>
>>384365535
No, but I remember when the C&C games were the only reason worth playing on PC; never enjoyed any of the Blizzard games till much until later in life, and even then I feel meh about them. Really the only reason to play PC in the 90s was to play an RTS for me.
>>
>>384371259
>I installed the vanilla frosting thing too its about time to play
I hope you got the older 8.3.0 version cause the latest one is made for 1.14d and flat out doesn't work with 1.13c not to mention the separate executables that don't work with Plugy etc.
All you need is just the Patch_D2.mpq from Vanilla Frosting 8.3.0 and throw it in the same mod folder as your Plugy Multires setup.
>>
>>384371420
Yeah I was wondering why my character had no cube as the page said
Oh well going for 8.3 then
>>
>>384371673
9.0.0 LITERALLY only offers update for 1.14, it has no new features of any sort. It's only there to make it work on 1.14, you're a moron for not reading the changelog desu.
>>
>>384371736
Well I was having weird issues so I just used your thing
Everything werks
>>
>>384372870
I tried to make mine idiot friendly, so I'm glad it works.
Does D3D work too? Didn't work for a friend of mine so I'd like a confirmation from someone else that ain't me that got D3D to work.
>>
>>384372945
yeah
>>
>>384373069
K cool, so it isn't just a case of "works on my machine".
>>
>>384366673
Thx for the link. I was playing for the first time and didn't know about 25fps and fuck up solo.
>>
>>384373160
Its just the vanilla thing as a mod as the difference so it should work anywhere
anyways, there is any way to see the loot always?
Keeping alt pressed is a fucking burden
>>
>>384374420
Honestly I don't understand how people don't "know" about it. You don't even need to know, it's immediately obvious from how horrible the mouse runs and how the map scrolling is laggy as shit and generally feels like shit.
>>
>>384374442
>anyways, there is any way to see the loot always?
Open WSAD Movement folder and read the readme there, it's an autohotkey script I made for WSAD movement, but it also has option for making ALT toggle.
Problem is that if you have it toggle, you can't click on enemies with left click (same as default D2 behaviour when you've got Alt held).
>>
>>384374491
I was talking about multiplayer mod fixing the fps. For me it was an issue with the game being old.
>>
>>384367760
Wish you had
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.