[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have 5 seconds to come up with the plot of a Paper Mario

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 13

File: Broozer.png (8KB, 125x99px) Image search: [Google]
Broozer.png
8KB, 125x99px
You have 5 seconds to come up with the plot of a Paper Mario game, the bosses of it, and the partners.
>>
Copy/pasting this from a previous thread.
>Game's about Bowser finding an ancient treasure, getting possessed, and taking over 90% of the Mushroom Kingdom
>Nine worlds
>First world is a city with grassland aspects and newspapers hanging off of vines
>Second world is a a desert with dozens of abandoned musical instruments and deserted clocktowers strewn about
>Third world is a circus in the middle of an island with the island's inhabitants forced to work in it
>Fourth world is a mausoleum with a cult of Shy Guys who praise a three dimensional being that can revive the dead
>Fifth world is a volcano at an ice cap, which causes the ice to melt and separate
>Sixth world is an amusement park in a wasteland with irradiated enemies in it
>Seventh world is a world in which time changes itself at random intervals, causing Mario to change sprites back to earlier Paper Mario games
>Eighth world is Bowser's Castle, and the lava is replaced by molten gold
>Final world is Peach's Castle, with Peach herself becoming possessed, and all the toads are enemies, with nowhere to rest and only three save points
>>
but they already ruined paper mario
>>
I've had an idea for a Paper Mario game I've been tossing around in my head for a while so here goes

>game takes place on a mystical island reminiscent of the Aztecs, full of dense jungles and golden architecture
>the villains are a savage tribe of pyromaniacs who worship a mysterious ancient idol
>much like Bleck's void in Super and the black paint in Color Splash, their primary weapon of choice is paper's greatest weakness: fire
>bosses and partners and the cast in general will have a very aztec/mayan feel - the first boss for example would be a fire-breathing chameleon called "Picantail"
>Bowser's shenanigans would come into play, but Bowser will eventually join Mario's party near the end of the game when he discovers that the fire tribe's idol is a far greater and more powerful threat
>final boss would take place on the rooftop of a tower as the sun rises, and the final boss theme would be a mix of tribal chanting and fast-paced, heroic music - with some of the main theme mixed in, of course
>one of the partners would have to be a golden Chain Chomp
>>
What Mario races/enemies haven't we seen as partners yet?

I'd like to have a piranha plant bro and maybe a wiggler waifu.
>>
>>384364185
>"Picantail"

sold
>>
>>384364185
Good job on that.
>>
>>384362312
Gonna continue on this.
>Tutorial boss is Koopatrol in cardboard armor
>First boss is the don of a Spike mafia
>Second boss is a band leader Whomp with musical instruments surrounding it and a bunch of Shy Guys with instruments following it
>Third boss is a ringleader Broozer with a Mega Mole on a unicycle, a Spike juggler, and a Zeus Guy as his backup
>Fourth boss is a paper mache gigantic Boo that swaps between possessing different items
>Fifth boss is a gigantic Piranha Plant that's suffering from heartburn, with both control over fire and ice, only destroying things because of the heartburn
>Sixth boss is a Snifit in a mech that wants to get rid of all the mutated enemies, regardless of alignment
>Seventh boss is a gigantic 8-bit Toad made of dozens of goombas
>Eighth boss is Bowser, with gold breath and bling
>Final boss has three phases
>First phase is Possessed Peach, who looks like a Shy Gal with a Phanto mask
>Second phase is inside the mind, with the mask possessing you and fighting you on the inside
>Final phase is the real world again, with it taking the form of a gigantic ghostly Silverfish
>Bells heard throughout the fight as long as an organ and a choir, but is otherwise heroic in nature
>>
the paper mario world is being folded and ripped in places and otherr worldly things have started coming through the tears. it is up to mario and luigi to find these creases and unfold and repair them before the whole universe is in shreds.
>>
>Bowser find the magical yarn star! Mario and his WACKY partner Xavier must go on a quest through 8 yarn filled worlds to restore the Mushroom Kingdom. They'll meet soon wacky toads on the way through this wooly adventure! On your way through the Kingdom, you'll meet the Seven Koopalings, who hold pieces of the yarn shard. Prepare for laughs and excitement in this sequel to Paper Mario: Color Splash. Exclusively on the Nintendo Switch!
>>
>>384369654
So pretty much this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJJXu80Xkmc
>>
is this how the last few games where made? cause it would not shockj me
>>
>>384361548
it's shit
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (34KB, 336x188px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
34KB, 336x188px
>>384361548

I'd just hijack Paper Mario: Countdown to Chaos and make that happen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlexcUtD2KY
>>
Bowser kidnaps peach
>>
>>384371469
GENIUS! Just gotta give him a slightly different color and everyone will buy it.
>>
bump again
>>
>>384371372
Well, what's stopping you?
>>
>>384374310
Cease and Desists.
>>
Bowser kidnaps who he thinks is Peach but is instead actually a prince from a neighbouring kingdom who actually ends up getting along with him quite well, bromance tier without actually being gay

Meanwhile Peach and Mario are teaming up to save Luigi from a Bowser impostor who is actually an ancient evil

Game switches between Bowser's party and Mario's party each chapter before the teams join up at the second-to-last chapter where they rescue Luigi and take down the big bad in the next chapter
>>
>>384376819
Cool idea.
>>
>>384361548
>Game is set in an alternative bad future timeline thanks to time travel, like in Partners in Time
>Bowser Jr. apparently froze his father in stone and took over the mushroom and koopa kingdoms, and is a tyrant.
> You join a wacky resistance group consisting of guys from the mushroom and koopa kingdoms, including guys like grown-up koopalings, Diddy and Dixie's kid, and so on.
>The leader of the resistance is a mysterious big guy who's wrapped in a big cloak.
>Old Mario and Old peach deal with the Mushroom Kingdom rebels and have you go to a creepy cheery propaganda town, a sprawling ghetto showing the effects of Bowser Jr.'s rule, old mushroom kingdom castle, now heavily converted, a kingdom made of moles and underground dwellers, ect.
> The current Bowser Jr. gets seperated early on and doesn't know about all this.
>Current Bowser refuses to help, since he doesn't believe his son would ever betray him.
> A big bad guy is about to shoot Bowser, and the cloaked rebel leader jumps in front of the laser-- it's the real future Bowser Jr. The other one is an imposter.
> You get to recruit him as a partner.
> You get one more person to recruit much later in the game who's implied but never confirmed to be Peach and Mario's daughter.
>>
> based in sarassaland
> tatanga is the villain
> daisy and luigi have their own story completely separate to Mario's in a similar fashion to bowser\peach ttyd
> paper representation of all the weird ass land worlds and enemies/partners to go with it
>>
>>384378260
Fanfiction tier.
>>
bump
Don't die on me now thread.
>>
>>384378260
this is pretty terrible ngl
>>
>>384376819
>>
>>384378260
this is the dumbest shit i've ever read
>>
File: new area.png (512KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
new area.png
512KB, 640x480px
>We're going to get Paper Mario rom hacks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxr5B0qZ8i0

How fucking hyped are all of you?
>>
>>384368468
>First partner's a gangster Shy Guy that's only working with you out of fear of getting caught by the cops, instead of tattling he rats out other enemies
>Second partner is a former Dayzee musician who puts enemies to sleep and can get you past Thwomps and blocked pathways
>Third partner is a Chuckya who isn't really comfortable doing what he's doing, because he's enslaving the inhabitants of an island. He can throw Mario to higher ground
>Fourth partner is a Dry Bones named Deaf who thinks he's the Grim Reaper, but he isn't, yet nobody can tell him because he's deaf. He can fit his head under narrow passageways to press switches for Mario
>Fifth partner is a Snow Pokey that can launch it's segmented body parts to hit switches, and only wants to adventure outside of the ice caps for once
>Sixth partner is a Bully who's naturally immune to the radiation affects, he rushes at doors to break them open like a Bob-Omb would do to explode them
>Seventh partner is a Bzzap! that can fly Mario over lerges by carrying him, while also only wanting to see the future for what it is
>Eighth partner is the Koopatrol who was the tutorial boss, sad that Bowser won't notice him at all, he joins you. He hides Mario by throwing a cardboard box over him.
>Final partner is an amnesiac female Toad who appears multiple times in the game, sometimes tossing you items or disguising as enemies. She can hide Mario to help him get through the castle, but it has a recharge time and it's temporary. It turns out she's actually a Duplighost in the credits.
>Optional partners include a Torpedo Ted that's a war-veteran with PTSD that can go through water, a Magikoopa gamedev that can turn blocks into items, and a secret one that's actually just Luigi poorly disguised as a Goomba so he can adventure with Mario on these crazy Paper journeys for once
>>
File: eyes.png (352KB, 620x500px) Image search: [Google]
eyes.png
352KB, 620x500px
>>384378260
What the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>384382072
I patched the rom but it gives an error on P64 2.1
Is it with the EU rom only?
>>
>>384382072
>new stories.
>new partners
>new unique characters.
>Possible new systems.

This will probably dilute the shit Paper Mario games we've been getting. THis is a happy day.
>>
>>384362312
>Sixth world is an amusement park in a wasteland with irradiated enemies in it
T-Todd? Is that you, buddy?

Also, excellent idea. If you were to do an indie tribute/ripoff after filing off the serial numbers, I'd play it.
>>
>>384382126
>First chapter's a mystery of who kidnapped Peach
>Second chapter is about stopping the horrendous music coming from the largest clocktower
>Third chapter is about freeing the slaves
>Fourth chapter's about stopping the cult, since they use Toad sacrifices for their Boo overlord
>Fifth chapter's about healing the giant Piranha Plant, since it's otherwise gonna set the world on fire if it gets out of hand
>Sixth chapter's about saving the inhabitants of the amusement park from being destroyed
>Seventh chapter's about saving yourself in the past from a monster that the evil mask sent to kill you with
>Eighth chapter's about defeating Bowser, there's also a bar in it where all the forgotten villains hang out
>Ninth chapter's about stopping a wedding between the possessed Peach and Bowser, you're given the option multiple times to just call it quits
That's it for now, how does it all sound?
>>
>>384382072
>Somebody's gonna mod in a Danger Badge that does infinite damage, but only if you're at 1 HP
>>
>>384374310

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqwP6uuYOWo
>>
File: KaminaThumbsUp.png (26KB, 335x263px) Image search: [Google]
KaminaThumbsUp.png
26KB, 335x263px
>>384365339
Thanks anon
Thought it was pretty clever myself

>>384366943
Oh yeah ikr I should totally work at nintendo

I was thinking the idol should probably be some giant bird-god, like a more menacing, huge, evil version of Rawk Hawk or something
>>
File: heh.jpg (31KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
31KB, 600x400px
>>384378260
>>
>Macguffin: A mask that can make a person's dreams become a reality. It was broken into 6 pieces because of it's power, yadda yadda yadda.

>Premise: Princess Peach, Mario, Luigi, Toadsworth attend a commemorative masquerade ball at a kingdom that was created from the mask. Various members of royalty from neighboring kingdoms are also in attendance (SMB3 kings, wort and other cameos)
Bowser crashes the ball accidentally unleashing one of the mask pieces on display. It releases a flood of nightmares that spew forth.
Various royal leaders are affected by the chaos and rendered comatose by the mask's power which slowly begins to warp their respective kingdoms into nightmarish versions of what they would be.
You have to recover the other mask pieces to reverse the tide of nightmares and save the kingdoms.

6 initial chapters for the mask pieces, 3 for the royalty of masque kingdom, 2 for the endgame chapters and 1 one postgame chapter for 12 total.
>>
>>384361548
man, nintendo's gotten lazy.
also, stop making these fucking games. there didn't need to be one past the second. the gimmick has worn out its welcome. what's with devs running cute charming ideas into the ground and far past their prime? this isn't even that big of a franchise. fucking make something new. I know, mario clay. there ya go. the potential is nearly endless.
>>
>>384386507
Because we can.
>>
>>384384448
Sounds like Nintendo loves losing money.
>>
>>384387724
t. Tanabe
>>
Dunno about plot but I always said a lanky manlet nerdy Chargin Chuck that sucks at sports and indirectly and accidentally attacks can be cool.
>>
>>384378260
>>
>>384388495
Is he cucked every minute by a total chad of a Goomba?
>>
>>384382072
Where can I get a rom of PM64 now that emuparadise doesn't have it?
>>
File: BOWSER.jpg (140KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
BOWSER.jpg
140KB, 1024x1024px
>>384364185
F.U.N.D. I.T. Bonus points if the guys you are describing are related to M. Bush's.

I have an idea for one of the mid chapters, maybe Chapter 4 or 5.

In place of bloodshed and coordination demands of all-out war, Aztecs used have what's called the "Flower Wars;" raids in which they would abduct political figures or generals and hold them for ransoms. It would be funny if at one point in the game your company gets attacked and everyone tries to protect Peach but who the M. Bushes are really after is Mario, because they want Peach's pay-out rather than her. But their demands are too outrageous. So Peach has to coax Bowser into helping her save his own nemesis. He reluctantly agrees in exchange for an unheard reward, but when you meet the tribals they confuse him for their god, "Quetzalkoopl."

So Bowser gets full of himself and decides he's in a position to not only lead these tribals to victory against whatever evil besets them, but also conquer the Mushroom Kingdom. So he throws Peach and co. into a cell with Mario, and you have to stop Bowser in classic Mario fashion.
>>
File: download.jpg (412KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
412KB, 1024x576px
>>384361548
Well /v/? How'd I do
>>
File: Mike-Love.jpg (9KB, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
Mike-Love.jpg
9KB, 56x56px
Paper Mario In: Kill Tanabe

The goal of the game is to erase Tanabe's influence from Paper Mario's history, the only way to accomplish this is to collect all seven Bad D-Zign Stickers. Along the way you meet familiar faces like Goombario and Bow, who've been trapped underground because Tanabe willed it, I guess. The final boss of the game is Tanabe.

Seriously, fuck Tanabe. I hope he's proud of his piece of shit game. I can't even enjoy these threads anymore because they depress the hell outta me, knowing they can never happen thanks to one fuckhead.
>>
>>384390028
Maybe there's another tribe that's just as evil that uses water powers instead, because as everyone knows, paper dissolves in water, and their idol wishes to flood the world once freed, but is only a secret boss.
>>
>>384390128
touhou is autistic and gay
>>
>>384390162
I'd play it, now turn it into a real thing >>384382072 , it'd be more fun than anything the newer games can offer me.
>>
>>384390162
It'd get a 100 on Metacritic.
>>
>>384390128
GET OUT WEEBS
>>
>>384371469
why not peach kidnaps bowser
>>
File: get excited.png (272KB, 200x271px) Image search: [Google]
get excited.png
272KB, 200x271px
>>384382072
OH BABY
>>
>>384384448
It's pretty good.
>>
>>384382072
I have a feeling it's gonna take forever for a good hack to show up, especially when working with new tools. But hopefully some real gems can be produced! Cautiously optimistic
>>
>>384389812
Wait what? What happened to it?
>>
>>384397743
They stopped hosting a lot of Nintendo roms, iirc they were afraid of being sued or something.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A LINK FOR PM64 ROM?
>>
>>384398010
just get it from the no intro collection
>>
>Bowser/other big bad kidnaps Peach using 7 mcguffins

>Mario has to save Peach by finding 7 mcgiffins/counter 7 mcguffins.
>>
>>384400298
what about if the mcguffins when they are together somehow do some other crazy shit that bowser didnt know about and now mario and bowser team up to defeat the super mcguffin
>>
>>384382072
Does P64 still run Paper Mario like shit?
>>
File: thousandyeardoor.jpg (82KB, 306x240px) Image search: [Google]
thousandyeardoor.jpg
82KB, 306x240px
Paper Mario Warios

It's another Koei Warriors tie in game, and takes the hundreds-of-characters-onscreen part of thousand year door up a few notches.

With the simpler enemy units than the other Warriors games, they go hog wild with the settings.
>>
>>384402057
Great idea.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.