[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is only the first game good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: Ratchetandclanklogo.png (172KB, 482x207px) Image search: [Google]
Ratchetandclanklogo.png
172KB, 482x207px
Why is only the first game good?
>>
>>384357551
The online multiplayer was dope in the sequels.
>>
>>384357551
GC and UYA blow it out of the water.
>>
>>384357551
You just wanted to start a R&C thread, didn't you?
>>
>>384357551
Fucking retard
>>
>>384357551
Eh. I'd argue the first is the worst in the series. There are other entries which are "meh" but they at least have the perfected formula going for them. The first is very much a "work in progress."
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D60HTdBckxM

just got the reboot the other day, finished quartu tonight.
i'll have to get the collection for ps3, haven't played the originals since i was a kid. never even finished the first 2 lel. the levels in those games felt fuckin huge.
why did they change the name of metropolis?
>>
>>384358162
The reboot/remake follows the movie, they probably changed the name in the movie because "Metropolis" is kind of a lazy name for a city.
>>
>>384358162
>why did they change the name of metropolis?
Because they didn't know what the fuck they were doing for the reboot
>>
>>384357551
>"I haven't played GC, UYA, ToD or ACiT" the post
>>
>>384358162
I think a better question is why the fuck they changed the music
>>
>>384358462
because DNB is for toddlers
>>
>>384357551
The first is my favorite too, no RPG bullshit. It's your skill vs the game. Plus Ratchet looks less like some random mechanic past this game. I love the rag-tag look of the duo, they don't belong in the big cities and they don't give a fuck.
>>
>Still no full length traditional R&C since ACIT
And even then that game had less planet levels than a lot of the series in exchange for space sub levels. Which was fine
Nexus was short, Remake was shorter than the first game, most of the releases were gimmick shit.
>>
>>384357551
The original trilogy is great. 1 has the best music and level design but the gameplay improved greatly with every new iteration. Except 2's spaceship levels. Fuck 2's spaceship levels.
>>
>>384358523
Xd
>>
>>384357551
You mean 1, 2, 3 and gladiator.
>>
ACiT has the best Clank sections.
>>
>>384358338
yea that crossed my mind. are the properly animated cutscenes straight out of the movie???

>>384358385
it's fun enough, and i do appreciate how polished looking everything is, but it's definitely a hugely shallow game.

>>384358462
i felt that some of the planet soundtracks were similar, but there's too much edm influence. original tracks were really playful. really wished that the soundtrack for aridia was closer to the original
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SayDVbcuBdE
>>
>>384358896
True
>>
>>384359016
I'd say the series needs a break for another several years and then come back with a ACiT level game that takes places after Nexus, no more "reimagining" shit since the movie was a huge waste of time and effort
>>
>>384358679
This anon is correct. Personally, I think that 3 is the best one.

>>384358896
Literally my favourite part of that game (how did that happen?) I hope that, if they keep making clank levels, they are as good as the ones in ACiT.
>>
>>384359180
Well Insomniac is currently focusing on Spider-Man, so they're probably taking a break right now.
>>
>>384357551
Because it has the best soundtrack
>>
>>384358679
I liked 2's spaceship levels.
Except the race sidemission, fuck that
>tfw nuke upgrade
Give me a full game like that, I might as well try out ace combat.
>>
>>384357551
because Ratchet was barefoot
>>
>>384358162
I'm pissed they got rid of Ratchet and Clank's "ex-friends" arc. And Quark was just an asshole throughout the whole game, and it wasn't a plot twist.
>>
>>384359180

i never played any after gladiator (deadlocked), except quest for booty, but that was like an hour or two long.

i was concerned it all went to spinoff hell and the story might just be convoluted mess, so i never bothered to keep up with them.

>>384360884

yeah he was like a near mythical figure before you meet him in rc1, then in the reboot they make it painfully obvious he's a shit cunt. the dialogue in general is so fuckin childish. not to say the originals weren't childish, but they could also be quite serious.
but what should be expected from a game based on a movie based on a reboot of an old series. at least they have a few places where characters poke fun at video game pre order bonuses and the whole premise of the game being a reboot
>>
>>384361430
>he was like a near mythical figure

That's something that sort of continued into Going Commando with the Behind the Hero sequences. This is probably my favourite cutscene in the franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7FqwEuzaA4
>>
>>384357551
Because you said so. Your words have the ability to become fact.

>>384360739
He did not have the generic dog paws, so the furfag argument does not work.
>>
File: teal stuff copy.png (3MB, 1886x1374px) Image search: [Google]
teal stuff copy.png
3MB, 1886x1374px
How many of you watched it?
>>
File: SnowbeastAward.jpg (50KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
SnowbeastAward.jpg
50KB, 600x450px
>>384363573
How many of you watched it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK6eeS1LPFQ
>>
>>384364047
That? Thrice. Mike Stout is the nicest bloke, but he really likes to tone down the difficulty oh his games to the point 5 year olds could beat his games in 1 try. To learn that you did not have the TURN the wrench anymore in the bolt cranks broke my <3.
>>
>>384357551
The first game was the worst in the series. You couldn't even fucking strafe in it.
>>
>>384364440
You can flip, and that's enuff.
>>
>>384364440
It wasn't built around strafing
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.