[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Summoners and Pet Classes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: SummonerofElements.jpg (175KB, 1024x599px) Image search: [Google]
SummonerofElements.jpg
175KB, 1024x599px
What games have the best Summoner-type classes? Whether it be RPG or whatever.
I like summons and minions. The more useful the better. Enjoyed drone boats in eve online, my golem in d2, spellcasting pets in torchlight 2 and junk loot eating ones in dungeon siege 2.

What game does this playstyle justice in your opinions?
>>
I really enjoyed ESO's summoner. The actual summoner subclass is kind of weak but another subclass is high damage AOE and my two favorite classes are summoner and AOE so being able to mix them however I wanted was pretty great. Equip a healing staff and now you can summon, deal high AOE damage, and heal your pets twice as effectively as the stock summoner heal.
>>
>>384352750
I would play it now its not a sub, but kinda wanted a single player game.
>>
>>384353276
As summoner you can basically play ESO's PvE singleplayer. I'm not well versed in classic singleplayer summoner though
>>
>>384352373
EQ magician, D2 Necro, Torchlight Alchemist, Torchlight 2 hybrid summoner outlander. Also >assfaggots but Chen from Dota 2.
>>
File: Magic&Mayhem.jpg (100KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Magic&Mayhem.jpg
100KB, 800x600px
This game doesn't get enough fucking credit.
>>
>>384353487
>Also >assfaggots but Chen from Dota 2.
why not enchant. She has that spear chuck thing as well
>>
>>384352373
Everquest
>enchanter summons phantoms and can charm
>necro summons skeletons and ultimately specters
>Mage summons fire/earth/air/water elementals all with different abilities and uses
>Wizard summons familiar that boosts int and improves mana efficiency
>Shaman summon a spirit wolf

some good shit.
>>
>>384352750
>>384353276
>>384353403
Is the game sub based or one time buy and play forever? Also p2w or nah? I don't know jack shit about the game, but want to give it a shot.
>>
>>384352373
Overlord 1 and 2
>>
>>384353840
Chen is more of a pure pet character. Ench usually only has only one or at most two creeps with her and relies more on her abilities to be useful while the point of Chen is that he goes around with his crew of Jungle creeps and catapults and fucks people and towers up with them.
>>
>>384354023
You buy once and you can play the game. It's not p2w but it's definitely p2not-be-majorly-inconvenienced-while-crafting.
>>
>>384354090

This. Great for being a big boss summoner.
>>
Two Worlds 2. A VERY mediocre game but the spellcasting system allows you to combine summon with most other shit to summon a WIDE variety of crap and you can have a LOT of them at any given time.

Great fun. A shame the game flopped so hard, it's one of my guilty pleasures.
>>
>>384354684
The best spellmaking mechanic ever stuck in a bad game. It's a pity. I made a spell that made anvils rain from the sky and then summoned a tornado around the player creating an anvilnado. It usually hurt me more than the enemies but damn if it wasn't fun.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.