[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Look I understand why Switches are out of stock, but WHY THE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

Look I understand why Switches are out of stock, but WHY THE FUCK ARE JOYCONS TOO?!
>>
Haptic rumble motor shortage.

Parts are scarce as fuck right now. Samsung and Apple and Huwaei have all this shit bought up for phones
>>
>>384348252
>out of stock
Not in Europe, literally warming shelves.
>>
>>384348426
>mobile industry strikes again
Jesus
>>
>>384348252
Probably because Nintendo is going the whole nine with the gay business strategy of
"let's purposely do forced shortages to make it seem even more popular than it actually is" meme.
>>
>tfw don't care about the switch
>in the case I do want a Switch, by the time I do, there will probably be a lot of Switches in stock anyway
>>
>>384348832
>let's purposely do forced shortages to make it seem even more popular than it actually is

wow, if only that were actually true
>>
>>384348847
So you won't care about Switch until 2019?
>>
>>384348426
based apple eternally BTFO nintendorks
>>
>>384348847
Next year, yeah. Unless you are a Nintendo fan, it's better to just wait.
>>
File: d63.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
d63.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
>>384348904
>wow, if only that were actually true
It is true though, not entirely with Switch mind you but they've been doing that shit since forever with games. Artificial scarcity on games was a thing since at the very least DS and Wii.
They clearly applied this to Switch as well (especially since it's LITERALLY warming shelves in continental Europe since EU never gave a fuck about Nintendo) to make it seem more popular than it is knowing that rabid fanboys, especially Americans, would rush to buy it.
In Nintendo's defense and for the sake of objectivity however it's worth saying that their artificial scarcity is only one side of the coin, the other is actual manufacturing problems with Switch due to Apple buying out the company that was making hardware for Nintendo and purposely underdelivering and withholding components so as to make Nintendo pay Apple more than what was originally agreed between Nintendo and the company they contracted (forgot their name but you can look it up).
>>
>>384348832
How does that even make sense in terms of business
>>
>>384348252

Buy Switch ... twice
and extra Joy con all version.. twice
and hard copy of game ... twice
and every official Nintendo products .. twice

Nintendo fan pro tip .. buy it, don't unwrapped it, collect its all.
>>
>>384348756
Europe doesn't care about anything that isn't CoD, Fifa and Asscreed so yeah it checks out.
Unless you count eastern Europe, then you can count steam memegames/simulators
>>
>>384349238
The best way to sell a lot of a product is to actually sell less!
>>
>>384349201
stop talking
>>
>>384349442
This is horribly wrong though anon. Europe generally likes the exact same games Japan and America do (Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest sell better in EU than in US, for example), it's just they've never been fans of Nintendo much because SEGA (in the 90s) and Sony dominated that market since time immemorial.
The only exception to that is UK which is why I said "continental Europe" in previous post, since in UK apparently the Switch is doing more or less equally good as US. This isn't meant to be some fucking US vs EU superiority muscle flexing contest anon, I'm just shedding light on what's been going on.

>>384349531
God forbid I try to be objective and not shitpost.
>>
>>384349238
>>384349510
Wow y'all are really dumb. Obviously good business is to sell more, but to spark more interest by creating demand. There's going to be new bundles being sold for the holidays and they will be limited and sought after
>>
>>384348771
First they took our NANDs, then they take our rumbles
>>
>>384349814
Oh yeahhh I forgot, they have to create a false sense of demand to make up for their 4 games
>>
>>384348252
I see them pretty much every time I'm at Target. I wasn't under the impression that they were hard to obtain at all.
>>
>>384348252
>nintendo is the only company in the world that has shortages
really make you think
>>
>>384348756
no, they dont care about consoles with no games
>>
>>384350448
Then why is the PS4 doing so well over there?
>>
>>384350792
because fifa and cod = games, unlike botw
>>
>>384350848
hm makes sense
>>
>>384350792

>PS4 exclusives
Uncharted series
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Bloodborne
FF
Crash Bandicoot (remaster)

and then you can play these games with friends
>Console trash games
Fifa
CoD
Rocket League

Not saying any of those games is good or anything, but those are quite popular games that can easily warrant the purchase of a console. Meanwhile, the Switch has BotW and that's it.
>>
>>384351018
Switch library will be caught up by the end of the year how pathetic lol
>>
>>384351095

It was from the top of my head. There's obviously more games.

The point is that there's literally no reason to buy a Switch at this point, unless you're an enormous fan. There's one decent game and maybe some 'fun' games if you're willing to spend all that money just to play Mario Kart.

It'll be a great party console once the price drops, just like the Wii was.
>>
>>384351612
>There's obviously more games
not really though?
>>
File: 1463267712093.png (961KB, 3588x4320px) Image search: [Google]
1463267712093.png
961KB, 3588x4320px
>>384349846
Really rumbles my tumbles
>>
>>384351706

Nioh
GoW remaster
Gravity Rush
Infamous
Ratchet and Clank
The Order
>>
Just the usual false scarcity from nintendo attempting to make it look more in demand than it is :)
>>
>>384352160

>The Order

Come on anon, listing that exclusive as a positive is like shooting your credibility in the foot. If that's the kind of game you think actually defends the PS4 lineup, we have very different standards for what constitutes a 'game'.
>>
>>384352160
meh
>>
>>384348426
how the fuck is there a shortage of rumble motors?
its literally two tiny magnets and a coil of copper in encased in plastic.
>>
>>384354976
You should call Nintendo and tell them you got their ass covered.
>>
>>384352579

Never said it was a positive, but apparently some people like it.
I also mentioned Mario Kart for Switch, which is also hardly a positive.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.