[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has nobody attempted to reboot the Guild Wars 1 gameplay?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Prince_Rurik.jpg (104KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
Prince_Rurik.jpg
104KB, 768x768px
Why has nobody attempted to reboot the Guild Wars 1 gameplay?

>pay to play, no subscription every month allowing people to just come and go without the addiction
>low level cap allows most players to join the herd pretty quickly
>no gear grind, everything is cosmetic past the "max armor" purchase
>heavy focus on multiplayer PvP with several gamemodes ranging from very competitive or just for fun
>ability to create PvP character with adequate gear to only play PvP
>still decent PvE content, with good storylines and well-crafted, diverse areas
>very high amount of skill builds that the community itself is creating with only 8 skills at a time, allowing creativity and ingenuity over bloated skillbars

Just add a real-money ingame shop with expensive cosmetic items to lure the mommy's credit cards and you've got a good business going.
>>
>>384346468
that's almost word for word what The secret world did minus the pvp focus and look how that turned out
>>
File: 1466829119069.png (171KB, 335x358px) Image search: [Google]
1466829119069.png
171KB, 335x358px
>>384346879
The Secret World decided to have animations so bad, it should of been illegal to let something like that be considered "finished". Also the build 5, spend 5, was shit.
>>
>>384346468
You make me sad anon. I'd really like a new gw1
>>
>>384346879
>minus the PvP
Well there you go buddy.
Guild Wars was all about PvP, Heroes' Ascent, GvG, Team Arenas... hell even the Factions' Alliance Battles had their charm.
>>
>mmo gameplay with pvp element

PVP in mmos has been and always will be trash.
>>
>>384347160
You are the reason this genre went to shit. Thanks to idiots like you MMOs are now themed chat rooms.
>>
Is there even a reason to get into a MMO these days?
>>
>>384347263

It's not my fault it's always been trash, I didn't do anything dude. I'm just telling the truth.
>>
>>384347363
You clearly didn't get to experience UO/early days of Lineage 2.
>>
>>384347672

PK and wildy shenanigans was for faggots.
>>
>>384347160
t. 16 year old who never played GW1

sorry you missed out buddy.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.