[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what exactly went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

File: unnamed.png (46KB, 300x264px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
46KB, 300x264px
what exactly went wrong?
>>
>>384345750
niggers
>>
>>384345750
Online.
>>
>>384345750
There are no animals or sea creatures online.
>>
>>384345750
Somebody decided to keep updating Online after Benzies left.
>>
The series has become stale. The move to 3d at least offered a step up but now we are just retreading old ground. They came up with the 3 character gimmick but it just made for a disjointed experience which wasn't helped by the fact the story sucked ass anyway. No main protag and no clear villian? Lol yeah great work Rockstar that should engage the player.
>>
>woah dude people liked three leaf clover from iv so lets make every mission three leaf clover
>>
Online: we need to sell shark cards to make money despite the fact this game is the best selling of all time, lets make it a complete grind and intentionally nerf any sort of 'best case money making' scenario to force people to buy them. lets also make them such bad value that you have to spend the price of the game again to buy one car.
>>
>>384346694
Michael was clearly the main character.
>>
File: 1491985156267.jpg (69KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491985156267.jpg
69KB, 600x600px
>>384345750
shitty 3protagonist mainframe
no expansions
online module as a whole
>>
>>384345750
1. They fired Benzies due to greed.
2. Benz was the only person holding back the gates of extreme greed.

GTAV under Benz would have had SP DLC.
It didn't necessarily need shark cards, because of the in-game stock market (Bawsaq was shutdown the day Benz went on 'sabbatical')
>>
>>384345750
It's not a bad game, just SA was better.
>>
>>384347157
Online was fine, then Benz got fired.
Then Online was a grindfest where you needed shark cards to do anything fun (until Hackers/modders).
>>
>>384345750
Single player dlc got scrapped for the sake of shilling shark cards
>>
>>384345750
GTA V felt like a rushed product.

They announced it as a huge breathing world, but ultimately the city architecture was incredibly flat, the map was relatively lifeless, especially compared to previous entries in the series.

Despite implementing more social dynamic mechanics in the pedestrians, the NPCs felt very artificial and uninspired compared to GTA IV.

Gun mechanics felt really stale in comparison to IV too. IV had a very limited array of weapons, but they felt like they had an impact and appeared varied in visual and sound. V's arsenal was huge. A wide selection of customizable weapons, but with next to no difference in feel. They felt like a point and click gimmick.

The biggest con IMHO was the building/map composition. You could clearly tell they originally planed to include accessible buildings like in SA and IV. I remember seeing the old restaurant chains like Burger Shot or Cluckin' Bell, and when I tried to enter, I found nothing but a static door with a low res texture that didn't even try to impose the illusion of depth.

You found a ton of back alleys, fleshed out parks, gardens and little architectural surprises scattered around in SA. Also there were many little villages and towns apart from the 3 main ones in SA which all felt legit and gave a feeling of exploration and orientation. I remember finding some unique melee weapon hidden around the back of a small gas station along the high way in SA. Or little funny signs hanging in a shop in a village in the middle of nowhere. Memorable small moments.

In V everything felt basic and without love for detail. Buildings were simple textured cubes. Next to no room to explore or find neat little secrets. Just one main city with a huge, flat surfaces of nothingness surrounding it. (Let's be honest about that)

Instead they went with a heavily narrative-driven, cinematic approach which played with pop/meme culture references and took freedom from the player.
>>
>>384348958
What he said and the three main protags were all sweaty garbage bags of shit stained diapers leaking garbo juice
>>
Better than 4.
>>
>>384345750
At first: I like IV more, but to say V is a bad game is objectively wrong, it's above the large majority of open world games in terms of quality and writing, but here are the things V did wrong in comparison to IV:

- the guns feel like airsoft, no impact whatsoever
- the protagonists have exactly one character threat which define them completely (they probably did that because it would be almost impossible to write 3 complex characters with nuances, so they came with simplicity)
- there is no actual antagonist. I finished it 4 times and still don't know who is the bad guy, Devon? And if, why? And why they decide to kill Stretch? He was in only 2 missions, who the fuck was this guy? What was his motivation?
- the driving is even more arcade than in the PS2 titles

Besides that it's fairly above average. Except for contrarian Reddit Hipster I've never met anyone who actually said "This is on a technical point of view a bad game".
>>
File: 1500097170255.png (1MB, 896x874px) Image search: [Google]
1500097170255.png
1MB, 896x874px
Idk. I still enjoy it Opie. /v/ will start shilling GTAV once RDR2 or GTA VI come out since most of this board is underaged contrarian faggots who were 4 when GTA IV came out.
>>
>>384347256
and yet you're obligated to play as the two other cunts that no one cares about
at least Franklin was redeamable for being an alright character with a sensible mentality and because of the fun interactions he had with his friends and family, but Trevor "all I do is drag the plot backwards" Edgemcgee made story mode an absolute annoyance
>>
I mean, It could be better, but It's not that bad as people in here say, even Online. Last night I had a blast with some friends in online doing silly shit, it's enjoyable, but of course it has their flaws, like having one of the most awful online communities ever, the fact that Rockstar is trying to milk this game blatantly and shill their memecards (The gunrunning updated was one of the best examples about this issue), and that the core nature of the Grand Theft Auto universe is changing to something more "current year".
The game both single player and multiplayer is not bad, but could be way better. I cross my fingers wishing that the next GTA will be better than this and hopefully set in an expanded Vice City, but I'm starting to be a little skeptical about this, seeing how Rockstar is behaving lately.
>>
>>384345750
The map felt lazy and uninspired.

>SA
Los santos was area was shit. San fierro, mount chiliad region, desert bone county region and las Venturas were fun to free roam. All the areas felt different. It made the map feel bigger than it actually was.

>V
Los santos area was shit. Rest of the map is fucking wasteland with nothing in it. It left me wondering where the fuck the rest of it is.

Also the online was shit. GTA SAMP Is what online for V should've been. SA wasn't perfect but it's closer to perfection than V is.
>>
File: 1498157884687.jpg (412KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1498157884687.jpg
412KB, 1800x1200px
>>384348958
This 100%.

>>384349798
>it's fairly above average. Except for contrarian Reddit Hipster I've never met anyone who actually said "This is on a technical point of view a bad game".
Nobody said that. It's technically solid. But that doesn't replace good writing and creating an exciting experience.

>>384349841
I'm no contrarian. I liked games /v/ shat on for years and I find games crap /v/ worships. GTAV was just an objectively weak successor to its high caliber predecessors. In other GTAs I spent countless hours cruising and adventuring. GTAV was the first game where I found myself thinking "When is this over?"
>>
>>384345750
>still a weekly top selling game, despite being released half a decade ago
>something went wrong
/v/
>>
>>384350583
>commercial success reflects the quality of a product
(pic related)
>>
>>384345750
>>
>>384350782
Yes, actually, especially when it comes to interactive media.
At the end of the day, the goal of a game is to deliver a fun experience to the consumer.
If this doesn't happen, the game won't sell.
similar to how the goal of Transformers was to deliver an action-packed drama
Face it. The only reason /v/ thinks GTA V is a bad game is because "normies" enjoy it.
>>
>>384347449
I thought Benzies was the one behind Online
>>
>>384345750
too good, sold too much, backlash. hipsters, contrarians.

/thread.
>>
>>384345837
this

Rockstar handled it poorly and it gets worse after each update with promising content but huge pay walls and instant disappointment once you unlock the new stuff.
>>
>>384348958
Yeah, there's something so wrong about Los Santos after the amazingly detailed Liberty City
>>
File: 1487355780915.gif (650KB, 1536x704px) Image search: [Google]
1487355780915.gif
650KB, 1536x704px
>>384345750
It started to be about money grindan instead of having fun in the game.
Nothing is balanced.
Massively punishing players for STEALING OR DESTROYING CARS while other players attack you.
Flying fucking motorcycles with missles and 20+ hit vehicles on a pushbutton summon that shoot so many fucking missles your screen shakes like a hacker is firing unlimited explosive rounds at you.
Also if anyone leaves any of the player-created game modes it goes back to lobby so nobody plays them.

At least the editor is fun to make movies in but even that is extremely gimped unless you risk modding your game and getting your online account banned, forcing you to redownload the entire game or keep a backup copy to run soley for editing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fvUfjt2r1M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG6Hwv70QfE
>>
>>384345750
Online focus
no euphoria engine
>>
>>384345750
online game economy balanced around micro-transactions

online having extremely shitty matchmaking, netcode and lobby, as well as laughable anti-cheat

singleplayer never received story expansions
>>
>>384345750
>why do i move here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkoHAzjnUs
Still remember the hype
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (18KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
18KB, 1280x720px
>>384345750
Emphasis on having three, boring playable characters instead of focusing on just one.
Trevor.
Locking most content behind Online.
Online being shit in general.
>>
GTAO
Franklin's story being too half baked
Map having a boring layout, not having a county feel that San Andreas did.
Antagonists are all boring government agents who are forgettable

Those are the big ones for me.
>>
>>384351779
>no euphoria engine

wrong you spastic retard mongoloid faggot
>>
>>384345837
spbp
>>
>>384352305
>being this mad
>>
File: smugkek (2).png (294KB, 463x432px) Image search: [Google]
smugkek (2).png
294KB, 463x432px
>>384345750
Nothing, it improved on everything.
>>384345837
>Playing GTA for it's MMO capabilities instead of enjoying it for what it was primarily made for.

Did you bitch about Red Dead Redemption's online gameplay too?
>>
>>384351364
He was, but until he was fired, the shark cards were simply a background option - you could make plenty of in game money in other ways (even as simple as robbing clothing stores vs. convenience stores)
>>
File: 1468009718957.png (89KB, 253x275px) Image search: [Google]
1468009718957.png
89KB, 253x275px
>Saints Row-tier parody
>too much emphasis on online
>antifun police
>boring storyline and characters
>3 protags that aren't fleshed out
>map is 75% empty
>not enough cheats
>shooting mechanics are half assed
>arcade driving
>much less side activities than previous games
That being said it wasn't a bad game, but it was a big disappointment for me. I feel they tried to innovate where it wasn't needed.
>>
>>384345750
nothing, it is one of the best games to be released in the last decade.
>>
>>384346251
>he doesnt play fivem which is the singleplayer map
>>
>>384354901
Nothing in V pissed me off more than the fact that it's an awkward hybrid between the realistic and arcadey styles. I like the arcadey style of the 3D era, and I also like the realistic style of IV, so pick one or the other rather than giving me a half-assed mix of both.
>>
Do you think they'll make a 6? 5 is one of the most sold games of all time, can they top that?

lamar did nothing wrong
>>
>>384351229
No, the goal of a product is to make money.
Which in the modern day and age usually involves using psychological tricks to mess with the dopamine/serotonin cycle to cause addition.
Marketing budget is inverse proportional to quality because it's how the human brain works.
Good quality is subjective, average is not, pander to average and you'll sell more.
>>
>>384356976
I think GTA 6 is more or less inevitable. Online might start slowing down post RDR2's release and then GTA 6 will bring Online back as some sort of expansion.
>>
>>384356976
much wants more

rockstar is topping with companies like activision as biggest jews

they will never stop making gold
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.