[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it THAT bad? it is cheap as fuck on the gray market, my lads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Is it THAT bad?
it is cheap as fuck on the gray market, my lads
>>
it would be alright if it wasnt for the ridiculous lack of variety and excessive simplicity of the class/spells system. Some fights are good and 1 enemy in particular is more dangerous and ridiculous than anything in a souls game. Environments are also forgettable.
>>
I don't like having to bank your souls or whatever
>>
>>384343451
>name of difficult enemy?
>>
I've been playing it the past couple of days, it's just not that good. It's a Souls copy without understanding anything that made those games good.
>There is no reason to do anything but equip the heaviest and highest DEF/Poise armor as long as you can midroll because rolling still has damage frames during the end of the roll.
>Almost all weapons feel like you're swinging an entire deer at someone but dealing no damage meaning you either pick the fast weapons or you'll just get interrupted even with Lords armor.
>There is no area variation, it's literally all just this snowy castle aesthetic, even in the Rhogar world barring the catacombs which is basically an enormous maze.
>You can beat all bosses except maybe the sixth or seventh one (The dual sword one in the Rhogar realm) all on your first try without knowing anything about their attack pattern, even the final boss.
>All armor basically makes you look like Sauron with very little variations between Sauron or a generic knight.
>Shift breaks the entire game by doubling your damage as long as you can land the hit and it only costs half your magic which restores itself in under 10 or so seconds.
>Two meaningful side stories which you are basically forced into (One-handed monk and Yvetka or whatever her name is) while the rest are just you collecting random things you were collecting anyway or just talking to a random guy and that's it.
>Like ten or fifteen enemies in total and for most of the game you fight the same guys until literally like twenty minutes from endgame where you suddenly get four or five new enemy types out of nowhere.
>Heavy emphasis on story that is so generic, boring, and terribly explained you do not care and yet you have that entire five minute section with Adyr where he just exposits at you while all you can do is just stand there or run in circles.
>NG+ and NG++ just double health and damage taken with a couple new lore tidbits.
>Everything to do with the Chamber of Lies.
>>
>>384345717
Oh yeah, forgot a couple more.
>Ludicrous amounts of potions (Estus Flasks), you gain like 12-15 a playthrough even if you give away the two or three for side quests each playthrough.
>Tons of the shields are 100% physical block including the one you start with as a Warrior and the stamina drain is hilariously low.
>One single enemy in the entire game that requires you to equip a magic weapon to fight it (The ghosts in the Chamber of Lies and that area with the floating tablets) so you have to start inventory managing every time you see one.
>Garbage UI sorting system that doesn't throw favorites to the top defeating the entire purpose of favoriting them in the first place.
>Rune system is a complete gamble, Big Runes don't even guarantee you Flawless quality for sticking in 1000 EXP.
>Apparently your save file is finished once you complete NG++ with no way to continue it.
>Incredibly short, we're talking like eight hours maybe on your first playthrough unless you look at every single corner and then you can just zip through in about four hours since the bosses are basically all right next to each other with trips to the Citadel being the only real time waster.
>No reason to use any weapon with the affix of Great- because it takes a year and a half to swing once.
>Can cancel out of any attack by simply rolling or blocking so you never need to commit.
>Game crashing glitch where if you fall into a pit or die with an audio log playing it will have everything but sound effect muted, and if you try zoning out there's a chance to just immediately crash it.

I paid $3 for it and I'm not impressed. If you've ever played or even tried Kingdoms of Alamur and felt that was incredibly generic you have seen nothing yet.
>>
>>384343327

It's Lord of the Rings trying to be Dark Souls trying to be a little bit of Devil May Cry and failing to capture the point, charm or enjoyment of any of the above by taking away all the key factors that made them likeable and replacing it with something entirely generic.
It's a shame because the gameplay wasn't entirely bad. The rest, however, felt like something I could have skipped altogether and my life would have remained entirely the same with no memories to hold onto beyond the fact the main dude has a fiiiiine bod.
>>
Gameplay, the most important aspect for these types of games, felt extremely clunky and unresponsive. Sure you can mash at times and preemptively guard or evade stuff with the right knowledge but it still doesn't make it fun.

If you thought Souls games were clunky/unresponsive don't even think about getting this. If you're too curious, torrent and try for yourself.
>>
>>384346346
I was amazed they even ruined parrying. If you parry any enemy you yourself have a recoil time as well the enemy and by the time you actually get control they've already recovered.
>>
the surge is much better
>>
>>384343327
it's just a really short game without any depth whatsoever, comparatively flawed gameplay, lame graphics and story design

>>384346915
>the surge is much better

what is 100% better than shit? double shit
the surge is basically just twice as long (20 hours if you are not that gud) but just as superficial and flawed, with an even more lame setting and even worse storytelling
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.