[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't console games just support mouse and keyboard already?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: 1415323337347.jpg (76KB, 370x278px) Image search: [Google]
1415323337347.jpg
76KB, 370x278px
Why don't console games just support mouse and keyboard already?
>>
What use is an input device if none of the games on that system support it?
>>
You might as well play it on PC
>>
>>384342858
>Why don't console games
>games
>>
Most consoles aren't set up on a desk they're meant to be played on a couch with a controller that's the whole point of them.
>>
>>384342912
Are you ... retarded?
>>
>>384343102
I know plenty of people who use a mouse and keyboard on a couch.
>>
>>384343160
well they got dropped on their head as a baby
>>
>>384342762
What are you talking about? They did for decades, since the NES.
Doesn't the PS4 have mouse support?
The PS1 and PS2 did you could play some of the FPSs with mouse and keyboard.
>>
>>384343697
The system has mouse and keyboard support but non of the games do.
>>
>>384342762
Consoles have had mouse support for well over a decade now.
>>
>>384342762
Because they want to keep selling you $90 controllers that fall apart using them.
>>
>>384343913
But the GAMES don't, you double nigger! That's what OP is whining about.
>>
>>384346395
A lot of games do. Every console since the ps1 has had at least 3.
>>
>>384343739
ironically COD does which is the dumbest shit because you are basically shooting fish in a barrel when you play against people using controllers (everyone)

>COD on muh /v/
i apologize in advance
>>
>>384346548
The about that do support it are vastly outnumbered by those that don't support it.
>>
File: goalposts.jpg (160KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
goalposts.jpg
160KB, 500x400px
>>384346637
>Why don't console games support mouse and keyboard
>They do, actually
>T-That doesn't count!!!
great thread
>>
cause console players are huge shitters and will whine when someone uses their fancy mechanical keyboard and gaming mouse to destroy whoever still uses their shit controllers. even if kb/m is natively supported they'll still whine that it isn't fair to people who can't afford keyboards and mice.
>>
>>384343508
Mouse, & keyboard are more precise.They give you a significant advantage in FPS games especially on console, where most people use a controller.
>>
>>384346735
Failure to clarify the obvious intention to those who can only take statements at face value hardly constitutes goalpost moving. You just love being 'right' even on technicality. It's clear to all that a handful of games supporting KB+M doesn't count as a problem solved.
>>
>>384346735
Just to be clear: Your genius point in this argument was "well there's at last 3 games per console that support it"? And when the other guy said "holy fuck what about all the other ones" it's somehow MUH GOALPOSTS?
If my PC supported 3 fucking games I'd throw it in the trash
>>
Why don't consoles just use the Steam controller already?
>>
>>384347041
>He asked a question
>He received an answer to the question
>The answer didn't support his shitposting so he changed the question
This is exactly what moving the goalposts is.
>>
>invite PC elitist friend over
>play a shooter
>he can't hit anything
>"aiming with a controller is so shit"
Just say you don't know how to aim with one Tim.
>>
>>384347095
Have YOU used the steam controller? It's fucking terrible.
>>
>>384342762
Keyboard+Mouse > Gamepad for FPS
If KB+M was introduced to consoles it would give some players an unfair adcantage, eventually forcing all console players to use KB+M to stay competitive.

Console manufacturers don't want this as it would end up killing their sales for PC.

/thread.
>>
>>384347184
It's my go-to controller, anon. The trackpads are much better than analog sticks.
>>
>>384347139
I'd just like you to know that every single person besides you did not think this >>384346395 meant that not a single game ever made supports KB+M
Everyone but you realized he was making a generalized point about it usually not being possible to play console games with KB+M because the vast majority do not support them
I know consolefags are usually very focused on just two or three games per generation because exclusives train you to do that, but that's not the point he was trying to make. Your goalpost post was pointless and did not somehow make you the smarter man in the argument or even allow you to win it
>>
>>384347174
>invite carpenter friend over
>give him a spoon so he can help me hammer some nails
>he is taking forever
>"trying to hammer with a spoon is so shit"
Just say you don't know how to hammer a nail, Tim.
>>
>>384347312
>Why don't console games support keyboard and mouse
>Consoles have had mouse and keyboard support for years
>Yeah but why don't the GAMES
>They do, actually
>T-THAT DOESN'T SUPPORT MY SHITPOSTING! I-I CLEARLY MEANT ALL GAMES
How's summer school going?
>>
>>384347367
>aiming with a joystick is like trying to hit nails with a spoon
PC gamers, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>384342762
Because it would put those you play with a gamepad at a disadvantage.
>>
>>384347619
It is. Sure, you /can/ hammer a nail with a spoon, but why on earth would you settle for that when you could just use a hammer? Why settle for aiming with a stick when you could be aiming with a much more accurate mouse?
>>
>>384342762
cuz they scared homie
they will legit get dumped on my KB/M players
>>
>>384347537
Nope, still didn't make you win the argument
I'm sorry anon, but not everyone has your exact specific kind of autism. If someone tells me a game I pick has a 0.01% chance of supporting KB+M, I'd feel justified in saying "I guess this console's games don't support KB+M"
Have a nice day, try not to get too angry at the fact that you're the only one who doesn't understand common language patterns
>>
File: 1343519414416.jpg (9KB, 183x185px) Image search: [Google]
1343519414416.jpg
9KB, 183x185px
>>384347619
But it is.
>>
File: desperation.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
desperation.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>>384347742
>Taking words for their meaning is autism
>>
>>384347619
It is tho.
>>
>>384347842
>so anon, pretty bad weather today eh?
>WHAT THE FUCK YOU LIAR!!! THERE WAS SUNSHINE FOR TWO MINUTES FOUR HOURS AGO FUCK YOU
>>
so this is /v/ when most of america is asleep
really some incredible stuff in here.

are some of you australian?
>>
File: 1499066395677.png (169KB, 311x278px) Image search: [Google]
1499066395677.png
169KB, 311x278px
>>384342762

.. why don't PCs support actual controllers, which are far more superior in every aspect?
>>
>>384348292
I once lurked /v/ at 5 am my time cause I couldn't sleep, which was prime America posting hours
Every single thread was shit, it was all SAY SOMETHING NICE TO THIS ANIME CHARACTER and WHAT DID THEY MEAN BY THIS
>>
>>384348460
kek
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.