[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gentlemen, how do we fix Star Fox?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: starfoxsucks.jpg (196KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
starfoxsucks.jpg
196KB, 1280x720px
Gentlemen, how do we fix Star Fox?
>>
let it stay dead after the mess that was that """"reboot"""" zero
>>
Well, we stop giving it the Spiderman Movie treatment and actually progress the universe beyond the first game as a start...
>>
>>384341493
cute duck.
>>
>>384341542
Did no one at nintendo have the balls to tell Shiggy that the forced gyro controls where terrible?
>>
File: FoxMoon1_1024x1024.jpg (186KB, 949x1024px) Image search: [Google]
FoxMoon1_1024x1024.jpg
186KB, 949x1024px
Have nintendo gief lotsa dollar to that drunken southerner making the animated series to generate interest and see where things go from there.
>>
>>384341493
1. Take Starfox 64
2. Make new levels
3. When the urge to add fucking pointless gimmicks, gameplay modes, and characters starts creeping in, suppress it with a quick punch to the dick
>>
We leave it alone for a while and then, once we have forgotten the reboots, take the people who worked on the original and make a modern star fox with improved mechanics
>>
Have Retro Studios make it. Write them a blank check and let them do what they want.
>>
>>384341493
JUST
FOCUS
ON
DOGFIGHTS

People loved SF64 because of the multiple paths and focus on air combat. Almost every game since has screwed up this formula in some way:

>Adventures
Almost no flight whatsoever
>Assault
No multiple paths and on-foot missions because they were SOOO popular in Rebel Strike, right? The actual flying sections were on-point though.
>Command
SF2 was cancelled for a reason. Some good ideas here though but the iffy control scheme didn't help.
>Zero
Just a worse and slower 64 in many ways with some elements from the cancelled 2. Controls are the worst yet, showing they haven't learned from Command.

Just give us something like 64 in style (dogfight heavy and rails with multiple paths). Through in co-op and versus play for more reply and online and we're good. Even with a short campaign, online co-op, multiple paths, alternate endings, difficulty modes, and time trials/score attack leaderboards could alleviate the issue.
>>
>>384341493
>Start with Star Fox Assault
>Remove Krystal
>Get Peppy in a cockpit again
>Make more of this
Done.
>>
>>384341835
How many more shitty spiritual successors do we need before people stop thinking that the people who worked on the original are the magical solution to everything?
>>
>>384342031
The on-foot sections were actually fairly good, they just needed to be better implemented.
>>
>>384342031
*throw, not through
**replay, not reply

holy shit why was my spelling so terrible?
>>
File: 1500364834468.jpg (70KB, 950x1144px) Image search: [Google]
1500364834468.jpg
70KB, 950x1144px
>>384342043
Removing Krystal ain't going to fix the problem, pal

Starfox Zero proved this right.
>>
how about the next time you make a true rail shooter only starfox DON'T MAKE IN ANOTHER FUCKING 3 HOUR STARFOX SNES REMAKE and especially don't shoehorn in retarded controls
>>
>>384341493
release star fox 2
oh wait
nintendo is already doing that
star fox is nintendo's worst ip fyi, the best game in the series (64) is only a 6/10
>>
>>384342128
Personally, I don't think they were THAT bad, but they were so monotonous and stiff. I almost would have preferred if it switched to an FPS style when out of the arwing.
>>
>>384342184
star fox can't be the worst when FE exists, although it's in a pretty damn bad shape right now
>>
>>384342184
Eh, I would say the crown for "worst" goes to Pilotwings, not because it's bad but because you almost NEVER hear anyone asking for a new title in the series. At least other games like Punch-Out, Kid Icarus, F-Zero, Golden Sun and Advance Wars have SOME fanbase.
>>
>>384341493
Make a 64 sequel, keep the "realistic" 64 art style but do it in better graphics, cannonically it happens after 64, most levels are on rails, sometimes you got into all-range mode, more levels, more branching paths.

It's not hard, we want a good 64 sequel that plays like 64.
>>
>>384342184
No one is going to like Star Fox 2. The only people excited for it are the people who never emulated it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.