[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did this game never get a sequel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Why did this game never get a sequel?
>>
>>384337601
They realized that nobody was playing Unreal for the plot and that it wouuld be more efficient to only put resources into arena stuff.
>>
>>384337846
yeah, this

I'm still waiting for an Unreal Tournament 4 that gets rid of that stupid heavy tribe forest vibe... UT2004 did it correctly. Different visual styles for each race. Visual variety is what makes these kind of games intresting, besides good gameplay.
>>
>>384337601

They killed the entire cast by the end of the game,
>>
>>384337601
It didn't do well commercially, which is a shame because I really enjoy it.
>>
File: Unreal_Tournament_3.jpg (39KB, 256x325px) Image search: [Google]
Unreal_Tournament_3.jpg
39KB, 256x325px
>>384337601
...but it did.
>>
Is this game good? I played through Unreal 1 and the DLC and liked it.
>>
>>384339843
The rumor was that they'd bring them back somehow for a sequel. Which is lame and would cheapen the end of Awakening.
>>
>>384340293
It's more of a straightforward shooter than the original, but it subverts a lot of typical shooter mechanics. Be warned that it does still crash quite a lot on some levels even if you have the anthology version
>>
>>384337601
It was a 4 or 5/10 when Unreal 1 was a 9
>>
It's such a slog to play.

Halo craze definitely took a toll on the series after UT'99
>>
>>384340293
It's generally considered to be a very bad game but I enjoyed it a lot. It has a very cool variety of environments - frozen planets, jungle planets, living planets, shamelessly-stolen-from-Giger-biomechanical-planets...
>>
>>384340293
No
It's the slowest shooter ever made and most boring
Unreal Gold was a masterpiece, U2 was shit
>>
>>384340305
I don't even remember what the ending was, even though I finished it back in the day.
I enjoyed it for what it was, but had nowhere near the impact Unreal 1 had in any respect.
>>
>>384343539
Actual spoilers ahead for anyone who hasn't played the game:
His entire crew were killed by the admiral because they'd worked out that he was trying to use the artifacts to take over the universe or something, the last level is you getting brought aboard his ship where the artifacts transform a commonplace species into unstoppable killing machines. You eventually escape the ship in a pod while it falls into the sun.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.