[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No MMO is perf-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 40

File: gw2-logo.a9bed23d.jpg (19KB, 290x200px) Image search: [Google]
gw2-logo.a9bed23d.jpg
19KB, 290x200px
No MMO is perf-
>>
fuck out of here, fartnet shill
>>
Play this game for long enough and you'll realize that the developers have no idea what they're doing, and don't know how to deliver on any of their promises or hit their deadlines.
>>
>WvW has been the same since release
gonna wait on Camelot Unchained instead
>>
>>384335453
SPvP has also been the same since release. they've added fucking nothing to this game except convoluted maps and garbage mini dungeons
>>
>>384335453
>>384335508
If you're playing GW2 for the PVP, then you're completely retarded. The game's strength is the world, questing and fashion.

Go play Blade and Soul for PVP. Or FFXIV if you just want a snoozefest all around.
>>
>>384335640
>Go play Blade and Soul for PVP. Or FFXIV if you just want a snoozefest all around.
>BnS
>RvR
>>
Game is pretty bad, but mmos in general are so fucking shit these days that I can't find anything better.
>>
>GW1 did its own thing and was fucking great
>GW2 is a shitty wow clone
I will never not be mad
>>
>>384335679
I said PVP not RvR.

Large scale PvP in any mmo is a fucking clusterfuck and you should stay the fuck away.
>>
>>384335763
>Large scale PvP in any mmo is a fucking clusterfuck and you should stay the fuck away.
t. brainlet
>>
>>384335968
>i enjoy spamming aoe spells and seeing big numbers my dick big

go play CoD or something, retard
>>
>>384335756
>no trinity
>action combat
>no traditional quests
>level scaling so old areas aren't fucking useless
>no gear based pvp
>world vs world
>"transmog" before WoW made it sound like they invented it

Ah yes... WoW clone indeed.
>>
File: 1437587169070.png (595KB, 2543x2338px) Image search: [Google]
1437587169070.png
595KB, 2543x2338px
>>384335097
>>
>>384335640
>The game's strength is the world, questing

do shills really believe this?
>>
>>
>>384335640

spvp is the only content that actually takes advantage of the combat system, which is the only not completely terrible aspect of the game. anything else is filler for casuals
>>
>>384336370
>action combat
it's tab target hotbar combat with a dodge
>>
Black Desert Online or FFXIV?
>>
>>384336556
This.

Only a human would force you to fully utilize what the thief, engineer or elementalist can do.
>>
>>384336556
>what are raids or fractals
>>
Despite them baiting fans, we're not going to Cantha are we?

Fuck this game. More jungles for us, due to them not wanting to upset China.
>>
>>384336729
piss easy and boring, who cares about them anyways when all the gear has the same stats. fractals are shitty little 10 minute pinatas and its the same shit over and over. GW2 cucks need to neck themselves how are they still playing this garbage game and defending it? last time i played, the world chat was filled with people who hated the game and only played it to get an MMO fix, so GW2 defenders are even a minority amongst actual GW2 players. end your life.
>>
>>384336612
No, it's hybrid action combat with tag targeting, you only need a target for a few single targeted skills and everything else cleaves.
>>
to say gw2 is perfect is to blindly accept everything nu-anet has done to the game. releasing things through the gem store is greedy and lazy of them. flooding the game with achievements in the hopes that players will grind them out instead of complain about the lack of actual content is sneaky. Forcing more and steps into crafting, for example, forces players to grind more to get the materials needed. EG: insignias now require patches which, from the ones i've crafted, drastically increase the price. However, anet has also nerfed most of the gold generating content, forcing the average player to grind fractals or the other few areas anet hasn't nerfed yet.
>>
>>384336872
you need to target for your auto attack combo anyway so it's not like the cooldown attacks cleaving matters
>>
>>384336503
I've never understood what she's doing in that bottom left icon.
>>
>>384337124
reeling back after getting hit by a psychic mindblast
>>
>>384336885
There are so many ways to get dosh now, the gold inflation is real, you're not even rich with 1K gold, everyone is way above that.
>>
>>384335097
>devs don't know how to fix their game
>they ignore their own fans who ask them to fix this and that and just assume it's perfect and they only need more marketing
>they hire shills on 4chan
>>
>>384336635
That's like asking whether you should use a 9mm or a revolver to shoot yourself with. They're both boring snoozefests. One of them has being AFK as an actual feature.
>>
>>384336635
FFXIV
>>
at least the first game was interesting, it didn't try to shit out skins and QoL upgrades for real money. It allowed for multi-classing which resulted in quite a number of useful builds. I remember running Mo/R and bringing Dshot into RA. I'd have opposing teams ragequit when they lost their res sig to me.
Yeah, it had the trinity of class types the trinity clearly worked because of what anet has done to the game. both druids and auramancer elementalists are basically healers, made to fit a niche that anet themselves said they removed from their games (and suggested people who like playing healer to play guardian instead).
>>384337201
>not rich with 1k gold
while this is true, the sheer number of materials you need to craft things is silly. I'm lightly flipping on the TP and I have just under 700g, but even then the only things that pay really are fractals and raids.
>>
File: 1454383091072.png (215KB, 604x340px) Image search: [Google]
1454383091072.png
215KB, 604x340px
>>384336858
Ah yes.

I'm sure you're enjoying running PoTD for the 100th for that sweet, sweet 0.5% dps increase. That's real fun!
>>
>>384335097
I'm still fucking mad.
>>
>>384337363
>game is bad
>what about OTHER GAME
>>
why did/does this game have such a big problem with chinese hackers anyway?
>>
>>384336729
Fractals are shite. The mist was a mysterious and elusive place in the first game that was only mentioned but never shown. In GW2 it's just some 'lulz so randum' shit hole. All the mystery is gone. Fuck you neo a-net.
>>
>>384337376
>no guild capes
>angel wings shit out monthly for a measly 500 gems! what a steal!
I remember the beta weekends and the first month or so of the game. But then the reality of how bad it was set in. The only reason im playing now is because of the people I talk to during wvw group runs.
>>
The fighting system was hot garbage. It's been a while but having only 8 skills or so didn't translate well. I thought not having the holy trinity was a good idea, but in reality, every class got a bit samey in the sense that you could do damage and healyourself.

The world looks great though.
>>
>>384337332
Saving. Got more of those anon?
>>
>>384336635
This guy >>384337282 knows what's up. In all honesty, even though GW2 is shit overall, if you're starving for MMO you should play it for free for a few hours instead of wasting your time and money on even worse MMOs.
>>
>>384337586
holy shit this so much. Everything is now just 'lol the mists, look at how random they are'
Also, does anyone know how to get non-hashed filenames for the hydrus client?
This was originally named 'you came to the wrong guild motherfucker' but now it's just a hash.
>>384337716
i have 1 more but it's for a DoA speed clear. I'm moving everything over to hydrus for easier tagging so i'm sure i've misplaced a few.
>>
>>384335756
>GW1 did its own thing and was fucking great

And yet what was said on the internet about GW1 during all its life was that it was WoW for poorfag, an awful instanced game with loading times everywhere and stupid enclosed maps, where you couldn't even jump, you could only play human characters and 80% of the skills were useless. It was like the worst online game you could play.

You just like to shit on everything. I bet GW2 will become the best MMO ever if one day there is a GW3
>>
>>384337705
Still better than virtually every other tab-target MMO.

I do think they should've kept the trinity, though.
>>
What's with GW2 shilling lately? Haven't encountered that many stale threads discussing it even a month ago.
>>
>>384337858
These are mostly FFXIV players who are paying Yoshi-P to actively tell them to go play other games and not give them any content.

The current MMO playerbase is awful. Good luck finding anyone intelligent talking about MMOs.
>>
>>384337870
Trinity is kind of slowly creeping back into the game with the specializations, it's not full on trinity which is good but the new expansion might get us even closer to it.
>>
>>384337949
Threads about a videogame... On a videogame board?! Shit...

By that logic, 90% of this board are Squeenix shills.
>>
>>384337949
I'm big in GW2, but I haven't touched the game in 2 months due to lack of content and WvW sucking as of late due to all the chinks in Blackgate
>>
>>384337808
Is hydrus better than clover?
>>
File: 1497788817472.png (93KB, 578x544px) Image search: [Google]
1497788817472.png
93KB, 578x544px
>>384335097
Daily arenanet shill thread?
GTFO you disgusting faggot
>>
>>384337980
>>384338048
OBSESSED
>>
>>384337858
neck yourself retard
>>
I want to play GW2 but then I remember it's shit, why couldn't it just have been good instead?
>>
File: 1441592029298.jpg (7KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
1441592029298.jpg
7KB, 261x192px
>>384335097
This game was perfect on release. I wish it never received any updates
>>
>>384338119
>occasional gw threads
SHILL FUCK OFF
>multiple XIV threads every hour every day
all good here boss

Nobody gives enough of a shit about 4chan to shill here, cunt. Never have, never will.
>>
>>384337980
Honestly this.

A "good" MMO is literally impossible to make nowadays. MMOs, like other games too, are trying to get as many buyers/subscribers as possible. Most people suck at games or don't what anything too diffcult. The problem is that complexity brings a lot of fun to a game, but the casuals can't get into that and the devs have to listen to these people because they are the majority.
>>
>>384338216
on release when there was even less endgame than there is now, shit as it is?
>>
>>384338216
Perfect? The game only had a broken WvW and a broken final boss with no other content.
>>
>>384337870
It's even better than a lot of those more recent MMO that are praised for their "action oriented combat" where half the skills roots you in place during their animation.
GW2 let you move while doing every kind of attack.

Also only 8 meaningful skills at a time is better than having 20 on the hotbar but only ever using those bound to the left click and right click and occasionally a third one.
>>
>>384338216
Please, the game is in the best state it's ever been.
Most of the shit you can read on 4chan is from release time and everyone agrees that it wasn't good for a lot of reasons.
>>
Worst PVE I've ever experienced in a triple A MMO lmao
>>
>>384338248
t. poorly disguised shill
>>
File: gw004.jpg (248KB, 750x405px) Image search: [Google]
gw004.jpg
248KB, 750x405px
>>384338248
>occasional gw threads
>occasional
Go back to that cancerous shitpile you arenafaggots call a "forum"
>Nobody gives enough of a shit about 4chan to shill here
Then why are you shitbag here?!
>>
File: 1387159387031.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1387159387031.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>Make a salad because it seemed different to have a plant person race
>Turns out every single one of them is a genderfluid pansexual atheists

Why did they have to make something different so unappealing?
>>
>>384337716
this one is cool, it overlays the new gw map with the original..
>12MB = 3x too big for the servers here
i'll try to put it on imgur
>>384337858
>jumping makes a game good
tell me anon, when do you jump in gw2? jumping puzzles?clearing gaps? You can't even cast most skills jumping. It adds nothing
>80% of skills are useless
clearly you never played beastmaster mesmers.
>>384338056
hydrus is a booru-style database for managing files on your computer. Clover is the mobile 4chins browsing application. But yes, hydrus is better than the default windows filesystem for images.
>>384338194
OG anet left long ago and it's replaced by people who haven't played the game.
>>
>>384338145
I played GW1 and all its expansions day one, if you were going to places like here at the time you'd have seen how much hate was going on about that game. You could even see people shitting on it constantly in the Lion's Arch chat.
Some things never change.
>>
>>384336556
SPVP is the only reason I still have this game installed.

The pve is nice the first few times and some of the HOT maps with gimmicks are pretty fun if you can get an instance full of people actually doing objectives, but it gets pretty old after a while if you're just grinding for cosmetics which is really all there is to do.

WVW is a complete non-event in Australian timezones but from what I've seen of when it actually happens it's kind of just blobs spinning into each other. SPVP is fun and lets you utilise all the good mechanics the game has and it doesn't really screw you around with silly grinds either. It's the best part of the game by far.
>>
>>384338530
>when do you jump in gw2? jumping puzzles?clearing gaps?
Also dodge jumping to cover more distance and jumping over wave type aoes, jump is an actual combat mechanic here. And when it isn't, it's still much better than getting stuck on every bump and invisible wall.
>>
>>384337949
The real reason is that the GW2 general on /vg/ died and the players spilled out.
>>
>>384339068
There's basically no crossover between the people who actually talk about the game (mostly whining that it isn't GW1) and the furfags who post on /vg/
>>
Honestly? This game was fucking trash.

Last time I played, which was around half a year ago, the issues with the game's core design were grating on me like nothing else, to the point I actually regret buying the expansion, even if it was on sale.

To begin with, the PvE content is awful. The basic questing consists of roaming around a small part of the map solo-grinding some dumb objective until the game finally decides you're done and gives you your reward. The story quests are awfully written, with forgettable characters and an equally forgettable story, to the point a huge amount of players don't even bother with it.

The living story segments are dumb, and always have been. It's a good idea to constantly add content to play in an MMO. It's not a good idea to have that content be available only for a limited time and having new players actually pay real money out of their pocket if they want to experience what came beforehand.

The world design, and exploration, are pretty dreadful. There are some good portions in it, like the platforming challenges, but most of the time it's just painfully dull. The world itself isn't particularly fun to explore, the map is segmented in somewhat dumb ways and the fact most areas are just instances kills the feeling of being in a world with other players. The world bosses, last I remember, were just checkboxes most players paid attention to in order to get quick money, and if they were lucky, an expensive item drop or two. The mob design is dull, and engagements aren't particularly fun- nor challenging.

Dungeons were an admittedly alright portion of the game, especially if you were starting out and needed some financial assistance. The story segments aside, they were fun, quick replayable challenges that suffered from awful design and a community dedicated to cheesing everything in the quickest and most safe way possible only because the game allowed them to. Same thing with raids.
>>
>>384339153
Nah having the living story happen in real time and the stuff that's in the past be in the past is great.
>>
>>384338796
For a long time, I used to think the same thing about WvW, it's true it doesn't really look like there's anything other than blobs fusing into one big clusterfuck of particle effects until the one with the most players wins.
Then I decided to give it a real try, join a capable commander and hop of the server teamspeak, and that's when I realized there was much more than just spamming skills, I've seen zergs that were clearly outmanned literally trash bigger blobs through smart positioning and decisions, it happens all the time.

WvW is great if you give it a serious try.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AH_m6EoOBY
>>
>>384337606
>I remember the beta weekends and the first month or so of the game. But then the reality of how bad it was set in.
literally this. i thought i was finally free from blizz.
>>
>>384338512
>Make a Charr because they were kinda cool last game
>Entire race is either whacky engineers or generic gruff soldiers
>Every Charr player is a half naked, neon colored faggot with Super Saiyan hair
>Make a Norn because the were kinda cool last game
>Entire race has devolved to "MOOT MOOT DRINK DRINK"
>Every Norn player is a XBOX HUEG MAX SLIDERS monstrosity or a EXTRA THICC half naked waifu
>Make a human because they were the main race last game
>Everything interesting has been washed away and all that's left is an offensively boring shell of what used to be great
>Every Human player is a neon colored hipster waifu

Really, the only race that didn't suffer in the transition are Asura since they were always whacky.
>>
File: gw821.jpg (471KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
gw821.jpg
471KB, 1680x1050px
>>384338530
>tell me anon, when do you jump in gw2? jumping puzzles?clearing gaps? You can't even cast most skills jumping. It adds nothing

It's not me that said those things, it's the stupid things you could read at the time about the game.

That said I agree with them about jumping, jumping is fun, you see people jumping everywhere even when it's not needed where there are no obstacle, or simply standing somewhere high just because they can, pic related.

Also you're no longer stuck by the slightest bump or slope in the terrain like in GW1 were you had to get around things constantly instead of just jumping over it.
>>
>>384339153
Then, we get to what ties all PvE content together- the achievements, or the unholy grind of all grinds that would make korean MMOs blush or look at this example in particular with gleaming eyes. Not to mention they're just an awful excuse to keep players invested in something due to the lack of meaningful content.

I don't remember if the expansion content got patched out or not, but back when I played through it, the amount of dull grind necessary to get anything done was fucking insane, and pretty boring.

Then there's the PvP, which isn't bad in concept, but the terrible class balance and lack of build variety for most classes really kills it. It's amazing whoever was in charge of making the game had the balls to call this a successor to GW1.

The WPvP is equally boring. It's a neat distraction at first, but gear inequality, lack of variety in maps and objectives, etc. kills any of the replay value it could possibly have.

The combat system in itself isn't quite so bad. Dodges being glorified and quite extensive i-frames at least makes for a somewhat fun mechanic, and rotations are kind of satisfying, but it's never put in good use unless you're playing against another human being. And even then, there's better options for PvPMMOs out there.

Frankly, what hurts the game is that it's not dreadfully bad- just mediocre, with some good ideas and concepts that are harmed by bad, or dumb, design decisions. And that's a shame. ANet shows they just don't know what the fuck they're doing with their own game, and the most depressing thing about that is that the very core in itself is far from being trash.

>>384339348
That falls apart once they make you pay for previous shit, dumbass.
>>
>>384335097

shit's so good but don't make cancerous threads about it, faggot.
>>
File: 1398044064478.jpg (30KB, 302x274px) Image search: [Google]
1398044064478.jpg
30KB, 302x274px
>we will never add anything higher than exotic/legendary
>we will never add raiding
>we will never have the holy trinity
>>
>>384335640
>the questing that was added at the last minute after beta testers complained about the game not having any is the game's strength

T O P L E L

You must be new to the game if you think pvp isn't the sole draw. You must not remember ANET dumping tons of money to turn the game into an esport (they failed).
>>
>>384337716
Can't upload the map for some reason
>>384338841
but it adds nothing beyond that, and the number of enemies you need to jump for are a small handful. Not only that, it doesn't even work over things like traps and wells and stuff. So it's only useful for pve
>caught on invisible walls
bad mapping aside, that happens in gw2 as well.
>>384339587
sure, it's fun to do but it's a game breaker.
Also
>no instrument emotes
>no flex emote
some things are not worth the trade-off.
>>
File: 1497664033593.png (48KB, 973x392px) Image search: [Google]
1497664033593.png
48KB, 973x392px
>>384336447
Came here to do my duty to post this in every thread but someone did it for me. Thank you blessed soul.
>>
>>384339736
Are you seriously complaining about being able to jump?
>>
>>384339381
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX6-gZw2tog
>>
>>384339814
No, i'm saying that the lack of jumping doesn't make the original a worse game. I enjoy it, sure, but it's not even on the list of positives, or negatives, towards gw2.
>>
>>384335097
guild wars 2 improved a lot, but still it sucks compared to the first game. from 6.5/10 game in 2012 it progressed to something like ugh... 7.8/10. still, after thousands of hours sinked in, i can only say that it is not worth it.

hopefully guild wars 3 wont ever come out, because ncsoft doesnt get enought money compared to other mmos. probably 2-3 more expansions and anet decides thta they're done with the series
>>
>>384339472
The game is frontloaded as fuck. It's genuinely a great experience when you start out, in fact, I wouldn't even go so far as to say that the game gets worse as you progress.

It's just that you get tired of what they present to you at the start of the game and it never really grows from the point that you unlock your final skill slot.
>>
>>384339517
>Really, the only race that didn't suffer in the transition are Asura
"Cute" Asura are a thing anon. The only thing is, they're not half naked neon colored waifus. They're fully clothed neon colored abominations that get called waifus.
>>
>>384339967
this is exactly it.
after a while it gets to the point of "i don't feel like i've done anything of value in the last couple hours".
like you could have experienced those last 4 hours in the starting zone and you'd feel the same.
>>
File: this is you.jpg (666KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
this is you.jpg
666KB, 1280x1024px
>>384336370
>no trinity
This is a bad thing
>action combat
The lack of abilities and shoe horned in dodge makes it have one of the worst combat systems in any MMO to date
>no traditional quests
They have them in the form of hearts. They are just completely shit awful.
>level scaling so old areas aren't fucking useless
Plenty of other games do this.
>no gear based pvp
Not a good thing. If I want to play an arena game then I will do so. This is supposed to be a MMO though
>world vs world
You mean zerg vs zerg with massive player culling
>"transmog" before WoW made it sound like they invented it
Warhammer did it years before GW2 and I don't think Warhammer was even the first game to do it either.
>>
>>384339967
Yeah, the leveling takes a bit too long for what little character growth it gives, which is a shame because the end game is all that matters once you're past the first 10-20 hours of being a new players and having fun.
>>
>>384335097
What happened OP? Did Candlejack get y-
>>
>>384339896
>after thousands of hours sinked in, I can only say it's not worth it

Read this to yourself a few times. You're discouraging people from playing a game you've played for thousands of hours. Think about that for a little while. I mean, really think.
>>
smhd
smdh0s
baka
smdh
>>
File: 094.jpg (205KB, 680x961px) Image search: [Google]
094.jpg
205KB, 680x961px
I really miss GW1. It was so good. Making dumb builds for PVP like a Rit/Necro with loads of knockdown spirits so I could frustrate people in Jade Quarry was some of my best memories.
>>
>>384336556
>>384338796
This. spvp is the only saving grace of the game and even then anet is fucking the shit out of it
>>
>>384340404
tfw no gw
>>
>>384340430
More like fucked the shit out of it, HoT killed it. It's only gotten worse since then.
>>
>>384340251
You missed the point.
And yes, I know GW2 didn't invent putting skins over your armor, even EQ2 had that back in 2004, probably even some older MMO.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bKJSC_mteIg
>>
>>384340404
I really think that a GW1 clone could perform well even on the current market. Not solely on targeting disgruntled GW players anyways, that's really not a large enough playerbase. It feels to me like a lot of build spergs aren't satisfied with current ARPGs and that people left out from all the other dead PvP MMOs could be picked up easily by a decent title.

GW1 had a low entry barrier too so I'm sure something a bit more polished but not any less in-depth could pick up stream kiddies and people coming off of mobas.
>>
Pretty much the only other enjoyable mmo was classic RO, before the bots.

Seriously, how can anyone stand the incredibly boring combat of WoW and Ffxiv? The story-less Tera? The pointless grinding of runescape? Ugh.
>>
>>384340137
Yeah, but at least they're hard to see in comparison to the gargantuan abominations that crowd the LA bank.

Really, non-human races as a whole were a mistake. If it weren't for Charr and Asura, then there would've been a lot more interesting and diverse armor skins.

I mean, the game as a whole just devolves into a skin hunt after a while anyway. But maybe that's just me trying to cope with wasting too much time dressing up my pretty princesses and trying to make them look "cool".

>>384340360
An addict warning other people to stay away may be hypocritical, but that doesn't mean he's wrong. I sunk in around a thousand hours too and I feel nothing but regret even as I boot up the game again.
>>
>>384340660
I unironically love classic mmo combat. It's so much nicer than the half-baked cuhrazy bullshit you get in all the crappy modern games.
>>
>>384340630
GW1 was really a proto-moba. Just look at the instanced PVP like JQ and FA. You had FOTM builds that pretty much emulated characters we see in mobas.

I definitely agree that GW1 released today would rock the market. Buy-to-play, do loads of cosmetic shits in microtransactions, and you'd be swimming in the dosh.

I just really miss the no-grind of GW1 in terms of getting your skills together for making fun builds. Sure, you sometimes had to go ham for some elite skills, but the game was viable without them. FUCK, I miss it so much. The game had the perfect amount of theorycrafting to keep everyone hooked, and if it came out today, I'm sure it'd be fucking huge.
>>
>>384340901
>wanting to cosmetic dump on a spiritual successor to gw1
please don't anon, the game deserves better.
>>
>>384340901
buy-to-play really saves the game from a lot of p2win shit they put in to make any money

They can sorta temper it to cosmetic stuff

too bad gw2 sucks ass
>>
So what do you guys think is the most immersive MMO nowadays? I just wanna roleplay
>>
>>384335097
>daily quests in dungeons that take hours to complete
>kill dragon episode 5820
>blob lag lag lag
>no meaningful end game progression
>>
>>384336729
a waste of time, just like the dlc after you get lean gliding.
>>
>>384340360
one year aog i had different perspective on gmaing in general and now after experiencing some different games from various genres, i cna only say that i wont bother with gw 2 that much anymore - its simply a poorly made game. going back to the first gw for a couple of weeks few months ago only assured me that gw2 gameplay is simply inferior and shallow
>>
>>384340672
No, he means him and you are both complete idiots and shouldn't be talking at all.

If you've spend thousands of hours on something and you regret it, YOU fucked up, and you're probably not a very smart person. That, or you're lying to yourself.
>>
>>384340998
But thats how they make money, doofus. I don't care if people can buy fancy spangly outfits, as long as its got good gameplay.

GW1 had a cashshop anyway. Shit like pets, wedding outfits, etc. Nobody cried back then.
>>
>>384341054
Like, put yourself in the mindset of your character as you go through the world, or pull up a chair in a tavern and roleplay with other characters?

Because in regards to just immersing yourselves, I'd go with ESO since it offers a decent game world to explore and interact with without stressing yourself out.

In regards to roleplaying with other players, XIV probably has the strongest feature set for roleplayers right now since it's one of the few games that makes an active effort to support that side of the community. It does have some serious missteps though and roleplay side of the game is strongly separated from the gameplay side, which kills its potential in a lot of areas.
>>
>>384341363
It's been a long while, but I don't recall anet dumping everything into the cash shop almost weekly and only updating the actual game occasionally. The shop wasn't the main release outlet for new skins etc.
celestial compass skin in gw2 when
>>
>>384341054
BDO, probably, but the game itself is complete fucking cancer.

The characters also look like ass. Honestly, if it wasn't for the character creator being such shit and that stupid hair colour glitch, I'd disregard the game itself and just play it to hang out and RP.

But then you see everyone wearing the same only 10 armors in the game that aren't cash shop, hairs looking like neon under most lighting, and the fact that the character creator makes everyone look like an extremely similar korean person, and you get tired pretty quickly.
>>
>>384341376
I prefer to roleplay by myself, too many weird people out there, as long as the world and lore are rich im good
>>
>>384341308
bu-but-but i took online test and iq is 163.
>>
>>384340503
Anons argument does miss the point of what you try to point out about GW2 not being a shitty wow clone but honestly, it still feels like one.

Not having a trinity system doesn't differentiate it positively it simply underlines its missing structure in its pve.

The Action Combat as anon mentioned is simply a lack of abilities and shoe horned in dodges.

The quest thingy was already addressed.

Level scaling is also a feature partially in wow now.
no gear based pvp is also a thing in wow now (which I agree isn't a good thing in either games)

the world vs world point is to simply reiterate that somthing you say makes the game different is broken and can barely count as a feature while simply being less structured large scale pvp.

Transmog doesn't really make it less/more of a clone its just a common feature.

The point I feel is that even though the points you mentioned are/were different they are all minor flavors to a mostly similar "clone" otherwise you could argue no game is a clone because their art styles are different and have different classes.

I put it like this because according to your argument simply having a barely functional universal dodge in combat, scaling in pve/pvp less structured pve and larger scale pvp option makes it not a clone.

I think it's still a bit heavy handed to call it a clone but guild wars 2 does seem very similar to wow.
>>
>>384341054
In terms of atmosphere I think nothing beat The Secret World/Secret World Legends it's the most immersive for me but I don't know if you can really roleplay with other players in that.
>>
>>384341376
>makes a strong effort to support that side of the community

I hope you mean emotes, because the game world sure as fuck isn't roleplay friendly.
>>
>>384341820
>secret world
>immersive
No.

It had interesting quests and that's literally it. Nobody hangs out in the faction cities. The zones are all flooded with monsters. Nobody gets together for ANYTHING.
>>
>>384341054
LOTRO was really good when I played it, however, it's quite old and dated now.
>>
>>384341308
>YOU fucked up

I did

>you're probably not a very smart person

I'm not

>you're lying to yourself

I was

I got the game at launch thinking "Oh man, it's just gonna be like the good old days!". But after a while I was able to finally convince myself I wasn't having much fun and stopped playing for a while. Then there would be an update or something and I'd play for a while again, hoping it would be better. It was just sitting there on my desktop after all. As it turns out, playing over the course of 5 years accrues a decent amount of play time, even if it's sporadic.

To put it another way, GW2 is the bare minimum quality to keep me coming back, but not good enough to actually keep me playing consistently.
>>
>>384338248
the XIV haters are anet shills
ah, it all makes sense now
>>
>>384341839
It's a shitty game for solo-roleplay and immersion. Invisible borders, separated zones, stuck on a linear story to progress.

The feature set is great for roleplaying communities though. Housing functions just well enough, the emotes and character customization gives players a lot of space to work with, and there're a lot of small things like actual tags and being able to sit everywhere that helps. A lot of MMOs misstep in the tiny ways, like how you couldn't sit in chairs in GW2 for a long time. It's the segregation between the strong roleplaying feature set and how unwelcoming the game core is to roleplay itself that hurts it, but options are thin since WoW's decline in roleplaying.
>>
>>384338248
We've had daily GW2 threads with defence drones orbiting them for nearly a week.
>>
>>384342171
I wonder if it has to do with the GW2 general on /vg/ getting raped to death by bots.
>>
>>384342267
It would explain how these threads have the most consistently awful posters on this entire board.
>>
>>384341363
>GW1 had a cashshop anyway. Shit like pets, wedding outfits, etc. Nobody cried back then.
That was at the very end of the games life, after the turd that was EOTN.
>>
>tfw no more lovingly hand crafted and employee-modeled skill icons.
>>
File: FW3ABKE9U4F51471896535796[1].jpg (501KB, 1280x855px) Image search: [Google]
FW3ABKE9U4F51471896535796[1].jpg
501KB, 1280x855px
>>384341749
Come on, how far away from the MMO genre does it have to not be considered a clone in your books?
Because yes, GW2 is a different enough game to not be called a clone, it doesn't play the same, doesn't have the same end game goals.
WoW didn't have level scaling, transmog, gear-less pvp, world quests among other things until GW2 proved itself to be a decent competitor.
You can refute all my point saying those aren't features, aren't interesting or are already in WoW but Blizzard knows better.

Also, there's more to WvW than just large scale pvp, you don't see siege building, keeps, caravans, supply management, npc factions, pve bosses while 3 servers fight servers fight each other over 4 huge maps everywhere.
It's a feature and something that brought a lot of players in at release, and is more active now than it's ever been in the past 4 years.
>>
>>384343894
>gear-less pvp
That thing is cancer and literally killed battlegrounds.
>>
>>384343992
To be honest, I don't even understand how Blizzard could implement that into their game after having regular gear based pvp for more than a decade, in a game that's all about end game gear treadmill.
>>
>>384343992
Seems like WoW wasn't fun at all if everyone abandons it as soon as the treadmill is removed.
>>
>>384344414
It's not about the treadmill, it's about balance.
Some classes work well with the neutered gear (paladins seemed pretty strong), while other struggle to do anything and are borderline usless.

Not to mention that all battlegrounds released past BC are pretty much ass.
>>
File: 1498162341640.png (84KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
1498162341640.png
84KB, 319x319px
>>384335097
>Guild wars 2 thread isn't permitted by /v/
>plenty of FFXIV threads are though
The Sqenix shills are strong on this board god damn.
>>
>>384343992
Botting killed battlegrounds.
Cheating killed rated battlegrounds.

That you can actually contribute with a fresh max level character did not.
>>
File: Y4Wo4p5.jpg (83KB, 951x840px) Image search: [Google]
Y4Wo4p5.jpg
83KB, 951x840px
30$ paywall for meta PvP specs, essentially p2w. I'll pass.
>>
>>384344532
So it's not the gearless pvp concept that is bad, but Blizzard's implementation of it. They're not giving certain classes enough stats.

Guild Wars 2 somehow gets this right for classes, why can't a company with alot more resources at their disposal?
>>
>>384344585
See >>384344532
>>
>>384344661
Oh no you have to buy the game.
>>
>>384344664
Blizzard was never good at balance, neither is ArenaNet but they designed their PvP with that in mind right from the start.
>>
>>384344715
I already bought gw2, I'm not buying the expansion for 30$ to get 1 spec and 1 PvP map.
>>
>>384345061
>choose not to buy it
>whine about your decision

Harden the fuck up
>>
>>384345173
>whine
>online forum
>all about sharing experiences and discussions
Its 30$ for 1 spec and 1 PvP map, would you buy that? I'm not a fucking retard so I won't, I just stopped playing. Will be funny when they do it again and lock more shit behind paywalls with the next expansions that's a must have to compete.
>>
>>384345909
>It will be funny when the next expansion is a expansion

Nobody will see their shady machinations coming.
>>
>>384345909
>1 spec and 1 pvp map

don't be retarded
>>
>>384345909
I agree, they should make a special "pvp spergs only" pack for $5 or something.
Nigga what, it's an expansion, you either get the full thing or nothing at all, that includes stuff for all aspects of the game.
And what kind of pvp player only plays one class?
>>
>>384346092
Implying that shitfest of a game will live to see another expansion.
>>
>>384346207
I only PvP / WvWvW, don't like PvE so have only lvl'd 1 character.
>1 spec
>1 WvWvW that nearly killed the game mode, has been removed
>1 PvP map
>""""""expansion pack""""""
Nothing else, totally worth 50$(on release) and now totally worth 30$!!!
>>384346230
They shouldn't release expansions that lock meta specs behind it. Your right though, it should be 5$ since idc for PvE low skill shit.
>>
>>384346450

You can like the game or you can not like it, anon, but it has far more people playing it than "popular" MMOs like FFXIV. It's likely it'll live for a long while yet even if those of us that find it to have gone down the ditch end would prefer it didn't.
>>
>>384335097
>gw2
>perfect
>literally no fucking endgame, raids are piss easy and the only difficult part about them is actually finding enough fucktards to do them
>wvw still fucked, is nothing but a zergfest of who has the bigger blob
>wvw is so fucked that they literally REDUCED the reward decay timer, making actual wvw tactics such as scouting or defending fucking pointless, encouraging the cancerous blobbing
>class diversity is nothing but a meme, there's only one "good" build that makes sense for each class
see >>384336447
>>
>>384346450
anon it's been leaked several times now that there's another expansion, and it will prob be announced within a couple weeks
>>
>>384348239
Oh that's cool. The Heart of Thorns maps were good fun on release when they were full and everyone was trying to complete them.
>>
File: MOl7AVf.jpg (542KB, 1732x1522px) Image search: [Google]
MOl7AVf.jpg
542KB, 1732x1522px
>>384346450
Basically all of it has been leaked except the story, we know an expansion is coming at the end of the year or early 2018 and it will be set in the Crystal Desert.

Next tuesday we'll have the last episode of the season 3 of the Living World and it'll be the last thing before the expansion.
>>
>>384336493
It's their first MMO so they believe it's the best one even though there are better alternatives out there even in f2p, the game is so bad even employees play other MMO's instead.
>>
How's the erp scene?
>>
>>384351556
Infested with trannies and furries.
>>
>>384335097
I would play this if it had a decent pet class, nothing seems to anymore
>>
>>384335260
Ever since Mike has taken over and Colin ran off to Amazon they've been hitting deadlines and producing quality stuff. Time to update your shitposting.
>>
>>384351591
I can handle one of those i guess
>>
File: PEG - GW2.jpg (967KB, 986x1378px) Image search: [Google]
PEG - GW2.jpg
967KB, 986x1378px
>>384336503
>>384336885
The MMO is bretty gud for casual fun.
>>
>>384351615
The ranger is honestly pretty good. Different pets have different abilities and you care where they are and what they're doing. You can spec for them to be really important or less so if you want and controlling them is pretty straightforward.
>>
File: what.jpg (7KB, 133x115px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
7KB, 133x115px
>tfw they managed to make the living world so bad, you actually, actively started to look back and miss Scarlet

The character and storyline was awful. But I didn't mind its wrapping up, simply because it at least gave you something to do other than sit around and listen to Braham be a turbo faggot while your character does absolutely nothing about it, to then walk away and go through 9 hours of Taimi monologues.
They have taken extra time to release this last bit so I am hoping it'll have some minor redeeming qualities to itself and give some proper buildup of a sort, the kind that's less ridiculous than
>Kasmeer shows up for literally ONE LINE OF DIALOGUE in the whole season
>it's literally just so they can sell her outfit on the cash shop

I mean, come on.
>>
>>384351998
Why the controller though?
>>
>>384351591
that sounds awesome, sign me up
>>
File: gw552.jpg (20KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
gw552.jpg
20KB, 252x252px
>>384351591
>tfw you will never find a big strong norn to plow you in a drunken haze because everyone is just playing weird rainbow colored futas, sylvaries or strong womyn female charr
>the rest of the roleplaying community is a bunch of NoFunAllowed irl landwhales wanting to put you into their sylvari / human noble fanfiction to make their mary sue shine
>>
>>384352708
Because you have a low enough amount of abilities that controller play is actually possible
>>
>>384353309
Eh, even with just 10 skills and movement and stuff like targeting you already have way more than comfortably fits on a controller. Not to mention class specific abilities.
>>
>Guild Wars 1 was and still is awesome,
>amazing game with great story,
>cool fractions,
>interesting and fantastic skill system,
>great music,
>lost 7 years out of life to game

>Guild Wars 2 is still garbage
>play for 2-3 weeks after buying
>having fun exploring the World
>skills system is boring and forces you to just mash buttons over and over without much of thinking
>music still is fanstastic
>story and it's way of presenting... garbage
>old factions became boring and bland
>new factions are boring and bland
>you have to lose a lot of time, money and patience to create cool armors/weapons
>crafting system is just the worst
>puzzles... jumping puzzles... don't even make me remember them
>pay for game that went F2P and getting nothing worth in return, nor any discount on Expansion.
>>
>>384353065
GET SUM
>>
>>384353803
Oh yeah, on the note of the crafting system, am I the only one who feels disappointed that it can't really be used for economic gains? In World of Warcraft, crafting professions were essential and a lot of them had abilities which provided rare and useful goods. Hell, you could get paid just to make the goods for someone (titansteel pairs and primal might, for example). In GW2, nearly all of the items you can craft cost nearly the same as the sum of their materials. Your labour isn't worth a damn thing and it's really disappointing.
>>
>you'll never ever again play original GW AB with your mate and pug two boon monks and wreck shit 4v12 at the start of the game

I miss playing my N/E Tainted Warder build in PvP
>>
File: C.jpg (99KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
C.jpg
99KB, 600x600px
>>384353970
wtf is with that shoulder piece? that looks even more retarded than the usual giganto wow shoulders
>>
GW2 isn't perfect, but it's pretty good and has fun semi action-y combat gameplay with the way you dodge and all.

It also has really fun jumping puzzles.

Glad to hear they finally put some endgame things to do in the game for people who reached max level.
>>
File: 1500141137817.png (603KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1500141137817.png
603KB, 640x640px
>>384340494
I feel you bro. I miss pre-HoT spvp meta
>>
>people saying GW2 combat sucks
>FFXIV and other GCD tab target WOW shit exists
Did we play the same game? What the fuck?
>>
>>384354069
It's not the crafting in itself, it's the trading post regulating the price, and the fact that anyone can level that crafting profession easily as well.
You can still get a little margin by crafting the timegated ascended mats.
Cooking also gets you a little margin but you need to sell a shit ton of stuff for it to be worth it.
>>
>>384354815
For some reason there are people who unironically think the classic tab target combat style of wow/rift/ffxiv is great

I don't get it either. Tera's or GW2 combat is much more fun and engaging.
>>
the only fun i had in this game was creating my character, everything went downhill from there, namely the mediocre combat, story, enemies and environments
>>
>>384355031
different strokes etc.
it's like arguing RTS vs turn-based
>>
>>384353484
You can do pretty complicated stuff with button combinations. I actually use them with KB as well.
WASD for movement
1-5 are weapon skills
Q,E,Z,X for profession-skills and ult
shift + Q,W,E,R,X for the F1-F5
shift + S for healing
>>
>>384340494
>>384354768
How did it kill it since the HoT professions are not available in PvP?
>>
File: gw549.jpg (5KB, 129x105px) Image search: [Google]
gw549.jpg
5KB, 129x105px
>>384353970

I would, anon. I would get sum. Even with the old man face. That just makes it more immersive.
>>
>>384355145

The combat is pretty awesome and so are the environments, though. I know you have your gripes or your personal tastes, but eh. Those are by far not the issues the game is running on. We are all here to hate on it, but let's be actually sensible about it.
>>
>>384356159
>HoT professions are not available in PvP?
They are? every necro is a reaper, every guardian is a dh etc etc
>>
>>384355031
Both can be good or bad depending on execution.
>>
>>384335756

>gw1 was made from ex blizz devs
>it's the most diverse from warcraft
>gw2 was made from new sjw devs
>it's literally warcraft lite

really stimulates the neurons
>>
File: 1494539723163.jpg (43KB, 411x418px) Image search: [Google]
1494539723163.jpg
43KB, 411x418px
>>384335640
>If you're playing GW2 for the PVP, then you're completely retarded
>playing GW2 for PVE

very good bait my friend
>>
>>384358201

The only reason to play GW2 is to play fashion wars, so he's not wrong. Any other reason has more than superior alternatives, making you retarded for partaking in them.
>>
File: Warrior_Charr_Hide_armor_m.jpg (73KB, 425x900px) Image search: [Google]
Warrior_Charr_Hide_armor_m.jpg
73KB, 425x900px
I fucking hate furries so goddamn much.
>>
>>384351591
How is that different than any other MMO?
>>
File: 1499443936160.jpg (72KB, 613x635px) Image search: [Google]
1499443936160.jpg
72KB, 613x635px
>>384335097
Charactes are ugly, outfits are ugly, game is dated, devs are tumblr, new content is boring garbage because the loud minority hates anything with substance, muh serviceable pvp, and kill yourself.
>>
>>384359703

I'd still let a charr nut in me, tho, no homo.
>>
>>384356368
taste is subjective, the combat is boring with no real thought needed to go into it, just spam all your skills
>>
>>384360460

Which I find to not be true at all in any section of the game except the starting areas, something that sadly applies to absolutely all MMOs, or unless you are doing event trains or the terrible zerg blobs that are overworld champions.
>>
File: 1500153264519.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1500153264519.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>384360183
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (910KB, 480x332px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
910KB, 480x332px
>>384361114
>>
File: 1494133245549.jpg (250KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1494133245549.jpg
250KB, 700x700px
>>384336248
>he's never RvR'd
>>
>>384335640
>The game's strength is running around doing jumping puzzles and fashion even though there isn't an xmog system.
>>
>>384359703
You hate them so much that you wear a fur-suit?
>>
>>384362465
There is a transmog system.
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.