[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overwatch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1366.png (1MB, 1080x623px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1366.png
1MB, 1080x623px
What makes people think that this generic class based shooter is a phenomenal piece of work? Also I'm looking to buy it but the community seem like the highest form of cancer.
>>
>>384332387
> Personalities, like TF2...
> The people still buying this only multiplayer game...
>>
>>384332387
There's a good level of polish, runs well, looks, nice, active balance support, likable cast, characters of different skill levels, etc.
I mean I don't play it anymore but it's easy to see why people like it.
>>
>>384332516
So don't waste my time?
>>
It's a flawed game covered behind lots of prettiness
>>
File: ulta nigga.jpg (85KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ulta nigga.jpg
85KB, 500x375px
>>384332387
the game is absolute shit, built by money grubbing kikes and adored by horny teens.
>>
>>384332387
blizzard fans are delusional and normalfags don't understand how marketing works
>>
>>384333082
that's why /v/ loves it so much
>>
>>384332387
Come back in about 6 months when the dev team felt embarassed that dive comp was the only thing run at condenders like triple tank was at world cup and shit. Then it'll be balanced. It sucks right now, everyone is //""toxic""// and its just not fun
>>
File: 1420671010422.jpg (85KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
1420671010422.jpg
85KB, 497x732px
Soldier 76
>>
>>384332387
waifus
>>
>/owg/ is just faggots, niggers and cucks shitposting
Ded gaem. Proof too much divershity kills a game dead.
>>
>>384332387
It's got a solid art style, entertaining characters and varied gameplay. Ask to borrow a friends copy/account and try it instead of coming to the board most likely to shit on it for any reason.
>>
>>384332387
This can literally be summed up with the term Blizzdrones. And it's not even because Blizzard did some good stuff back in the day anymore. That good-will has long since ran out. Blizzdrones just keep going and choking down as much Blizzard cock as possible because it's all they know. And like lemmings, normal-fags see their friends doing something and join in.
>>
>>384332387

It's an excellent game, but being so popular as it is it was inevitable that the community would end up the way it is. Stay away from competitive. Quick Play/Arcade is where its at.
>>
>>384332387
Unironically play Paladins instead
>>
>>384336568
Yea, sure, there's no way anyone can legitimately enjoy something without being massive fanboys of the company.
>>
Played it for an hour or so
Total snoozefest
I honestly don't get the fuss either
>>
>>384332387
Bright and colourful, Easily recognisable characters, Simple game mechanics that give instant gratification,

It's basically 3D candy Crush. It's all about that sugary instant gratification.
>>
>>384332387
>generic
Ok.
>>
>>384337308
any vidya company that hires psychologists and lets them influence gameplay should be sentenced to death for crimes against humanity
>>
>>384332387

People were just desperate for a spiritual successor to a bloated and decrepit TF2.

It still doesn't have a lot of the chemistry that made TF2 great but at least it's intentionally balanced around a set competitive ruleset. For varying degrees of "balanced."
>>
>>384337941
I see this thrown around a lot but no one actually says what made TF2 great so could you sum it up please
>>
File: 1495935909894.webm (3MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
1495935909894.webm
3MB, 1360x768px
>>384336918
This. Since you haven't bought OW yet, you might as well try out the free and superior version. The community for both is braindead but at least the meta isn't limited to the same 6 character and the roster is much bigger. You can play until you are sick of the grind and you can decide to plop down 20 bucks for more paladins or swap to OW for 60
>>
Only people who hate it are FPS pros that feel threatened by the fact that less skilled players can enjoy video games too.
>>
>>384338351
Fantastic art style, the cast were all brilliantly acted and animated, and the humour was on point. The gameplay itself was very well balanced, with each class having a pretty defined role (Except the Pyro for a while) and two of three simple weapons.

Over time they added more and more weapons, which eventually made balance a nightmare, and loads and loads of cosmetics that dragged down performance without any proper optimisation done for modern cards.

I can't run it well on a 2gb card because it insists on using my somewhat weak CPU incredibly poorly. Whereas Overwatch will run just fine.
>>
>>384332387
Appealing art style and character designs. Look at shit like Paragon, Lawbreakers, and Quake Champions. Those 3 have generic art direction and designs which can ultimately turn people away.
>>
The game is only 40 bucks and you will easy get 40 hours of game play out of it. Play with people regularly/add friends look for groups and you will actually enjoy it.
>>
>>384332387
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkg21XFtJ2U

Just grief people all day when you get to ranked. The community is filled with tumblr fags and kids that get upset (especially since its Summer)
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.