[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you playing Vanilla WoW?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: 12325326.jpg (113KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
12325326.jpg
113KB, 1032x774px
Why aren't you playing Vanilla WoW?
>>
>>384332335
I already played to lvl 45 and realized that it was pretty boring. TBC in other hand would be a bit better for me.
>>
>>384332393
quality and populated tbc server never ever
fuck
>>
>>384332335
I played it for thousands of hours from 2004 to 2007.
>>
>>384332464
Only because it's too hard. There's a new TBC server coming out that's "hype" but it's gonna die anyway, just like all the other TBC servers as soon as people endgame just like they have everywhere else. People only think they want TBC, in reality they don't have time for the grind.
>>
>>384332335
because its 13 years old
>>
File: Right.jpg (31KB, 555x644px) Image search: [Google]
Right.jpg
31KB, 555x644px
>>384332335

I did, back in 2006-8 and it was amazing, you'll never get it back with shitty private servers.

Fucking deal with it and move the fuck on with your miserable life.
>>
>>384332335
Because TBC launches in 3 days
>>
>>384332630
And it's still better than WoW now.
>>
>>384332673
felmyst wwu
>>
>>384332658

2005-07

2004 doesn't count cuz it was out for like 2 months

I derp'd
>>
Wrath > MoP > Legion > Cata > WoD > Vanilla > TBC

Anyone who disagrees is utterly blinded by nostalgia.
>>
>>384332835

lolno

Classic > TBC > Wrath > MoP

Quit one year into WoD, finally quit giving a shit about it.
>>
>>384332835
agreed
but for me, leave out vanilla/tba since i joined too late to play tbc late game

mop was great only queers like >>384332943 dislike it cuz muh pandas
>>
>>384332835
t. never played Vanilla and TBC
>>
>>384332943
Exhibit A of someone blinded by nostalgia
>>
>>384332464
I don't really get why so many people cream their pants for vanilla but not for TBC. TBC is almost a copy of vanilla, but better and more balanced.
>>
>>384333014

Exhibit A of someone with shit opinions

>>384333048

> balanced

I haven't laughed that hard in a while, thanks.
>>
>>384332335
Crestfall ain't out yet.
>>
File: 1470003351630.jpg (36KB, 416x380px) Image search: [Google]
1470003351630.jpg
36KB, 416x380px
I...just....can't

I'm 100% burned out on the game. I have tried installing Legion and Classic and playing them but the minute the gameplay starts I feel nauseous and have to quit.

I've been too deep, I've been World First, I've been the 1 guy with Thunderfury on the realm. I can't go back.
>>
>>384332985
The kind of people who praise TBC are people who started playing in Wrath who are afraid of being called a Wrathbaby.
TBC was a total shitfest, somehow even worse than vanilla.
>>
>>384333179

yeah bro we believe you.
>>
File: 1355623744470.jpg (11KB, 291x200px) Image search: [Google]
1355623744470.jpg
11KB, 291x200px
>>384332335

because even if i go back, i will be doing the same things as I've been doing. I know all the quests, all the sight, all the raids.

what is there for me? The only thing i crave from vanilla wow is doing week long alterac valley like old times

Now if only there was a private server with vanilla/burning crusade/wotlk but with its own custom expansion. They could easily make some sort of emerald dream expansion since the terrain is already available
>>
>>384332335
played 4 60s over the last 2 years and need a break
>>
>>384333330

> being this much of a loser
>>
>>384332835
Wasn't wrath fucking awful?
Like didn't it only have 2 good raids?
>>
too busy with Legion, the best expansion they've made.
>>
>>384333313
>custom expansion
Its been done before.
Not well, but its been done before many times.
There's even that classless vanilla server I think is coming out soon that might tickle your pickle.
>>
>>384332335
Don't have the time anymore
I play retail for free with wow tokens
>>
>>384333381
Compared to TBC which only had one passable raid.
>>
No server is perfect. Any server could close at any time due to multiple reasons. I wouldn't want to slog it to 60 again once that happened.
>>
>>384333381

In WRath's defense ToC wasn't supposed to exist, you were supposed to have the Sunwell patch but it was fastforwarded to TBC because shit was cleared too fast as blizzard incredibly overestimated how long tier 6 would last.
>>
The one good thing vanilla has going for it is 1-60 world content/questing. However, TBC offers effectively the same experience in that regard except with better balance (the power level of premier leveling specs/classes, ie. BM hunters and such like, is more or less static especially prior to level 50, but a lot of the others get closer to par) and more up-to-date client and addons. The same deal with WotLK, and crucially 3.3.5a Trinitycore is more developed than vanilla open source emulation and you actually tend to find classic leveling content in a better shape in Wrath servers, although it must be said that a number of classes are just stupid (like prot warriors, with full blocks making them damage-immune and Revenge almost 1-shotting two mobs at once and all that) while leveling.

However, once you reach endgame, at this point it's just trash. Raids get cleared within an hour or two from first groups setting a foot inside, 5-mans are equally silly, itemization is just outrageously stupid, and both PvE and PvP are ill balanced. You might sensibly opt to play on a vanilla server for larger active leveling population, but I don't for the life of me see why anyone would stick around.
>>
>>384332835
>blinded by nostalgia
Usually people who say this don't have an actual reason as to why the newer thing is better than the older thing.
>>
>>384333487
All TBC raids sans Hyjal are better than ICC. I'd rank Ulduar above the lot of them, but the mediocrity of BT beats the mediocrity of ICC by a slim margin, and Kara/T5/SWP (let's ignore one-room raids for now, although it must be noted that release state of Gruul and Maggy was legit) sure as hell beat everything else.
>>
>>384333313
you need real developers for that sort of thing which can't happen while blizzard keeps legacy servers in limbo
>>
I'm not leveling another character in vanilla. Shield up right click all the way to 49 three times was fucking enough
>>
>>384333401

I should just check for these, maybe being classless could be fun
>>
>>384332604
There's no noteworthy grind. People back in the day simply were, by modern standards, unimaginably inefficient, and that's despite the fact that they were by modern standards unimaginably casual (for example, if you read Nihilum retrospective blogs, C'thun was the first time it even occurred for anyone to use flasks). This is especially true on private servers where there's no reason not to make a bunch of alts, boost them to 70 with your main, and then do quests in Netherstorm and Shadowmoon Valley with the lot of them on /follow (which effectively translates to ~1000g/h without having to work the in-game economy or fight for zero-sum resources, making costs like repairs fairly inconsequential).
>>
>>384334684
You can't boost on any of the "blizzlike" tbc servers.
>>
>>384332715
Not playing on a cuck server that's going to get shut down. Lmao at your fucking worthless cuck lives. Warmanes shit too faggot before you pull that.
>>
>>384332658
nostalrius was pretty damn close, though
even the community was great
>>
>>384332393
So you stopped playing before the game started? Interesting.
>>
None of my friends will play with me. WoW is terrible without friends.
>>
>>384335009
every server gets shut down if its run by cucks
>>
>>384335040
It was, imagine if it were still up.
>>384332658
So does that mean I should never replay any game then?
>>
>>384334927
Oh but you can. Mob tagging in instances for example was present in retail as well. And it should be noted that 1x leveling rates also act to decrease some of the costs (for example, there's more time people spend skinning the mobs, generating more supply of leather, making LW cheaper to powerlevel)
>>
>>384335208
Gummy's the biggest cuck of all.
>>
>>384335476
You can't multibox on gummy's.
>>
>>384335086
>The REAL game starts at level cap
Why do people play this shit?
>>
>>384335483
yeah hes such a cuck lmao cuck cuck cuck
>>
>>384335562
I don't know what rules they have but most servers don't forbid multiboxing, at least not the kind in which you just put characters on /follow instead of using 3rd-party software to replicate keystrokes.

Banning multiboxing entirely does make sense given that absence of sub fees (and any regular computer running multiple clients without an issue) enable precisely the kind of tactics I just described and I've argued in favor of banning it on multiple occasions, but as proponents correctly put out, it was a thing in retail as well and there's no true answer to which one is the more "Blizzlike" approach.

Anyhow, even if you don't produce large amounts of gold outside the economy through that kind of methods, TBC raiding still is, in the end, fairly low maintenance for a modern perfectly efficient player. There's one outlier in BS weapons and tailoring sets that do take a great effort to get, but that's a one-time deal and effort is a suitable balance to them being outrageously good (TBC kinda is the only expansion with professions actually providing something truly useful and unique: in vanilla, besides the set bonuses on starter gear like Bloodvine set, having a profession yourself literally does nothing, and in WotLK they're in principle identical stat bonuses rather than something unique, except that they're really not, but that's just awful balancing from Blizzard).
>>
>>384332393
Same. I got to about 42 and lost interest
>>
>>384335567
Because we play with other people which is the main reason why the game is fun. If he got tired by level 45 it means he got tired of the grind which is understandable but it should be said that when you get max level and you have to socialize and find a guild etc. it gets really fun.
Seriously there are so many retarded autists who play the game and interacting with them is like live entertainment at all times. Sometimes you find someone else who you can share the theater with and that just makes it even more fun.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.